KOF XII - Leona thread

Comments

• The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,282
    yeah just do C, f+b, 214 A
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
  • SoundatronSoundatron Energon Guzzler Joined: Posts: 518
    So I can cancel to any special move EXCEPT the Grand Sabre? Cause that's what happened to me everytime in practice mode.
    SSFIV - Claw (II), Juri (II)
    3S - Twelve (I), Necro (I/III)
    HD - Claw
  • dhcwhat1dhcwhat1 Pop & Lock Joined: Posts: 86
    Was practicing with Leona today, when I stumbled on a cool combo, but only did it once.

Jumping C, C, QCF+B(Which will do her Forward B) HCB+P.

Kept trying to do it, but it wouldn't come out.. Anybody mind helpin'?
    ~Blue Suede // Elvis C. ~ Noooo Doubtt
  • SoundatronSoundatron Energon Guzzler Joined: Posts: 518
    Was practicing with Leona today, when I stumbled on a cool combo, but only did it once.

Timing on cancelling normals in this game is akward. I still have issues in cancelling her cr. C at times.
    SSFIV - Claw (II), Juri (II)
    3S - Twelve (I), Necro (I/III)
    HD - Claw
  • TDenekaTDeneka Joined: Posts: 665
    has anyone figured out how long is the charge time for her moon slasher?
    Easy Operation
  • orkaorka alpha Joined: Posts: 7,174

2369B > 214AorC should let you get V Slasher after Strike Arches easily. But I personally don't even do that since there's just so much time to input the full V Slasher motion on its own if you're chaining from 5C > 6B.
    has anyone figured out how long is the charge time for her moon slasher?

The game allows 2B > 5A > 2A > Moon Slasher, so it shouldn't be that long. I just always go for the standard 2B > 2A > 2A > Moon Slasher anyway, but it feels impossible to miss.

Also, speaking in CC terms, if you start charging immediately after confirming the 5C counter hit, you can buffer the Moon Slasher come out as soon as the freeze state is over.

So yea, for me personally the charge time feels pretty short.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The main problem for me about landing her 5C 6B DM combo isn't the difficulty of the combo itself, it's the fact that her C has almost zero range. -_-

on the plus side, her grand saber is really safe on block for some reason...we've been unable to punish it on block even with kyo's As and DPs...
  • LiftedResearchLiftedResearch Real Honest Fighting Joined: Posts: 629
    on the plus side, her grand saber is really safe on block for some reason...we've been unable to punish it on block even with kyo's As and DPs...

Well that's some good news...grand saber pressure time!
    Remember the BEARcade 11/18/2005...RIP dear friend.

• kraziepumakraziepuma Registered Boozer Joined: Posts: 58
    corner combo j.db C, db C, db CD, baltic launcher C, moonslasher C. 346 damage
    let go to get one, lose some to win some
    corner combo j.db C, db C, db CD, baltic launcher C, moonslasher C. 346 damage

Can't you sneak in another CD before the last Moon Slasher, or do you get too much pushback when you start the combo from jump-in?
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    Can't you sneak in another CD before the last Moon Slasher, or do you get too much pushback when you start the combo from jump-in?

you can get the CD...just do 3(down/forward)CD...lets you charge while doing CD easier....though charging right after you hit CD works too...just a bit harder...moon slasher has like...half a second charge time
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    The best midscreen CC I've come up with just messing around now is:

CC > lp Moon Slasher > f+C > f+B xx 214C > CD (Slight charge for timing) xx hp Moon Slasher. Timing seems tricky to get the character placement right but it is 456 damage so ok option for no meter.

Keep the ideas comin-
    Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
  • SlideSlide Inactive Member Joined: Posts: 3,084
    The best midscreen CC I've come up with just messing around now is:

CC > lp Moon Slasher > f+C > f+B xx 214C > CD (Slight charge for timing) xx hp Moon Slasher. Timing seems tricky to get the character placement right but it is 456 damage so ok option for no meter.

Keep the ideas comin-

Do we play the same exact team?

yo haha

Andy, Leona, Shen?

I've been thinking about switching Andy for Mature though cause no one is playing Mature, and I think I've got a gameplan
    Lol nah, just coincidence that I've posted in Andy's thread and here. My main squad right now is Chin > Duo-Lon > Kensou. Though my second team is looking like Leona > Andy > Ryo atm.

To be honest, I think I enjoy like 95% of the cast haha.
    Number one chief rekka.

Lol nah, just coincidence that I've posted in Andy's thread and here. My main squad right now is Chin > Duo-Lon > Kensou. Though my second team is looking like Leona > Andy > Ryo atm.

To be honest, I think I enjoy like 95% of the cast haha.

Ya.. you're always posting everywhere... were u the one in the fei forums repping the chinese connection? cause your main squad suggests so.. hehe.
  • catbondcatbond The Starving Gamer Joined: Posts: 669
    CC lp moon, hp moon, lp moon, hp moon, hp moon

633 damage >.>

Not that it REALLY matters, but if you do CC, 2~6+A, 2~6+C, 2~6+C, 2~6+A, 2~6+C you do 634 damage o_O
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

UMvC3: Haggar-α/Ryu-γ/Hawkeye-α
    USFIV: Balrog, Rose
    MKX: Scorpion (Inferno), Kitana (Royal Storm)
    The cc I use is 2147+c, f+b, 2147+c, f+bxx 23632147+p . I have trouble hitting the super sometimes, have no idea what the damage is

Has anyone tried this out and got the timing down on pulling the super?
    C.C. 2~8a x 4, 23632147 C

Does ~600 dmg.

Too bad it's only corner based but DAMN that dmg...

Also, there's her c.c. 2~8a x2, 2~8c x3

633 dmg, no super bar needed 0_0

She'll be my main and Ryo / Robert as her auxillary teammates.

Too bad Clark sux, if only there was a 3rd AoF char [Mr. Karate anyone?]

and here I was thinking doing 370 dmg with her was good... :sweat:
  • Warp2Warp2 Hachi-One Diver Joined: Posts: 115
    23632147 C
    LOL, you just blew my mind. :rofl: I have been trying to find a way to get her DM into a CC and missed this shortcut.
  • TDenekaTDeneka Joined: Posts: 665
    Anyone have any non-corner cc's yet? I've so far only read the stupid damage corner ones lol.
    Easy Operation
  • BadHeroBadHero The Anti-Hero Joined: Posts: 40
    Yep I use cc 2147+C f+b 2147+C then you can do f+bxx2363214+p or just 236963214+p I don't know why but I have a hard time with the cancel =/
    SFIV:Zangeif,Balrog. K.O.F. XII: Raiden,Ralf,Joe,Clark. CvS2:Raiden,Todo,Sagat,Vice
    If you can't beat them join them, and hurt the team by beating YOUR SELF!
    I feel as if some characters are better at CC in the corner than some some characters mid-screen. Leona being a character who hails in corner CCs.

Like seriously, 633 damage without super is incredible.

Also, the only mid-screen CC I'm content with is - CC, Crouch C, Moonslasher A, Forward C, Forward B, DM. Does about 441 damage.

I'll try looking for more.
  • SlideSlide Inactive Member Joined: Posts: 3,084
    If you're not close enough to the corner you can use the grand saber, to get there for the moon slasher.

Otherwise midscreen you can bust out some freestyles, just get them into the air somehow.

You can try stuff like:

CC-> grand saber(B) w/P x2, moon slasher(A), vslasher = about 430 or 450
    CC-> 4CD(for style) or regular CD, f+B, x-cal, x-cal, vslasher
    CC-> sweep, f+B, j.CD - x-cal, vslasher

You might be able to switch sides with the opponent via empty grand saber if YOU'RE the one cornered, when you begin CC.

So you float them, f+B, grand saber under them(now they're cornered), then moon slasher or something and try to follow that up.

Also if you're in the groove and you land a CH j.CD you can vslasher for follow up, got to be quick. Also Leona's neutral hop CD seems to be pretty effective in beating lows at a lower risk than trying f+B
  • ZoogstinZoogstin Joined: Posts: 1,021
    Alright this is the strongest midscreen CC combo I have for leona and its pretty beast. It does about 525 if I remember correctly. Either way it dose over 500.

Mid-screen
    CC -> 28P, 6C, 5B (whiff), 6B, 6B, 46C, 236963214C.

In order for the Baltic launcher to hit, you have to whiff the 5B before continuing with the combo. Either way this combo is flashy and does good damage.

Approaching corner:

(for those that don't know, this means your in the middle of the screen but you reach the corner before the combo finishes)

CC -> 28P, 6C, 6B, 28C, 23632147C.

This combo is easier and stronger.
    Mind translating that one?

Never understood the numbers, haha...
    CC-> moon slasher P, f.C, s.B (whiff), f.B, f.B, balistic launcher C, super

CC -> moon slasher P, f.C, f.B, moon slasher C, super.
  • Wonder_ChefWonder_Chef Chomp Chomp Hiss Joined: Posts: 1,651
    Alright this is the strongest midscreen CC combo I have for leona and its pretty beast. It does about 525 if I remember correctly. Either way it dose over 500.

Mid-screen
    CC -> :d::u::snkc:, :r::snkc:, :snkb:(Whiff), :r::snkb:, :r::snkb:, :l: :r::snkc:, :qcf::uf::hcb::snkc:.

In order for the Baltic launcher to hit, you have to whiff the 5B before continuing with the combo. Either way this combo is flashy and does good damage.

Approaching corner:

(for those that don't know, this means your in the middle of the screen but you reach the corner before the combo finishes)
    CC -> :d: :u::snkc:, :r::snkc:, :r::snkb:, :d: :u::snkc:, :qcf::df::qcb::ub::snkc:.

This combo is easier and stronger.

Translated it for whoever asked.
    "Characters like Cammy and Sakura aren't that threatening after knockdown." - Wasted
    "In ST, you can zone for almost an entire minute without the other character ever approaching you." - m2Dave
    Thank you.
    Going to go try them out now. :3
    I did: Jump in C > 2C > C+D > [4]6C > C+D > [4]6C >2[8]C by accident in training mode.

But I have no idea how I performed the second [4]6C, since the game automatically recognizes 1C+D as a Guard Attack unless it's chained into from another move. I guess it's possible that I was holding 2 when I pressed C+D then the joystick shifted to the 1 position immediately after that.

I don't know if this is practical at all, but at least now we know that it's possible to chain multiple Baltic Launcher in the corner while in non-CC state.
  • LogosLogos Mountain Beast Joined: Posts: 754
    Wow, that's fucking crazy. No idea how you got that to connect, since the charge time for the [4]6C should be too long to do it that way.
    well there is a small window where after you've charged long enough, do a quick move before pressing 6 and the attack button. For instance once you've held the charge long enough, you can do 5A or you can walk forward for a bit and then peform the launcher.

Of course what orka presented is still kind of wierd because I would think that the startup of C+D alone would be too long for the charge to hold.
    Like I said, I did it by accident and have no idea how I got it. I never really payed attention to how long it takes to charge Baltic Launcher, though, since the move is not used nearly as much compared to Moon Slasher. Perhaps the charge time is shorter in comparison?

I should try to replicate it again soon.

Also, another thing: the second Baltic Launcher was able to connect high (just about as high as the first one). So if this wasn't some weird glitch, and there is a way to consistently perform it, maybe she even has a C+D > [4]6C infinite in the corner.
    yeah that's what I was thinking, be pretty sweet if she got a non-glitch corner infinite IMO, since she's not very good after all haha
    Made up a reset off a mid-screen CC. No idea how practical this'll be or how easy it is to spot and just roll to avoid, but I like the theory of it haha. Basically it's 354 damage + 302 damage, so a total of 656 which is hefty.

Idea is to do the CC > lp Moon Slasher > f+C > f+B xx 214C start, but then finish with a 2C instead of CD xx HP Moon Slash. Once the 2C connects, start charging the CD so that it'll be unblockable shortly after they land. If that lands, just go immediately to DM if you have the meter, or just follow with whatever combo you like after that crumple.

Won't know the effectiveness till I play people later lol. It may be a one trick a night pony type of thing.
    Number one chief rekka.

• RemxiRemxi Mithan's Robe Joined: Posts: 297
    Here is the corner CC from that KOFUNION combo vid that came out a short time ago.

- CC, d~u+A, d~u+A, d~u+C, c.C xx b~f+C, b~f+A, qcf, hcbu+P

Does 644 damage, looks cooler than just Moon Slasher repeatedly, but it is a bit hard to execute. You can do another Moon Slasher at the end instead of super.

f+B will crumple on counter-hit, giving you enough time to run up and combo how you like. Seems to be the same with all of her heavy normals too (including f+C).
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    Here is the corner CC from that KOFUNION combo vid that came out a short time ago.

- CC, d~u+A, d~u+A, d~u+C, c.C (CC ends here), b~f+C, b~f+A, qcf, hcbu+P

Does 644 damage, looks cooler than just Moon Slasher repeatedly, but it is a bit hard to execute.

f+B will crumple on counter-hit, giving you enough time to run up and combo how you like. Seems to be the same with all of her heavy normals too (including f+C).

might look cooler...but ummm...it's 10 extra damage for a SUPER
    corner without super...634
    corner with super...644
    why would you ever do it?
  • MUSOLINIMUSOLINI Joined: Posts: 1,533
    might look cooler...but ummm...it's 10 extra damage for a SUPER
    corner without super...634
    corner with super...644
    why would you ever do it?

because her super does crappy damage anyway, even without being combod into. then again its probably cause its so fucking easy to hit.
    Shells in the mouth, jailhouse snitch
    My powder voice, Snow White stiff
    Verbal killas, gorilla grip
    God body shit, puff Marley spliffs
    Another thing to keep in mind is that her super does inconsistent damage in the air (unless you're some kind of wiz that has the ability to get as much V on the opponent as possible each time). I get so fuckin' pissed when I land it to cap a CC and it ends up only dealing like 50 points on its own lol.

I usually reserve the super bar with Leona for hop A > V Slasher.
  • NIKO:ONENIKO:ONE Joined: Posts: 918
    Another thing to keep in mind is that her super does inconsistent damage in the air (unless you're some kind of wiz that has the ability to get as much V on the opponent as possible each time). I get so fuckin' pissed when I land it to cap a CC and it ends up only dealing like 50 points on its own lol.

I usually reserve the super bar with Leona for hop A > V Slasher.

Yeah it's still a mystery to me :rofl: I've tried everything; thinking it was how close to the groud they were, or how far away they were in the air. From the cancel to f-b or jump in jab punch super it is always the same damage though.
    So what if you post on Shoryuken.com, I just threw you three times in a row.