'The' Super Gem (Pocket) fighter Thread

Mr ListMr List Lord of the ScrubsJoined: Posts: 1,393
just found this on mame by accident,i never knew it existed.

omg it's brilliant!
why is there no sequel?!
why no hd remix on live arcade!!

it's really great fun the perfect antidote to hardcore play on sf4 etc...
Hey hey let's go kenka suru , Taisetsu no mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
Let's fighting love!
Let's fighting love!

Comments

• KhiempossibleKhiempossible NAGEHAME User Joined: Posts: 3,254
    I concur. I just wish I understood how to play.
    "Win when you can; lose when you have to; but always play cheap" - Familyman
  • yourmotheryourmother 大五 運命腹 Joined: Posts: 1,528

There's some combos for it. Some of them are useless exhibition stuff (dan banana peel lazer combos lolz) but some of it is actually useful for seeing how some combos work in this game. It's a really fun game and it's mostly about controlling space. As you control space well, you get more gems, and, therefore, can control space better.
    TvC Brah
  • Mr ListMr List Lord of the Scrubs Joined: Posts: 1,393
    the infinate air corner throw seems like something that shouldnt have got past testing.

some of those combos are mental.
    Hey hey let's go kenka suru , Taisetsu no mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
  • yourmotheryourmother 大五 運命腹 Joined: Posts: 1,528
    The air throw loop requires extremely precise spacing (actually maybe not for ryu), but that will pretty much never happen in a match. The really crazy ones all either require really precise spacing, are item specific, or require a bunch of super bars. All in all combos really aren't that bad.
    TvC Brah
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    Chun and Gief are tops. Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei and Ibuki are really good too.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
    i like akuma and his swimmin cossie :bgrin:
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
  • BahaBaha www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 163
    Iv got this on ps1 and was playing it he other day :D
    Its the coolest Street fighter game ever tbh ;]
    (its depressing to think how many years iv acctully had this game :tup:)
  • PuFFPuFF Dan Marino Joined: Posts: 2,119
    This game is so full of awesome. If only because Ibuki switches to a Rolento outfit.

Too bad I am terrible at this game.
    Mountain Dew is delicious. No matter what Tweleve says.
  • IapetusIapetus Strategic Planning Joined: Posts: 408
    Is there any reason to turtle in this game? If you aren't attacking, you won't be getting your gems to level up your specials... I just see this being a very rushdown heavy game, which is fine in MY book. :tup:
    Just two things in life to remember: Don't be a jerk and play TvC
    "Everyone wants to turn their character into Ryu. And the Ryu players want to turn him into Goku." Azrael
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    how dya do akuma's rd? is it the same as in other games?
    Also, how do you do the move where dan uses his father's nose to shoot out a beam of energy?
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • BLINDBLIND Joined: Posts: 59
    Game is fun all i ever did was mash in it tho.... another game coo in have lil chars was super dodge ball....
    http://versuscolors.com/forum/
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Chun and Gief are tops. Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei and Ibuki are really good too.

What about everyone else? Got a full tier list?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 556
    Jill Valentine Chun-Li! I love it when you get ko'd and you explode like megaman or fall into a pile of bones like Arthur.
  • wolfox_okamichawolfox_okamicha Rawr! Joined: Posts: 1,063
    This game gave birth to megacrash!
    Howl!
  • okutabareookutabareo Morton Salt Joined: Posts: 63
    I'd posted this awhile ago in another forum, but I haven't got the time to do a video tutorial on Gem Fighters. This is my insight on it after playing with it for awhile with several yet rare competitions on GGPO and 2DF. Note: This game is often looked over by a lot of players because of it's 3 button simplicity. However, this game has a load of mechanics that can be taken advantaged of and making the game extremely fun and exciting. Most of the combos you see on Youtube are truly crap because they can be air recovered. All falls can be air recovered unless the character is hit with a bomb or tripped while on the ground being neutral. The only practical ones I can say are the basic ones from CLN1 and that's about it. If you want to see some good mechanics and strats used in the game, feel free to look at my past matches on 2DF. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to turtle in this game because there is no CHIP DAMAGE. It totally kills the game when scrubs run back to the corner, turtle, and spam fireballs. And there is nearly no reason to play this at SPEED 3 because scrubs online tend to try to use that as an advantage to make reaction time less available. That's like saying lets play 3S on Turbo 5 if there was a speed select. Although many I face are scrubs, some worthy competitors I've come across on 2DF are Baby Br0, baramyyj, TS_diamante, and TS_street_solano. This game is not about combos but rather positioning, tricks, and pressure tactics.

P.S.: To the throw infinites you saw on some videos, those are pseudo infinites. They can be air recovered or teched. There are a total of 5 pseudo infinites in the game with Ryu, Akuma, Felicia, Ken, and Dan (Yes, Dan haha). The hardest ones to be done are actually Ken and Dan's because that actually requires a really tight timing in comparison to Ryu, Akuma, and Felicia's.

My old post for Maj
    >

Super Gem Fighter / Pocket Fighter is one of the few quirky yet fun fighting games that Capcom has ever made. However, it seems that a lot of people tend to overlook such a great game because of its cutesy and simplistic three button interface. After playing around this game for a few months, it seems that there is so much more depth in the game than there is from a glance. Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix's mechanics, to me, are essentially a three button model simplistic combination of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and a bit of Dark Stalkers. It has many quirks that people either don't use or don't even realize that potentially can make the whole game challenging and fun. Thus, if you do play this game, it tends to be really hard to find good competition in 2DF or GGPO. Although there are guides on GameFAQs, they don't really go in depth on the mechanics of the fighting engine. For example, I have recently found that characters can really take advantage of frame counts or frame advantages. There are also bomb cancels, bomb kara cancels, and kara cancels that can be potentially used in a match, which I have done and proved to be quite useful (You can check out some of my matches on 2DF). The list goes on and on. I'll try to go more in depth with Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix by making a tutorial video or a written guide. It's a pretty underrated game that I wish more people would look into even if it's a twelve year old game. Also, I don't know if there is an official tier list for this game, but I have been seeing some weird tier list for Super Gem Fighter. I have compiled an unofficial tier list of my own and, of course, it is subject to be changed. Oh yeah, screw those fancy combos that you see on Youtube, the Pocket Genesis videos (On the contrary, the CLN1 basic combo video is pretty useful). More than half of those combos are just flashy and totally inapplicable because of air recovery or tumble.

Tier List After A Few Months of Playing and Testing:
    - I based it on the character's effectiveness as a whole and it's dependency on gems. Obviously, characters who tend to depend on gems, leveled up specials, will be ranked a bit lower because it takes time to level up. -

Top Tier:
    Chun Li - Excellent zoning, one of the fastest characters, excellent supers, good trades, excellent priority, best flash combos in the game, and crap load of frame advantage tricks.
    Morrigan (Just a little under Chun Li) - Excellent zoning strategies, speed, supers, special air dash, damage output.
    Ryu (Some might say Sakura should be here) - The usual all rounder shoto, excellent supers, good zoning, and fireball and throw pressure tactics. But, he's just a bit shitty with his initial bomb, nearly the most useless Lightning bomb.

Mid Tier:
    Sakura - Strongest damage output of all shotos, good supers, good zoning, but she has a terrible glitch that makes her subject to a lower rank (The glitch that she can't defend against meaty attacks).
    Zangief - Tick throw god, one frame throw combo god, good zoning, SPD pressure tactics, best user of the OTG move from Dark Stalkers, can take excellent use of bomb cancel, bomb kara cancels, and kara cancels, but can be stuffed out by shotos and himself.
    Akuma - Good speed, good zoning, great dive kick, similar to Ryu but his weakness lies on his supers.
    Hsien Ko - God of air dashing, good zoning, throw pressure tactics, throw to super setups, throw to bomb setups, but she requires at least the minimum of one super bar stock to be effective, which can be hard to come by.
    Tessa - Excellent zoning, excellent flash combo pressure tactics, super jump dive kick pressures, but bad on trading, weak on supers, and dependent on leveled up specials.

Low Tier:
    Ken - Good zoning, good dive in pressure tactics, Shinyuken is the only good super, but his leveled up specials will turn him to a shittier character and he has trouble building meter (He can't build meter with his Level 1 spin kick while the other three main shotos can, odd) unless his spin kick is Level 3 (Catch 22).
    Ibuki - Good zoning, great corner pressure tactics, great rush setups, the second fastest character in the game, two great supers, but she is weak, too technical, can be too dependent on supers and gems, unfinished OTG mechanic, and faulty bugged Mega Crush mechanic.
    Felicia - Decent zoning, two pseudo throw infinites, rolling super has good priority, catch, and damage, but she is too slow, and pretty dependent on gems to become effective.

Dan Tier:
    Dan - Dan is Dan regardless if you level him up or not. He will always remain shitty or perhaps even shittier, but fun to use without a doubt.

*This tier list is subject to change. Currently, I feel that Tessa and Gief should be moved up higher.*

2DFighter name: Kutabare

I main Tessa and Gief. I rarely use the shotos unless they're scrubs who also use shotos in a really shitty way.

oKutabareo
    Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix: Hsien Ko, Tessa, Zangief
    "Random bullshiet mon, I make the combos!" screams Sci, as he berates and destroys the arcade cabinet.
  • mvcplayermvcplayer AKA HAKIRU Joined: Posts: 390
    man I remember I used to play the shit out of this game lol

zangief is just too good in this game specially when he does his winning pose when he raises both his hands :rofl: that shit's top tier
    Gief is good but not SF4 Sagat good. A well rounded Ryu player can easily leave Gief quite immobile because Ryu can stuff out a lot of moves from Gief.
    "Random bullshiet mon, I make the combos!" screams Sci, as he berates and destroys the arcade cabinet.
    Gief is good but not SF4 Sagat good. A well rounded Ryu player can easily leave Gief quite immobile because Ryu can stuff out a lot of moves from Gief.

lol I didn't mean too good as in tiers. I meant it as in the move set he has is just awesome/funny in this game compared to other ones and the way he plays is just fun, but yeah I know he isn't top tier you just explained why on your other post.

I mean seriously one of his attacks is drilling the opponent that shit is too good lol
    Yeah, Gief is great especially his animations. The best matches in Gem Fighters, in my opinion, are always Gief matches. That shit is hella tight and funny.
  • P.o.t.S.P.o.t.S. Joined: Posts: 268
    Yeah, they need to bring back the bite super. :lol:
    snip

I thought Ibuki was higher?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    To me, Ibuki was never that high up in the tier to begin with. Her SRK gets stuffed easily, her normals and flash combos get punished easily if she misses, and she requires a lot of technicality in order to be effective (Which is hard to get it going). But if you can throw out a lot of tricks and mixups with her, she can be worthwhile.
    If anybody has questions on this game, feel free to ask away.
    was this ever a popular game?

i am curious of the chances on a live arcade re-release
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
    I don't know, but people should get into or get back into this game. It's a great casuals game.
    I don't know, but people should get into or get back into this game. It's a great casuals game.

Someone call me? We record match vids for all sorts of games at my college back in GA, though I won't be going back till around january (well perhaps earlier, depending on my business here) but whenever, I'll promise to get my crew into this game and I'll post links for criticism/enjoyment/whatever.

We'll probably use the Alpha Anathology version; unless my version for Saturn arrives first. Which version is better in your opinion?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • apex27apex27 leveling up Joined: Posts: 348
    Anybody happen to have sprite rips for this game? I'm specifically looking for Gou-Hibiki.
    Neal (old school arcade rat)
    SSF4: Can't decide
    HDR: Deejay, Dictator
    A2: Rose, Chun
    Someone call me? We record match vids for all sorts of games at my college back in GA, though I won't be going back till around january (well perhaps earlier, depending on my business here) but whenever, I'll promise to get my crew into this game and I'll post links for criticism/enjoyment/whatever.

We'll probably use the Alpha Anathology version; unless my version for Saturn arrives first. Which version is better in your opinion?

The arcade version of course. I haven't touched a console version in a long time. My PSX copy got scratched up badly. Hit me up on GGPO or 2DF mang.
    The arcade version of course. I haven't touched a console version in a long time. My PSX copy got scratched up badly. Hit me up on GGPO or 2DF mang.

I would play online matches if I could but my 7 year-old Acer 5000 cannot handle any gaming anymore. She still handles capture devices and the like just fine but try to boot up mame, any emulator or online gaming and the fan immediately overheats and shuts down....she can't deal with it.

Besides, whenever I capture match vids, I always try to use a console version so everyone can watch the TV, rather than huddle around my laptop screen (and capturing emulators running on my laptop presents problems of its own).
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Awww, it's so hard to find some good competition online for this game. Too many scrubs rage quit especially players from South America.
    Awww, it's so hard to find some good competition online for this game. Too many scrubs rage quit especially players from South America.

The South Americans? Really?

In anycase, you said the Arcade version, so I guess the AA version for PS2 is best? Although I really like my Saturn controller and sticks.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • DivinusDivinus call me maybe Joined: Posts: 2,237
    This game was my first fighter and is the reason why I use Sakura.

I've recently been playing it on ePSXe...and now that I got my FS3 stick working on my laptop, I can relive my childhood. =D
    AV created thru soshi power
    Get soshified, motherfuckers
    I wish there was a tourney for this. Haha.
    I wish there was a tourney for this. Haha.

do you play this on ggpo?
  • KojiroKojiro Old School Hero Joined: Posts: 828
    This is a bonus on Alpha Anthology (PS2) for anyone that might want to pick up a console version to play.
    Apa?
    do you play this on ggpo?

Yeah, I'm either on GGPO or 2DF, mostly GGPO for now.
    Yeah, I'm either on GGPO or 2DF, mostly GGPO for now.

alright I'll be in the room sometime then
    I just got my Saturn version of Pocket Fighter in the mail the other day.

Post up general strats and tips if anyone has em'.

In the meantime, off to read Kao;s FAQ on gamefaqs.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • SaturnSaturn Powered by EUROBEAT Joined: Posts: 30
    Am I the only one who's mildly depressed that it seems like the era of Capcom games that would produce something as godly as this is long over :[

I'd love to see a sequel or re-release but Capcom doesn't seem to have such a thing in them anymore...

Then again everyone said that about Street Fighter IV and now look at where we are. :P
    CvS2: Terry/Blanka/Sagat 3S: Alex, Dudley
    SF4: Bison (Dictator), Ryu TvC: Chun/Alex
    VS: Sasquatch, Jedah
    General Strats, hmm, where to begin?

Well to begin, the necessity of Gems vary from character to character. Some characters really need it and some really don't. Often times, players who aim for nabbing all the gems get their asses handed to them because they leave themselves open. So chasing Gems has its pros and cons.

Air Recovering is a necessity, but it must be thought out well. A lot of new players often don't know about the air recovery system so they end up eating juggling combos that can be avoided such as Ryu / Akuma Air Tatsu to Air throw. And if that's done in the corner, its a setup for their Pseudo Infinite. Air recovering too often is also a no no because there are characters who seek after air recovery abuse such as Gief. After a FAB in the corner, if the player air recovers from it, Gief can jump and punish with an Air Throw. Another example would be Chun; players at a corner abusing air recovery will allows Chun Li to keep punishing with an Air Throw.

Air Guard Canceling Counter is an all time favorite for turtlers. It can only be done while Air Guarding. Once blocking animation occurs and finishes, you can press any one of the two normals to counter hit, or you can Guard Cancel Throw, or Guard Cancel to Special Move (i.e. Air Tatsu). Obviously, any player who constantly abuses that mechanic will get their asses Air Thrown.

Just let the questions flow.
    General Strats, hmm, where to begin?

Well to begin, the necessity of Gems vary from character to character. Some characters really need it and some really don't. Often times, players who aim for nabbing all the gems get their asses handed to them because they leave themselves open. So chasing Gems has its pros and cons.

Air Recovering is a necessity, but it must be thought out well. A lot of new players often don't know about the air recovery system so they end up eating juggling combos that can be avoided such as Ryu / Akuma Air Tatsu to Air throw. And if that's done in the corner, its a setup for their Pseudo Infinite. Air recovering too often is also a no no because there are characters who seek after air recovery abuse such as Gief. After a FAB in the corner, if the player air recovers from it, Gief can jump and punish with an Air Throw. Another example would be Chun; players at a corner abusing air recovery will allows Chun Li to keep punishing with an Air Throw.

Air Guard Canceling Counter is an all time favorite for turtlers. It can only be done while Air Guarding. Once blocking animation occurs and finishes, you can press any one of the two normals to counter hit, or you can Guard Cancel Throw, or Guard Cancel to Special Move (i.e. Air Tatsu). Obviously, any player who constantly abuses that mechanic will get their asses Air Thrown.

Just let the questions flow.

Okay, I'm going to play Akuma, Morrigan...got some starters on those?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Akuma: To me, Akuma is a rush down character with his dive kick and flash combo pressure. A lot of scrubs tend to just pick him for Air Fireball abuse, which kills the whole essence of Akuma. Smarter and annoying scrubs will abuse his PKKP Flash Combo, whether it hits or not. They piss you off by amping it to Speed 3 so they can grab you on the last P in the Flash Combo (So in essence, they are just abusing the speed of the game not the skill). Akuma has a good set of normals including Stand Kick, Crouch Kick, and Crouch Punch. Dive kick provides pressure and set up for ground throws and Raging Demon. The best super I recommend is the Fireball Super (HCF + S) because that guarantees most of the time for a sure 5 hit in comparison to the Shoryureppa Super. If you execute the Shoryureppa to punish a whiff or something, the Shoryureppa can actually throw off the character and lead to a weird juggle or an opportunity for the other to air recover and punish you back. Air Tatsu to Air Throw in the corner leads to the Pseudo Infinite with repeated jumping forward Air throws. For Akuma, he doesn't have that many multi hit specials or combos so it's hard to rack up Gems. However, do try to build meter for 3 supers for Raging Demon. Although Raging Demon is costly and sort of powerful, use it on a guarantee hit because Raging Demon hardly provides any invincibility frames. Guarantee hits, I'm referring to after Dive Kick pressure, after Poison Bomb throw, Bomb Throw Cancel to Raging Demon excluding Freeze, Stone, and Lightning Bombs, and using Raging Demon as a meaty (Raging Demoning half way through a player's ground recovering frames).

Morrigan: Although my experiment with her is on and off, Morrigan is very versatile. Her standing K is very good in terms of zoning because it can knock back if it stuffs out the other player's move. Forward P is also another good zoning key because it is similar to standing K and it has a slight longer reach, but a bit slower execution. Also, a missed Forward P is very punishable so be careful. She is quick on her feet with her ground dash, but she can be also tricky with her flying dash like it is in CVS2 SNK Groove for Morrigan. To execute the fly off dash, you hold S while dashing. This leads to some interesting tactics including cross ups, and ground throw to air throw (The frames for this are very tight and it can be air recovered or teched after the ground throw). Her Flash combos are mediocre, but many of her supers make up for it. For a normal to super link, the only way is to do it after crouching P. You can only do it after the first hit during crouch P (You can only cancel the second hit with Specials). Many if not all of supers provide a good amount of invincibility frames and many of them rack up an absurd amount of Gems (Excluding Shoryureppa). To me, Gems aren't really a big issue for Morrigan because leveling up her Special Moves isn't much of concern. Her leveling up can be a pro or con; it depends on how you use her.
    Akuma: To me, Akuma is a rush down character with his dive kick and flash combo pressure. A lot of scrubs tend to just pick him for Air Fireball abuse, which kills the whole essence of Akuma. Smarter and annoying scrubs will abuse his PKKP Flash Combo, whether it hits or not. They piss you off by amping it to Speed 3 so they can grab you on the last P in the Flash Combo (So in essence, they are just abusing the speed of the game not the skill). Akuma has a good set of normals including Stand Kick, Crouch Kick, and Crouch Punch. Dive kick provides pressure and set up for ground throws and Raging Demon. The best super I recommend is the Fireball Super (HCF + S) because that guarantees most of the time for a sure 5 hit in comparison to the Shoryureppa Super. If you execute the Shoryureppa to punish a whiff or something, the Shoryureppa can actually throw off the character and lead to a weird juggle or an opportunity for the other to air recover and punish you back. Air Tatsu to Air Throw in the corner leads to the Pseudo Infinite with repeated jumping forward Air throws. For Akuma, he doesn't have that many multi hit specials or combos so it's hard to rack up Gems. However, do try to build meter for 3 supers for Raging Demon. Although Raging Demon is costly and sort of powerful, use it on a guarantee hit because Raging Demon hardly provides any invincibility frames. Guarantee hits, I'm referring to after Dive Kick pressure, after Poison Bomb throw, Bomb Throw Cancel to Raging Demon excluding Freeze, Stone, and Lightning Bombs, and using Raging Demon as a meaty (Raging Demoning half way through a player's ground recovering frames).

Morrigan: Although my experiment with her is on and off, Morrigan is very versatile. Her standing K is very good in terms of zoning because it can knock back if it stuffs out the other player's move. Forward P is also another good zoning key because it is similar to standing K and it has a slight longer reach, but a bit slower execution. Also, a missed Forward P is very punishable so be careful. She is quick on her feet with her ground dash, but she can be also tricky with her flying dash like it is in CVS2 SNK Groove for Morrigan. To execute the fly off dash, you hold S while dashing. This leads to some interesting tactics including cross ups, and ground throw to air throw (The frames for this are very tight and it can be air recovered or teched after the ground throw). Her Flash combos are mediocre, but many of her supers make up for it. For a normal to super link, the only way is to do it after crouching P. You can only do it after the first hit during crouch P (You can only cancel the second hit with Specials). Many if not all of supers provide a good amount of invincibility frames and many of them rack up an absurd amount of Gems (Excluding Shoryureppa). To me, Gems aren't really a big issue for Morrigan because leveling up her Special Moves isn't much of concern. Her leveling up can be a pro or con; it depends on how you use her.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Excellent description; you've given me a great start-off point.

Another thing, I already know one of my sparring partners is going to use Gief in this game. How should I handle that match-up?
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Depending on how aggressive your sparring partner is, you have to always be ahead of Gief. A really aggressive Gief can be a damn hassle because Gief has so many tools that can keep others out and change the momentum of the game.

First off, zoning strats are always up on the table for any game against Gief. Gief's throws, SPD, and FAB have an absurd amount of range. All of Gief's throws are command throws or command throw like, excluding neutral throw (Stand P+K). However, his throws (at least most of them) cannot interrupt meaty attacks. So if you see your fist out during a Gief's FAB super activation frame, that FAB is going to be stuff out most of the time.

Gief abuses turtlers, hands down for sure. With all his throws being command throw or command throw like, he can do some pretty nasty tick throws and setups. One setup would be Gief's Flash combo (blocked or confirmed) PKK, slight pause to FAB. You can check that out yourself to see how absurd the range is. Another tick setup would be jump in cross up splash, crouch P, slight pause to down P+K throw.

Gief's stand K is a very good zoning tool for him, so be aware because it can deal nasty damage to your character especially Akuma.

Jumping into Gief is also very risky, but Shotos have a better chance than most characters in the game. A well timed Lariat can stop a jump in or do a trade for Gief. Lariat also has a good amount of invincibility frames so don't be too close. And DEFINITELY watch out for corner Lariats because a Level 3 Lariat can smack a character silly like a bouncing ball about 3 times and racks up a lot of stun points.

Jump in splash or super jump splash is another common tool that gets abused by Gief players. The splash has a great amount of priority over many moves in the game. A well timed SRK can stop it. When Gief is in the air especially air recovering, be sure to think twice about chasing after him because Gief also has a stone splash (Down Down P while in air). The stone splash is punishment for those who go after Gief, but a missed stone splash leaves him very very punishable.

To keep yourself away, safe rolling (When down, forward or backward P/K/S *distance of rolling lies on which button you pressed*) and air recovering is very necessary. For air recovery, there are actually two forms of it. One form is the normal P+K when you are knocked out in the air. You will recover in the normal air recovery arc and the arc can be controlled by either forward or backward. There's also an extensive air recovery which is sort of like Kara technique motion where you do P+K then forward or backward. The extensive air recovery will go farther away from a normal arc or a shorter / sharper arc than that of a normal arc. I'll get more on the air recovery mechanics next time.

Gief is quite slow compare to other characters available in the game. But when he runs, he isn't that really slow in ground game. Haha. Zone the shit out of him and keep it safe. Build meter and stock it up; you'll need it for Counter Hit (While Blocking, Forward + S *costs 1 meter*) to stop Gief's abusive Flash Combo pressure whether is PKK or PPK (The drill from Gief has to be blocked low).
    Here's an authentic, non air recoverable, usable combo for Chun Li against Gief.

Recently discovered, usable combo for Hsien Ko.

From looking at the movelist; just discovered there's two ways to perform Gouki's Shun Goku Satsu, an 'easy' method (seems some supers have the easy input option and a less leniet one).

Not sure if performing it differently affects the damage one way or another.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    Nah, doing it the hard way just looks flashier. It's still the same damage.
    Nah, doing it the hard way just looks flashier. It's still the same damage.

Ahh, that kinda blows.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    okutabareo, I'm back in GA, got my Saturn, got the game; I'm in practice mode and hopefully I will get matches of this game up soon with my crew.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz