"Critique My Akuma!" Video Blog Thread

Comments

• forbiddentechniqueforbiddentechnique Joined: Posts: 109
    Lol, you generally want to contain her and lock her down, throw more fireballs instead of relentless knockdown pressure, because you lose a lot of life trying to go in solely on normals. Lost this match more so due to impatience. If you just watched the player, he wasn't willing to commit to blocking the majority of the time. He was very active and very button happy. In fact if you re watched the match the matches you chucked more fireballs, you did better in. Never forget the basics.
    ~ We are Forbidden Technique.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,904
    too many backdashes, dropped/unoptomized combos, and I've never fought Elena offline before this...anything else guys?

Not going to lie I think Elena is a bad match up.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,855
    LoyalSol wrote: »

Too early to call right now. I play against two Elena users over here and it really is a chore of a matchup though. The metagame when they choose U2 is really irritating also. Patience is definitely needed against her though I think we can peg this as even for now until more is understood about how things play out.

That high/low game is pretty damn annoying, though perhaps not near as grating as her character voice. Yeesh.
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • ShabroutShabrout Joined: Posts: 1,448
    Ho yeah, I wish new chars could shut da fuck up sometimes. Does old chars talk recklessly like that the entire round ? for every fucking normal, whiff, hit etc...

Might be my imagination, but they're annoying.
    edited August 2014
    Gamogo wrote: »

Too early to call right now. I play against two Elena users over here and it really is a chore of a matchup though. The metagame when they choose U2 is really irritating also. Patience is definitely needed against her though I think we can peg this as even for now until more is understood about how things play out.

That high/low game is pretty damn annoying, though perhaps not near as grating as her character voice. Yeesh.

The thing is if they use U1 they can punish sweep from a lot of practical ranges. Yet if they use U2 they have the annoying heal factor.

But IMO I think Akuma can't really zone her well and his buttons are unsafe or can't hit her very well.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • VolcanicAkuma55VolcanicAkuma55 Joined: Posts: 1,991
    edited August 2014
    @Gamogo‌ yes sometimes I do the DF slide on purpose, other times its me hitting the DF throw too late
    SF main: Akuma
    not wannabe, GUNNA BE pro. just need more practice.
    FIX AKUMA AND GOUKEN'S MUSIC IN USF4. WE DONT NEED 3 VERSIONS OF RYU'S THEME
    The thing is if they use U1 they can punish sweep from a lot of practical ranges. Yet if they use U2 they have the annoying heal factor.

But IMO I think Akuma can't really zone her well and his buttons are unsafe or can't hit her very well.

Yep. One Elena opponent I play against is a U1 guy, the other U2. I'm generally quite conservative with sweep now, though I was not aware it could be U1 punished - thanks for the heads-up. U1 Elenas tend to be more offense oriented from what I have seen, U2 errs in favour of a pokey spacing game.

U2 makes for a dull fight. One fork in the road is for Elena to focus absorb wherever possible to build it up while doing battle, score a knockdown as they reach low life and then heal up and often run the clock. *Sometimes* we can U1 punish her healing provided we are sufficiently close though if they do so after scoring a UTK, this is ill-advised. Another alternative is to simply stash one bar of meter so we can blast out an EX flip as she heals. If we are within 2/3 - 1/2 of a screen away its a free combo from dive dive kick - any further out she can often recover in time to block, so we need to flip grab instead.

I find backdashing against her effective, likewise focus charging (sometimes) on wake-up and trying to react to a 50/50 she may try. I find reacting to EX Rhino-horn difficult, though it may just be me though I'm curious if we can stuff this with fs.hp like Fei's chicken wing. Its definitely something I need to lab out, as the same approach VS Fei I find very effective. If done sufficiently late, I've managed to cause it to whiff with c.mk cancelled into U1 also.

Her hitbox allows a decent conversion from c.mk xx ball FADC > fs.hk, c.lp xx lk tatsu > sweep which actually has legitimate use against her though I find being close enough for our poor c.mk to be useful like this rare as I'm often at a distance to react to slides or her mk overhead. On this subject - she has a very wide hitbox which allows cs.mk to execute at a deceptively far distance. Definitely a go-to for me from c.mp confirms.

Anybody else have difficulty discerning her stand/crouch state sometimes? As above, I've found myself opting for confirming into cs.mk JUST to ensure she is actually in a position for me to fully combo, though this is perhaps just an experience thing at this stage.

I wouldn't consider it a bad matchup, just a really irritating one where a lack of patience will cause Akuma players major problems. Another thing to keep in mind is our own vitality if she is rocking U2 - her ability to heal extends the battle to the point where it can become a battle of attrition for Akuma players. You need a little extra gas in the tank if she manages to claw back a usable amount of health to keep in the game.

Oh, as an experiment I run Dhalsim against her as a means to test the waters for her U2's strategy component. Sim essentially denies her ability to use it effectively (and often to her detriment) which was interesting. Sim's matchups are often very black and white and Elena from what I can tell so far appears to go OK against her which I felt revealed some interesting things about the matchup for Akuma.
    Guacamole is awesome.
    omg, i despise her stand/crouch state animations
  • KawaiipatchKawaiipatch Joined: Posts: 9
    My First day Ever playing Akuma here is one of my matches. BIG ENDING :D

Won my first Ultra tournament. Vids to follow.
    But first, here's the only streamed match from last night's weekly.

edited August 2014
    Vids from the tournament. Def some sloppy play here, missed links, dropped combos, didn't take advantage of opportunities

• BlooDrencheDBlooDrencheD Joined: Posts: 53
    Congrats VocanicAkuma for winning the tourney!

What ive noticed from your games is that you are always and constantly nervous!(Just like me:P) To overcome that i try to have a good gameplan and watch for reads. I sometimes would forget that im actually competing and focus on my opponent(its like a game within a game!). So when i have all the info i need,im relaxed and i can do what i have to do!

This helped me alot

What you really need to improve is your neutral game/footsies. In a lot of situations you lost life beacuse you random DF, air FB and etc in the neutral! Doing nothing some times is like doing alot of things. Its giving you the opportunity to observe your opponent!

On the Abel match up i prefer u2 to get out of his strings/pressure. Im just outside his step kick range and play the neutral game. He really sucks at it. Kill him with vortex as soon as you get the chance!USF4 is a game that doesnt like Akumas U1(gives a lot of meter and Rfocus combos really scale). W-ULTRA if you can get a very specific read vs your opponent/jumpy.(You should really use U1 for the kill though).

Other than that you won! You pay for the beers now! :)
  • ClxJamesClxJames Still A Beginner... Joined: Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    Got a match set uploading right now against a good Ken from Steam. Be posting that soon.

Some things to remember:
    - Haven't played in a good year or two
    - I never do well against confident rush down Kens
    - I'm scrub

And also; hi, it's been awhile

Post edited by ClxJames on
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
  • DurandDurand Keyonsdad Joined: Posts: 54
    Congrats VolcanicAkuma for winning that tourney.
    Semper Fidelis
    Does anyone have any other critiques for my matches?
    Anyone of them in particular Volcanic?
    Abel, Decapre, and Yun
  • bisheuVNRbisheuVNR Joined: Posts: 5
    Hello VolcanicAkuma,

My level is very far away from yours but i can try to give you my feelings on the abel (final) games.

Abel is unsafe after his step kick on block; you did a lot of good dp at the begining to punish it.
    After several rounds he started to be able to block your dp in this situation because the step kicks came from a longer range (so unpunishable with dp). Some big punishes / abel "vortex" wake up game you take came from a whiff dp. So when he figured out that you can dp after the step kick you should start to mix (by throwing him, get a counter hit etc...).

Also are you sure that ultra1 is a good choice ? I see that you want to use it whith tricky dp->red focus >fadc. but in this video i saw a lot of combo that you can finish with U2. all the great far HK -> close HP you've landed for example. : )

On the very last round before the reset (@ 10'10), he lands 2 cross up jumps on your wake up: i didn't understand why you didn't block it. Does abel has a tricky jump from this position to make us believe that he will land in front ?

Those videos was really good and I like to learn from the others !

Thank you !

edited September 2014
    Got 3rd this week

this was a mess. (Note the whiff LP SRKs were meant to be c.LP into DF). also shoulda teleported out more

so shouldve had this one

1st match, 2nd round was supposed to combo into EX tatsu, but got Teleport smh. Also got too Air FB happy in one of the later rounds

this was bad

12:47 is the one.
    90% of the time when I fight this guy, this is how it goes. What can I do?

anything to add to my observations, guys?
    Post edited by VolcanicAkuma55 on
    Ibuki OS TP if you haven't a better setup, but OS something. Like commentator said, best defense against kinai okizeme is focus, but you have to master it though.
    It's not focus dash out instantly it's delayed dash out. and you need to be good at reversaling that focus. She have an answer to this but it's still better than eat it all.
    Do not drop your combos :) This match would've been way better if you haven't dropped these combos.
    You guys got any other advice, particularly for Makoto?
    edited September 2014
    Abuse the mess out of cr.mp strong buffered into fireball if you are going to stay on the ground. Cr.mk works well against makoto's stand strong. If you have time or advantage to press st.hk, one of the best in the match up. You must give her space. This is a counter poke war if you want to survive. as you counter poke and deter her from closing in mindless then employ your ground fireballs. She will then axe more often, stick to DP only, don't just standing normals as the arc and axe will stuff that shit. Otherwise stay very very mobile. Don't stay on the ground too long, don't stay in the same spot to long. Air fireball low to the ground and do slow ones so she isn't as aggressive. In the video generally you played the match all wrong. However it is to be said, every akuma forgets about this match up, and NO akuma likes play it. hope this helps. Oh yeah after blocked ex punch, lk tatsu, DP.

Here's a video

another way to play the match up

Post edited by forbiddentechnique on
    edited September 2014
    Thanks. Any tips for Fuerte and Ibuki?

Also, U1 or U2 for Makoto?
    Makoto I would say, get down that cr.lk xx tatsu frame perfect punish for hayate on block. This is a game changer.
    Focus her jump ins is a good tool, Axe kick got some nasty recovery so you don't risk much trying to crumple her. (Don't show her you gona use that though...).
    I would not use U1 because, when do you land that ? Blocked ex Hayate ? Not gona bet on that. U2 have so much way to land, combo, protected TP out, punish her hayate OS against your TP, etc.
    edited September 2014
    Finally got the GUTS matches:

0:00

Kinda sloppy

23:44

This Hakan put me into losers with gimmicks and I kept rushing in when he had oil. This went much better.

15:07

Should have had this one, air FBs fucked me up. Shabrout did a writeup on this already, but you guys are more than welcome to add anything you see.

22:44

We accidentally plugged into the separate console used for Marvel, thus leading to a big WTF moment. Couldn't get my DPs out, not a lot went right here. Not even a 0-16 marathon against Nuckledu's Cammy helped me.

Oh, and I kept forgetting that cr.mk > spiral arrow IS NOT A TRUE BLOCKSTRING.

Your input is always appreciated guys.
  • oX Ajay XooX Ajay Xo I'm chilling Joined: Posts: 131
    edited September 2014
    I'll talk about your match with Sabin.

Good Stuff
    • Anti Air's were very good. It was like probably 95% success rate.

• Execution was nice. Great use of cs.MK and fs.HP.

• Spacing was good. It felt you were at the right ranges to avoid the slide.

Bad stuff
    • You didn't challenge Sabin's strings into Soul Spiral once. There are ways to beat to this i.e. whiff fs.LK. Tokido is well known for this tactic. You could also challenge it via DP or U1/U2. We saw Eita challenging Luffy's Soul Spiral strings at EVO 2014 via U2. I understand its very risky but challenging your opponents and making them hesitate is always a good thing.

• That super at 17:49 was cheeky. Its something I personally wouldn't of done but it connected and you scored damage. However, one problem is that Sabin used DWU which prompted the 'technical' message to come up. You didn't confirm this as I could tell you went into auto pilot mode and try to do a TK Air fireball setup. Recall that when one someone uses DWU on Akuma's U1/Super it is instantly recognisable during his pose. Luckily you messed up, otherwise Sabin would of punished your recovery.

• At 17:59, when Sabin activated U2, why did you walk straight into the orbs? I don't know why you did this?

• Just some patterns I noticed among your gameplay. Whenever you blocked one of Sabin's specials, you retaliated with your own specials. Most of them being fireballs. For example:
    At 20:52: Sabin does Soul Spark > You do Teleport
    At 21:00: Sabin does Soul Spark again > You do EX.Fireball
    At 21:19: Sabin does Soul Spiral > You walk back and do red Fireball
    At 21:32: Sabin does Sould Spark once again > and you do EX Fireball which gets jumped on. I am inclined to say that Sabin was setting this up because the jump in he did had no hitconfirm (i.e. it wasn't a random jump in). Mixing up your patterns/habits is key dude. Everything you do will be used against you. You could turn this momentary weakness into a strength by continuing to perform your specials after you block his specials but do it so it has a meaning i.e. you're trying to learn how quick he picks up patterns? when he has picked it up, what will be his response?

I just got back from work so let me get back to you on this.
    Nevertheless, well played man. Glad to see you're getting exposure to high level play.

ugh...somehow I got 5th this week...these vids aren't pretty

pretty much nothing went right. Input errors, dropped combos, not ready for certain stuff, caught flat-footed, etc.

edited October 2014
    @VolcanicAkuma55‌

The makoto set was a lot of missed anti-airs and a lot of commitment. I mean the makoto wasn't on the ground longer than 10 secs he was jumping so much. You need to spot that out before committing to anything especially a red fireball. You started adapting but a little too late.

Now I think the ryu match we can all learn a lot from. And this is establishing Oki.

Now remember every decision you make will affect your games in the future. Now while it's always awesome start off the first round but you give your opponent a lot of information with a lot of the hard reads you did.

First round you told the ryu you are willing to jump.* That it's not ok to jump after an air fireball, you are capable of baiting, And you don't always anti-air in neutral you rather anti-air with a "low forward trip guard attempt."*

Now watch the ryu's adapt the 2nd part. He now starts off with a bait. You see it and alter your jump however you still get thrown.
    You guys ended into a bit of a scramble after a low forward anti-air again. and He didn't press advantage he wanted for you to establish your neutral, which so far you showed no signs of and end up getting thrown in the corner.

Now in the corner. Your defense is very poor throughout the set however you started to block and then get anti-aired so you showed that you like to jump in the corner and your opponent can counter that which is something you should have took note of because against ryu that means ultra and you can't take that risk in a later round.

You end getting hit and he closed out the round with a good jump back in case of teleport and a fairly safe option meaty fireball against akuma with no u2 stocked.
    You gave out that your default option is to crouch guard block*. You jump in the corner, and you don't actually punish jump in's with an anti-air.

Next round you throw a fireball, but your opponent did not respond with a fireball waiting on yours. He jumps and you anti-air. So due to the first round he knows not to throw too many fireballs.

You play this 3rd round very well getting your knockdown and capitalizing to the greatest extent possible. Because he realize you can bait so it's best just to block as you never threw him on wake up.

But then the knockdown ends... and everything you showed before comes back to haunt. Remember you showed not much of neutral other than fireballs and you showed that you do jump. That being said opponent punished extremely hard.

This almost evens the match but not quite but this situation in the corner is almost guaranteed because remember...

You like to crouch guard at first... So he misses a meaty fireball but goes for an immediate overhead because of that first option you showed. He then waits first to see your response and you again jump back, which he is again ready for because he saw it previously. Revealing this twice to him and he definitely "knows" that habit of yours.

Know remember... he only saw you crouch guard, so he went for a throw, and you back dashed.

He went back to crouching and waiting LOOKING for your jump because at this point this is all you showed in the corner and when you did he was again ready for it. Note how he went for a tatsu and then crouch tech in response to your low forward guard to avoid the tatsu.

you got out with that however the scramble occurs at the end and he takes with a pretty well placed fireball but it happened before so why not again right.

Now this round for the ryu is basically a "put it all together round"

No fireballs, anti-air instead, He doesn't anti-air so tatsu, and complete the punish on the low forward trip guard instead, This is the first time your in his knockdown sequence now after a sweep... and you DP. He kept it safe. However he drops the combo but he understands so far the information he gathered is spot on.

wakes up with crouch guard because their were no throws on your part. He was correct. Goes for the reversal red fireball as you cannot jump punish and he guards again, assuming a jump but a tatsu came instead, punished the tatsu, goes for the overhead expecting the crouch guard, teleport comes instead, he sweeps knowing you DP'd earlier and that didn't work, he tried his luck with a meaty throw because you didn't tech but you always crouch guard and it works. Goes for another cross up tatsu, blows up a focus back dash I'm assuming.

He guards again and throws a very hard to react to red fireball, and then guards again awaiting jumps, it jumps, he air to airs expecting a air fireball, he would have been right even if he came as the information and lack of adaption to his adaption has yet to come.

Once you put it all together it is easy to see why this round was so convincing.

Note in this final round, he literally refuses to throw the first fireball.
    As you start to play more of a ground game with fireballs and normals, then he feels more comfortable to chuck fireballs.
    Now once you start playing he picks an excellent spot to empty jump and punishes the failed DP.

Notice he gets more comfortable chucking more fireballs as he saw a lot of your play. He starts chucking only red fireballs or light fireballs to make sure he doesn't get jumped on too often and he only crouch guards in neutral from a far expecting only jumps and sweeps.

He chooses very strange jumps to throw off your anti-air because you proved early that you can anti-air the basic jump ins... but not so much the strange ones like empty jumps or a true answer to the air tatsu.

He again goes for the over head because you crouch guard on default; you teleport again he punishes it again. Meaty fireball again and then crouch guard, expecting the jump again and it comes. Ex fireball again so he does get jumped on again. Empty jumps, a lot of a baits and crouch guards, you demon flip instead, he wasn't ready so I would assume he doesn't have the best reactions.

You try to make something happen but he doesn't really commit to anything. You fireball he air tatsu's again expecting no risks. That's the set. With yet another convincing round.

"Download complete" as they say but it's important to realize how the "download" happens. First off it took him about a round and a half to get that information. And it should tell you something about always staying conscious of each decision and how it can affect you. His overall adaption was really stop throwing fireballs at mid screen and wait for jumps. He had other reads like poor anti-air choices and the jumping in the corner but that's all he changed.

So learn that if you establish something you might want to try to see what they are going for as well. You don't always want to go for "set play" right off the bat because it gives quite a bit away. You want to learn how to truly establish a neutral game, because remember once you showed him you will play a neutral game, then he started chucking fireballs again not enough but enough to show that he will commit if you commit. Also Oki runs deep lol. A lot deeper than you expected I'm sure you will now realize with this breakdown. So you need a bit of work establish a lot of game for these types of sets. But most importantly Observe your opponent. Really take note on what he's trying to do and slowly or very quickly force your game on to him.

If you wanted to rush him down you should have seen what he wanted to do 2nd round, before trying to go in immediately. If you paid attention and saw the bait. You would have been ready to start a fireball game and bait more fireballs to then go in yet again and set play him to death. He would have been less prepared for the download in that set.

You should run a long set against the makoto. He just seems to know what you like to do and knows how you don't anti-air consistently. So just run a long set with him to learn that match up. Good luck!
    damn, @forbiddentechnique‌ , you are too good to me.
    edited October 2014
    Not really lol. I'm a good analyst. It's my day job. So going back to matches and figuring out issues is what I do pretty well. I enjoy analyzing footage more than playing the game itself sometimes lol. And I only really play for the strategy of the game or to play good players. I'm just one of those unheard of endless dudes now... Oh. I have an xbox live now. It's FT DamDocta. I don't go on much because my connection isn't strong so I don't feel right playing. However I can show you some stuff in online training mode if you want @VolcanicAkuma55‌. Just hit me up in my PM so we can setup a time. That's for anyone. I'm not good because I lack execution and experience. However I know a bit. So I'm willing to help. Also I need to steal some of your setups if you don't mind lol xP. Hit me up if you are down.
    edited October 2014

A playlist I am putting together of online matches as I play them. Weren't many losses in my battle log which is upsetting because critiques on losses tend to yield better suggestions for improvement

Also, I'm super hype about Resistance 3 in Stratford CT on the 18th! It's gonna be the first major tournament I go to in 4 years (Navy schedule finally allows me some time to get my gaming on). I am pretty sure I will 0-2 but I'll have fun doing it
    Post edited by ClxJames on
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
    YO HOLY SHIT. I MIGHT BE GOING TO THAT. Would be awesome to finally meet you in person.
    It would be great. We can get some sets in and you can beat me and then I'll get salty and blame it on lag even though it's local casuals
    Got bodied at Resistance 3. Here's the tape

I fucked up combos. Missed punishes. Let people get away with jump ins. List goes on. Even in casuals I wasn't playing like I normally do
    edited October 2014
    Got 7th at Resistance 3. Matches are in order.

vs JBeats

vs K-Brad

I'm not so much pissed that I lost as I am that I did almost NOTHING. Also I let the guys put the idea of Double Ultra in my mind cuz Kbrad knows how to punish teleport even with U2. And there was a moment where I could have U2d his dive kick.

vs Qusai

vs Headbanger

vs Cliffeside (19:46)

Idk what happened here. I was just obsessed with s.hk for some reason and in the 2nd match, I just lost my balls.

vs Glitch (1st match)

head to 2:46 for the moment that I lost the set. I lost my confidence in the punish for just a second, and I never regained the initiative.

As always, your insights are much appreciated.
    edited October 2014
    I can see your game improved a lot.
    I'm not so okay with always quick rise Cammy. If you don't, she lose the jump in setup and the OS, for a safer TP out or even easier blocking.
    edited October 2014
    I would say against K-Brad you showed fear and he went in like a Tiger. One of the hardest things to do against a top player is to push them back and play your game. You have to demonstrate you can stop what they are doing. It's not easy to do either, but the minute you start getting on your back foot you'll find you just end up snowballing immediately.

Also you need to learn some better movement. You tend to get locked into one pathway.
    That's a problem I saw as I watched his match at R3. Same goes for me. When I play a guy I know is better, I let then walk all over me and I don't get to play my game. Comes down to nerves I guess. But Mike had a strong showing
    It's that time of the week again, guys. Got 3rd this week (including a win over Kevin's Makoto)

Never got my game going. Missed punishes. Could've chipped him out with DP one round, but had a brain fart.

A lot of missed stuff here.
    Makoto :
    You have some opportunities to use jump late fireball to catch all those wake up grab, and reflex grab that Makoto was doing everytime you landed near her. Seeing she didn't try to anti air much.
    I would also like to see some new blockstring hit confirm that could make the opponent react instead of just block. Instead of always cr.mp on landing or cr.lk/cr.lp you could cr.lk, st.lk, cr.mp/cl.MK.

Add some diversity and gives a bit more hitstun.
    Good job again, nice air hado pressure.
    edited November 2014
    Got 2nd at the Monthly this weekend. Most of it involved me trying my damnedest to lose my matches...and then I succeeded.

Too many sweeps and jumping.

Was considering using U2 at the first match.

Terrible fireballs and execution

Your inputs are always appreciated, guys.
    Justin typically makes me look free, so I'm good with how this played out. In the last round I properly baited his Psycho Sting but didn't punish with Demon >_>

So with Rich, I made a critical error. Played him way too much during casuals. I beat his first three characters then he ran a 20 match win streak with his Guy after he realized my lack of matchup knowledge
  • CruzzyCruzzy Joined: Posts: 23
    Is anyone willing to critique my Akuma matches?

i've been getting a bit better and i would appreciate it if you guys could tell me what im doing wrong, or could do better on!

just post, ask later :)
    edited November 2014
    Here it is, thanks in advance, i would like to post some more.
    I know im dropping a lot of combo's but that will be okay soon, i just need some more practice.

• mrtom82mrtom82 Joined: Posts: 138
    edited November 2014
    @Cruzzy‌ You're jumping WAY to much, especially in the first video. Jumping is usually a very bad idea unless it's a setup/safe jump, especially against ryu. You want him to come to you so getting an early life lead is very important. If ryu gets a good life lead and then plays defensively it's very hard to get in on him. Whenever you had the lead you kept going at him, got punished and lost the lead. Don't try to go air to air with him, he'll almost always win and if he's got ultra it'll be him landing in air mp followed by ultra. Focus more on punishing his jump attempts with cr.Hp, dp and far st.hp. I also noticed you seem to press your kick early when you do jump in, akumas jumping attacks have very little active frames so if you are trying to hit a grounded opponent you need to press your button towards the end of your jump. You also need to practice your combos, you could've had some nice punishes but you dropped your links.

If I think of more I'll let you know but for now I'd focus on letting him come to you and practice anti-airs.
    Post edited by mrtom82 on
    @mrtom82 thank you, this information is appreciated :D
    Only saw the second vid, pretty legit. Obviously there's a lot to work on like holding ground and spacing. You should look how your opponent played his ground game he did that just better than you. You tried frame traps I guess or maybe just pushed buttons even sweep after cr.mp on block (weird), but that make no sens if you don't install a tick throw game before. Throw more !
    You shouldn't let people empty jump on you either. cr.MK is a decent anti air and shield against most of the cast but certainly against shotos. If you feel like a SRK or far.HP is too late, just walk cr.MK trip guard them.

You were focused on some other threat I guess and this have to be addressed first, but work on it so it become automatic (anti airing SRK ?) and you can send ressources on these new skills to develop.
    Cruzzy wrote: »
    Here it is, thanks in advance, i would like to post some more.
    I know im dropping a lot of combo's but that will be okay soon, i just need some more practice.

Agreed re: combos. I feel you're foregoing a lot of opportunities in the form of punishes and also anti-airs.

Obviously drill your combos over and over until you have them down, even if they are just basic punishes - c.mp > cs.hp xx lk tatsu > hp dp. (and also cs.hp xx ball > FADC > etc). The idea here is to first get the execution absolutely nailed so you can punish with maximum efficiency. Treat every punish opportunity as a potential round-ender for the decider of EVO's grand final. Unload everything* on them.

The next step is perhaps the bigger one, which is quickly identifying on the fly in battle when to let rip WITH said punishes. This requires you to develop your situational awareness so you are on point to deliver maximum damage at any given moment without hesitation, combined with the knowledge that comes over time when you familiarise yourself with matchups and individual character quirks/traits/playstyles. Once you train yourself to do this you'll see an improvement in your wins I'm certain. A good way to start getting this into your system is to play a little more defensively so you can let your opponent make mistakes to test your reactions for unloading everything you have on them. This will extend your cues for maximum punishes and once you have this down, you can start taking the battle to them.

Working on your anti-airs is also a good way to collect damage, and against a smarter opponent for keeping their attack options in check. Once you demonstrate a consistent ability to anti-air not only will you be netting damage (mp DP, HP dp, EX dp, demon) but you'll also limit your opponent's attack vectors which in itself is a form of control and will funnel your battles towards the ground where spacing, punishes and footsies will begin to become much more important in how you go about your business.

* Naturally this has situations where you want to conserve meter for the next round and also considering how much you dole out to your opponent. For example, finishing them with U1 at the end of the first round if they are on bugger all health isn't optimal (as you'll dole out two+ stocks to them for the next round). Likewise finishing them off with an EX dp when a mp dp will do the job also. If you are confident you have a round in the bag, save your resources for the next round where it will perhaps better secure you a victory.
    Guacamole is awesome.
    Got 2nd this week. Getting so close.