1109110111112113115»

Comments

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,415
    Lol new Zealand again

Last time they played for a world Cup spot

Mexico basically destroyed them

• LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    locoghoul wrote: »
    Central America I agree. However South America is stronger than Africa Asia and Oceania. Uruguay Colombia Paraguay and now Peru are better than most non euro countries in addition to Brazil and Argentina

Oh, nobody argues South America's potential. There are easily 4-5 highly competitive national squads down there. It's when you go a little bit north of the equator where things start to get a little bit iffy.

I hope Mexico reconsiders the idea of going to South America for the qualifying phases, because they're NOT going to come up smelling roses, I guarantee that.

BTW people are arguing whether or not Panama should actually go to the WC due to one of their goals last night vs Costa Rica was basically inexistant (the ball never even remotely crossed the goal line), but then again, France qualified with a handball by Thierry Henry in 2010, so eh....
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,320
    Australia don't qualify through Oceania any more. We used to play the 5th highest South American team to qualify (usually like Uraguay or something) now we go through Asia and the Middle East. We play in the Asian equivalent of the Champions league as well with our domestic sides.
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,415
    So the U.S lost to a B team Trinidad a "B" team?! Flol no wonder lantis is salty.

• locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,950
    The US only cared/started to care to host the 94 WC. Ever since it has gotten a free pass playing shit teams. If you were to randomize ALL Americas into two big groups USA would never make it
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,303
    Bruce is gone. Again. Let's bring back Bob Bradley while we're at it.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,242
    They should hire Carlo Ancelotti.
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 289
    The US only cared/started to care to host the 94 WC. Ever since it has gotten a free pass playing shit teams. If you were to randomize ALL Americas into two big groups USA would never make it

This is probably the dumbest post I've ever seen on SRK. Let me guess, you hate the U.S team-because of what exactly?
    If I say Bosnia's team is bad, does that make me hate it?? nice logic
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,455
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"

Shit, I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Why would you say the US team has played shit teams since 94? That just sounds like a lot hate. I'm pretty clear about the shit I say-just tell me how you really feel.
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,774

Shit, I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Why would you say the US team has played shit teams since 94? That just sounds like a lot hate. I'm pretty clear about the shit I say-just tell me how you really feel.

Let's be honest here. Besides Mexico, is there a good NT in North America?

USA and Mexico should be in every WC for free, but we're seeing nonsense like US not going but Panama showing up.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    The U.S has a handful of decent players. There are a lot of people that care about soccer as well.

The issue is a lot of people that come from soccer backgrounds or find soccer get converted to other sports. If you're an athlete and you're amazing at more than just kicking a ball you'll probably get talked into something else by your parents.
    edited October 14
    I am not familiar with the Panamanian soccer scene, but people say they have been leveling up. Mexico has had it easy for many years, having to play countries that are not powerhouses in football. But we remember what happened when they played played Chile 7-0.

And this was a Mexico that had been wining the last 10 games prior.

They say the South American qualifiers are some of the toughest in the world, and personally I am in agreement with those who say all the americas should play each other for qualifiers, no concacaf or conmebol. Too much talent left out.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,774
    I am not familiar with the Panamanian soccer scene, but people say they have been leveling up. Mexico has had it easy for many years, having to play countries that are not powerhouses in football. But we remember what happened when they played played Chile 7-0.

And this was a Mexico that had been wining the last 10 games prior.

They say the South American qualifiers are some of the toughest in the world, and personally I am in agreement with those who say all the americas should play each other for qualifiers, no concacaf or conmebol. Too much talent left out.

If that happens, South American teams will run rampant with only Mexico being able to keep up and the US will get last chance qualifiers at best.

SAQ is intense, there's always 6 teams that should qualify but only 4-5 spots.

For example Chile. Chile would've gotten a spot in any other qualifier with the possible exception of the European. Instead, they're out of the next one.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    edited October 14
    Funny thing about Chile being out of the World Cup, they filed a complaint to FIFA when a Uruguayan become a Bolivian citizen but didn't wait enough time in order to legally play with the Bolivian team. Chile took Bolivia to the courts to gain 2 qualifying points. But this also gave Peru 3 points. Without this, Chile would be in playoffs.

USA could have a chance if FIFA recognizes that that ghost goal from Panama is illegal.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,303
    edited October 14
    LOL Chelsea

Edit: LOL Arsenal
    Post edited by ThePurpleBunny on
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    edited October 14
    Funny thing about Chile being out of the World Cup, they filed a complaint to FIFA when a Uruguayan become a Bolivian citizen but didn't wait enough time in order to legally play with the Bolivian team. Chile took Bolivia to the courts to gain 2 qualifying points. But this also gave Peru 3 points. Without this, Chile would be in playoffs.

USA could have a chance if FIFA recognizes that that ghost goal from Panama is illegal.

Every single South American country despises Chile and this goes beyond soccer. We are talking about the country that served as UK proxy military base during the Falklands Island thing and the one that sold nitrate to Germany during WW1. If we talk soccer, yeah they are the ones usually bitching for points all the time. They are now asking FIFA to review the Peru-Colombia match cause according to them there was a "pact" ROFL
    Niggas don't remember their 3-3 tie with Colombia that made Colombia go to the WC years ago where the last 15 minutes was Colombia just passing the ball between defenders
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    The U.S has a handful of decent players. There are a lot of people that care about soccer as well.

The issue is a lot of people that come from soccer backgrounds or find soccer get converted to other sports. If you're an athlete and you're amazing at more than just kicking a ball you'll probably get talked into something else by your parents.

“We’ve developed a lot of highly trained but mediocre rich kids while missing out on training lots of potentially fantastic poor kids (theatlantic.com).” This is so true. I played high school soccer for an inner-city school. There was this one kid named Curly (Hispanic)-he was truly amazing. To this day, I haven't seen anyone play like that on a soccer field. I think he's an auto mechanic now. It makes you wonder, what if he had the opportunity to play on the big stage? A friend of mine that had earned a scholarship to a Div 1 school for soccer told me that he had to play in league outside of high school soccer to earn a scholarship. Because there was practically no college scouts or scholarships available for inner-city players-which makes no sense. After high school, most of us went straight to the workforce. The few that did go to college-went to colleges that didn't have a soccer team or ones that didn't take soccer serious. Can you imagine if the NBA or NCAA followed a model like this?
    edited October 14

Every single South American country despises Chile and this goes beyond soccer.

They are now asking FIFA to review the Peru-Colombia match cause according to them there was a "pact" ROFL

Oh, I know. Yo se. I know what they think about Chile. I have read comments, fights. We have had Chileans friends, one of those turned out... like what most of those people called them out to be. But that's neither here nor there.

Well, there was a Peruvian player who did say a Colombian reached him for the pact thing. I don't think that's going to go anywhere, but we'll see. What seems to be true is that some Chilean players arrived drunk to the practices. There was a lack of discipline.

That's

Every single South American country despises Chile and this goes beyond soccer.

They are now asking FIFA to review the Peru-Colombia match cause according to them there was a "pact" ROFL

Oh, I know. Yo se. I know what they think about Chile. I have read comments, fights. We have had Chileans friends, one of those turned out... like what most of those people called them out to be. But that's neither here nor there.

Well, there was a Peruvian player who did say a Colombian reached him for the pact thing. I don't think that's going to go anywhere, but we'll see. What seems to be true is that some Chilean players arrived drunk to the practices. There was a lack of discipline.

That sadly is/was common in most south american countries. Colombia, Peru and Bolivia have had similar issues in the past. I recall there was one major incident in Peru last WC quals where at least half of the players spent the night with hookers at one hotel and drank all night. That was the night before a game lol

“We’ve developed a lot of highly trained but mediocre rich kids while missing out on training lots of potentially fantastic poor kids (theatlantic.com).” This is so true. I played high school soccer for an inner-city school. There was this one kid named Curly (Hispanic)-he was truly amazing. To this day, I haven't seen anyone play like that on a soccer field. I think he's an auto mechanic now. It makes you wonder, what if he had the opportunity to play on the big stage? A friend of mine that had earned a scholarship to a Div 1 school for soccer told me that he had to play in league outside of high school soccer to earn a scholarship. Because there was practically no college scouts or scholarships available for inner-city players-which makes no sense. After high school, most of us went straight to the workforce. The few that did go to college-went to colleges that didn't have a soccer team or ones that didn't take soccer serious. Can you imagine if the NBA or NCAA followed a model like this?

It's like that here. In high school I was one of the best defenders in the local league. No opportunities though. I'm from a small area and everyone plays AFL. If I went to a private school in a big city I might have been scouted or offered a scholarship or something but down here there was nowhere to go with it and I didn't have the money to go chasing opportunities on my own.

There were plenty of other players better than me as well and none of them went anywhere either.

It's like that here. In high school I was one of the best defenders in the local league. No opportunities though. I'm from a small area and everyone plays AFL. If I went to a private school in a big city I might have been scouted or offered a scholarship or something but down here there was nowhere to go with it and I didn't have the money to go chasing opportunities on my own.

There were plenty of other players better than me as well and none of them went anywhere either.

Man it's so stupid. I remember playing against college players that had full rides when I was a junior in high school; they wanted to practice with us. Guess what?? They were weak ass hell, we were playing right past these guys. I'm thinking like how did these guys get a scholarship.
    edited October 15

Man it's so stupid. I remember playing against college players that had full rides when I was a junior in high school; they wanted to practice with us. Guess what?? They were weak ass hell, we were playing right past these guys. I'm thinking like how did these guys get a scholarship.

Yeah I know man. In the U.K kids join academies at 8. They don't go to college but get so much help if they show talent. Down here no one cares. You need to play a different sport.

If I was in the States it would have been the same thing. Since I was a kid I've always been tall, lean and fast. Makes me a good defender in soccer but in the States they'd peg me as like a Safety in gridiron or a guard in Basketball. I wouldn't have been encouraged to stay at Soccer.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,064
    Seattle Sounders are still in...