Adding wieght to your Fightstick

nin-jaynin-jay the endJoined: Posts: 916
I have a Hori FS3 and it is very light. It moves around on my lap and on a table and it frustrates me. I feel that these little movements are messing up my game a little bit.

What is a good way to add weight to a fight stick?

Comments

• KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,735 mod
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick
  • ewicewic Joined: Posts: 180
    first, check the rubber feet to see if they are still grippy. If not, then replace those.

If you want, you could pop open the bottom of your stick and just glue (epoxy would be better) some weights onto the bottom. I saw one guy who built a ghetto stick out of tupperware and just taped a barbell weight on the bottom of it.
    I shoot photos.

http://ewic.us
  • TamaThpsTamaThps Joined: Posts: 113
    put a bunch of pennies in a zip lock and tape it to your stick? lol
  • NateSNateS Joined: Posts: 169
    Water is heavy. Fill your stick with water. :)

Adhesive segmented lead weights sound like the best idea.
  • RichLRichL 你和我 Joined: Posts: 1,094
    Fill it with mineral oil and waterproof the case. Problem solved + your stick will....cool....itself?

On a more serious note those adhesive lead weights (like the ones used to balance car wheels) sounds like a cool idea. Are they expensive?
    <Humbag> Who here likes alcohol.

• BludikaBludika Joined: Posts: 33
    RichL wrote: »
    Fill it with mineral oil and waterproof the case. Problem solved + your stick will....cool....itself?

On a more serious note those adhesive lead weights (like the ones used to balance car wheels) sounds like a cool idea. Are they expensive?

nah, around $10 for like 6 oz ones
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 60
    Nice necro.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 586
    I used tire weights in one of my sticks and it worked great. Tire weights are the little metal squares that they use to balance your tires. You can get a bunch on a sticky strip from an auto parts store.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,095
    edited December 7
    nin-jay wrote: »
    I have a Hori FS3 and it is very light. It moves around on my lap and on a table and it frustrates me. I feel that these little movements are messing up my game a little bit.

What is a good way to add weight to a fight stick?
    I used tire weights in one of my sticks and it worked great. Tire weights are the little metal squares that they use to balance your tires. You can get a bunch on a sticky strip from an auto parts store.

Yup. Adhesive weight segments:

Put a bunch of them inside your stick.

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Planes-Segmented-Weights-6-Ounce/dp/B0015KLJE0

• par124par124 Joined: Posts: 16
    I've found old door hinges work well too if you have any lying around, they're pretty flat too