Joplin Mo - Home of the crouching jab

Comments

• ShindrahShindrah I'd use Necro. Joined: Posts: 376
    Posting in this thread in hopes that new people, or even the oldies, in Joplin wanna play some fightan gaimz and we can hook up and play.

Currently I sorta play mk9 mvc3 and ssf4ae but I'm mainly waiting for 3SOE.

A lot of my friends are also waiting for 3SOE.
    The key to winning is consistency, consistency, consisency.
    3rd Strike: Necro SSF4: Viper
    BBCS: Hazama MVC3: Trish, Dr. Doom, C. Viper
  • sadsushisadsushi hmm Joined: Posts: 238
    The venue is in overland park, KS which is a short drive across the border and an insanely nice area to boot and no i don't have a ps3.
    need to check that out for sure....i miss playing people in person, only online anymore
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731
    Posting in this thread in hopes that new people, or even the oldies, in Joplin wanna play some fightan gaimz and we can hook up and play.

Currently I sorta play mk9 mvc3 and ssf4ae but I'm mainly waiting for 3SOE.

A lot of my friends are also waiting for 3SOE.

springfield is prolly your best bet- they got monday night weeklies
  • drunkninja42drunkninja42 My Little CvS Joined: Posts: 1,697
    springfield is prolly your best bet- they got monday night weeklies

Indeed we do. Also Saturday afternoon hookups, check our thread for all the info.
  • Drizzt Do'urdenDrizzt Do'urden get to work foo Joined: Posts: 220
    anyone from joplin going to the weekly in springfield tomorrow? I'm in mount vernon on business currently doing nothing tomorrow and wouldnt mind getting on some games but I'm currently without a ride I'd put up some gas money hit me up at 334-596-8915 my name is TJ
    (EMS) Bama Tournament Organizer
    PSN = Superkobun
    Tron main since 2000 and still going strong
    TJ I'd love to go to the springfield weeklies but not without some friends. When 3SOE comes out I'm more than sure my friends would be down to travel and play but before then I am unsure.
  • Drizzt Do'urdenDrizzt Do'urden get to work foo Joined: Posts: 220
    I dont live here I was just there for the night :-(
    (EMS) Bama Tournament Organizer
    PSN = Superkobun
    Tron main since 2000 and still going strong
  • AntKCAntKC Joined: Posts: 264
    "Screenland Showdown" Round 2 is next month. Clear your Saturday!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...showdown-round-2-north-kansas-city-mo.140688/
    I guess I'll play Bison.
  • robloxroblox Joined: Posts: 83
    Evil Rahsaan, Dieminion, Santhrax and IFC Yipes are confirmed coming to Screenland showdown. Come down to KC in august dudes, its gonna be a big one.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...showdown-round-2-north-kansas-city-mo.140688/
  • AntKCAntKC Joined: Posts: 264
    REMINDER!! "Screenland Showdown 2" is next weekend (Aug. 13-14) in Kansas City. Team EMP, Yipes, OMGItzAndre, Rex0r all in attendance. Come out and get bodied. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...mp-and-ifc-yipes-north-kansas-city-mo.140688/
    I guess I'll play Bison.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as SSF4:AE, SF 3S:OE, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, Melee, Brawl, BB:CS II, and more! Competitors are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-17-2011-ark-iv-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-bb-csii-melee-brawl-more-jacksonville-ar.137427/
    I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional SRK community as a whole. Thanks guys!
  • Triv SomarTriv Somar Joined: Posts: 184
    Haven't posted here in a long time but...

Weeks is out of the country, living in Indonesia eating sushi and shit.

Devil and I still live here, we made it through the big tornado back in May. Been focused on other things and haven't played any fighting games in forever but these last few weeks we started back up with SFIV and MVC3 (it's growing on me).

I saw Jackhammer on Week's facebook not too long ago, and I see Evil Ben at his work from time to time.

Joplin lives on, barely.
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    Team DIE 2K9: "You can be a real fucking douchebag sometimes." - Weeks, 7/21/09
  • theanimefan101theanimefan101 HYPE. BUTTON MASHING. SALTINESS Joined: Posts: 451
    hey guys just a heads up that wichita will be having its monthly tournament this saturday at 3:00 pm and is a single day event, here is the link for the event

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=111694085602211
    Follow our group on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/129209053830689/ so you can stay up to date about upcoming tournaments in wichita,ks
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
  • DeviltheEmperorDeviltheEmperor XBL ShinryuCam Joined: Posts: 356
    Well anyone else alive here?
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
  • CPhameCPhame 二次元の世界へ Joined: Posts: 1,033
    Whoa, long time no see! And glad to hear all of you guys are okay!
    digitalpugilist.com
    I'm alive, I bought umvc3 and scratched the disk to unreadability within two hours by knocking over my xbox, I'm pretty awesome.

My original mvc3 team was Trish/Doom/Viper.

Trish is my only character staying for sure in umvc3, other than that I guess the rest of my team is up for debate.

On a side note I've actually been streaming my self playing computer games, AND, I bought a capture card (allows you to stream console). Due to hours and hours of difficulties getting the thing to work on my old computer... I have not bothered to install it into my new computer yet.

But who knows maybe we can get a Joplin Stream going WOOO!

http://www.twitch.tv/phantaram

Here's my stream.
    I do like how we still get all these tourney invites.
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    snoop doggy dog and dr dre is at the door
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    Triv and Devil I still play UMVC3 a lot in training mode and every once in a while with a friend or 2. Add me on XBL if you ever wanna play. Marmaleg.

I actually mostly play Vergil/Dante/Wesker now, thinking of trying Wesker/Vergil/Taskmaster.

Heck I'd be willing to go to a tournament I have lots of money layin around.
  • BlackBeltStatusBlackBeltStatus Joined: Posts: 83
    expme2resize.png

Also $100 Pot bonuses for AE2012, UMVC3, and SFXT! stream will be provided by Zexerous and Nova. All games being played on 360 will have a dedicated stream station. Please RSVP on the Facebook Event too so i will have numbers to work with THANKS! pay out is determined by participants top 3 is guaranteed http://www.facebook.com/events/354541534565147/
  • HezronHezron Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey all from Joplin, I'm Hezron(Tyler my real name) I JUST now got into fighting games. I come from a pc gaming background emphasis on RTS, MOBA, and MMO. I love esports and picked up street fighter x tekken and am loving it. Nice to see a thread from joplin. Do you guys have any organized events every week or anything like that that I can eventually start coming to once I hone my game for a while?
  • HozantoHozanto Retired... Joined: Posts: 277
    Ben??? Any other 2000 JoMo members still reppin around here? Man, I'm getting old!
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well I finally have a full weekend off and I have nothing to do (aside from Borderlands 2) just figured I'd take a shot any see if anybody in Joplin is willing to host a hookup. Anyone is welcome to come to my place but I live in Pittsburg and can only have 3 people over (renting a room).
  • cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-2-2013-plenty-of-corn-decatur-in.174183

Your friends in Indiana are hosting a Street Fighter, Marvel, and Smash tourney in just under a month. Please take a look and consider! :)
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
    snoop doggy dog and dr dre is at the door

And my thread lives on
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    when i get a little lucre i'm gonna replace this stick/ deze buttons. then it's hookup time regularly, at dart's pad
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • theanimefan101theanimefan101 HYPE. BUTTON MASHING. SALTINESS Joined: Posts: 451
    Whats up guys, sorry for the late post, but i know that a few of you go to the tournaments in KC, we are hosting one this saturday and turnout is looking great, we have KC confirmed for attendance and a possibility of a few guys from oklahoma, hope you guys can make it out.

here is the link to the event page.

http://www.facebook.com/events/529537693731354/
    Follow our group on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/129209053830689/ so you can stay up to date about upcoming tournaments in wichita,ks
    Hey all, if we're looking to start weekly tourneys or hookups for casuals or something once a week, where can we have them?
    Weeks takes care of all that stuff, he's getting something together he tells me. Let you know soon.
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
    Cool, thanks guys. =)
  • pimp2303pimp2303 Joined: Posts: 385
    Just wanted to drop a line to see if there is anywhere to play close to coffeeyville, ks. I have heard that Joplin is only a 30 minute drive so is there anywhere to play here. I play or mess around with pretty much everything. I will be down here from Houston during the week for the next 2 months.
    Greatness only comes along so often.

You really need to get off of ur knees and stop suckin on Dick........
    Why don't u try spitting instead of swallowing.....all that sperm is getting to your head........
  • pimp2303pimp2303 Joined: Posts: 385
    Just wanted to drop a line to see if there is anywhere to play close to coffeeyville, ks. I have heard that Joplin is only a 30 minute drive so is there anywhere to play here. I play or mess around with pretty much everything. I will be down here from Houston during the week for the next 2 months.
    Greatness only comes along so often.

You really need to get off of ur knees and stop suckin on Dick........
    Why don't u try spitting instead of swallowing.....all that sperm is getting to your head........
    edited February 2013
    My good friend who is also new to the scene talked with the people that own Hurley's Heros here in town(a comic book shop that hosts some other stuff) said that we could have weekly meetups at their place. Its a great scene and its on main street so its pretty easy to find. What do you guys think?
    Starting in a couple weeks we'll start doing meetups at Hurley's Heroes! Question now is do you guys use xbox or PS3?
  • Disciple of RyuDisciple of Ryu The King of Iron Fist Joined: Posts: 759 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 2013
    My roommates are out of town so I can have a meetup at my place in Pittsburg if anyone is interested. Around 3:00 PM Sunday would probably work. I have Tekken Tag 2, Ultimate Marvel 3, Street Fighter AE, Street Fighter x Tekken (no dlc characters), King of Fighters 13, and Soul Calibur V for PS3. My preference is Tag 2 but I'm butt at all games so I'll play anything. I have to work today but I'll get back to you when I get home. No drinking please.
    Post edited by Disciple of Ryu on
    Did anything ever happen with the Hurley's Heroes thing? A date and time was never posted so I assumed it never went down. Anywho, I'm inviting anyone to come to my place. Started a thread for it but not a single person looked at it so I figured I'd post it here ><. I'm calling my hookup the "Mishima Beatdown Institute."

Where: Crimson Villa Apartments. 1904 S Rouse Street, Pittsburg, Kansas 66762 (message me for apt #)
    When: Every Sunday
    Time: 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
    Games: Tekken, Marvel 3, whatever
    Contact Info: Chris @ (417) 483-6206
    PSNID: Chris_Mishima

Anyone is welcome regardless of skill level. I'm a total scrub myself. No drinking or smoking and let's not be so loud I get in trouble, lol. I can only have a maximum of 12 people in my tiny apartment at a time. Probably won't be an issue but just remember to always check to make sure a hookup in happening and that there is room before driving down. I personally have a big screen tv (ST50) a 32' Samsung and my 20 inch computer monitor for hookups. If lag is an issue for you you might want to bring your own setups. Ideally I'd like everyone to take turns playing the same game together instead of fragmenting off to different setups but that might not be realistic. I have a Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 for use. I only have Soul Calibur 4 and Dead or Alive 4 for the Xbox though, lol. For the Playstation 3 I have Dead or Alive 5, Mortal Kombat, Playstation All Stars, Soul Calibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter 4: AE, King of Fighters XIII, Tekken Tag 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 3. Personally I like Tekken Tag 2 the most but I'm down to play whatever people want. Unless it's Skull Girls... a man must have standards.
    Hey all! Thought id try this again, looking to start up a scene here. Anyone interested in starting a meet up somewhere sometime leavr a reply we'll work something out.
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    A2QPUy4.png

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
    The Spring Showdown will take place on Saturday April 11th, 2015 in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
    Holiday Inn Downtown Des Moines - 1050 6th Ave, Des Moines, Iowa 50314

REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT NOW!
    ---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

The official registration page is live! You have over a month to register! There will only be a VERY limited late registration at the event. 99% of people should register through the payitsquare form. There is a special $5 venue fee for early bird signup until March 28th. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THIS EVENT USING THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT.

---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---