Plinking / Tsuji-Style: KARA BUFFER Inputs for Easier Links and More!

Comments

• Dan's StudentDan's Student SuperTurboRyan Joined: Posts: 1,044
    I for one never knew this. :wasted: I am... confused on how this works. I guess it doesn't matter that I understand WHY it works, but I'm curious. Except I don't know how to phrase my question. Let's see...

No no, it does matter. I too HAVE to understand WHY something works in order to completely and fully utilize, and know WHY I'm utilizing it in the first place, so you are not alone.

Anyways I was totally about to write up a huge question because I understood absolutely no mechanic about this, or purpose at first. But now that I've re-read it, I believe I see what you are saying now, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

- The game decides that if multiple punches and kicks are pressed simultaneously, the strongest move will execute (So roundhouse will execute if you push roundhouse and forward at the same time).

- So, when you are performing a link such as cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.strong xx special move, which may require 1 frame timing between cr.jab and cr.strong, you press strong~jab for that cr.strong.

- The game is reading strong when you initially pressed it, and then when you hit jab, the game registers ANOTHER attack since they were pressed so close together, but it registers ANOTHER strong instead of jab because the game prioritizes the stronger attack when multiple punches/kicks are pressed together. The end result is like double tapping strong VERY quickly, within a couple frames I assume. Thus, creating a more precise effort at that 1-2 frame timing.

That about sum it up? Assuming I assumed right, that is a pretty interesting find, I think I'll probably try that with Guile's cr.jab, cr.strong xx flashkick/sonic boom.
    PSN: Th3_Greench_SRK (Skullgirls, SFxT, SSF2THDR, MK9, SCV, KOFXIII, T6)

XBL: Th3 Greench (SSF2THDR, SSFIVAE:V2012, UMVC3, MVC2)
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    Kirby-link or P-link makes it sound like this is a new kind of combo, like chains and stuff. But all this is is a new technique to perform a type of combo.

I vote for not naming it after people.

call it something priority-glitch or button-aiding

anyways, now we gotta find ways to exploit this glitch in other situations.
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • Dan's StudentDan's Student SuperTurboRyan Joined: Posts: 1,044
    You sir are awsome. And I think "kara link" is a great term for this technique.
    I look forward to trying it too.

I also think it's hilarious that this dood is hustling to name these kara links.

No disrespect.
    its more of a renda link if you ask me (is that what its called?)

whats this standing ultra demon im hearing about?
    im fine with kirby link... lol wouldn't matter if i weren't.

but i still like priority link better as that pretty much defines what it is (p-link).

but if it's kirby link i vote k-link for short :tup:

lol mechanica read kirbys first post and my second or third post to know why this works.

once again good shit kirbysim!

-dime

P.S. And lol, if you guys really want a common name for this (Which is understandable since we want to know what the hell we're talking about mid conversation) then to be honest, all those kara/cancel/whatever names don't fit since that's not what is happening here.

Kara cancel indicates that you are interrupting the first few frames of one attack/move, and executing another. And a renda cancel is when you are chaining together multiple crouching or standing jabs/shorts, and then go into the next state (ie from standing to crouching, or crouching to standing) and hit jab/short but then cancel the first few frames of that jab/short into a special/super.

Since there is no canceling going on, kara/renda cancel doesn't fit. What's actually happening here, is that you are basically "tricking" the game into reading the input as two, insanely fast back to back button presses (ie it's reading strong~jab as strong, strong, within 1-2 frames). So, since there is no canceling going on, I suggest calling it "piano link/piano linking." Since after all, you are basically using piano method, and no canceling is going on.

:rofl: Naming advanced techs/glitches is serious business. Have we learned nothing from the Super Smash Bros. community?!
    PSN: Th3_Greench_SRK (Skullgirls, SFxT, SSF2THDR, MK9, SCV, KOFXIII, T6)

XBL: Th3 Greench (SSF2THDR, SSFIVAE:V2012, UMVC3, MVC2)
  • CicadaCicada NO, YOU CANNOT. Joined: Posts: 1,400
    Outstanding
    Inland Empire/SoCal SF4 Training: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=7446178
    500px.com/bgateb
  • nyuronyuro Joined: Posts: 181
    this is awesome stuff testing now...
  • yebyeb AE元是我最喜欢的。 Joined: Posts: 442
    - The game decides that if multiple punches and kicks are pressed simultaneously, the strongest move will execute (So roundhouse will execute if you push roundhouse and forward at the same time).

- So, when you are performing a link such as cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.strong xx special move, which may require 1 frame timing between cr.jab and cr.strong, you press strong~jab for that cr.strong.

- The game is reading strong when you initially pressed it, and then when you hit jab, the game registers ANOTHER attack since they were pressed so close together,
    Correct on all points so far, but...
    but it registers ANOTHER strong instead of jab because the game prioritizes the stronger attack when multiple punches/kicks are pressed together.
    Not quite, it isn't registering one instead of the other. What it's doing is registering BOTH the jab and strong (strong for a 2nd time) and the strong takes priority. This might sound exactly the same, but there's a key difference: the piano roll can register as an EX input. This is really annoying for characters with mashed moves (hundred hands, electricity, etc.) because piano rolls tend to result in EX moves due to this same mechanic. If you're just doing it for a normal attack though, then it's simply the stronger normal move that comes out.
    The end result is like double tapping strong VERY quickly, within a couple frames I assume. Thus, creating a more precise effort at that 1-2 frame timing.
    Better than double tapping could ever be. If you double tap, the best you can possibly hope to achieve is 2 inputs in 3 frames - press on the 1st frame, release on the 2nd frame, and press again on the 3rd frame. No matter what, there's going to be a gap (most likely much larger than 1 frame) if you use double taps for links. What this does is give you 2 inputs on consecutive frames. Normally when the game reads one button being pressed on 2 consecutive frames it just thinks that you're holding the button, but this abuses the system to register the same button twice.

Anyway, this is an amazing trick, I've tried it quite a bit and found it extremely useful. I'd agree that kara links would be an inappropriate name, though. Piano linking is simple and descriptive.
    Super Street Fighter 4: Chinese Edition.
    yeb likes this game.
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    Oh I found out how to get it to work 100%.

You have to hold the previous button so that it counts as a mp+hp on the input display.

If you kara it and release, it WILL NOT WORK and you will get some shitty move you didn't want.

You must hold down the buttons that you want to kara for the technique to work correctly.

That's why the Akuma instant demon works.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • KIRBYSIMKIRBYSIM Joined: Posts: 105

Translation courtesy of xhydralisk

Actual translation:
    theory:
    When pressing two different buttons 1F apart, the first button is registered as being pressed twice. Usually same button press twice takes at least 3F but now it is possible in 2F. (Normally pressing the button that fast will not work because the game will just register as a hold)

explanation and uses:
    when simultaneously pressing buttons, press the buttons in the order of high priority to low priority. i.e. hK->mK input would register hK on 1F, mk + hk on 2F. Between mK and hK, hK has the higher priority so in effect, hK has been pressed twice in 2F. When using this technique for linking, the first input is registered, effectively giving a +1F window on links.

From the link in the vid info:
    3F demon: theory

1F 3P hold
    2F back + lk
    3F 3P release

how to practice:
    In training mode key display ON
    If you hold down a button then another, only the second button is shown
    If you successfully 1F slide it will register as simultaneous press.
    Pressing the first button only once, but appears twice = 2 button presses are registered.

Yeah, right after I asked for the link to the video my curiosity got the better of me and I went and did the SRK thing: I used the search function. :rofl:

And boy, that shit was amazing. Absolutely blew my mind.

Had to leave for school, but when I got back I went to training mode straight and messed around with ma man Gouki. I think I've figured out how it's done. Here's the method as paraphrased from my post in the original thread:

Walk forward
    1F forward+LP+MP (note: the game executes this as forward+s.MP)
    2F forward+LP+MP+HK (in other words, this is LP+MP kara into HK)
    3F backward+LK+HP

EDIT: If you map the button inputs onto a Hori Real Arcade Pro as follows, it gets really easy.

B button - LP (same as default)
    X button - MP (default)
    A button - HK
    Y button - HP (default)
    LB button - LK

So then all you gotta do is hit forward+B+X+A but with A slight (one-frame) slower than B+X, then finish off with back+Y+LB.[/B]
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I'll test it as soon as I can, good find

Ciap
  • Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 9,747
    its up to kirby to name this, he found it and brought it to us.

piano link is sort of descriptive enough, but it doesnt state why the link works only how to do it. also piano could be ANY buttons pressed in a rhythmic manner, that wont necessarily result in a proper link as kirbys find is accomplished tho.

priority link however states exactly whats happening when you use kirbys method:

your using the systems input PRIORITY for buttons to get out an easy double tap hence making 1 and 2 frame links alot easier.

also this is not as easy to use as i first thought:

when using p-links with ryu as an example:

cr.lk, cr.lp, (p-link) cr.mp~lp theres a VERY good chance that you'll get a cr.lp, if you input the p-link to early... the reason why is obviously that the chain timing from the first 2 inputs wasnt over when the p-link was done, so like any other link combo the mp gets eaten by move recovery and the cr.lp comes out cause it was timed so that the game was still accepting chain timing for a weak attack.

still this makes many links i tried it with MUCH easier. for instance abels F+MK xx dash> st.fp is WAY freakin easier using priority link (st.fp~mp)

try it out!

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Crimson_Zero12Crimson_Zero12 ¬_¬ SIDE-EYE MADNESS ¬_¬ Joined: Posts: 659
    Why would you need hk on the SSG? Works fine without it.
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk

piano link is sort of descriptive enough, but it doesnt state why the link works only how to do it. also piano could be ANY buttons pressed in a rhythmic manner, that wont necessarily result in a proper link as kirbys find is accomplished tho.

priority link however states exactly whats happening when you use kirbys method:

your using the systems input PRIORITY for buttons to get out an easy double tap hence making 1 and 2 frame links alot easier.

also this is not as easy to use as i first thought:

when using p-links with ryu as an example:

cr.lk, cr.lp, (p-link) cr.mp~lp theres a VERY good chance that you'll get a cr.lp, if you input the p-link to early... the reason why is obviously that the chain timing from the first 2 inputs wasnt over when the p-link was done, so like any other link combo the mp gets eaten by move recovery and the cr.lp comes out cause it was timed so that the game was still accepting chain timing for a weak attack.

still this makes many links i tried it with MUCH easier. for instance abels F+MK xx dash> st.fp is WAY freakin easier using priority link (st.fp~mp)

try it out!

-dime

I have no idea what to call it either - in fact the description in my first post seems to be quite confusing for a number of folks, due to my lack of experience in dealing with and explaining fighting game jargon.

But I guess priority link sounds pretty apt. P-link sounds catchy. :bgrin:
    Why would you need hk on the SSG? Works fine without it.

This way you can go from Akuma's walking animation to his Ultra animation without anything in between. No whiffed jabs, no forward+MP, just straight from walking to ultra.

It's not practical, but it sure as hell looks cool.
  • jpr333jpr333 Joined: Posts: 140

Walk forward
    1F forward+LP+MP (note: the game executes this as forward+s.MP)
    2F forward+LP+MP+HK (in other words, this is LP+MP kara into HK)
    3F backward+LK+HP

I don't get why you've used hk here really. From my own testing, the quickest way i could get the demon out using this 'kara lniking' was lp-hp, lk-hp + back. He jabs once then demons very fast. How would you do a 'forward' demon per se? To clarify why doesnt the hk animation coem out using your method? Excuse my ignorance im not really an akuma player.
    I don't get why you've used hk here really. From my own testing, the quickest way i could get the demon out using this 'kara lniking' was lp-hp, lk-hp + back. He jabs once then demons very fast. How would you do a 'forward' demon per se? To clarify why doesnt the hk animation coem out using your method? Excuse my ignorance im not really an akuma player.

If you kara cancel LP~(LP+)HP, what happens is Akuma will throw out his s.LP, which happens to have a 3-frame start-up.

You need at least three frames to perform the demon. So if you do it this way, Akuma will go from walking animation, to s.LP, to Ultra.

The solution to this is to start with forward+LP+MP instead.

If you use LP+MP as your first command, then the only buttons left to kara cancel with are HP and HK. If you try and kara with LK, Akuma does a whiffed throw. If MK, focus attack.

I wouldn't use HP to kara cancel simply because this means you'd have to double tap the HP button, which is slow. And even if you have HP assigned to two separate buttons which you tap quickly, it's still slow - once you've input HP, unless you kara it, there is a brief cooldown before you can press HP again.

So HK it is.

Edit: The HK doesn't come out because your very first input was forward+LP+MP, which Akuma executes as forward+MP. Since Akuma is already committed to that move, when you kara with the HK, it doesn't execute.
    I think there is something I don't quite grasp about this concept... I've being trying to execute Guile's c.lp > c.mp using this technique and it isn't working for me.
    What I'm doing is a little akin to some of the frame cancel moves in Soul Calibur, like Mitsurugi's kB.
    So I've tried pressing both buttons alsmost simultaneously, pressing c.mp slightly sooner, pressing and holding c.lp and releasing it at the time of the link together with c.mp and such... but I'm really not getting anything here.

I feel like I have a case of the dumb... maybe it's because I'm on a fightpad?
  • whitecrowzwhitecrowz CKD Joined: Posts: 282
    If you do LP~MP right, here's what the input window in the training mode says:

(second frame) LP+MP
    (first frame) LP

Just go to training mode and try it. That's the way the game registers it.

Thanks for the info.
    And yeah P-link sounds fly
  • jpr333jpr333 Joined: Posts: 140
    Ah i see now thx kirby, so essentially your starting a standing mp which is kara'd into the demon so he doesnt actually throw the mp animation cause you do it so fast? Even if i cant strictly do it your way on a 360 controller the jab to demon is friggin fast, great work!

Nielsens it is hard on a controller because you've gotta try and spread your thumb over the two buttons, but it would go lp, mp-lp this last lp coming straight after the mp since it registers it as another mp in lp + mp.
  • WarahkWarahk Joined: Posts: 1,104
    Two other guile players have already mentioned this, but id like to verify that this technique does not seem to work with guiles bnb c.lp -> c.lp -> c.mp. In training mode the input display will read lp, lp, mp, lp+mp. So in theory i should be getting 2 chances to link mp, but for some reason lp+mp calls a jab. I find guiles link to be more consistent without this technique.

Edit: Nevermind... this technique DOES work, the jab was coming out because the slide was too early. this has improved my consistancy for sure. Hopefully ill be able to replace boom with flashkick in guiles bnb now :)
  • DestinDestin Ziggy Stardust Joined: Posts: 1,181
    My god if you only knew how much this is going to help my sakura.
    I am the hero.
    HERO KENZAN!
    I just stumbled upon this on my own while training last night. I was trying the piano technique, but I just thought it'd be easier to hit 2 buttons instead of all 3. Takes a while to get used to, but it works.

The thing is, I use Akuma and I usually use the LP srk, so I piano LP first, then MP. If I wanted HP, I'd piano HP~MP. But this whole issue of prioritizing the stronger attack of the 2 makes sense. I just thought I'd hit the strength I wanted first, then the strength next to it as backup for extra inputs.

For those that are still having trouble linking normals, I learned something epic from MuKen over at the Akuma forums.

The trick is to look at the arm/leg very closely. As soon as the limb pulls back, your window is open to press the next normal to link.

For example, using Akuma, try:
    cr MP > cr MP
    cr MP > HP
    HK (2 hit) > cr LP

If you're doing it right, it should register as a combo. Even if it doesn't combo because you missed the input window, the next normal will still come out really fast.
  • TDenekaTDeneka Joined: Posts: 665
    kirby linking is my vote, you should be remembered for bringing this to the community.
    Easy Operation
  • retiredjerkretiredjerk Joined: Posts: 165
    cool i gotta try this
  • BansheeBanshee Old School Joined: Posts: 401
    If I understand this correctly, I could do, with Gief:

c.jab > c.jab > c.jab, c.short~c.jab XX jab greenhand ?

I could even use negative edge on the jab for the greenhand.
    As for the mustache of your curl it is somewhere?
  • Ono-SendaiOno-Sendai Chocolate Ultra Joined: Posts: 177
    But I guess priority link sounds pretty apt. P-link sounds catchy. :bgrin:

ahaha... man you could've called them whatever you wanted... you had the power!

Now we'll never have a SF technique named after breasts...

(I would've called them Titty-Links) :tup:
    Sipping on Genei-Gin and Juice

(with my mind on my meter and my meter on my mind)
  • kenskkensk Joined: Posts: 358
    why dont we just name it appropriately instead of naming it after someone who didnt even discover it first. kara addition would be appropriate (addition of another input from nothing). or empty addition if we dont wanna suck on jap nuts. kara priority would also be fitting, priority link doesnt really indicate the fact that you can use it during a demon.

kara linking is a deceiving name because it has more than one use.
    retarded. i "discovered" the balrog double ex kara (in the sense that i watched a japanese video and reverse engineered it) but i do not feel the need to name it something that its not.
  • HeaTBlaznHeaTBlazn Rameo Joined: Posts: 897
    so in theory we can get 3 button presses with hp mp lp?
    just making sure I understand it correctly

good shit.

Priority link for me
  • Jay WangJay Wang FrameDatas! Joined: Posts: 665
    very smart stuff
    thanks for sharing
    +rep pts
    - JayWang

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
  • DevilKnightDevilKnight Joined: Posts: 773
    KIRBY didn't really discover this technique or bring it to the site. It came up on the Akuma forum a few days ago after the vid, and some guys there translated and clarified the theory behind it first. KIRBY dicided to apply the idea to links and post it here so other characters could try it.

As for the vid, it should be recognised that it's not an instant or walking Ultra or something like that, it's just a really fast f+MP Kara, made fast by this technique. You'll still see a jab without the f+MP there.

In all it cuts the input time for his Ultra over a normal double LP tap by about half.
  • JinraiJinrai Joined: Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I recommend calling it plinking. You know, like Plinko from The Price is Right without the "o." Rolls off the tongue well.
  • NydrinNydrin SUPREME DUCKER Joined: Posts: 192
    Yeah, when desora first posted the video up (before the explanation), I spent time trying to analyze what was going on. His english isn't good, so I couldn't get him to explain it easily (he plays on ggpo sometimes if you're curious). After the explanation video was posted, I got a friend to help me translate it and figured it out from there. I asked gilley to help me test it on irc before I posted how it works in theory on the akuma forums. Later on gilley links me to this thread on irc and I only had to read the first 2 lines before I yelled out "why didn't I think of that!". I'm glad someone did though. I don't see anything wrong with naming it after him. Even though he didn't come up with _everything_, he did apply it before any of us thought about doing so.
    <fuson909> yeah sboquals at denjin had an unusal large amount of a2 players
    <fuson909> ed ma was like hey how do u turn blue and move fast
    <fuson909> i was like
    <fuson909> bitch
    <fuson909> are u kidding me
    <ShinJNwrk> haha
  • DevilKnightDevilKnight Joined: Posts: 773
    Naming this linking method after KIRBY is fair, and everyone seems good to leave the onus on him to decide.

When it comes to naming the actual technique based on what it achieves, it is basicly using the way the system recognises priority for simultaneous inputs in order to cancel the need for double-tapping a button. It can also help achieve faster piano inputs it seems.

According to the original vid, the discoverer was called TSUJI.
  • MoxManiacMoxManiac Haggar!!! Joined: Posts: 343
    The main link I want to master with Rufus is s.lk into close s.hp, would i do s.lk+s.hp in this case?
    SSF4: Haggar | HDR: Haggar | 3s: Haggar | Tekken 6: Haggar | Smash Bros: Haggar
    Actually talking to my friend, he reminds me this technique was already found in japan and named "Tsuji Canceling" or "Tsuji Style". So we could use that or P-linking. Only problem I have with kirby linking is that I immediately think of smash bros. :O
    <fuson909> i was like
    <fuson909> bitch
    <ShinJNwrk> haha
  • cozenycozeny I plink there4 I am Joined: Posts: 381
    mox, it's

dive kick > st.LK > st.HP ~MP xx Tornado

... and it's REALLY easy
    why dont we just name it appropriately instead of naming it after someone who didnt even discover it first.

kirby WAS the first person to discover this(and subsequently make a thread about it), he didnt even know about the akuma trick when he posted this.... since then others have come through and stated that they had already found this...

which begs the question of why didnt they post it first??? were they to stupid to figure out how groundbreaking it is, OR were they being stingy with the info? OR are they lying???

hmmm... either way it doesnt stop the fact that kirby posted it up before anyone else did.

so he gets the credit.

kara addition would be appropriate (addition of another input from nothing). or empty addition if we dont wanna suck on jap nuts. kara priority would also be fitting, priority link doesnt really indicate the fact that you can use it during a demon.

the fact that this can be used for a demon has NO SIGNIFICANCE with the fact that p-link can be used to make LINKED INPUTS come out easier, in fact they are two different things which happen to share a button technique. your talking about naming this technique after something that ONE character do when it can be applied to ALL characters in a totally different application. stupidity...no?

also, kara is a stupid name. NOTHING is being canceled... its a link.
    i "discovered" the balrog double ex kara (in the sense that i watched a japanese video and reverse engineered it) but i do not feel the need to name it something that its not.

you didnt discover it, you saw it in a video, you sound butthurt that you didnt get to name it... sucks for you, if thats how your thinking.

your case and kirbys are totally different, he didnt rip this off of a jap vid... he MAY have gotten the idea from the akuma vid but he has already stated that he did not in fact know about the akuma demon. the precedence for discoverers of a certain technique,invention, etc. is to name it after the person who discovered it or let them name it themselves (within reason) also he should get credit for it, because what other reason would there be for others to bring there discoveries to the masses. if they get no recognition other than "good job"... etc. etc.

people would be stingy with there discoveries (we all love you cole, but i'm lookin at you :rofl: no biggy) its that kind of attitude that plagues the FGC, NO ONE can find EVERYTHING themselves, Daigo didnt find everything himself, neither did valle, choi etc. WE ALL become better when someone shares with the community rather than when they keep it all to themslves... i'm not saying that people have no right to be stingy with there shit... but just that more people might be willing to come forward if they didnt think that they were going to be forgotten for being the innovator that found shit.

anyways these are 2 DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES that both make use of overlapping move inputs. if you and some other people want to name the overlapping move input phenomenon... i'm certainly not going to try and stop you.

all i'm interested in is, this ability to make links easier... i could care less what it does for akumas demon.

and the LINKING aspect of this is, what we've come up with a name for, its the more useful anyways.

this isnt exactly a non precedent when it comes to new discoveries... it actually is standard that he who discovers, names.
    why should you be able to come in and say that it should be different???

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • kenskkensk Joined: Posts: 358
    kara means empty in japanese

regardless my names suck.

when has it been the standard for the person who invents something to name it, ever? theres a reason you dont see choi cancels and bob throws all over the place.

fffffffffffffffffff
  • Poochie!Poochie! ...woof Joined: Posts: 177
    >Dime_x

you make it sound like the akuma video has nothing to do with the linking method... however, the video actually tells you how to do everything kirby mentioned... AND it was translated a day before kirby made his post... it even states in the video that this technique applies to ALL LINKS, it doesn't say it's ONLY for the Raging Demon...

all kirby did was post this info on the general forum first... even if he didn't copy the raging demon video... wouldn't you give credit to the guy who "discovered" it first? I'm sure Tsuji knew about this technique more then "a few days ago"...
    I give kirby props for putting 2 and 2 together when we should have on irc after we figured out the demon. Theres no reason he shouldn't get props for that. I don't believe that he didn't get it from the akuma technique though. I also don't think a lot of people here fully understand it as much as they think they do. I've seen people here completely wrong about the akuma technique in this thread (even kirby with the needless HK and F+MP kara). So yeah name it what you want, but lets get back on topic so people get a true understanding of whats going on in both techniques.
    <fuson909> i was like
    <fuson909> bitch
    <ShinJNwrk> haha
    >Dime_x

you make it sound like the akuma video has nothing to do with the linking method... however, the video actually tells you how to do everything kirby mentioned... AND it was translated a day before kirby made his post... it even states in the video that this technique applies to ALL LINKS, it doesn't say it's ONLY for the Raging Demon...

all kirby did was post this info on the general forum first... even if he didn't copy the raging demon video... wouldn't you give credit to the guy who "discovered" it first? I'm sure Tsuji knew about this technique more then "a few days ago"...

well i cant read japanese... if this is true then of course it should be named after tsuji if he did indeed figure out that it applies to links ALSO.

p-link still makes more sense tho :wink:

why did you not link to the translation though??? we're in america.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • skisonicskisonic Joined: Posts: 1,131 mod
    -snip-

I'm probably a little late to the party, but good shit man.

edit: oh naming is an issue? Eh i'll chime in later.
    Internationally known. East coast home.

I bet some people thank god for the internet and the keyboard everynight when they pray. "NOW I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT!" - big|dave
  • JinraiJinrai Joined: Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yup. It's called plinking now BECAUSE I SAY SO. Rawr.
    Yeah dime, we should indeed have an American translation for it. I think everyone wants that, but I think people were just concerned over credit also being due to the founders overseas as well.
    <fuson909> i was like
    <fuson909> bitch
    <ShinJNwrk> haha
    In all honesty, isn't this just a variation of the piano technique credited to Daigo/Chris Finney in the Domination 101 forums?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=34755

Look at the 8th paragraph.

I 'discovered' this kara-kirby-whatever-link on my own by just piano hitting 2 buttons instead of 3, simply because it's easier. I applied this to specials, and the only new thing I learned in this thread is that it applies to normal links too.
    <DS893> OH WAIT
    <DS893> WAIT
    <DS893> 2 buttons 1 link

I think the name is official now
    <fuson909> i was like
    <fuson909> bitch
    <ShinJNwrk> haha
    In all honesty, isn't this just a variation of the piano technique credited to Daigo/Chris Finney in the Domination 101 forums?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=34755

Look at the 8th paragraph.

I 'discovered' this kara-kirby-whatever-link on my own by just piano hitting 2 buttons instead of 3, simply because it's easier. I applied this to specials, and the only new thing I learned in this thread is that it applies to normal links too.

Actually, this is not the same as that. This technique is specific to SF4. It allows you to press the same exact key, not just extra keys, within a time frame (1 frame) that is not possible in other games. That technique daigo uses is multiple button presses at different strengths to make sure he doesn't miss a special. It's used in majority of fighters and the button presses happen slower than the 1 frame this technique uses.
    <fuson909> i was like
    <fuson909> bitch
    <ShinJNwrk> haha
  • Grits'N'GravyGrits'N'Gravy I used to oicho throw people. Joined: Posts: 977
    when has it been the standard for the person who invents something to name it, ever? theres a reason you dont see choi cancels and bob throws all over the place.

The Valle CC? =)
    CFN: BatmanWithAGlock
    E. Honda is gone forever. 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
  • DSDS Hell Revealed Joined: Posts: 4,904
    <DS893> OH WAIT
    <DS893> WAIT
    <DS893> 2 buttons 1 link

I think the name is official now

Fuck what Jinrai says. My name sticks. 2B1L. Come on. Work with me guys.
    <Chibi> ill make sure to have komi invite you when he weds his hug pillow though
    <@bellreisa>; you may now kiss the waifu
    <@bellreisa>; if you're lucky she might even kiss back
    Fuck what Jinrai says. My name sticks. 2B1L. Come on. Work with me guys.

now that i've seen this.

i'm down with plinking!

lol luv u DS:rock:

if tsuji sticks, i vote we call it T-link, tlink for jinrai.

BOOOOOM BAM WOOOOOP WOOOOOOP

WHAT?

-edit... STUCK???? GO KIRBY!!

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • bokchoybokchoy Not Krang Joined: Posts: 1,395
    Priority link? Tsuji link?

Everyone has a hard-on over technical-sounding terms and an even bigger hard-on over japanese-sounding terms.

Why not just call it what it is: a two-button link.

BTW, this shit is leet. I don't have a stick yet, so it's hard to tell whether it's worth replacing easy links with more difficult links, just for a bit of extra damage/stun. It's obviously very practical, but I guess that depends on character per character.