Doylestown PA - THIRD STRIKE PARTY @ Siren Records / Diaper Farm

Comments

• ayersrockayersrock Joined: Posts: 26
    Sup everyone just moved to Wynecote and was told about the thread, my names ricky and i mostly play AE and MvC3 but i play all fighters and im looking for a good scene so i thought id say hi.
  • Diaper BombDiaper Bomb INT: 01 LCK: 99 Joined: Posts: 860
    Sup everyone just moved to Wynecote and was told about the thread, my names ricky and i mostly play AE and MvC3 but i play all fighters and im looking for a good scene so i thought id say hi.

Yo Ricky, I play a lil bit of AE and MVC3 myself but around these parts its mostly 3S land. I could say we play all fighters too but 3S is by far the most popular one around here. Hit us up on the forum sometime and we could schedule to get some games in.

I guess games todayyyyy???? Siren???

1der contact meeeeeee
    Post more
    Cyborg 1 = www.cyborg1.com / Home of h2h 3S
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
  • ayersrockayersrock Joined: Posts: 26
    Yo Ricky, I play a lil bit of AE and MVC3 myself but around these parts its mostly 3S land. I could say we play all fighters too but 3S is by far the most popular one around here. Hit us up on the forum sometime and we could schedule to get some games in.

I guess games todayyyyy???? Siren???

1der contact meeeeeee
    Sounds good
  • DankahDankah 強者 Tsuwamono Rank Makoto Joined: Posts: 467
    not actually my stick so I'd really like it if you don't steal it. I'm gonna start making plans for NEC12. My plan is to get a room at the discount rate for Fri & Sat night. If prices are similar to what offered for Summer Jam it will be about 200 dollars for two nights. Anyone who wants to get in on that let me know as NEC12 gets closer.

I'm down for that. Summer Jam 5 just fell on an awkward time for me basically, but I'm trying to go to NEC for sure.
    Might be coming up to Dtown tomorrow. Anyone going?
  • PhlisPhlis Joined: Posts: 104
    I hate 3SOE so much. It makes me want to choke the world.

Heading up to get 1derp now. Time for some real 3S
    You the Plains Indians and we some small pox blankets. We devastatan nations son. Destroyan yo way a life.
    Good games today guys. Felt good to be on the cab again and talk about WW1 African governments lol.
  • jwanggggjwangggg Delusional Joined: Posts: 980
    So I played Megaman 2 today on an emulator using my keyboard. I did alright. Got near the end of Wily's castle and I didn't feel like playing anymore so I turned it off. I figured I'll try again later. I really didn't like the keyboard. So after fighting the urge for a few hours, I bought Megman 9 cuz I really wanted to play on pad. I can't even get to most of the mid bosses in that game. I am so bad. It made me rage like I was 9 years old again and I broke the mouse for my keyboard and I never want to do anything ever again. What the fuck. I think the only mid-boss I got too was the flower in Bee man's stage and it beat the shit out of me like 100x. I can't fuckin figure out what to do when you're in Spash bitch's stage and there's all these bubbles and you stand on them. I seriously keep making the jump at the LAST POSSIBLE FRAME with ONE PIXEL OF MM'S FOOT ON the BUBBLE and I still can't jump from the second to last bubble to the next one.
    I go in circles.
    So I played Megaman 2 today on an emulator using my keyboard. I did alright. Got near the end of Wily's castle and I didn't feel like playing anymore so I turned it off. I figured I'll try again later. I really didn't like the keyboard. So after fighting the urge for a few hours, I bought Megman 9 cuz I really wanted to play on pad. I can't even get to most of the mid bosses in that game. I am so bad. It made me rage like I was 9 years old again and I broke the mouse for my keyboard and I never want to do anything ever again. What the fuck. I think the only mid-boss I got too was the flower in Bee man's stage and it beat the shit out of me like 100x. I can't fuckin figure out what to do when you're in Spash bitch's stage and there's all these bubbles and you stand on them. I seriously keep making the jump at the LAST POSSIBLE FRAME with ONE PIXEL OF MM'S FOOT ON the BUBBLE and I still can't jump from the second to last bubble to the next one.

OK!... Leave this to the MEGA MASTER Jordan....

PRO TIPS:

1-Play Mega Man on a Pad. Buy the PS2 collection if you have to I'm sure it's cheap as shit. Or buy the old games on the WII or get a CPU controller.

2- Mega Man 9 is one of the harder Mega Man's and has some cheap level design flaws IMO... still a good game though. You will probably die a lot in Mega Man so get used to it. (Just like 3S)

3- For the flower boss in Hornet Man's stage just take your time and pick your shots while keeping up with the rotating shit. There's no time limit in Mega Man so just be patient. Mega Buster works fine but if u have a weapon try that (even though it'd be a waste.)

4- For Splash Bitch's stage have you tried holding on JUMP underwater? You should know this from Mega Man 2 but just in case... The part you speak of isn't too bad. Again just wait for a good moment and jump from the lil bubbles to the big bubbles and just ride that shit up!

You should be able to beat Mega Man 2... I can definately see Mega Man 9 kicking the living shit out of you though. Stick with it until you're able to find a boss to kill and then go from there with the totally logical weakness weapons boss order. Buy a fucking energy tank or 2 if you really need help. The game let's you buy all these bullshit handouts so you might as well use them until you get more comfortable with the game I say. I actually recommend killing Splash Woman first if you can.

3S ONLINE TIPS:

1- Stomp loop someone until they die.

2- Headbutt Urien players on wakeup everytime.

You're all welcome.
    Post more
    Wise Man - " I don't think I've read a Jwangggg or Tebbo post on SRK and not regretted it. "
  • 1der1der Boy in the Da Corner Joined: Posts: 461
    mega man 9 is in no way difficult. there is some trickery, the fake 1ups, but overall its cake. MegaMan3 is much more difficult than 9
    Review the situaion, take part, take over.
    Stomp loop is fucking godlike lol.
    mega man 9 is in no way difficult. there is some trickery, the fake 1ups, but overall its cake. MegaMan3 is much more difficult than 9

WTF WERE YOU ON EASY MODE? This is harder than pad Ibuki vs level 8 Gill.
    I go in circles.
    Oh and also, next time I hear some nerd (I.E. anyone who has every played a Megaman game in their life) say that anything in 3s is cheap or broken, I'm gonna throw something very hard and dense at them.
    I go in circles.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,709
    Oh and also, next time I hear some nerd (I.E. anyone who has every played a Megaman game in their life) say that anything in 3s is cheap or broken, I'm gonna throw something very hard and dense at them.

blaster only no E vs japanese woodman = sean vs chun sa2.
    Play more.
    Jordan beat Mega Man X6 on XXXtreme difficulty and rescue all the stupid reploids and then you'll have my respect.

Also I guess I'm a nerd because I've played every Mega Man that counts and isn't gay!
    Post more
    I'm pretty sure there was no easy mode on MegaMan 9...only 10 which is easy anyway.
    Also I guess I'm a nerd because I've played every Mega Man that counts and isn't gay!

Which ones are those?

I've played them all. ALL OF THEM.
    You the Plains Indians and we some small pox blankets. We devastatan nations son. Destroyan yo way a life.
    Which ones are those?

I've played them all. ALL OF THEM.

Welllllll lets see here...

Mega Man 1-10 (Mega Man and Bass don't count yes I've played that too)

Mega Man X 1-8

Mega Man Battle Network Transmission (weird gamecube game like SOTN)

Mega Man Zero 1-4

Mega Man Legends 1-2

I think that's it? I played some other ones too like Power Battles but does that shit even count? Gameboy Mega Man and X games don't count either! Pokemon Mega Man games don't count neither! I think that's it but lemme know if I missed anything.
    Post more
    You are missing the following from that list:

Mega Man V for the Game Boy counts, it has original bosses, not recycled levels, and is the best original gameboy mega man game. (Robot Masters were actually like planet lords, each named after a planet, Sol, Mecurary, etc.)

Rockman & Forte, a Wonderswan game, a sequal to Megaman & Bass, again original robot masters(Yes it counts)

Megaman X: Command Mission(Barely counts because of Axel, but the last MMX Game, released on GC, weird Isometric(Powerstone style) semi-3D boss battles)

Megaman Battle Network 1-6(the Pokemon games I assume) yeah these are different, but the actual Robot Master design is pretty cool so I played the fuck out of them. Also there's a sort of MtG style deck based power system which I like. that GC game you mentioned is a part of this series actually.

Megaman ZX, and Megaman ZX Advent - DS games, sequals to the Zero series, where X comes back or some weird mystical bullshit, but like the Z series fuckin awesome design on the bosses

Megaman Starforce 1-3 - More DS games that came out after ZX if I remember right, These are a continuation of the Battle Network series.

Megaman & Megaman III - two PC games, which are not remakes, but original games, release in the early 90s. The first has 3 robot masters, and the second has 6. There was no Megaman II PC game(weirdly enough, maybe Capcom was making it and stopped?!?)

Rockman Strategy - another PC game, release for Taiwan, a Final Fantasy Tactics style turn based strategy game with 12 original robot masters based on the zodiac

Remakes:
    Megaman: The Wily Wars - a Genesis remake of 1-3 with some extra shit tacked on
    Megaman: Powered Up - a PSP remake of 1 with better graphics, but uhhhh Puzzle Fighter style super big heads. Two new bosses as well(Oilman and Timeman)

I think thats it not counting shit like Megaman Soccer, and Megaman Dash, and Wily & Light: Thats Paradise(a werid Mario Party board game thing)
    The question I am about to ask is not fecitious; why do you guys like Megaman games so much? I want to know. I don't think I fully understand the appeal. I'd like some more input so that I can understand.
    I go in circles.
    He was like the much cooler alternative to mario when I was little.
    Then when snes came out with X it was just like oh shit, super cool.
    Play more.
    I can't speak for anyone else. For me the appeal of Megaman is simple. The Megaman games were something my brother and I sat down and ran through like gangbusters. It was one of the first games I bought(Megaman 1 for the gameboy, which did have recycled elements from MegaMan and MegaMan2 on the NES but also had the inclusion of the Megaman Killer). Also I just like the way Megaman plays.
    It's partly Nostalga Goggles, but like 1der I like the way the game is setup. The story is also pretty cool, okay not really. Megaman got me into Video Games, back when 2 came out. I got a Nintendo and Megaman 2 for Christmas in 89, and that was it.

Did you know there are 145 Robot Masters and 40 of them come from Space or the Future. Dr. Wily only built 71, and Dr. Light built 26(according to fan theories which I can agree with if I want to, fuck you, don't judge me.)

Edit: remembered, His name is Enker 1der. I know you don't care. I don't care that you don't care
    Actually I knew that. I had to look it up. I remember his character design and weapons. He was tough. I think the Gameboy Mega Man games are some of the hardest because its on Gameboy. I actually like using the euphemism Beat Mega Man. Both can be accomplished pretty quick.
  • mwelshmwelsh Drill Sergeant Joined: Posts: 183
    All of the above, also the music throughout the series is amazing
    Mega Man 9 has the best tracks
    I like in the new Dr.Subzero podcast when Shogo said "thank you jwangggg" because the way he talks reminds me of firechocobo a little bit :0
    I go in circles.
    I like in the new Dr.Subzero podcast when Shogo said "thank you jwangggg" because the way he talks reminds me of firechocobo a little bit :0

you're a super star, that's what you areeeee.
    Play more.
    Going back to MD for the weekend so I wont be attending casuals this Saturday. Next weekend though I'm good to play.
    Going back to MD for the weekend so I wont be attending casuals this Saturday. Next weekend though I'm good to play.

dammit. next time then.
    Play more.
  • crazymasterhandcrazymasterhand LAZERS PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 282
    blaster only no E vs japanese woodman = sean vs chun sa2.

I just remembered my psp had an nes emulator and bodied that fool on the train today. Only hit me once.

On topic: I'm probably mashing Ibuki ex upkicks constantly next time I play since they're quasi-safe and lord knows I can't block
    Jordan, Mega Man is the shit cuz the gameplay still holds up after all this time, it has awesome music, and the story's real good. I teared up at the end of Mega Man 3 and I didn't realize that Dr Wily was Mr. X the whole time! I'm way too trusting obviously. If you don't like Mega Man I got two words for ya... FUCK YOU.

Wes come play Marvel and other bullshit at Nates on Mondays MANNNNNNNNN. Also online Ibuki is annoying as fuck.

Finally is anyone here interested in coming to a KOF XIII release party/tournament at Cyborg on possibly Tuesday or Wednesday of it's release week (October 25th). Lemme know.
    Post more
    Anyone on good terms with Game of Thrones(in television or book form) will enjoy THIS song. For me it shall be Jon Snow's theme now and forever. Winter is Coming.
  • SirKanchiSirKanchi A.K.A- Avery M. Joined: Posts: 334
    J

Finally is anyone here interested in coming to a KOF XIII release party/tournament at Cyborg on possibly Tuesday or Wednesday of it's release week (October 25th). Lemme know.

o_0
  • mwelshmwelsh Drill Sergeant Joined: Posts: 183

ONOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Whys this game keep looking dumber and dumber as time goes on? This probably means I will still get it. Also is it just me or does Heihachi look like Dr Wily and or a muppet?

Anyone want to get scummy today? (3S)
    Post more
    what is this? I don't even....
    dtownn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    if they had stuff i want id buy it. but its always like a brand new copy of something i dont want on cd that much to spend $20.
    Play more.
    Welcome to this week's edition of "According to KOFiend!" Our first topic is Kevin:

6 reasons why therapist is a cold blooded killer:

1. one time, i woke up in the middle of the night thinking he was watching me sleep, then went back to sleep thinking it was my imagination. in the morning, there was a crease on the bed indicating the weight of a person.

2. when i once joked about vegans, he said "they taste the worst".

3. my window was broken when the room was charged with his killer intent

4. a wig of his hair was found in my fridge after i criticized him. freaked out, i threw it into the street where it went through the windshield of a car, face humped the driver and proceeded to burst out the victim's chest.

5. a person i know but will not name(in fear of that person's life), personally saw therapist ripping the legs off arthropods in his garage. when asked what he was doing, he replied with crazed eyes and a dangerous grin.

6. he uses a character that gave up his humanity and embraced the dark hadou.
    I go in circles.
    I think I might be going to UP tonite with my GF tonite. Time to get my crouch tech mash short with bison on. Or go RANDOM with Abel. Philly don't know how to do anything besides down back thus abel grab yo ass. We're probably eating at COPA when we get there too. I love that place... soooo good!
    Post more