Chaos Code - AOU exhibition with SEGA.

191011121315»

Comments

• rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,810
    So I was brain storming some ideas earlier today after leaving home, and I remembered something. Herme's 6B can be special cancelled, even into air specials, and I'm pretty sure I was able to do a normal after her air lightning special. Maybe an uber ghetto short hop for mixups? Also, the mizummi wiki confused me. It said that normal goes airborne and has upperbody invincibility, so does that mean she basically will go over lows and be invincible to highs, making it basically an invincible normal once it starts up?
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    this game is awesome
    youtube sfv
  • CaptainGinyuCaptainGinyu Choppin Bricks Like Karate Joined: Posts: 1,978
    How is this game's balance? Who is stupid top tier?
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”-Jimi Hendrix
    Take the Raw Vegan challenge! Lol nah fam, I don't even do this shit anymore.

SFV: Zangief Sub: Juri
    GGXRD Revalator: Ramlethal Valentine
    KOF XI: Terry/Oswald/Gato | KOF 14: Terry/NAK/KOD, Terry/Yamazaki/KOD

PSN: CaptDeepThot

• phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    edited September 2013
    Tier information http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Chaos_Code/Tiers

From the little I've played and watched on youtube, it seems pretty accurate. Balance is pretty decent.

Cerberus has a very strong neutral. High damage BNBs and ECs if he saves up to 3 meters.
    Rui has the most ridiculous damage on her abare - if you're a person who likes to do big dmg combos off almost anything this is your char. From what I've seen she doesn't have to really manage meter, she only uses it for big combos.
    Celia2 has a strong neutral as well, basically flying around with large normals, good reversals, good dmg.

Cthylla has pretty good abare and weird zoning.
    Catherine has incredible oki
    Kagari has solid neutral, some meter management issues for combos (her EC mode combos are strong but she also has decent 1 bar or 2 bar combos), despite having a sword she doesn't have the very best normals but still good

just about every character has insane corner combos and stuff it's very fun.
    Post edited by phantasy on
    youtube sfv
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068
    From the facebook page
    Now it is November. 2013 will soon come to an end. There's no worldwide holidays for us to celebrate until Xmas.

I took a picture of our staff working hard. It seems we have been working on something special~! It looks similar to the style of one of our games, I wonder which?

I am so envious that the US celebrates Thanksgiving during this time of the year~! But for now, the FKD staff will continue work hard until the end of next month...

1471237_513685402060138_1078725644_n.jpg
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 487
    OH LORD YES!! FINALLY!
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
    Forever a skeptic, they passed one test of letting us know it's still coming. They still have to pass the test of making sure it's playable.
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Finally! Glad to hear it will still be coming.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • pantyguardcrushpantyguardcrush Joined: Posts: 69
    great news. gotta hit training room even harder now.
    Here I was thinking this thread got bumped due to the patch being out. Why is everything becoming +r?
  • Karin_KanzukiKarin_Kanzuki *Pure Perfection* Joined: Posts: 228
    Bought this game yesterday, its pretty fun! :D
    The Community manager said two days ago like they are still working on the netcode and that it is coming "Soon". Hope its true, this game needs it.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    the euro version the same as the hk version? im not sure what version the usa one is
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    http://nesica.net/news/detail/?nid=192

Nesica version of Chaos Code will be updated soon, two new characters are coming.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • weedianweedian Hechando Chingaso! Joined: Posts: 275
    http://nesica.net/news/detail/?nid=192

Nesica version of Chaos Code will be updated soon, two new characters are coming.

Which is great news... to anyone in Japan. Meanwhile the console port just languishes in online-less limbo like the unfinished piece of trash it is. And this is coming from someone who loves the game.

豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
    edited August 2014
    http://www.fkdigital.net/chaoscodenesica/

Front page updated to include information about the new update to New Sign of Catastrophe including stuff about balance changes and the new characters Lupinus and Ray.

They are currently having the location tests for the update over the weekend at TRF. Its being streamed over nicovideo.

10592794_635113016584042_6859503396651083379_n.jpg
    Location test of 「Chaos Code -New Sign of Catastrophe-」 Ver 2.00 has begun!
    There's a huge poster outside the game center "秋葉原 Hey".
    People can feel the power of Chaos Code through the poster. Cool!
    You can watch how's the test going online.
    Come on! Join us!
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv187858477 (provided by 中野TRF)
    Post edited by kenuran on
    I am The God of Might.

edited August 2014
    Post edited by kenuran on
    I am The God of Might.

• caiooacaiooa Joined: Posts: 140
    https://www.facebook.com/118782954883720/photos/a.118808234881192.21521.118782954883720/648405478588129/?type=1

We have an important update today!
    The PlayStation®3 version of Chaos Code has synchronized with "New Sign of Catastrophe", the Arcade version.
    It is a free download!
    It is an "Asian Version Only" update. But the European Version and Japanese Version will be updated within the next few days.

P.S.:There are new things in this version, but we didn't change the game's logo
    hellion:"I don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya."
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,565
    I have to update my Hongkong version then
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Any change lists?
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 1,289
    Does the update have online play? and how come no mention of North American version update? ;-;
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    SRK Fairy Gym Leader (Wifi) Friend Code: 1693-0954-9411
    Does the update have online play? and how come no mention of North American version update? ;-;

Ha, ha, ha, hahahahahaaaa! Future Knowledge Digital - Mission statement:

"Shoot foot! Which one? Own!"

Slogan? "Releasing arcade updates on console... before, if ever including online play!"

Thus, repeat Mission Statement: "Shoot foot! Which one? Own!"

If it's just a matter of man hours and money, I wonder what the cost differential between increased sales and cost to implement netcode are?

豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
    Any change lists?

Yes. Go to homepage. Look at home page. See the news box? Has a link (in red) that says (in Japanese): "Change List". Click, download, read.

豆のおかげで俺が飛べるんだ!
  • Tosix4lif3Tosix4lif3 Joined: Posts: 2
    So, besides the recent NA PS3 balance patch that came out about 5 days ago, has there been any info on NA getting New Sign of Catastrophe or anything about Online Play?
    Tosix4lif3 wrote: »
    So, besides the recent NA PS3 balance patch that came out about 5 days ago, has there been any info on NA getting New Sign of Catastrophe or anything about Online Play?

Everything about the patch is here: http://arcsystemworksu.com/chaos-code-patch-notes-v1-01-north-america-europe/

My PS3 is messed up right now (yellow light) so i cant check out the patch for myself. Dont think they said anything about netplay or New Sign.
    I am The God of Might.

• tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,633
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • lw3lw3 Joined: Posts: 277
    edited October 2015
    Here is something interesting that recently popped up about Chaos code. Tenryo the FK digital community manager posted this in the AH3LM steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/370460/discussions/0/490121928340652482/ . The post was then followed up by this ask.fm/TenryoTheLight/answer/131325116224 and this http://ask.fm/TenryoTheLight/answer/131338912832 . So it could be a few things coming. The ps3 version could finally have netplay added and there could be a steam/pc version coming also.
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 726
    Will buy it day one if it comes out on steam. I have it on the ps3, it's a great game, but I just don't have space for my ps3 anymore

i'd buy a steam version for sure, i love this game, easily my fave fighter this generation
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, that was Arc System works doing. They did some digging up on Tenryo when he came to the Arcana Heart 3 Love Max steam forums. Shini wasn't having it, you could say.

I also noticed that he deleted his twitter account and seems to be gone from here too.
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,283
    MikuruX wrote: »
    Yeah, that was Arc System works doing. They did some digging up on Tenryo when he came to the Arcana Heart 3 Love Max steam forums. Shini wasn't having it, you could say.

I also noticed that he deleted his twitter account and seems to be gone from here too.

Yeah getting shitcanned basically made him retire from everything. It literally killed his motivation to even be in the community, and I can see why seeing as how Chaos Code, for better or worse, was basically his life.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    edited October 2015
    http://m.imgur.com/a/oHQdJ
    I was really hoping for a chaos code steam version. :s
    Post edited by lw3 on
    Who the fuck is shini?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Who the fuck is shini?

A moderator for ASW on the Steam forums.
    Ok, so how this whole problem got started, because for the few things that i read and saw, while what shimi did was 100% douchebagery, it seems that tenryo brought it into himself
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Hecatom wrote: »
    Ok, so how this whole problem got started, because for the few things that i read and saw, while what shimi did was 100% douchebagery, it seems that tenryo brought it into himself

I mean sure if you want to look at it that way. All he did was make a bug reporting thread in the steam forums. Japan isn't really keen on talking about bugs like that and must have seen it as malicious. He was trying to do something nice for the community by putting a list of things people would like to see fixed and then this happened.
    I see, then the steam thread got edited because nothing there hinted that it was a bug report thread.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    There was also the fact that Tenryo had claimed himself to be the English Community Manager for FK Digital in a post at ask.fm. That right there was what made Shini go directly to FK Digital about him.

There's a whole timeline on the steam forums that Shini posted at: http://steamcommunity.com/app/370460/discussions/#p2

Stuff got kinda out of hand for the most part if you ask me.
    MikuruX wrote: »
    There was also the fact that Tenryo had claimed himself to be the English Community Manager for FK Digital in a post at ask.fm. That right there was what made Shini go directly to FK Digital about him.

There's a whole timeline on the steam forums that Shini posted at: http://steamcommunity.com/app/370460/discussions/#p2

Stuff got kinda out of hand for the most part if you ask me.

I see it like this, Tenryo legitimately believed himself to be the community manager and FKD didn't seem to have an issue with it until Shini came at them about it. Now, in FKD's reply according to Shini, they said they had told Tenryo to stop claiming to be the community manager. I'm not friends with Tenryo or anything, but I do know him enough to say that if they actually did tell him that, he probably would have stopped calling himself that, and I don't think they would have let him make announcements on their behalf for the English speaking audience. That all doesn't add up to me. Also, knowing how Japanese businesses tend to work, I don't think it's out of question for them to completely disown a volunteer helper, especially if it's to save face with another company they need to do business with.

Maybe Tenryo really did step out of line and was pretending to be a community manager when he wasn't, maybe it's just Japanese business practices at work, we don't really know the whole story since, let's be honest, NO ONE keeps up with FKD or Chaos Code. If this situation didn't happen this thread would have stayed dead. And really the only people who have the full story is FKD, and they probably won't ever say what the actual situation was, just what they reported.
    I understand that tenryo was just trying to help organize the ah3lm steam forum but you have to know your position and just stay in your own lane.

If someone doesn't ask for your help then sometimes its just best not to get involved in a situation. Then again he wasn't the community manager for fk digital to begin with.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

So a new Chaos Code game is coming to the PS4.............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 726

I was expecting the original game to be released on Steam first, but this is even better. This seems to be an updated version and not an actual sequel. Day 1 for me for sure. Hopefully, they include netplay this time, a physical version would be a bonus, but I doubt we're getting one.

• Zero3KZero3K Joined: Posts: 24
    C-Sword wrote: »

I was expecting the original game to be released on Steam first, but this is even better. This seems to be an updated version and not an actual sequel. Day 1 for me for sure. Hopefully, they include netplay this time, a physical version would be a bonus, but I doubt we're getting one.

According to a news post about it on Siliconera.com, the new PS4 port WILL have Netplay.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/16/chaos-code-new-sign-catastrophe-headed-north-america-europe/

The newest Chaos Code is coming to the west.............with actual network modes.

-Traitor Aizen Souske

The newest Chaos Code coming to the West for PS4..........and PC!

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • BlueshinryuBlueshinryu Delin ★ quent Joined: Posts: 15
    And it's out. Got it on PSN today for $20.

The port(?) has some nice features and modes this time around, but there is no tutorial or combo challenges as far as I can tell so you have to learn the mechanics and such by reading the "How to Play". Combos you'll just have to find online. Kinda sucks, but not a huge deal.

The game is a little rough around the edges, for sure. Navigating menus, like the command list or gallery, don't feel super "fluid" or "smooth". It's hard to explain. You also are locked into a character selection once you make, unless you go back to the main menu, which sucks. And the translation is, honestly, not great. It's serviceable, but I'm pretty sure the translator wasn't a native English speaker.

The game feels good, seems interesting, and the characters are interesting and have some stylish moves. It's def worth the price so I hope people give it a shot!
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 1,983
    edited March 17
    Apparently debug features are accessible in Ver 2.11. Don't have a use for it, but could post hitbox stuff if requested.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 1,983
    edited March 27
    rawr

Afy0ZdV.png?1
    Disabling the purple boxes:
    1. Click on the computer with the magnifying glass on the top left corner.
    2. Find "game.exe" near the bottom of the list.
    3. Double click "game.exe" OR click and press "Open."
    4. Once "game.exe" is set as the application to examine, verify that "Scan Type" is set to "Exact Value"... and that "Value Type" is set to "4 Bytes."
    5. Assuming you are in the actual game, (both players on ground, and close together. Tested with Kagari's stage), search the decimal value "544."
    6. Couple results should show up (rough estimate of about 500 or more results). Select the first green colored Address that shows up, and click the Red arrow pointing to the lower right side of the screen.
    7. Right click the new inserted record in the bottom side of the window, and select "Browse this memory region."
    8. Window comes up with a hex editing style display. Right click the value that's "directly above" the red shaded value that's spontaneously changing numbers (the value you want to right click looks "Green" at the bottom portion of the window) at the very top left address; for further concern, it should say a value of "20".) and go to "Data Breakpoint -> Find out what accesses this address."
    9. A window should pop up saying it will attach the debugger. Click "Yes"
    10. A new window containing a list of instruction properties should show up. Right click on the only Instruction that contains a "mov esi," (as there should be only one that contains this), and click "Replace with code that does nothing (NOP)."
    11. A Cheat Engine code window will pop up. Click "OK."
    12. The distracting purple boxes should now be gone. Enjoy!
    Post edited by AceKombat on
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 533
    Hows the netplay in this game anyway?