KOF XII - Leona thread

Comments

• Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    BTW instant overhead j.A xx v-slasher works. Input as qcf~u/f+A,hcb+P.
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • RemxiRemxi Mithan's Robe Joined: Posts: 297
    Hopefully on all characters (whiffs on small crouchers in earlier games T_T).
  • Kane317Kane317 Joined: Posts: 223
    How do you do her lvl 2 V-Slasher? the v-slasher needs to be done in the air but the CC is on on the ground.

I suppose you would do the ground shortcut: qcf~uf~hcb+P DM. I'll need to test it.
    Check out KOF XIII vids @ www.youtube.com/Kane317
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    I suppose you would do the ground shortcut: qcf~uf~hcb+P DM. I'll need to test it.

You could also juggle the opp in the air and probably just do it then.
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
    sugarboy at CX says if you want to do a level 2 V-Slasher during a CC, you just need to input the standard motion qcf,hcb+P and Leona will do a short hop back before doing the DM. No need to jump for yourself.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    !

N+B, D+B, D+A, U+C.

N+B hits low(mind games yay!! xD), and U+C turns into moon slasher. Decent fast combo.
    Upon your enemy's wake up, if timed correctly, the opponent MUST either block, Back+CD, or eat it.
    Great with low/high/grab mix-ups.:smokin:
  • wip3outguy7wip3outguy7 Cyberpunk Joined: Posts: 141
    Man I wish I would have read through this thread more carefully before playing yesterday. I couldn't figure out the Grand Saber dash. It was like... run... ok, where's the attack? I played against a fireball spamming Robert and the fake out would have really taken his game apart.
  • Torn ApartTorn Apart New Noise Joined: Posts: 1,150
    OK based on those scans that got posted up, Leona's best CC goes something like this:

6B, Moon Slasher x3 (!), V-Slasher

Enjoy.

was able to practice this at the KoFXII tounrie/party. noticed that the moon slasher have to be the A version cause the C version will end the CC mode. Couldnt connect the V-Slasher though. Maybe you have to TK it?
    faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

AKA Zeppeli/Necro Bobsledder
  • orochanorochan Skullgirls NZ Joined: Posts: 141
    was able to practice this at the KoFXII tounrie/party. noticed that the moon slasher have to be the A version cause the C version will end the CC mode. Couldnt connect the V-Slasher though. Maybe you have to TK it?

See;
    sugarboy at CX says if you want to do a level 2 V-Slasher during a CC, you just need to input the standard motion qcf,hcb+P and Leona will do a short hop back before doing the DM. No need to jump for yourself.

Did you try that?
    Giving all my money to Lab Zero Games...
  • Torn ApartTorn Apart New Noise Joined: Posts: 1,150
    See;

Did you try that?

nope. didnt know you could do it that way till today lol
    faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

AKA Zeppeli/Necro Bobsledder
    That's only for the instant DM after the CC (you know, the one with the gold flash). I'm pretty sure if you wanna do it at the end of a CC combo you will need to jump into it thus TK motion is the way to go.
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tried out more Leona today.

Leona's fwd+C is actually really good!

If you hit them with that move and you end up close, you can hit them with a combo since they are stunned for a second and it counts as a combo :tup:

So it was something like this
    f+C, cr.C, f+B, qcb+C or Super

Leona's super motion qcf, hcb ub+P is really good as an anti air from the ground :bgrin:

Leona is a really solid character in XII, her jump attacks aren't as great like they used to be in the past KOF's, but she is still pretty awesome.
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,189
    well if she can't be as good going in high, maybe sneaking in low.

her triple moonslice CC setup looks fun since it's easy to finish with the super.
  • The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,282
    Are you SURE you comboed d+C after f+C?

I know you can combo f+C from her b,f+A move.
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    I would like to learn Leona this time.

I only have KOFXI at the moment and she's not in that one....so yeah.....

0:15

jumping D, standing A, standing C (or forward C?), Grand Saber?
  • HeBeHeBe Joined: Posts: 46
    That's Jump D -> C -> CD -> grand saber
    Tried out more Leona today.

Leona's fwd+C is actually really good!

If you hit them with that move and you end up close, you can hit them with a combo since they are stunned for a second and it counts as a combo :tup:

So it was something like this
    f+C, cr.C, f+B, qcb+C or Super

Leona's super motion qcf, hcb ub+P is really good as an anti air from the ground :bgrin:

Leona is a really solid character in XII, her jump attacks aren't as great like they used to be in the past KOF's, but she is still pretty awesome.

will her super still work if you just stop at back instead of up/back? I have trouble with up angled motions.

which is why I prefer HD Remix Cammy's hooligan special over classic ST/SFIV Cammy's hooligan.

If I can't get Leona's super to work when I want, I might not be able to use her in my team if the up/back motion is too strict or I can't get register that final position of the motion.
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    will her super still work if you just stop at back instead of up/back? I have trouble with up angled motions.

which is why I prefer HD Remix Cammy's hooligan special over classic ST/SFIV Cammy's hooligan.

If I can't get Leona's super to work when I want, I might not be able to use her in my team if the up/back motion is too strict or I can't get register that final position of the motion.

No way. Her V-Slasher DM is and always has been an AIR DM.
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
  • SAB-CASAB-CA Not the Super Argentine Backbreaker! Joined: Posts: 1,106

The Upback press is just an extra trick of the trade, though. You still have all of the rest of Leona's usual skills to work with, the the ability to combo into DM from c.C->f+a. Didn't someone also mention you can combo into DM from A quick Hop A?
    My World!: sabworks.com - cafepress.com/sabfan - sab-ca.deviantart.com
    Current Goal: KI3 - Thunder / Aganos / Kan Ra?! Hisako? ARIA?! -- KoF XIV: Team "Leona, Maxima, and some old dude!" Will return![/i]
    SFV - Karin, Sim, and Mika.
  • Titan44Titan44 Daddy Fat Sax Joined: Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In the corner: Jump C, C, CD xx B.Baltic Launcher, CD xx C.Moon Slasher. 405 damage o_O.

I'm not really a KOF player, but it seems like Moon Slasher has a sweet-spot. If you don't get it (and I haven't been able to do it since I noticed the sweet spot existed, lol), it'll do 378 damage.
    "WHAT'S CRACKIN' LITTLE BITCHES? THIS LOOKS LIKE A COOL SPOT TO KICK IT." >>> Black transformer (spoilers, he dies)
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Off a CC in corner:
    lp Moon Slasher(x3), hp Moon Slasher(x2) 605 Damage
    You have to input the lp Slashers as quickly as possible or the first hp Slasher doesn't bounce them high enough to combo after.
    You can also Super after the first hp Slasher.
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Off a CC in corner:
    You have to input the lp Slashers as quickly as possible or the first hp Slasher doesn't bounce them high enough to combo after.

yeah her corner cc does redic damage for just being moon slashers... I was so amazed by it when I tried it.
    <<>>
  • the_judgethe_judge Can you feel the love tonight? Joined: Posts: 1,771
    Off a CC in corner:

The one I do is lp Moon Slasher (x4), CD xx lp Moon Slasher.
    Getting the CD to combo after the last Moon Slash is pretty hard, same goes for getting the Moon Slash after it.

Has any1 found any shenanigans with back run? Besides back run to immediate slash.
    PC elitist
    I still haven't gotten 605 damage off that combo...but if you do

lp moon slasher x2, hp moon slasher, cd, hp moonslasher it does like 515 or something.. (im guessing you meant 505 and not 605

or if you finish with super instead of cd hp moon slasher it does like 565...

Midscreen the best I can find is

CC f+b xx qcb+hp, f+b, f+b Hp slasher (360ish, or super 460ish)

there is a trick to f+b cancel int qcb+hp you need to make sure you actually do the f+B immediately with none of the auto run inbetween so it actually retains its ability to cancel as if you had canceled into it...
    <<>>
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    CC lp moon, hp moon, lp moon, hp moon, hp moon

633 damage >.>

outside corner I was doing
    lp moon, f.C, lp. moon, run s.C, hp moon, hp moon for like 460 ish damage?
    wow really on that first one, tight, Im totally going to try that out tomorrow moon slasher cc does soooo much..

using f.c is a really good idea I should try that though instead of run c hp moon you might be able to do running x-caliber *obviously you'd run jump* then hp moon for a bit more damage.
    <<>>
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    wow really on that first one, tight, Im totally going to try that out tomorrow moon slasher cc does soooo much..

using f.c is a really good idea I should try that though instead of run c hp moon you might be able to do running x-caliber *obviously you'd run jump* then hp moon for a bit more damage.

x-calibur tends to gimp the damage and end the CC...which since there's a bit of recovery on it, I don' think you can get a moon slasher off after

what I WANT to work is
    lp moon, f.C, lp moon, grand saber, moon slasher, moon slasher...but they seem to land too soon for the grand saber :(

also, I forgot to add the last moon slasher in my "anywhere" combo...just edited it in
  • Titan44Titan44 Daddy Fat Sax Joined: Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Midscreen I've gotten CC, LP Moon Slasher, f+C, HP Moon Slasher, f+C, super to work. Don't remember the damage though, and I'm not in a position to test it again right now. I wanna say it was like 537 dmg.
    "WHAT'S CRACKIN' LITTLE BITCHES? THIS LOOKS LIKE A COOL SPOT TO KICK IT." >>> Black transformer (spoilers, he dies)
  • the_judgethe_judge Can you feel the love tonight? Joined: Posts: 1,771
    I'm a little unsure about ending with moon slasher in the corner.
    Can't they roll right afterwords? If so I'm looking for a safer ender. Even if neither has frame advantage, I would hate to lose anti-wakeup options.
    PC elitist
  • BadHeroBadHero The Anti-Hero Joined: Posts: 40
    The cc I use is 2147+c, f+b, 2147+c, f+bxx 23632147+p . I have trouble hitting the super sometimes, have no idea what the damage is
    SFIV:Zangeif,Balrog. K.O.F. XII: Raiden,Ralf,Joe,Clark. CvS2:Raiden,Todo,Sagat,Vice
    If you can't beat them join them, and hurt the team by beating YOUR SELF!
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    i've got a quick noobie question about leona's CC combos.

when you're doing her special moves, do you need to charge? i've tried just doing :d::u: + punch for moon slashers, but i always wind up dropping the opponent after the first moon slasher.

if you don't need to charge, then i guess it's my timing.
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

Yeah you need to charge. Your timing mite just be a little off
    SFIV:Zangeif,Balrog. K.O.F. XII: Raiden,Ralf,Joe,Clark. CvS2:Raiden,Todo,Sagat,Vice
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    Her Moon Slasher and Blue Ball have different charge times. Like, Moon Slasher is count to 1. While Blue Ball is about 4. I'm not sure about her G Saber.
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I like how its easier to combo into Moon Slasher now, it was a bitch on the old KOF's for me to combo into her Moon Slasher!

It still feels like she lost her awesome as hell HyperHop Jump Attack Pressure in this game!
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
    I'm having trouble getting 214+p after f+b any help?
  • Phoenix AzurePhoenix Azure Joined: Posts: 1,115
    just work on your timing. Im praticing C, fwd+b, V-Slasher
    SSFIV: M: Adon/Dictator S: Claw
    Blazblue: M:Hazama
    Waiting for the King to return...
    Do you know if its on hit or what? I do it on hit all day and nothing?
  • Phoenix AzurePhoenix Azure Joined: Posts: 1,115
    right when she nails her flip kick, u better be hitting the next button already have done the motion. Practice makes perfect.

Also keep in mind u can't do the flip kick standalone, u have to combo into it. like from Standing C
    SSFIV: M: Adon/Dictator S: Claw
    Blazblue: M:Hazama
    Waiting for the King to return...
    Thanks its because I was trying it as just f+bxx 214+p still pretty new to kof most of the play I've had is CvS2, so I'm still adjusting! Thanks again!