"The King is back!" Sagat Video Thread

NinjaCWNinjaCW Joined: Posts: 486
Well I noticed there wasn't one already so I wasn't sure if you guys just didn't want one or no one cared to make one (or I just flat out missed it)

Either way I have some matches of myself mainly for better Sagat players to critique my play. I watched these already and already made changes to my game but I would still like to hear some opinions if that's cool with yall.

It's probably best to watch them in HD since my recorder is HD x_x

Comments

• lonewolf19xxlonewolf19xx TIGER! Joined: Posts: 25
    question? why the lack of tiger knee's? i must say by the video's i would say your a better Sagat player then i and was wondering why you didn't in these fights use any knees? other then that nice vids, i always love to see ken get his kicked!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I played that truehood guy earlier today lol

I would like to put up some videos of me, but no capping equipment. Maybe I should set upa camera and record it one day
  • NinjaCWNinjaCW Joined: Posts: 486
    Yea I started using the knee more but unless the opponent doesn't know how to get around it I would use it more. He knows how to get away from the trap so I preferred to zone him. Which I'm still working on learning the range of my s.lk and m.Tiger Knee.
  • dualmatrixdualmatrix Bluth's Bananas Joined: Posts: 178
    We need a video thread. I'd like a resource of watching Sagat videos besides SF Dojo.
    SSFIV - Cammy, Ibuki, Viper
    Other PSN tag - Ghetto4eva
  • Masamune_ShadowMasamune_Shadow -Till Next Time... Joined: Posts: 909
    What's wrong with the dojo? I was just about to say go to the dojo and look there, otherwise, type in a pro player's name in Youtube and watch some of theirs.
    -Till Next Time...

-Masamune_Shadow
  • fitznblendfitznblend Joined: Posts: 55
    Zak starring in the UK Championship in which he won.

Sagat vs Ryu - Quarter Finals

Sagat vs Blanka - Semi Finals

Sagat vs Sagat/Sim - Finals
    Zaks sagat is awesome, makes me realise how crap I am with him though!
    how are you guys capping your videos? some more people need to share ;)
  • Quest2be1Quest2be1 Joined: Posts: 71
    We need a video thread. I'd like a resource of watching Sagat videos besides SF Dojo.

I agree.

@ninja
    Your Sagat is trash :bgrin:
    I have a HD PVR so I can record against any of my opponents :)

@ quest2be1
    nope :)

we should get games in sometime :)
    I can record them. . . .someone will be put out there x_x
    Sweet, nice capping device you got there. I'll be sure to hit you up for some games bro. I better practice my fireball game :)
  • ウメshoryuウメshoryu ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Joined: Posts: 371
    If you have a nico account, 3 high level Sagats in this vid including Masatsugu and Mago. And might I say some SICK Sagat play from Mago.

Mago is @ 11:15

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6933841
    ウメ = Ume
    Is that a new thing with nicovideo? I never had to register before to watch videos. I found a cool website that would let me search the site in English.
  • ウメshoryuウメshoryu ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Joined: Posts: 371
    I highly suggest you all get nico accounts. TRF ranbats are too good. This link will tell ya how.

http://curryallergy.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-to-use-nico-video.html
    ウメ = Ume
  • neemo6neemo6 huh what Joined: Posts: 563
    Nice vids Ninja. Question, at 2:00 of first video, that TU connects on what looks like Ken is trying to do a hk jump in to either a cr.mk or cr.lk, can this always be punished in this manner? Many Kens I face cant help but j.hk>cr.k .
    SSFIV: Sagat/Rufus
    MvC3: Zero/Skrull/Doom
    No sh1t, good question neemo. Does that work pretty much all the ninja? I have been FA'ing the first part of the jump kick. For real nice sagat dude and I can tell I'm going to learn a thing or two from you. I like how you constantly keep sagat moving and your fireball game looks mad tough. Lastly, I added you.
    Nice vids Ninja. Question, at 2:00 of first video, that TU connects on what looks like Ken is trying to do a hk jump in to either a cr.mk or cr.lk, can this always be punished in this manner? Many Kens I face cant help but j.hk>cr.k .

I will look over the vid and make sure so I can remember what was going through my mind lol.

But for the most part I will attempt it if the jumping attack isn't deep enough and I can sneak it in. Because usually you can't interrupt a cr.lk but I think you can against cr.mk.

And I'm not mashing on SRK motion either I only do it once lol
    Try to FA it next time. I find it pretty reliable for that move in particular. Lol at not mashing SRK, didn't want to yell noob on that one eh? Online it's worth doing it though because the hickups in timing exist.
  • dualmatrixdualmatrix Bluth's Bananas Joined: Posts: 178
    We should sticky a Sagat video thread.
    SSFIV - Cammy, Ibuki, Viper
    Other PSN tag - Ghetto4eva
    Good games to NinjaCW
    Dude gave me a run for my money Sagat vs Sagat. He came out so far ahead but I did get to learn a lot from him :)
    Good games to NinjaCW
    Dude gave me a run for my money Sagat vs Sagat. He came out so far ahead but I did get to learn a lot from him :)

Yes very good games next time I'll record 7 matches so you can watch them and learn from them. And vice versa for myself
    I capped the ones we played so I could check out how to setup those FADC combo's better. I was getting so mad that kept missing my key moves when I needed them most. I'm sure that's because I'm using a pad, but I just don't see me ever getting use to a stick. More Sagat mirrors for fun whenever you the chance. I also need some experience plays Honda Vega Seth Bison and Gief so if you know those cats you can throw em at me :)
    I'd like to play with you guys as well, but I think the distance would hinder the quality of the play. =(
    I'm in Northern California, I updated my profile as well. I'd still be down to play, just the connection might not be so good
    Of course I prefer 4-5 bars, but I can deal with 3 bars if that's the case. We'll just have to see.
  • acejaxxacejaxx Joined: Posts: 2
    here are a few of my vids...still consider myself an amateur player, but slowly improving. any tips/pointers would greatly be appreciated...thx!

those are the most recent, but my youtube page has a few more when i was first starting: http://www.youtube.com/user/oojaxxoo
    I'd like to play with you guys as well, but I think the distance would hinder the quality of the play. =(

I'm down to check out your connection but I also only play with 4-5 bars (and 3 if desparate) but if you can deal with the lag (and it's not SUPER bad) then I'll play.
    here are a few of my vids...still consider myself an amateur player, but slowly improving. any tips/pointers would greatly be appreciated...thx!

those are the most recent, but my youtube page has a few more when i was first starting: http://www.youtube.com/user/oojaxxoo

I'd say... needs more tigershots :lovin:

Ninja and Quest, I'll add you guys up and we'll see how it works
  • falcon176falcon176 Joined: Posts: 208

guy spams tiger uppercuts all day. at a live tourney. hilarity ensues.
    it's pretty old though so it might've been posted here already.
  • ZanaOyakataZanaOyakata Ichigeki Hisatsu Joined: Posts: 433
    stupid question, but is Mago from Okinawa?

I am new to Sagat, going to main him. I will have to upload vids of my crap play lol
    Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything. - Tendou Souji
    Most cheapest man in the world, is Mago. - Tokido
  • fitznblendfitznblend Joined: Posts: 55
    Daigo Vs Mago quarter finals of TRF - upped 30 June

Here's Nerdjosh and Sabin, 2 awesome East Coast players playing Sagat, Ryu, and Dhalsim.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0F734F40ED79C763&search_query=nerdjosh+sabin

5 videos of 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games each.
  • Filbert2805Filbert2805 Joined: Posts: 66
    Hey guys thought i would post these in here, as it seems the most appropriate place to :) wondering if i could get some Crit on a few of my Sagat games.

I'm fairly new to him, made the switch over from Vega to Sagat, so don't be too harsh :) But i am open to constructive crit for sure! :D

Really sorry for the shoddy quality, :( dont have anything else to record it with, and its probably best with the sound off.. and my SE stick makes a right racket! hehe

Cheers guys :)

SSF4AE - Rose, Balrog
    For first vid,

Work on your zoning. You'd be atleast fullscreen away and wouldnt throw out a single TS. stop jumping backwards and start throwing more TS. ur just letting him walk into close range. if he jumps in then learn to TU antiair him. ur not playing vega anymore. zone and bait for them to jump in. and stop spamming ex TU and use the meter for TU FADC instead. much safer and leads to more damaging options.

Second vid,

stop spamming h.k tiger knee. u'll get ur ass handed to u each time u use it against a decent player. Tiger knee should only hit once at the very latest. use the m.k or l.k versions. learn to zone properly before even touching the knee. start off from basics and just use TS and TU. once u master his zoning and antiair, then can u start to learn other shit.
    Empire Arcadia tournament from 7-26-09 GRAND FINALS.

LI Joe's Sagat vs Sanford Kelly's Gouken (!!)

• HidamariiHidamarii Joined: Posts: 175
    I didn't know where else to say this.

But I just saw a replay by someone called HodgeBOY, it should be near the top at the moment.

The first round was like 70 seconds of Tiger Shots and nothing but. I'm not even kidding either!

This isn't a silly I don't like Sagat post or anything, I was just shocked, I've never seen something like that go on for so long, usually someone gets bored and moves in.
    I sent Jinrai a pm to see if we can get this stickied, I'll start grabbing some links in the mean time.
  • shinobakashinobaka Joined: Posts: 137
    Here is a vid of AmeriKen possibly the best Sagat from America vs Mago I hope this vid can give you guys some ideas

My page also has vid of him fighting other top players like Shiro, Daigo, Tokido, Radiowave, Itabashi Zangief, TKD, and Marn