Namco Stick Appreciation!

1303132333436»

Comments

• tusecsytusecsy Joined: Posts: 15
    Darksakul wrote: »
    tusecsy wrote: »
    Does anyone make buttons like these anymore? They seem more lightweight and responsive.
    What you could do is just swap out the microswitches of the stock Namco buttons with Sanwa SW-68 switches
    Take apart and clean the old buttons in some warm soapy water, dry them, place the new Sanwa switches in there and rewire the buttons.

Just for the record I think replacing the buttons on this stick defeats the entire purpose of owning it. I was just asking if anyone makes buttons like this that I could use in my other sticks.

After a day of playing though, the joystick definitely leaves something to be desired.
  • ausomecrawlausomecrawl Demonpossessed Joined: Posts: 104
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Picked up a Namco stick last week, been wanting one for awhile. I really like the buttons, PS14GN>Namco Button>PS14G imo. I swapped in sanwa and seimitsu microswitches, the sanwa felt slightly better so i went with those. The stick def needed to go, i wanted to keep the stick appearance as stock as possible, so no LS32. Most ppl put in JLF's im not a fan of JLF in general so i decided to give the hayabusa a try. Installing it was just like a JLF basically. Had to cut out a bigger section of plastic to fit the haya. Obviously in stock form the haya is too big, the case wont close. Im going to have the stock haya shaft shortened by 8mm so it will sit at 24mm when mounted with no spacers. This is being done at my job, and they are backed up so i have no idea when i will be getting it back.
    For the meantime I tried installing the Namco shaft and actuator as a temporary thing. The Namco actuator is too wide and binds up when inputting diagonals. So i modified the haya actuator and cut it down to the namco actuator length. I sanded it down afew times until it fit properly. It was alittle too long after my first trim(pic). It was still binding up alittle so i swapped out the pressure spring base with the namco stick just to try it. Ended up making a difference. When it was all said and done the stick was mounted at correct height.It feels very stiff and short, ive done shaft swap mods on other sticks with the jlf/ls56, and the haya with this mod feels alittle off. I tested it out on ST and I was able to do all my stuff, its def good enough as a place holder until my short shaft is done.
    Thought id share the install incase anybody was curious in doing it.

This is the stock haya mounted in the namco

Looks like When you move your stick the screws show?
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 611
    edited October 6
    you might catch a glimpse of a corner of a screw during execution. Not a big deal to me since i dont look at my hands when i play. I used to original dustwasher, not sure if the standard sanwa washer is alittle bigger and would cover more.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,900
    DEZALB wrote: »
    you might catch a glimpse of a corner of a screw during execution. Not a big deal to me since i dont look at my hands when i play. I used to original dustwasher, not sure if the standard sanwa washer is alittle bigger and would cover more.

Still, it is rather well done to keep the stick looking mostly stock while installing a Sanwa JLF or in this case a Hori hayabusa
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 71
    Anyone use this stick stock on a PS4 ? I see the Brook PS2 - PS3/4 adapters, and was curious if that would work, or if I would be better off replacing the PCB to use this on my PS3 and PS4. Thanks guys !
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ykd wrote: »
    Anyone use this stick stock on a PS4 ? I see the Brook PS2 - PS3/4 adapters, and was curious if that would work, or if I would be better off replacing the PCB to use this on my PS3 and PS4. Thanks guys !

Yes if it's your only one I say keep it stock, the xtokki and Brooks adapters will take care of your console and pc needs. I have a second namco and that one is completely modified.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 611
    edited November 22
    please delete