Red Pantie Addict Anonymous: Sakura General Discussion!

BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with ageJoined: Posts: 1,916 mod
The chun forum has one of these and it works very well ( I think it helps prevent threads from being made as well)

Basically it's just a random thread if you've ever seen the fellowship, you know Sakura needed one of these threads too!

So talk about whatever you want, whether you just ran into a fellow Sak player online or you made a random discovery or observation then this is the place for you. Basically, if it doesn't fit into one of the stickies, put it in here!

GG to RJX13... i was taking a sakura break and picked chun. If I knew you were on the forum sooner I would have definitely picked sak!
shut up TGS

Comments

• CrazykatCrazykat Ooopsie!!! Joined: Posts: 243
    Every notice that Sakura is always smiling while fighting and after she is knocked down she grins a little. How can you not love a girl who no matter how rough its going she is always smiling.
    Super Turbo: Bison
    HD Remix: Bison & Dee Jay
    SSF4: Bison.
    SSF4 AE: Bison & Ken (Thanks T-Hawk)
    Kent: ULTRA THAT BITCH!!!!!
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,916 mod
    yeah, she does always have that random look on her face hahah
    shut up TGS
  • sandwichcookiesandwichcookie Unregistered User. Joined: Posts: 1,179
    Kind of a blasphemous question for this thread, but I'd like to play sf4 at an arcade at some point and I don't know what character to pick.. Our girl sakura won't be an option so who should I pick instead? Recently I started messing around with gouken, but I don't think he's available in arcades either.

Or should I just ignore arcades until they come up with an arcade cabinet that includes sakura..
    I hated hipsters before it was mainstream.
    TBH, ken really is kind of fun. Give him a shot, he's got some fun mind games you can play with people and fun combos.
    shut up TGS
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,880 mod
    this is the least appealing strategy thread title in the world.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    It's not a strategy thread, you obviously missed the whole point.
    shut up TGS
    I like the freestyle writing, it works.
    shut up TGS
  • outforprophetsoutforprophets dayum Joined: Posts: 85
    Every notice that Sakura is always smiling while fighting and after she is knocked down she grins a little. How can you not love a girl who no matter how rough its going she is always smiling.

maybe she just enjoys it rough?
    whoa why did JDM's post all get deleted?

anyways shytzoo i'm hitting you up for some mirror matches in a bit, having some drinks with a few people over here ATM first lol
    shut up TGS
  • 1nce again1nce again RegisteredSakuraUser Joined: Posts: 162
    whoa why did JDM's post all get deleted?

anyways shytzoo i'm hitting you up for some mirror matches in a bit, having some drinks with a few people over here ATM first lol

I must start doing this aswell. Drinking before playing lol. Last week I was drinking, not looped, just a couple pints and a roach and my game was well elevated. I always thought I would play bad, but the reckless "I don't give a toss" play actually worked really well. Maybe I over think when I play sober and just don't go for it hahahaha
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The chun forum has one of these and it works very well ( I think it helps prevent threads from being made as well)

Basically it's just a random thread if you've ever seen the fellowship, you know Sakura needed one of these threads too!

So talk about whatever you want, whether you just ran into a fellow Sak player online or you made a random discovery or observation then this is the place for you. Basically, if it doesn't fit into one of the stickies, put it in here!

GG to RJX13... i was taking a sakura break and picked chun. If I knew you were on the forum sooner I would have definitely picked sak!

Haha thanks, i really dont like facing chun-li simply because she outpokes me and considering my very aggressive play style simply wont work against her lol

hmm would like to try a mirror match sometimes, see how decent i am haha =P
    yeah we can do that, shoot me a FR and next time im on we'll get some games in.

lol shytzoo our drinking schedules didnt line up last night, maybe tomorrow night?
    shut up TGS
  • shytzooshytzoo Rest in Peace Jenna Joined: Posts: 578
    hahahha yeah dude.... definitly try tonight... i just had to go out to the bars for this girls birthday.... i ended up super shitfaced and probably threw up somewhere... im not sure...
    "religion is that created by the weak and persecuted in order to instill a false sense of comfort and justify their, otherwise, bleak future." -me
    [avatar by savaii64]
    i'm actually in the car on my way into the bronx to see the met game, so i won't be back until like 12-1 or so, it's friday so I can't tell when I'll be back but we'll see
    shut up TGS
  • vietxmikeyvietxmikey Joined: Posts: 210
    Sakura<3<3<3<3<3<3 *big googly eyes*
    i'm actually in the car on my way into the bronx to see the met game, so i won't be back until like 12-1 or so, it's friday so I can't tell when I'll be back but we'll see

ahhhh... well im going out drinking tonight with a girl friend of mine who just graduated college... but.. im pulling an all nighter so i can make it to the graduation ceremony tomorrow morning... so ill be on all night after i get back, not sure when that will be... if you have AIM i would send a message to my AIM (vert conspiracy) to see if im actually here or not hahaha
    "religion is that created by the weak and persecuted in order to instill a false sense of comfort and justify their, otherwise, bleak future." -me
    [avatar by savaii64]
    I was in no mood to play last night after the game and the trip home, my bad. I'll add you on aim next time i get on so we can figure this out haha
    shut up TGS
    good games today blueflamingo... youre crossunder mixup game was deadly.... hahaa... soo many crazy comebacks too (on both sides) hahahah... i was like OH SHIT NO WAY!!!!! but all in all, crazy fun games...
    [avatar by savaii64]
    yeah dude it was tons of fun... honestly i wanted to keep playing man but my friends are all giving me shit so I HAVE to go out drinking for a while lol. i either need to pregame more or not drink at all next time we play, i was in combo limbo lol. We play super similiar man its' crazy! ggs well do it again soon
    shut up TGS
  • sammasamma jeet kun don't Joined: Posts: 422
    Fuck, it's so frustrating to get zoned out as Sakura. It makes me the most frustrated I've ever been playing this game, seriously. Saks is cool tho..
    o.-
    theres only a few matchups I cant stand as sak, and being zoned is the main reason why -_-
    shut up TGS
  • RugedmanRugedman Worst in 505 Joined: Posts: 1,428
    Fuck, it's so frustrating to get zoned out as Sakura. It makes me the most frustrated I've ever been playing this game, seriously. Saks is cool tho..

I came to this realization when playing a 3 bar online match with someone from SRK and they were using Guile it was very frustrating for even when I did eventually get in to apply pressure I could not get my links going, do to lag it made me crazy mad.

Also I thought I'd put this here a put together a Sakura Custom just wanted to see what the Sak communtiy thinks http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=115479&page=514 it's at the very bottom of the page.
    "Pat, you are one of our worst players here, so keep quiet"Mamba quote
    Since this is an everything thread I'd like to come out and say I have finals retardation. 34 times I've been runner up with only 6 wins in G2. I'm like the Atlanta braves of Sakura. I don't know why. I often beat real tough competition to even make it to the finals and then instead of being hungry and going for the final like I did every match leading up to it, I become retarded.
    nice artwork on the stick!

and yeah that is frustrating man... lol @ the braves analogy
    shut up TGS
    Lakers baby!
    booo go Bulls!!!

hmm i had the worst sakura day yesterday... i kept losing all the time and when i was winning the doorbell rings!! gahh lol
  • HidamariiHidamarii Joined: Posts: 175
    Since this is an everything thread I'd like to come out and say I have finals retardation. 34 times I've been runner up with only 6 wins in G2. I'm like the Atlanta braves of Sakura. I don't know why. I often beat real tough competition to even make it to the finals and then instead of being hungry and going for the final like I did every match leading up to it, I become retarded.
    When I read that last night, I was going to quote you and say the same thing...I didn't have an analogy for it, but the same thing usually happens to me. I can go against a really good player in the build up, but then lose to someone really bad in the final :3

Apart from today, which has been quite good, I've won four out of the five finals I've been in!

The last one was close and I didn't really mind losing since I was only 9GP away from 6000 and I just wanted to get as far as semis and be done for the day so I could stop. But I didn't want to lose to a flowchart Ken in the semis, so I went to the finals against quite a good Ryu, which was quite close :)

I just checked my championship records and out and I've won just over a third of them, which was a nice suprise. (12w 20l)
    had fun in our online tourney last night, got to play 2 saks in tourney. My mixup game is getting better, but in the losers semi I choked out pretty bad against a ryu. Frustrating stuff :(
    shut up TGS
    had fun in our online tourney last night, got to play 2 saks in tourney. My mixup game is getting better, but in the losers semi I choked out pretty bad against a ryu. Frustrating stuff :(

Hey Blue, we need to get some matches in. I'll send you a FR today when I get off work. Just remember I am a Sakura and SF newb!
    sounds good, we can get some games in. Just know I'm really not very good IMO, I have a lot of big flaws so I dont' want to disappoint you ;_;
    shut up TGS
    sounds good, we can get some games in. Just know I'm really not very good IMO, I have a lot of big flaws so I dont' want to disappoint you ;_;

LOL! I wasn't kidding in my previous post. I was an MK nerd before SFIV. The last SF game I played before was EX2 plus Alpha and Alpha 3. :shake:

How much did you guys have to practice the Ex Tatsu >> Dash >> Ultra? I cannot do that at all. I've spent about 1hr after work a day for the past week trying to nail it and I've gotten it maybe twice.
    I still can't do it.

I'm a tekken player btw lol sf4 is the first sf i've played for more than like 2 hours total lol
    shut up TGS
    woot woot.. just hit g-1!!!!
    [avatar by savaii64]
    I still can't do it.

I'm a tekken player btw lol sf4 is the first sf i've played for more than like 2 hours total lol

Thats me too man played Tekken for a decade then when Remix came out I stopped playing DR and switched to 2d and then when I found out about T6 not coming to console I was real hurt so I said fuckem now I love SF and the community.

As far as hitting Ex Tatsu >> Dash >> Ultra I had some problems at first but I had a good friend who's amazin and he just told me I needed to slow it down so I did and then it was too slow for a while until I kept getting faster without compromising execution and now I hit it 95% offline less online depending on lag.
    honestly, I dont use ex tatsu > dash > ultra hardly ever. It leaves you a bit disadvantaged on wake up, and I'd rather go for a reset/mixup 95% of the time unless i'm POSITIVE i can kill the opponent with the ultra.
    shut up TGS
    But it's sooooo flashy at the end of a long combo too bad say good bye to doing any damage on top of leaving you at that disadvantage.
  • DivinusDivinus call me maybe Joined: Posts: 2,237
    How much did you guys have to practice the Ex Tatsu >> Dash >> Ultra? I cannot do that at all. I've spent about 1hr after work a day for the past week trying to nail it and I've gotten it maybe twice.

What I do is :r::hcb::qcb:, and doing the motion right after Sakura fully extends her leg from the last tatsu kick.

But no, I can't execute it perfectly either. Haha...I'll usually execute my Ultra the other way since I don't have time to practice the dash >> Ultra.
    AV created thru soshi power
    Get soshified, motherfuckers
    When I read that last night, I was going to quote you and say the same thing...I didn't have an analogy for it, but the same thing usually happens to me. I can go against a really good player in the build up, but then lose to someone really bad in the final :3

Apart from today, which has been quite good, I've won four out of the five finals I've been in!

The last one was close and I didn't really mind losing since I was only 9GP away from 6000 and I just wanted to get as far as semis and be done for the day so I could stop. But I didn't want to lose to a flowchart Ken in the semis, so I went to the finals against quite a good Ryu, which was quite close :)

I just checked my championship records and out and I've won just over a third of them, which was a nice suprise. (12w 20l)

I was going to say that your post gave me good luck. I was....In a small 1-1/2 hour sessions yesterday I won 4 tournaments and was runner up in 3. Got a good chunk of GP in a small time only to get.....yup....wait for it...."the last championship match did not conclude properly, you must start from the beginning"
    RASS 'OL RASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    you gotta do the trick everytime. Before you fight anyone going into ranking mode, watch a new replay, vote at least once in it, exit, then go on with your gaming session. I have NEVER had that message happen to me since I've done that.
    shut up TGS
    neone wanna get some games in? just msg me on PSN, my name is tovu on there
    sf4 sucks. after my local tourney tomorrow I'm going to take a break for a while.
    shut up TGS
  • HidamariiHidamarii Joined: Posts: 175
    Gawd

Every time I get a decent amount of CP in the semi-finals (like 30K+), I'll nearly always lose to somebody, regardless of how good or bad they may be. But when I have something low, I'll probably win.

I just came against a Sagat by "metal virgil" in the semis with about 36000CP with me, so I thought, here we go, a Sagat with 13kGP, I'm going to lose. Lost the first round, though it was quite close.

But, in the last few seconds, every time I was about to make an attack, like an EX Otoshi or something, the game would pause for a second...I thought, ehh, it's only one round, no biggy. The next two rounds, pretty much the same thing happens again, I think it was kinda obvious he had one of those lag switch things.

Normally, when it gets laggy, things still go along, just a lot choppier. This would pause and then resume normal speed.

I'm just glad I beat him, now I'm in the finals with 55000CP and ready to lose it to someone who only does jabs :D If I ever make a replay, God, I know it'll be appauling to look at.

Edit: awww, I just fell short of a replay. Just beat another Sagat, but he only had 3500GP :( At least it was a really bad, laggy match and would have been bad to watch :D
  • LunaKageLunaKage Dustloop's Noel Mod Joined: Posts: 559
    I got a question relating to Sakura and cammy
    in SF Alpha/Zero Sakura is 16
    in Street Fighter 2 Cammy is supposedly 19
    and the dolls were all around the age of 16 in SFA
    so cammy was about that age
    but Sakura was born in 1973
    and cammy was born in 1966
    so I find myself confused
    does anybody know what I'm missing here?
    I once watched a japanimation and in temporary insanity I committed sins against my church and my christ. NEVER AGAIN.
    OjouKage
    SF: Karin/Sakura
    T7: Lili/Asuka
  • CrazykatCrazykat Ooopsie!!! Joined: Posts: 243
    Better question is why does Sakura never age? Everyone else has... I need my game breaking tier ZZ Socks already!
    Super Turbo: Bison
    HD Remix: Bison & Dee Jay
    SSF4: Bison.
    SSF4 AE: Bison & Ken (Thanks T-Hawk)
    Kent: ULTRA THAT BITCH!!!!!
  • ExcelReaverExcelReaver Forever a scrub. Joined: Posts: 253
    Shytzoo, sunday before the tournament, some Sak vs Sak casuals?
    Excelsior!
    im down.... what time you getting to the event?
    [avatar by savaii64]
    Better question is why does Sakura never age? Everyone else has... I need my game breaking tier ZZ Socks already!

she doesn't age because they want to keep her a loli forever.
    shut up TGS
    she doesn't age because they want to keep her a loli forever.

which im totally ok with... grown up sakura with scars and and stuff with a serious attitude... uh uh... not for me. i love the clumsy sakura, and even in SF4 i miss her alpha intro where she comes running in and has to slide to a stop almost as if she was late to the match ahhaha
    [avatar by savaii64]
    shytzoo you should join our online tourney next week, they are fun!
    shut up TGS
    shytzoo you should join our online tourney next week, they are fun!

i may... my internet here has been weird as shit though... im gonna see if i can fix it before then.. keep me posted with details
    [avatar by savaii64]