AndyG, post: 5665343 wrote:
(Not sure how to do hotlinking. tried [me dia=youtu be]Zn7lWp1-dXs[/me dia] without the spaces, and it showed up blank.)
Here's the first video of my Akuma. I'm new to Street Fighter, but not fighting games. This is partly a quality test, but I told myself today that no matter who the first good player I played was, I'd upload it. So here's a match against Chris Hu's Oni.
My own comments on the match:
I'm pretty glad I had the presence of mind to hit the other direction to get ultra demon to come out when he tatsus over my c.MK.
Rip into me, other than the dropped combos (very rare for me, I must've been intimidated by the name, I haven't played many big names in SF! I'm free to fame )
AndyG, post: 5665852 wrote:
Thanks for all the input, I didn't even know Akuma had a kara throw. I know LK demon flip after bthrow sucks, it never works for me, but I can't seem to break myself of it, it seems so intuitive -_-
You're right, I haven't really even thought of the impact of using s.HK against crouching opponents, and how bad I can screw myself with that.
LoyalSol, post: 5618566 wrote:
I just got back from a 65 man tournament in Seattle where I just waxed a DJ player to make top 16. You can vortex him quite well. You just have to know your options.
metallicaband, post: 5669945 wrote:
Wow, looks like someone has too much time on his hands trolling the Akuma forums lately, DJ can be vortexed, we can tatsu sweep him for God's sake.
Faz, post: 5671483 wrote:
This guy has a personal vendetta against you Sol, money match him at next EVO and then see if he runs his gob to you. When there's money on the line he'll be a quiet little bitch and won't say anything, he'll lose and then you'll never hear from him. That's what dicks like this are like.
MooiboyRoy, post: 5634395 wrote:
I'm a bit lost in this matchup.
Anyone care to help?
Zidbeans, post: 5686173 wrote:
I think the best advice to give is to play a little bit of Seth, just like when watching an Akuma after a forward throw you can ID if the hit is going to be a crossup or not, the same is possible with Seth. For example, first vid at 1:22 was going to be a crossup because of how far he walked forwards after the dash.
superlollo, post: 5729795 wrote:
Not necessairly, his DK isn't like Akuma's he has a bigger time frame where he can do it and there is almost no way to tell which side he's gonna end on.
Same goes for akuma after his f.throw dash x2. If the akuma player can delay the j.hk AND the crossup tatsu (ie: if he can do it how it is supposed to be done) there is no way to know which side to block except guessing and looking at patterns.
C2Q, post: 5632882 wrote:
2 more replays of mine. Please comment.
Moody Steve, post: 5951013 wrote:
Hokay...a few things in the Bison match.
1. On Bison's wakeup, you did DF Dive Kick every time - you're better off doing option selects off of DF Palm. Check the Matchup Thread for the best option selects.
2. You jumped away from several of Bison's teleports, which were all huge opportunities to land either a sweep or a fat combo.
3. Don't try to AA with Super. It doesn't work.
4. Don't hit buttons when you're being pressured with either cr.LK or LK Scissors - that's asking for a counter hit.
5. When you won Round 2 with j.HP - EX DP, you could have used HP DP and saved the meter for the next round.
6. When you notice that almost all of your DF Dive Kicks are being blocked, you've conditioned your opponent to block instead of AA. That's when you start using DF Throw or whiff Palm > Throw.
7. Slow down and try to play more methodically
Zidbeans also gave you good advice in the post above mine.
akuma noob, post: 5968193 wrote:
Just realised I can use my phone to upload videos to youtube and the picture isn't badeither whoop, not great either though..... anyway I know my akuma sucks but hey be as critical as you want and let me know
Also could you post on my youtube page cause I don't have any posts on it and I want soooome plzzz
First one to post on a video gets a million pounds or dollars..... whatever is more convenient
MOD, post: 3117689 wrote:
Chuns overhead flip kick is punished in many ways. You should be able to Fierce shoryu that on reaction,
metallicaband, post: 5972931 wrote:
- Don't get too happy with cancelled normals (i.e cr.mp or cr.mk) into demon flips, trust me if those Chun and Vega players knew the matchup, you would have been air thrown pretty much every single time you did that, the move is unsafe (specially if abused like you did) vs people who know the Akuma matchup.
LoyalSol, post: 5976868 wrote:
I always tell people abuse it till you know the opponent is ready for it. You would be shocked just how much BS you can get away with.
Gen-An, post: 5975855 wrote:
I laughed when I read this. I can't shoryu Hazanshuu even when I'm looking for it, and just looking at a few Tokido Akuma vs Chun vids I didn't see him DP'ing it either.
LoyalSol, post: 5981721 wrote:
You actually can do that, but I generally prefer to focus attack it because it is easier and gives a combo into a knockdown.
Gen-An, post: 5982804 wrote:
Perhaps you can. Must be nice to have reflexes that fast. I can only anticipate focus it, never on reaction.