Chaos Code - AOU exhibition with SEGA.

Comments

• KarnovKarnovKarnovKarnov Joined: Posts: 207
    The economic downturn sure has hit fighting games hard. We've gone from "2008 STOP BEASTING!" to poverty pugilitists 2009.

Next thing you know, you won't be receiving your Horis because Somali pirates hijacked the ship they were on.

The chef character better kick ass in this game. He already looks like he can call some kind of helpers, and since the screen shot shows no assist gauges, we might be in for some SSV Sankuro madness. I'm hype already, even with nothing to go on but near-baseless conjecture!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The graphical style reminds me heavily of Arc System, but that's not a bad thing at all.

I'm intrigued. Maybe there'll still be a PC version?

Didn't someone say earlier that the game is being made for PC in the first place? I'm fairly sure there isn't an arcade version. Here's the quote:
    The game is called Chaos Code, and will be published in Japan and South-East Asia by Arc System Works, which is the company that published Guilty Gear. It will be released in PC format, because despite being quite suitable for PS2 and the XBox, the game is meant to be available for online challenges. The PS2 has internet connection, but it's not a fast enough connection to play fighting games on (RPGs okay), so the game wasn't developed for either the XBox or PS2 because there's not much point in ONLY developing it for the XBox. It costs money, you know, to reprogram the game to a console.
  • nekichnekich donjon endjinn? Joined: Posts: 287
    Except that was 4 years ago.
    Hey, old man, are they biting today?
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,354
    Palette reminds me of MvC1

Characters remind me of how bad Japan is :tdown:

i dont know, but i like the style, the game looks like it could be fun
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    Didn't someone say earlier that the game is being made for PC in the first place? I'm fairly sure there isn't an arcade version. Here's the quote:

Loketest is at an arcade. I didn't see explicit mention of it being an arcade game but yeah.
    Anything from the location test yet? I think it should be starting today in Japan...
  • Raph_StrykerRaph_Stryker Living the Life Joined: Posts: 878
    i think i just might have found something to replace pre-split dev group BBB in my heart. Best of luck Chaos Code!

Chef Bravo is hilariously awesome.
    Not too shabby.
    Loketest is at an arcade. I didn't see explicit mention of it being an arcade game but yeah.

Ohh, right, I see. I wasn't quite clear on that, but thanks.
  • BrandinoBrandino Maya is not amused Joined: Posts: 519
    Can't wait to see this in action. Hope this game is better than a certain poverty loli fighter and no....I am not talking about MKV.

P.S. Hermes > whoever you like.
    Brandon Lee~Brandino~Brandinoli~Nigga CL
    Easy Mode Curry Pimpin'�
    http://ibrandino.blogspot.com/ ~Episode 5: A Certain Thought About EVO~ June 5th 2010
  • ZinacZinac Ocha shinai? Joined: Posts: 810
    http://blog.am-net.jp/article/28661368.html

Move list/System info and some images from the loke test.
  • JeturnerJeturner Joined: Posts: 90
    Any video yet?
    Any video yet?

Hopefully by the end of this weekend.
    Easy Mode Curry Pimpin'�
    http://ibrandino.blogspot.com/ ~Episode 5: A Certain Thought About EVO~ June 5th 2010
    Can somebody please translate the system info?
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Well it certainly looks nice. Need to see more, though.
  • ZinacZinac Ocha shinai? Joined: Posts: 810
  • TurbovecTurbovec Crazed Johnny user! Joined: Posts: 1,000
    in all seriousness, that looked awesome :O
    I'm here to do 2 things. One, chew Bubble Gum. Two, kick ass. And I'm out of Bubble Gum.
    So each character can select 2 out of 4 supers and either dash or run movement.

By the way he is still posting videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wx7047
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    ok first impression

1. the animation is really choppy

2. the animation is really choppy

3. the main dude has a kof -style grab super where youre already grabbed during the flash, thats cool

4. the sword guy is kamui from ah but he is a guy instead

5. the animation is really choppy

overall game looks cool but the animation is really choppy
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge I am Hatred. I am the Night. Joined: Posts: 16,362
    Hikaru reminds me of Daigo from BBB and a bit of Rock Howard.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • fallotfallot Joined: Posts: 1,475
    ok first impression

1. the animation is really choppy

2. the animation is really choppy

Watch more of the vids its not that bad.
    4. the sword guy is kamui from ah but he is a guy instead

Nope
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    2nd impression:

1. this is a short hop

2. that guy has kof grab super

3. im gonna pick that guy and do short hop, kof grab super
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    ^ One small step for balance, one short hop for double-blind. :bgrin:
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    Hikaru reminds me of Daigo from BBB

I also thought of BBB when I saw him in that vid.
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • JeturnerJeturner Joined: Posts: 90
    The animation is a little choppy. But, for the most part it looks nice. Seems to be on the line of Arcana Heart. The main character reminded me more of Rock than Daigo. The guy with the sword super was pretty nice, it attacks from behind. Nice idea to choose your specials, supers and movement. Changes up the game play a lot. Hope it gets ported stateside.

Kind of reminds me of Matrimelee.
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    Animation is not that bad. It's not as bad as Guilty Gear, but still not great.

That aside, I like the character designs...They're wacky and that's what I like about them.

The main character's fighting style is actually not boring, which is a huge plus. It's not often I can like a main character in a fighting game.
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • AriaAria The Origination Joined: Posts: 3,513
    Hikaru even has something like Rock's Deadly Rave and one of his winposes.

Game looks pretty nice. Shame there's not enough footage of Chef Bravo, but Hermes, Rui and Celia might be worth trying out.
    YOMI TACTICS TEAM/KAGURA OFFENSE FORCE
    Aria||Ephidel
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761
    I'm going to be trying out Cathrine, since she looks like the oddball and brings back syrupy nostalgic memories of Super Gem Fighter.
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • HcoHco Ragna=The=Kawaiiedge Joined: Posts: 148
    gonna play the dude with the sword
    I like the main dude's fighting style, hopefully it'll get a console port or PC port. Actually, considering that they were prioritising online a few years back according to that Livejournal post a page back, maybe there's a small chance of an XBLA/PSN port? I can dream...
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    Looks fun I guess.
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536
    Really liking Celia & Vein so far.
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    Seems pretty decent to me! somewhat hyped... and it reminds me a little to Akatsuki Blitzkampf, because this is some kind of almost-combo friendly game with KOF theories, at least that was my first impression.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,477
    The movement looks kind of clunky, but that's something that can be fixed.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    What's MKV? lol

i'm more than willing to pick up Rui. Though I need i'm more interested in this game now.
    I don't got those.
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,477
    Million Knights Vermillion.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • furixfurix Joined: Posts: 1,524
    I like that one girl that lets you see her panties every time she does something.

... that is all.

So, back to Million Knights Vermillion I guess.
    Arcana Heart 3~
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,311
    hey guys select your bounce
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge I am Hatred. I am the Night. Joined: Posts: 16,362
    The boss reminds me too much of Chaos and Warachia(sp?) from MB....
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Just got done watching some of the Loke Test vids and all I gotta say is that Vein is looking pretty good so far.

For some reason though whenever I see Cait-Sith I can't stop thinking of Hisui and Kohaku.
    Easy Mode Curry Pimpin'�
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Part-time Dinosaur Joined: Posts: 1,409
    Looks pretty nice. I'd be more than willing to give this game a shot, if they stick with the notion of getting a PC release.