The Football (Soccer) Thread - Season 2017/2018

Comments

• ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,559
    lol who gives a fuck about PSG? Why doesn't he go to a top 3 PL team?

Because Wenger would just misuse him on their way to another disappointing season before they loan Neymar to PSG anyway.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 826

Because Wenger would just misuse him on their way to another disappointing season before they loan Neymar to PSG anyway.

He said a top 3 pl team, not arsenal :coffee:
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846
    Slurmz wrote: »

He said a top 3 pl team, not arsenal :coffee:

correct
    ... :cry:
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,658

When you're one of the best in the world you don't care about domestic titles. PSG are competitive in the Champions League and the easier domestic schedule will help him stay fresh and pad his stats. He wants golden balls and he doesn't want to be under Messi's shadow any more.

As for the PL you need that Arab Oil mega-billionaire money for that sort of thing. Only Man City really have that currently.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 441
    DGVA2etUMAAMH2A.jpg
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,583
    So the United Women’s Soccer,national league sanctioned by US Soccer, awarded the player of the year award to Denya Castellanos a.k.a. The Queen

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    At first I was "lol Arsenal".

Now I'm "lol Leicester".

Was hoping for that Gunners rage on Twitter.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,846

Was hoping for that Gunners rage on Twitter.

Chelsea losing today to Burnley is the icing, sprinkles and cherry on top :rofl:
    The fuck is happening in this El Classico?
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 763
    What a man Ronaldo is.
    A man under a 5-game suspension for touching that ref who sent him off.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Yeah Ronaldo is in big trouble.

He should know better by now that the spotlight is on him and you can't do that shit.
    These dumb ass clubs voted for closing the transfer window before the first game. This shit makes no sense since it only affects premier league clubs, which means that a coutinho Barcelona situation can still happen. But under the new rules Liverpool wouldn't be able to buy a replacement if he were sold.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Congrats Supereagles..............
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 2,374
    Speaking of the World Cup...

What are the odds of the next one having Brazil vs. Germany on the Finals and Brazil taking it?
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 763
    Volt wrote: »
    Speaking of the World Cup...

What are the odds of the next one having Brazil vs. Germany on the Finals and Brazil taking it?
    I have a feeling Spain, Brazil or Germany will reach the finals.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,132
    Argentina might not qualify lol

Go Peru and Paraguay
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 473
    edited October 10
    All the USA has to do is draw or defeat Trinidad tomorrow and the US will then qualify for the World Cup.

Did anyone see the condition of Trinidad's field/pitch? The running track was almost like a moat with all the water surrounding it!
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 317
    Go USA! Slowly putting the pieces together. It does matter though, they will be put in the group of the death no matter what place they finish.
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 317
    Wow. Just Wow. I'm speechless.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If you lose to Trinidad, then you don't deserve to go anywhere LOL
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Australia barely beat Syria.

Ange ran 3 backs, a stopper, 5 midfielders and a full forward.

That's called playing Football Manager drunk.

He even had Mooy who's a big reason Huddersfield are in the Premiere League this year on the bench....
    Now they have to eliminate themselves with Honduras now (which is perfectly winnable for the Aussies)
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    We have a 4-4-2 side, 4-5-1 even. We're not a 3 back team. We're not Brazil. Win or lose Ange needs the sack. We have too much good youth on the bench because he's flogging 36 year old horses.
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,163
    I just realized, why does uefa get 13 teams for the WC??

Why not give an extra to Africa or something
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion

Usually it's because of the higher quality of teams playing there?

I mean come on, even CONCACAF gets 3.5 tickets, which I believe is WAAAAAY too many for the quality of the area.

And Africa tends to be a little bit overrated, Ghana in 2010 has literally been the only African team to access the top 4 in over 70 years of history.

I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,496
    Oh boy USA out
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
    Argentina made it in same as Colombia. Chile is out lol and Peru plays New Zealand for a spot
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    New Zealand are pretty good for a small country where football isn't the main sport.
    edited October 11

Because the 15th best European team would beat the third best African team. If any area needs more it's the Americas as basically every South and Central American team is solid. Africa and Asia are weak football zones but they occasionally produce good teams.

A lot of it has to do with development, like having football academies, a strong domestic league, travel opportunities for exposure. Europe has all that in spades. Lots of African nations overachieve because of low GDP
    The French also poach lots of the African talent.
    I'm not sure if I should be salty because somehow Argentina qualified or if I should be happy because they have a great offensive team when it's setup right and we might see a Brazil vs. Argentina match in the World Cup.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    "There's nothing wrong with what we're doing."

lol ok, Bruce.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,163
    Thanks for the insight guys! I guess when you look at it, the current system kinda makes sense. If anything maybe you can play around with an extra slot and maybe switch a playoff position or whatever.

The US being out is actually a blessing in disguise because they're gonna have to try harder next time and not be a laughing stock!
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
    FrostyAU wrote: »

Because the 15th best European team would beat the third best African team. If any area needs more it's the Americas as basically every South and Central American team is solid. Africa and Asia are weak football zones but they occasionally produce good teams.

LOL no, except for Mexico and Costa Rica (I was gonna include the US but it's apparent they have gotten WORSE) the rest are a bunch of jobbers. I fully expect Panama to gather 3 losses and GTFO in a hurry in the next WC.
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Hold up, Panama got in and the US didn't!?

Sandbagging to not go to Russia confirmed. How did they manage to mess up this badly!?
    edited October 11
    Central America I agree. However South America is stronger than Africa Asia and Oceania. Uruguay Colombia Paraguay and now Peru are better than most non euro countries in addition to Brazil and Argentina

Is not just tradition but competition. New Zealand is playing Peru for a spot. Peru has played 16 games against all South American countries (including Brazil twice) meanwhile New Zealand has played 4 games against Fiji and Solomon Islands ROFL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file