Joplin Mo - Home of the crouching jab

Comments

• ShindrahShindrah I'd use Necro. Joined: Posts: 376
    You know after I joined shoryuken I thought maybe joining other forums for other video games I play was a good Idea. I was wrong.

Shoryuken, Dustloop, and maybe 2 or 3 starcraft forums are the only forums I will ever join.
    The key to winning is consistency, consistency, consisency.
    3rd Strike: Necro SSF4: Viper
    BBCS: Hazama MVC3: Trish, Dr. Doom, C. Viper
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shoryuken, Dustloop, and maybe 2 or 3 starcraft forums are the only forums I will ever join.

lol for some reason this makes me laugh
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    lol for some reason this makes me laugh

Really those forums might not even be classified as starcraft forums, more as competitive computer game forums that are just dominated by starcraft players.

Any real starcraft forum is dominated by the 15-17 year olds that love lore and when gameplay, balance, or stuff like that is brought up they give the wrong answers and are just plain idiots.
    i guess the idea of you posting on 3 separate forums, each dedicated to starcraft, seemed a little much for me
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • DeviltheEmperorDeviltheEmperor XBL ShinryuCam Joined: Posts: 356
    Starcraft is gay.
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
  • Triv SomarTriv Somar Joined: Posts: 184
    Starcraft is gay.

And believe me folks, this guy would know what gay is.

Weeks: what am I, pizza delivery boy? Just need my 86 Corolla. Take me higher!
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    Team DIE 2K9: "You can be a real fucking douchebag sometimes." - Weeks, 7/21/09
    thanks for the pizza, i'll get you back (dawg)
    when is seth going to come play again? does he prefer beating scrubs online to live comp!?
    -Churchill
    thanks for the pizza, i'll get you back (dawg)
    when is seth going to come play again? does he prefer beating scrubs online to live comp!?

It's how he gets wins homes! Gotta protect that 46th ranking nigga! :looney:

GG, Joplin owning our thread....July 11th, I think? Is the next monthly.

@Aks: We be playing at Axioms.

YOU HEAR THAT KIDS? July 11th. So ask whoever owns you, be it your boss, your wife, your parents, your internet mistress, if they'll let you have that day off so the JoMos can gogo and collectively get our asses handed to us!
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    Fantastic footage of seth after a night of c viper suckage

"Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
    that guy has to be acting. there's no way that's real.
    -Churchill
    This video however is real, this was me a few years back when I had a problem with nose candy.

Crowbar or not, I'd make sure the only thing that ******'s swinging would be a noose after that. Soleben, where do you find this shit?

GAMES TONIGHT OR VAT? Those in the know, call me Tokyo.
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    Fantastic footage of seth after a night of c viper suckage

Those kids got a lot of money for that actually, just because stupid websites host them on their front page.
    Are you kidding me
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Soleben, where do you find this shit?

I've known about that video for years, I even used a portion of it in a high school senior video I had to make. If you want to see the greatest video ever check out this one
    Well it has started. First...mash spfd. Second...mash kc. Last...stl. Long road boys. Get crackin.
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
    I've known about that video for years, I even used a portion of it in a high school senior video I had to make. If you want to see the greatest video ever check out this one

How the heck did that not get deleted the second it was put on youtube 0_0
    Hookup at my place tonight.
    Everyone is welcome to play. We'll have crouching fierces, Tigers, fight money - bring your friends!

Come get some games. I'm not gonna call everyone and invite them individually, but show up sometime between 6pm - 2am and you'll have competition
    -Churchill
    I shall be there around 7:30, maybe a tid bit later, church and all.

Get ready for some suck because I finally got bored of online, I'll go through some rigorous training mode until church and it will probably all come back to me pretty quick.
    Official KC Tourney Thread:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196214

JULY 11th
    That's two weekends from this weekend. Drop your socks and grab your cocks ladies (blimey!) because myself and Weeks are going there, how about the rest of you?

Seth, it's only a day's trip to and back, you should try to go.

Corey, Soleben, I won't lie, I'm honestly not expecting you guys to end up going, but the invite is still open. If you boys want to level up and learn a lot, this is the place.
    No Limit Soldier2K1

JULY 11th
    That's two weekends from this weekend. Drop your socks and grab your cocks ladies (blimey!) because myself and Weeks are going there, how about the rest of you?

Corey, Soleben, I won't lie, I'm honestly not expecting you guys to end up going, but the invite is still open. If you boys want to level up and learn a lot, this is the place.

Whats that? Blazblue will be there? ok

Well dang I would be spending 30$, better do good!

Avatar: The Last Airbender <--- THE MOVIE! M. Night Shyamalan is directing it.
    <--- trailer

So yeah I plan on watching the whole anime by the time the movie comes out. (summer 2010 lewl)
    I think there's only around 75 episodes unless the website I'm streaming from doesn't have them all.

Edit: Doh, mixed my church nights up, I'll be over around 8:00- 8:30
    Thanks for coming out guys. There was a lot of sloppiness on the part of Devil and Shindrah last night. Let's get past that execution barrier eh?
    -Churchill
  • Rex0rRex0r Do smart stuff Joined: Posts: 2,731

JULY 11th

Oh man fuck sf4 its that blazblue cake ima be coming for.

Litchi gonna knock yo ass in the head wit her staff.

"Her staff"? Is that another Bridgette type character? :wtf:

Good games last night guys.
    Weeks wrote:
    There was a lot of sloppiness on the part of Devil and Shindrah last night. Let's get past that execution barrier eh?

I seem to remember you missing a few cr. jab, jab, short-headbutts too :tup: You're right though, we all need to practice our execution; those sloppy matches we recorded made me realize this. There were quite a few times I could have put one or two of you away with a simple SRK-Metsu-hado, and I remember Seth missing his Seismic to Ultra a few times against me that would have shut me out.

We all need to work on two things: execution, and patience. I saw a lot of "random" headbutts and SRK's tossed out on wake-up or in corners hoping to get lucky. That's sloppy and a sign of impatience; we need to sharpen our minds and learn to wait instead of throwing out random X move hoping it hits.

And mashed SRK's between block strings are not random. Just because it surprised your scrub ass doesn't mean it's "random" :devil:
    No Limit Soldier2K1

I will probably be going for mainly blazblue too at this point.

I'm probably gonna play Arakune.

Other possibilities are Jin, Taokaka, and just maybe Carl.
    if(when) i get good enough i wanna bust out carl on some non-stl players. Got that gone-ah-ria clap.
    For Weeks and Shindrah, at 33 seconds in:
    No Limit Soldier2K1
  • AxioMAxioM Zap yo dumbass. Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Sup guys? You coming to MAX OUT on the 11th? In case you haven't seen the thread, Here it is.

Weeks? Jude? Triv? Who's going to make it? First local Blazblue tourney also.
    Sup guys? You coming to MAX OUT on the 11th? In case you haven't seen the thread, Here it is.

Weeks? Jude? Triv? Who's going to make it? First local Blazblue tourney also.

lol post-whoring much? :smile: I posted above, myself and Weeks will probably do it, we're trying to get our resident future Blazblue player to come too. PS Jude is from Witchita :razz: Dun worry, someone will be there!

Weeks, we gaming tonight? Seth, you coming out if we do?
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    gaming tonight. hmmmm maybe, depends on how tired i get
    -Churchill
    gaming tonight. hmmmm maybe, depends on how tired i get

LOL I called it. Cammy can testify.
    (NOW TESTIFY! And it's right outside your door now TESTIFY!)

Cams (and Ben?): 48:00 in, Tekken 6 baby, this is what to expect.
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1693585
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    you guys don't need me to play, there are other locations
    -Churchill
    We need sticks:shake:
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    Do you like your sticks to be hard and long?
    Do you like your sticks to be hard and long?

jail nigga......u gay
    I wonder if the first kick hits in that ultra set-up. If it is really a kara It shouldn't.

Not only does it move you forward but it's good to use anywhere so you can buffer it and not hit them with a friggin jab.

There are like 2 or 3 other versions of kara demons but that one definitely looks the best.
    Playing again soon?
    "Pain is an illusion"
    Team No Limits since 2k2
    RIP Billy Mays.
    No Limit Soldier2K1
    I wonder if the first kick hits in that ultra set-up. If it is really a kara It shouldn't.

Not only does it move you forward but it's good to use anywhere so you can buffer it and not hit them with a friggin jab.

There are like 2 or 3 other versions of kara demons but that one definitely looks the best.

The nice thing about it is even if you miss the "true kara" or whatever you can STILL cancel it. AKA got my balrog when he first found out u can cancel any move into demon by just throwing out sweeps randomly. So i did a ex rush punch and when i ate the c.hk he canceled to demon for damage :looney:

Allen had some ideas about using it vs characters that can duck and punish the s.hk. So if you know the player will duck and punish, his idea is that you could potentialy cancel the s.hk into the demon and if timed right will grant invincibility threw there attack. Dunno if it works but its an interesting idea. And then obviously if you do it into super demon thats free.
    Tuesday can't come any faster. I tried calling Gamestop but they are closed on sundays or just aren't taking phone calls, so yeah I don't know if they are having a midnight release for Blazblue or not here.

So you can cancel any normal with demon? and if you hit them with a normal when they have armor.... wow that's deadly.
    There is a 0% chance that gamestop has a midnight release for that game. You'll be the only person in Joplin buying it.