Doylestown PA - THIRD STRIKE PARTY @ Siren Records / Diaper Farm

Comments

• RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I hear people around here like 3S.

Well at the River City Runbacks tourney on 9/10/11, in Richmond, VA. we're having a 10$ singles 3S tourney, and a 5$ per head 3v3 tourney waseda style.

xbox 360 VGA hooked up to CRT computer monitors. HD lag free goodness.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116335131797825

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-10-2011-river-city-runbacks-richmond-va.143203/

I hear some old school MD/VA are being drug from the grave to attend. Exodus, Shinshay, Ramza, Deviljin? NC also can't resist.

Crazy stuff.
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • mwelshmwelsh Drill Sergeant Joined: Posts: 183
    damage is overrated, I'm going to be playing 12 for a while
  • 1der1der Boy in the Da Corner Joined: Posts: 461
    Random Apricot Radio presents J. Dilla- Zelda

Disclaimer: This is not for the faint of heart.

Thank DB no.1 as he put my mind on it.
    Review the situaion, take part, take over.
  • Diaper BombDiaper Bomb INT: 01 LCK: 99 Joined: Posts: 860
    3S anyone? Today??? I was thinking kumite (kumite)

Also MWelsh... man of 1001 characters.
    Post more
    Cyborg 1 = www.cyborg1.com / Home of h2h 3S
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
    GGs guyz. Also, VS was fun.

EDIT: 1der you should emulate this dudley. I also like the necro that shows up in this vid... all the play is very creative!

Post more
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
    i like things that both of the dudley players do.
    Necro-dudley unblockable is sick. 12 is so good. nhl 94
  • jwanggggjwangggg Delusional Joined: Posts: 980
    i'm stuill part of drunk ffrom last night thing? dude i left my selll chiarger and t at brian's flar's housepartment. let me get it back? maybe itpday? ill want that hsit. umm.... maybe i'll play magic tournament tog et it. thirnd strinke, . dude. fuck. what. dudes. thanks for lettin mye setaty at yuor place when i did paper. its ogood thanks. see ya.
    I go in circles.
    Hey guys I'm doing a 3S write up on the 3SOE tournament page on facebook, which will soon be transferred over here too for posterity's sake. Since I don't know the whole cast super well I'm going to cover the characters I have a decent understanding of first and then work my way down the line. If you want to post here about it (character writeup) or help me edit it and/or add information please do. Danish can you edit my shit and or do a Urien writeup plz :).

Also Flare's dead! I shot him in the ass. (Where's Flare? His deleted his random post here to become a full time troll)

EDIT: everyone seems to have gotten drunk yesterday lol. Also MWelsh that unblockable you did Thursday was fucking SICK!
    Post more
    3S today fools...lets pray
    Thanks for the games guys. I love Third Strike.
    I go in circles.
    Wish me luck today! Also.....

THURSDAY STRIKE ANYONE?
    Post more
  • keninblackkeninblack Joined: Posts: 3,480
    So is the 3s cab still at siren?

I am going to be in NY Friday for a family thing, driving back Saturday so I would love to be able to stop for the day and play with you guys. PLEASE LET ME KNOW 3s PLAYERS! You know who you are!

EDIT: How far away is Doylestown to from Philly by car? Just trying to see how out of the way Siren is on the drive back from NY.
  • DankahDankah 強者 Tsuwamono Rank Makoto Joined: Posts: 467
    Moving into my apartment in Philly tomorrow. Anything happening Saturday?

Agreed, anything anyone? Haha.
  • Xx IR3AP3R xXXx IR3AP3R xX The Philly Lame. Joined: Posts: 480
    tourney at Game Junkie saturday. show up if you can. AE and Marvel 3
    "Game Junkie is Storm tier, not just top tier."- Paper Tigre.
    AE: Nerfed Guile, Buffed Cody
    So is the 3s cab still at siren?

I am going to be in NY Friday for a family thing, driving back Saturday so I would love to be able to stop for the day and play with you guys. PLEASE LET ME KNOW 3s PLAYERS! You know who you are!

EDIT: How far away is Doylestown to from Philly by car? Just trying to see how out of the way Siren is on the drive back from NY.

The 3s cab is still at Siren. It's probably like an hour north of Philly, but that depends on traffic. Going to VA from NY will probably just make you take a different route as opposed to it actually being out of the way. I'll MM you first to five for $20. I'll give you my number on Facebook so you can text me when you're getting in the area or so you can plan shit or whatever. I guess you might already have Dan's number but whatever, it can't hurt.

I will be at Siren playing Street Fighters. Um... I dunno if I have work Saturday, but I have some birthday party to go to later at night... idk maybe I'll be an asshole and skip it. We'll see.

EDIT:: I also wanna fight 1der ft5 character lock SSFIVAE.
    I go in circles.
  • PhlisPhlis Joined: Posts: 104
    I'll be there on sat. 1der too, most likely, scarin kids away as usual.

Doylestown is a strong drive from Philly, the most direct way is prrolly takin 276 to 611 or 309 to 202 and both are a good hour.
    You the Plains Indians and we some small pox blankets. We devastatan nations son. Destroyan yo way a life.
    Yeah I am definitely trying to go I will do my best.

Hopefully all the 3s'rs can make it out and I should let you guys know hopefully by tomorrow. :D
  • spectre3353spectre3353 Joined: Posts: 4
    tourney at Game Junkie saturday. show up if you can. AE and Marvel 3

What time of day...?
    Yeah I am definitely trying to go I will do my best.
    Checkin google, if you'rre comin from new york, you don't even want to go to phlly at all, you want to take i78 to 202 in Jersey, and just take 202 to doylestown. You skip the GSP entirely.
    You the Plains Indians and we some small pox blankets. We devastatan nations son. Destroyan yo way a life.
    Well we were originally planning on going to NY to visit but we probably not going to be able to do that unless my brother is able to hang out.

Right now I am in Chatam NJ.
    Same Deal, 78->278->202
    Thanks for fielding all the questions Jim. A true asset to the community I say!

You all heard the Keninblack... 3S this saturday! Tebbo and Mike Welllshhhhhhhh!!!

ALSO... I will be spammming the FUCK out of the 3S tournament coming up THIS WEDNESDAY! GUYS PLEASE, I NEED YOU ALL TO COME. I will buy you a beer afterwards lol. But remember-

Tournament. This. Wednesday.

Third.

Strike!
    Post more
    Well I will be going.

Unknown what time I will be there but I will see you guys there! Can't wait! I will probably be there fairly early I will let you guys know.
    Destroylestown Assemble~!
    Post more
    I'm leaving in a sec and my camera should be up and running. Keninblack and I have been in correspondence with each other, and he said he believes he'll get to Siren around 2:30. See you guys there!
    I go in circles.
    Gg's guys.

It was really fun! Hope to see you at Summer Jam!
    you buys... i ma o so drunk reink.a gnow. how many of ouy >???????????????????

ggs keninblacnk.rthanks fro thinrdkimg out for thinkrd striek.
    I go in circles.
    It was really fun! Hope to see you at Summer Jam!

Thanks for making the trip keninblack. I enjoyed playing you and watching your Dudley.

You can count on me waiting for you at Summer Jam! If 3Soe is near as makes no difference arcade perfect, I challenge you to a duel.
    LOL good 1der!

I'm playing at Nate's house later today if anyone is interested. PM or text me yo.
    Post more
    Remember to mark your calendars for tomorrow guys! 8PM SHARP!

3RD STRIKE TOURNAMENT!!

Also good games yesterday at Nates... it was FUN. MMM MMM CHICKEN.

ALSO GUYS. On a more personal note... this might be the best week ever because in addition to 3SO release they're also just announced that VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN is FINALLY coming to console. Oh my fucking Lord!

LINK
    Post more
    ALSO GUYS. On a more personal note... this might be the best week ever because in addition to 3SO release they're also just announced that VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN is FINALLY coming to console. Oh my fucking Lord!

LINK

OH FUCK YES

On a different and equally awesome note, have you heard The Megas?

That shti, that shit right there is why Mega Man needs to be in MvC, no one rights songs about fucking Firebrand
    GUYS YOU BETTER COME TO THE TOURNAMENT TODAY OR U R GAY AND DONT LIKE 3S.

LINK

SEE ALL THE COOL PEOPLE THERE!
    Post more
    Hey, I can log into SRK againe!

Thanks to everyone who came out to the tournament this week, I really appreciate it!

Also goo luck to everyone going to Summer Slam, I wish I could go but I will make a return to tournaments down the line-!

Finally 1derp you forgot your stick at Cyborg so I stoled it.
    Post more
    not actually my stick so I'd really like it if you don't steal it. I'm gonna start making plans for NEC12. My plan is to get a room at the discount rate for Fri & Sat night. If prices are similar to what offered for Summer Jam it will be about 200 dollars for two nights. Anyone who wants to get in on that let me know as NEC12 gets closer.
    I deff want to go to NEC for sure but I'll let you know for sure in about a month or less.
    Post more
    Now that I have a decent training mode, I'm going to try to actually use it and learn something new each time I play

After Necro skyhook b+HP, I always assumed db+HP elbow was the most damaging/best followup, because that's what everyone else does. But that's not really the case:

b+HP > db+HP: ~270 damage, ~26 stun, knockdown, more follow-ups possible in the corner
    b+HP > b+HK: ~270 damage, ~32 stun, reset
    b+HP > b+HP: ~260 damage, ~30 stun, leads to ambiguous drill kick crossup midscreen

So usually I would rather do b+HK, unless my opponent is in the corner and they are using a character that can be juggled significantly off of db+HP (Urien db+HP xN)
    Now that I have a decent training mode, I'm going to try to actually use it and learn something new each time I play

I expect to see lots of new set ups for every overhead in the game. Especially overheads that combo into a knockdown that sets up an ambiguous overhead.
    I go in circles.
  • fire chocobofire chocobo child genius Joined: Posts: 381
    Sharing is caring.

Necro Option Selects on Shotos:
    1) Corner n.throw > db.hp~db.mp
    They both do more damage than s.mp and by drumming your chances of dropping the juggle are small.

2) Corner SAIII > dp + mp~lp, [db.hp in case of lp electricity]
    Both mp electricity and [lp electricity, db.hp] do the same amount of damage and about the same stun. Drumming increases your success rate on post SAIII followups. Works on other characters too like Necro and Urien.

Necro - Alex Matchup:
    Not only is Lp Tornado Hook a good pressure tool and positive on block, it sets up juggles on hit. Anywhere on screen it juggles into SAIII for all 3 hits if timed correctly. Near the corner lp hook juggles into db.hp loops. You can do something like lp Hook > db.hp x3, b.mk reset.

P.S. I beat 3rd Strike Offline Edition a couple days ago. :party:
    Well, just the trials actually. What a pain in the ass that was! :annoy:
    Rockefeller: "Fuck growing up."
    A wise man: "i usually procrastinate till i realize i'm fucked and accept it"