"Critique My Akuma!" Video Blog Thread

Comments

• VeNOM2099VeNOM2099 Step into my parlour Joined: Posts: 985
    Just watched the Ryu match and I can tell you that you're too nervous.

You're all over the place, random SRK, random teleports, random ultras... Settle down! This matchup is not as hard as you think it is. I gave you advice last time: stay GROUNDED as much as possible against Ryu. Force HIM to jump at you and punish him for it. If you're going to use the "sneaky" demon, make sure you use SUPER instead of ULTRA. And if you must use ULTRA, do it as an ultimate last resort when you're going to die anyway from something like a jab hit or chip damage.

Ryu can be pressured on wakeup so don't back off all the time when he's down. Lastly, when he makes a monumental mistake like he did on the last round (random ultra 2), you should've punished with your own ultra for the win. You would have probably done this if you hadn't been so nervous though...

Keep at it! You'll learn how to deal with this matchup eventually. Just have fun with it for now. ;)
    "Did I ever tell you... The definition of insanity?..."
    - Vaas (Far Cry 3)
  • orcitectorcitect Joined: Posts: 132
    Just watched the Ryu match and I can tell you that you're too nervous.

You're all over the place, random SRK, random teleports, random ultras... Settle down! This matchup is not as hard as you think it is. I gave you advice last time: stay GROUNDED as much as possible against Ryu. Force HIM to jump at you and punish him for it. If you're going to use the "sneaky" demon, make sure you use SUPER instead of ULTRA. And if you must use ULTRA, do it as an ultimate last resort when you're going to die anyway from something like a jab hit or chip damage.

Ryu can be pressured on wakeup so don't back off all the time when he's down. Lastly, when he makes a monumental mistake like he did on the last round (random ultra 2), you should've punished with your own ultra for the win. You would have probably done this if you hadn't been so nervous though...

Keep at it! You'll learn how to deal with this matchup eventually. Just have fun with it for now. ;)

Yeah... thats a very good point, My nerves are probably showing because im missing crossup tatsus which im usually tatsu happy with because i either hit them or they get blocked, rather than missing completely. The random SRKs were silly, and after watching it i was a little confused at how... awkward i was playing. as you say ive gotta do the sneaky with the super, and also ive got to learn not to just burn meter randomly like i am doing.

The main reason i wasn't pressuring him as much when I was getting knockdowns was because my timing was off that match and i didnt want to eat a random SRK/Ultra. I agree that i REALLY should have punished him for that ultra, and I would have taken it if i went for the ultra, He must have thought he had Ultra 1, to try and burn through my fireball and catch me in my recovery animation.

That's a good point, it's a game at the end of the day, gotta enjoy it. ^^ I think I did better in the other two videos because I was less nervous, and because they were making mistakes like just jumping at me, and that gave me the confidence to go in for the vortex and into combos without harsh punishment for missed links.
    [ PSN - Goukitech ]
    [ AE - Akuma ] [ BB - Ragna ] [ SFxT - Akuma & Kazuya ]
    Yeah, I know Ryu can "seem" scary what with his SRK on wakeup. But the truth is you can bait that shit all day. Especially against random online Ryu players. I used to be like you and I would just be scared of pressuring him on wakeup. Again, it's all about forcing him to play by YOUR rules. You have to be aware of what he's going to do and how to counter it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTzNvcE1GNA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7fw1KwuA_M

Take a look at these vids of ShinAkuma204 beasting on Ryu players. This is what you should be striving for in this matchup. Once you have Ryu down, you don't let up. He may look like he's being reckless, but he's actually in full knowledge of Ryu's options here and he knows how to make him pay for each mistake. And once you know what his options are against yours, there's no reason to fear this matchup.
    - Vaas (Far Cry 3)
  • JXASatsuiNoHadouJXASatsuiNoHadou Joined: Posts: 4
    Looks like I'm up, what do you think Venom? And anyone else care to evaluate my Akuma?

• ShabroutShabrout Joined: Posts: 1,448
    orcitect,

My 2 cents :

One thing really annoyed me is the time you spend doing unnecessary air fireball when you're far from the opponent and without any clue about what you gona use it for (because, well, if it hits you can't do shit at this range anyway as a followup ;) ).

It was sad seeing you jumping in with air fireball but with opponent not in any particularly bad situation (thus ready to avoid it and attack) just to land in front of them and eating a combo or srk for free.

You will prolly enhence your game only by removing every bad moves you throw out at range that keep you from being ready in time for a punish.
    Doing nothing is not waisting an occasion there it's giving the opponent no information and even making then guess bad.

Don't repeat a move automatically just because the first time it didn't succeed (fireball mainly), because clever players are waiting for such behavior to jump in on you. Don't fall into that fake war trap.

Basically, the first one to stop the fireball routine/pattern and watch out to use it as a trap, get the cookie.
    React, once close, play your combo/setup pattern, and again React.
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 4,223
    Orcitect
    Yeah, you gotta relax a bit. You threw out quite a few random moves here and there. There were a few EX SRKs and teleports that luckily didn't get you punished as badly as they could have. Yeah, make sure you're using the teleport only for evasion; not to get in.

JXASatsui
    You're very solid, very aggressive! I like. :) Only thing is you use the lk tatsu reset way too often, if it was me I would've been waiting for it to make you pay. Also, I believe Bison cannot be tatsu-swept.

Cheers bros. :D
  • Gen-AnGen-An 何で彼女出来ない? Joined: Posts: 616
    Apparently someone thought my match vs Arturo was worth uploading.

Take it as a lesson of what not to do when fighting Dhalsim...
    Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
    You're shitting on yourself, man. Given who you were facing I think you did fine!
  • A G LiiveA G Liive Joined: Posts: 179
    just a couple matches against a Gouken player and a Ryu player... alot of mistakes cost me these games, im pretty good at pointing out my obvious problems but i might overlook some. any advice would be apprectiated

@ A G Liive; Your execution and general awareness is much much better than mine but i'll try to point out a few things i noticed.
    • You did a few unsafe sweeps from what I could tell, Gouken's sweep seems quite quick to me anyway, so that's something to be a little weary of i.e. a few 'pokey' unsafe sweeps and I believe I saw you follow up a few blockstrings ending up in hadokens with sweeps, it can catch some people out but it can be easily punished.
    • It might have been better to do c.HP when Gouken was doing demon flips, I'd imagine it's better than having a shoryuken absorbed, I'm guessing you were a little unsure with those demon flips as if you predicted wrong and shoryu'd you'd get punished after the absorb, c.HP may be safer. (Apologies if I'm wrong, I'm quite new to fighting games in general.)
    • With Ryu, I've been given the advice from various contributors to this thread to let him jump at you, He anti aired most of of your jump ins during hadoukens, However, he did seem to do a few hadoukens that looked a little too close to be safe from a jump, he was catching you out with this too. Generally the meeting point of the two fireballs was a lot closer to you than him, which is never good as an EX hadouken would hit you from recovery. It can be awkward when the fireballs are colliding that close to you, but neutral jumping them can ease the stress a little, and of course, if you have the time to throw a Red fireball, that can take some of the pressure off. (Though obviously, they may be waiting for that to punish)
    Other than that, Your execution was good as was your timing, You've probably already seen these things in watching the replays yourself, but I hope it helps! Apologies if the advice isn't sound, but as I mentioned, I'm quite new to fighters, just trying to help!
    [ PSN - Goukitech ]
    @ A G Liive; Your execution and general awareness is much much better than mine but i'll try to point out a few things i noticed.
    • You did a few unsafe sweeps from what I could tell, Gouken's sweep seems quite quick to me anyway, so that's something to be a little weary of i.e. a few 'pokey' unsafe sweeps and I believe I saw you follow up a few blockstrings ending up in hadokens with sweeps, it can catch some people out but it can be easily punished.
    • It might have been better to do c.HP when Gouken was doing demon flips, I'd imagine it's better than having a shoryuken absorbed, I'm guessing you were a little unsure with those demon flips as if you predicted wrong and shoryu'd you'd get punished after the absorb, c.HP may be safer. (Apologies if I'm wrong, I'm quite new to fighting games in general.)
    • With Ryu, I've been given the advice from various contributors to this thread to let him jump at you, He anti aired most of of your jump ins during hadoukens, However, he did seem to do a few hadoukens that looked a little too close to be safe from a jump, he was catching you out with this too. Generally the meeting point of the two fireballs was a lot closer to you than him, which is never good as an EX hadouken would hit you from recovery. It can be awkward when the fireballs are colliding that close to you, but neutral jumping them can ease the stress a little, and of course, if you have the time to throw a Red fireball, that can take some of the pressure off. (Though obviously, they may be waiting for that to punish)
    Other than that, Your execution was good as was your timing, You've probably already seen these things in watching the replays yourself, but I hope it helps! Apologies if the advice isn't sound, but as I mentioned, I'm quite new to fighters, just trying to help!

thanks for the reply.. i have to watch out for those unsafe sweeps , i get into roundhouse mode at times.. whether that be far r. house or sweep i begin to rely on it too much...

my anti air vs gouken was bad but honestly it was because i wasnt sure of what to do.. i thought he would do the demon flip absorb move and id guess wrong alot and be air thrown...
  • oX Ajay XooX Ajay Xo I'm chilling Joined: Posts: 131
    One match with a friend who's a guy player. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ChD3mpWWW4g

• iTweezy111iTweezy111 Joined: Posts: 4
    i ddin't know the matchup very well? was there some kind of option select i coulda used?
  • superlollosuperlollo S Tier Joined: Posts: 2,967
    One match with a friend who's a guy player. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ChD3mpWWW4g

- Always make sure to OS sweep or fs.hk if you want to keep up pressure after a blocked focus attack or an air to air hit. He was kinda backdash happy and he would've eaten a fat combo every time if you went for c.lk > s.lk OS s.hk instead of just c.lp x2.

- Akuma isn't ryu and his c.mk xx hado is pretty bad for blockstrings. It's really easy to focus through. Use EX hado if you really wanna end your blockstrings like that. (**EDIT** you started doing it in round 3, good)

- corner setups work quite well on guy. Throw > dash > whiff c.lp > j.lk makes his ex tatsu whiff and he has to block crossup but you land in front which is tricky. It's also quite easy to manually time such setup after a tatsu > sweep near the corner.

- his ex tatsu will blow up crossup air fireball. I don't use it much vs guy

Overall well played
    Things that should be patched:
    - People that constantly complain that there should be a patch.

by. J.Scogz

I suck but yeah. Compliments and criticisms, please!
    @ Noriega,

Missed a few sweep punishes for pokes near the start i believe (Though they were probably a little iffy if mistimed), i'd also say; Assume that the fireball is going to be an upward one; Some Goukens will alternate but he was basically doing upward ones because he knew you wanted to jump in, I've had that before where I just kept jumping into them, thinking they'd start alternating but they didn't; in that particular Gouken's case he only started throwing normal fireballs when you started too, perhaps use that in future matches to bait them into fireball waring (Of course they could EX DF/Senkugoshuha past it, but the latter is punishable) . Careful with the roundhouse with its -2 on block now too, its better to just block after it now, People always used to throw out pokes on block when it was even but now it's in their favour so better just to block. You did a few unsafe teleports too.

Nice foward throw setup though! its a shame you didn't manage to capitalise on it thought. Nice backward throw setup too! Good Focus attack punish.

Otherwise, pretty nice execution, he caught you out a few times during blockstrings but other than that, pretty strong! Hope these comments help!
    [ PSN - Goukitech ]
  • CogCog XBL: CherryBurster Joined: Posts: 70
    Eyy

Skip to 0:58. Its actually a series im working on right now, one of my earlier videos so not the best quality but please watch the whole thing and let me know what you think of my Akuma!
    You dont have to train today, but someone else is.

7 games that i played against a Gen player the other night in an endless lobby.. i started not playing well due to lack of match up knowledge.. but i thought i adjusted to the player well towards the end... does anyone have any tips regarding this matchup.. and what punishes are good against some of his special moves.. i dont know the names of them so sorry bout that..l
  • BulimicCannibalBulimicCannibal Joined: Posts: 373
    Any advice for me?

This is my 3rd match after a really long absence from the game so I'm dropping a few combos still and performing some
    other bad habits.

CODY VS AKUMA

7 games that i played against a Gen player the other night in an endless lobby.. i started not playing well due to lack of match up knowledge.. but i thought i adjusted to the player well towards the end... does anyone have any tips regarding this matchup.. and what punishes are good against some of his special moves.. i dont know the names of them so sorry bout that..l

Gen annoys the hell out of me, I may be wrong because it has been a LONG time since I've played Street Fighter 4; only getting back into it today.
    But I'm pretty sure aerial tatsus are a good counter for all his diving about, you'd probably have to test it though because as I said my memory is hazy.
  • MrMoodyPantsMrMoodyPants Everyones poop smells, we all have insecurities Joined: Posts: 283

Vid 1 - Vs a C+ Ryu.

- Overused the Demon flip palm whiff to Demon, it worked it one round and set up a demon in another, but i got overly gimmick happy with it.
    - Bad execution; I messed up a lot of punishes and backed off when i could have punished.
    - Did a lot of unsafe sweeps.
    - Was a little careless when throwing Red fireballs.
    - Missed out on quite a few anti air.

Hey I have been trying to learn Akuma too and from watching this one video I can point out a few things. I read that you were nervous so I will take that into consideration. Take my advice as you please.

The dp's you kept missing, I'm guessing you were trying to AA ryu. When you AA try to do it by reaction rather than anticipation. The way I learned to AA is, I played a friend online and every time he jumped in I would AA him. Even if I knew I would trade or get stuffed and punished. I wasn't playing to win but just react whenever I see a jump in. I think this would help you with reactions. Although later in matches you were AAing with srk a lot better than in the beginning matches.

Also as you stated that you had bad execution in this set and are aware that you missed some punishes. Bad execution could be on your part or could just be the lag. Assuming the bad execution was your fault, its an obvious answer, just go into training mode and learn your combos. Do it 10 times in a row without dropping it. Also learn your punish combos! If you are having trouble hit confirming, go into training mode and put the dummy on random block. Know when to go into a combo if you are hitting your opponent or a safe block string if your opponent is blocking. I saw you hit your opponent with a DF dive kick but went into a sweep =/ . You could have easily went into bnb. So learn hit confirms!

Do not rely on ultra. Use it as an option for punishing moves or on reaction. If you want gimmicks, use super! You seemed to rely on ultra to close up your matches until it failed you the 3rd time. The first time used ultra was perfect. Not sure if you did it on reaction or you just had in mind, I'm gonna do this ultra no matter what and see what happens.

I hope this helps
    Game: SSF4AEv2012
    Main: Dudley
    XBL GT: MrMoodyPants

Hey I have been trying to learn Akuma too and from watching this one video I can point out a few things. I read that you were nervous so I will take that into consideration. Take my advice as you please.

The dp's you kept missing, I'm guessing you were trying to AA ryu. When you AA try to do it by reaction rather than anticipation. The way I learned to AA is, I played a friend online and every time he jumped in I would AA him. Even if I knew I would trade or get stuffed and punished. I wasn't playing to win but just react whenever I see a jump in. I think this would help you with reactions. Although later in matches you were AAing with srk a lot better than in the beginning matches.

Also as you stated that you had bad execution in this set and are aware that you missed some punishes. Bad execution could be on your part or could just be the lag. Assuming the bad execution was your fault, its an obvious answer, just go into training mode and learn your combos. Do it 10 times in a row without dropping it. Also learn your punish combos! If you are having trouble hit confirming, go into training mode and put the dummy on random block. Know when to go into a combo if you are hitting your opponent or a safe block string if your opponent is blocking. I saw you hit your opponent with a DF dive kick but went into a sweep =/ . You could have easily went into bnb. So learn hit confirms!

Do not rely on ultra. Use it as an option for punishing moves or on reaction. If you want gimmicks, use super! You seemed to rely on ultra to close up your matches until it failed you the 3rd time. The first time used ultra was perfect. Not sure if you did it on reaction or you just had in mind, I'm gonna do this ultra no matter what and see what happens.

I hope this helps

Hey! Thanks for the critique! Haven't played AE in forever to tell the truth, kinda migrated to BB.

Yeah, my AAing was bad in that case.

Mhmm, I missed a BIG punish after that whiffed metsu shoryuken, i was really kicking myself because of that! I have improved with my bnb's since then (Well, i dont know how i'd be now, havent' played in two months! But i was hitting combos better as this was quite an old video i believe! the DF dive kick into a sweep was a little silly, but i had the impression the guy was mashing SRK so i tried to play it safe.

I did do the demon too much, later on i started to use u2 and only use it for punishes/the rare times i would manage the Asura cancel online. I did the demon because I thought there was a fireball coming, but yes, i did overuse it.

Thanks for the tips! Might have to go back to AE sometime!
    [ PSN - Goukitech ]
  • MrMoodyPantsMrMoodyPants Everyones poop smells, we all have insecurities Joined: Posts: 283
    Hey! Thanks for the critique! Haven't played AE in forever to tell the truth, kinda migrated to BB.

Yeah, my AAing was bad in that case.

Mhmm, I missed a BIG punish after that whiffed metsu shoryuken, i was really kicking myself because of that! I have improved with my bnb's since then (Well, i dont know how i'd be now, havent' played in two months! But i was hitting combos better as this was quite an old video i believe! the DF dive kick into a sweep was a little silly, but i had the impression the guy was mashing SRK so i tried to play it safe.

I did do the demon too much, later on i started to use u2 and only use it for punishes/the rare times i would manage the Asura cancel online. I did the demon because I thought there was a fireball coming, but yes, i did overuse it.

Thanks for the tips! Might have to go back to AE sometime!

Add me if you do. We can get some games in. My GT is MrMoodyPants. I'm on XBL. I main Dudley and trying to secondary Akuma because Dudley is such and uphill battle with everyone =(
    Game: SSF4AEv2012
    Main: Dudley
    XBL GT: MrMoodyPants
    Sadly i only play on PC (And PS3 sometimes) :/
    [ PSN - Goukitech ]
  • Nu-SkooolNu-Skoool Pushing buttons is fun Joined: Posts: 940

Apologize for the quality.
    Hold back to block
  • dhockedhocke Joined: Posts: 129
    Hey everyone. I finally got my friend to record a match between another friend and I. Hopefully soon I can get him to record some others where I get blown up very badly. I've been playing like ass lately, but any advice is appreciated. Hopefully someone can explain why I don't tech the throw or get a low hit at 17 seconds because this ALWAYS happens to me and I've asked about it several times before and I've still had no luck. This leaves a gaping hole in my vortex and I need to fix it ASAP.

• oX Ajay XooX Ajay Xo I'm chilling Joined: Posts: 131

Well played on your part but few things I noticed:
    • at 00:44 you went for c.MP > cs.HP right? Looking at the inputs you didn't plink + online = low chance of success. I don't mean to deter you from the combo but unless you can nail it down you shouldn't do it. You were lucky as the rog player didn't go for the ultra after headbutt. It was a nearly full ultra and you would have paid a heavy price. The round could of not gone for you.
    • at 00:54 missed an OS opportunity.
    • I'm unsure at what happened at 01:27. I think you did your OS tech too early?
    • After 01:32 you handled yourself pretty well in the corner. Very patient. nice c.HP anti air. Just a matter of teching the throws but your inputs were there, possible lag? maybe crouch tech was too early? Teleport was nicely done and wasn't rushed or obvious. Unlucky on the chip, matter of maintaining distance from rog in that situation.
    • As for the last round? lol you got into his head. Two cross up tatsu opportunities didn't go your way. I personally don't use cross up tatsus on dash punch happy rogs on wakeup. Palm OS U2/DP and grab is suffice.
    Overall very well played fella but I want to know what do you think you could of done better?

Hopefully someone can explain why I don't tech the throw or get a low hit at 17 seconds because this ALWAYS happens to me and I've asked about it several times before and I've still had no luck.
    You basically jump on someone fully awake and standing, your whiff palm serve no goal with such late jump in and you eat a grab inside your whiff animation way before you can have any low hit active frame.
    I think it's about this. Review your jump setups after a sweep cause the timing is short to safe jump.
    Countering throw on wake up without a meaty attack isn't the best idea :)
    Good counter at the very start with the low :mk: tatsu. that's a very useful counter to Boxer's dashes. U should use it more at mid range when you feel like he's going to dash you like at the end of the second round. low forward grabs easy a lot of his dashes before the active frames kick in.
    Another thing could be to Focus more when he's at sweep range, out of jab range. Focus his dashes and sweep once and he'll have to think instead of doing reckless dashes badly spaced.
    ANd finally for the inputs, I found me a sexy way to improve my startup Bnb doing crunch tech and plink all in one with the same inputs for jabs chains or :mp: chains. The only thing you have to modify to do one combo or another is the timing.
    don't do :
    cr:lk:, cr:lp:, cr:mp: ... neither you should do cr:lk:, cr:lp:, cr( :mp:~:lp: )
    when you can do :
    cr( :lk:~:lp: ), cr( :mp:~:lp: ), cr( :mp:~:lp: ), ...
    this cover throw teching, it will do jabs if you chain it (because only jab chains from lk) and if you wait 2 frames the third input will do an easy cr:mp: . Check it out.
  • CynistarCynistar Break the Barrier Joined: Posts: 1,120

Some criticism would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone have tips on anti-airing properly in tense situations? I always have trouble when I'm playing someone very good or in tense moments.
    Defeat is possible... but highly improbable.
    Twitter@Cynistar742
    Facebook: Javier Garcia
    Youtube: Cynistar742
  • ShinAkuma204ShinAkuma204 The Primordial Ooze Joined: Posts: 4,524

Some criticism would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone have tips on anti-airing properly in tense situations? I always have trouble when I'm playing someone very good or in tense moments.

Well you played pretty solid against a tough opponent, but I'll give it a shot.

I would say try to hit confirm off a single jab rather than multiple lights. So either jab>fierce>bnb, or jab>strong>bnb. Multiple jabs steal damage and stun from the combo. By linking up faster you gain more.

Look at ending long combos with MP DP instead of FP DP. You lose a tiny bit of damage but gain better positioning.

I noticed XSK has very strong corner defense. If you find the opponent hard to open up after your corner push try using neutral jump ex air fireball from sweep range to continue pressure with the advantage or if they tried a ground poke a free combo.

As far as anti airing the only trick is repetition. Just train with a friend or go into training mode and practice anti air DP's in multiple scenarios and characters. It may be tedious, but you need to make anti airing an instinct, not something you need to think about.
    Who's cuisine reigns supreme?!

"Well I guess the future is rape and no one can stop it."
  • ClxJamesClxJames Still A Beginner... Joined: Posts: 2,548
    Looks like I'm up, what do you think Venom? And anyone else care to evaluate my Akuma?
    Your Akuma gets stuck on auto sometimes. In the first round against Sakura alone I saw three cl.hp that hit and you cancelled into a lk Demon Flip. Give yourself a second and if it hits confirm it into a combo.
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,905

One general tip for AA is every time I throw a fireball I immediately buffer the SRK motion. If I watch them jump I immediately finish the input and if I see them focus I will move the stick to sweep or some other counter.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
    Cynistar:

1. Just AA'ing better. You had great footsies against him, you forced him to jump enough times to land the SRK or cr. fp.
    2. Teleport. You barely used it, I think you could have gotten away with it a few times.

Great play, man! :)
  • CynistarCynistar Break the Barrier Joined: Posts: 1,120
    Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm gonna work on all of those before NCR comes around.
    Defeat is possible... but highly improbable.
    Twitter@Cynistar742
    Facebook: Javier Garcia
    Youtube: Cynistar742
  • Nu-SkooolNu-Skoool Pushing buttons is fun Joined: Posts: 940
    Well played on your part but few things I noticed:
    • at 00:44 you went for c.MP > cs.HP right? Looking at the inputs you didn't plink + online = low chance of success. I don't mean to deter you from the combo but unless you can nail it down you shouldn't do it. You were lucky as the rog player didn't go for the ultra after headbutt. It was a nearly full ultra and you would have paid a heavy price. The round could of not gone for you.
    • at 00:54 missed an OS opportunity.
    • I'm unsure at what happened at 01:27. I think you did your OS tech too early?
    • After 01:32 you handled yourself pretty well in the corner. Very patient. nice c.HP anti air. Just a matter of teching the throws but your inputs were there, possible lag? maybe crouch tech was too early? Teleport was nicely done and wasn't rushed or obvious. Unlucky on the chip, matter of maintaining distance from rog in that situation.
    • As for the last round? lol you got into his head. Two cross up tatsu opportunities didn't go your way. I personally don't use cross up tatsus on dash punch happy rogs on wakeup. Palm OS U2/DP and grab is suffice.
    Overall very well played fella but I want to know what do you think you could of done better?
    • I hit that link pretty consistently. Im more comfortable with it than, cr.jab s.fierce. Just a mistake.
    • I try to react to Rogs backdash. Instead of OSing Id much rather react that way I cant get hit by Headbutts. In the 3rd round youll see me do a sweep on reaction to his backdash. I also do this for Ibuki and Deejay too. Since they have funky backdashes.
    • One of my biggest problems that im trying to work on is my throw tech. 2 things blow me up in SF4. Command grabs and normals grabs. I dont know what it is, Its something that I have a hard time dealing with.
    • Funny thing is I hate to teleport. Im very, very stingy with it.
    • I like to palm Rogs once they have meter because they seem to always look for that out but I thought at that point a cross-tatsu would be a good mixup to go with.

Just in the Rog match overall I need to get use to his overhead smash. I can react to alot of overheads most of the time but that trips me up. Im not sure if its because im not use to seeing it or what but its a problem. But the biggest reason I chose this match was because it shows me playing two different ways. When I get an offense going I usually get the round but the moment I meet any kind of resistance I struggle. Rounds one and three I was able to take pretty easily but 2, when I lost my steam I had a hard time climbing out of it and I didnt.
    Hold back to block
    I didn't receive any critique of my performance in my first video for whatever reason.
    I've had a bit of time to improve aspects of my game since then, most notably the
    reliability of my demon anti air.

Can I get some critique from this match?

Just a warning youtube keeps messing up the audio on my videos so turn
    the volume down if you value your ability to hear in the future.

Balrog VS Akuma
    I didn't receive any critique of my performance in my first video for whatever reason.
    I've had a bit of time to improve aspects of my game since then, most notably the
    reliability of my demon anti air.

Can I get some critique from this match?

Just a warning youtube keeps messing up the audio on my videos so turn
    the volume down if you value your ability to hear in the future.

Balrog VS Akuma

Far be it from me to offer up advice, but if I had to:
    • Use DF Palm instead of Dive Kick after a UTKD. Rog is succeptible to it and can't really do anything but block once you get him down. This way you start conditioning him to block on wakeup which leads to you getting DF Throws in, which leads to more setups, etc...
    • Nice AA demons after buffering them into your sweep, but your regular AA was non-existant as you let him jump in on you when you didn't have Ultra meter.
    • Rogs that like to TAP through fireballs can be DP'd or (even better Ultra Demoned) quite easily. Just buffer the inputs (dp or ultra) after your FBs and watch for the turn around punch, then complete the inputs and watch him cry!
    • Dirty trick after you land Ultra Demon on Rog: after you unfreeze from the "Demon" pose, take 1 step back then immediately do LK DF Palm. If he does anything else but block, he's dead.
    • Learn to AA your opponents when they jump forward over your projectiles with st.HP. I caught a few replays of Gamogo doing this in his matches and I've been practicing and using it ever since. Dude, it's awesome the way it stops their forward advances over fireballs cold!
    - Vaas (Far Cry 3)

I haven't posted up anything in a while so... Here goes! Be gentle!... :sweat:
    - Vaas (Far Cry 3)
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,956
    Here goes! Be gentle!... :sweat:

- Play dirtier. Akuma's walk speed means you can often sneak in walk up grabs on unsuspecting Zangiefs, particularly if he jumps forward outside of your ability to anti air punish. Watch where he'll land and stay just out of his j.hp reach. Walk forward and snatch him after he lands. Definitely not a go-to option, but certainly worth trying now and then.

- You dropped a few tatsu sweeps so try plinking c.hk with all three kicks rather than two to crank up your accuracy.

- Try and ditch the c.lp x3 xx lk tatsu in favour of c.lp > cs.hp xx lk tatsu hit confirms for better damage and stun. This takes some practise and confidence to switch to, but its certainly worth trying. Alternatively, try Sako's method and just c.mp x2 all the time. Its an easier link and is also easier to bail-out confirm into fireball/ex fireball if they are crouching. Damage is decent too.

- Swear at your screen for that sneaky super demon you were robbed of.
    Guacamole is awesome.