The Football (Soccer) Thread - Season 2017/2018

1858687888991»

Comments

• LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, when they stop blowing 4-0 leads....then we can talk top tier.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,951
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    PSG isn't a second tier team, they've been doing well in international competition for a long time

Matches against Barca excluded, of course.

Ref assist. But Barca are Barca. They've consistently been the best team in the world. It's wrong to say hey because you're not the Patriots you're not a great side
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    To me they're in the same league as Manchester City and Dortmund. Great talent, but if you can't attach some results to that....
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Man City won the Premiere League in 12 and 14
    Do any of you guys watch MLS?
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,078

Sometimes
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion

Sometimes

I get the odd news notification and read the odd story but I never know where to watch it
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,078

Sometimes

I get the odd news notification and read the odd story but I never know where to watch it

Sometimes on FS1 or Comcast sports net of your area
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,992
    I watch it when I can if it's on TV. Or when the Sounders play I'll try to stream it.

Though they've become the Leicester City of MLS the way they disgrace the idea of "defending champs" by being shit this year.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist

Sometimes

Sometimes on FS1 or Comcast sports net of your area

I live in Australia. I think you need satellite t.v for the local versions of those
    I watch it when I can if it's on TV. Or when the Sounders play I'll try to stream it.

Though they've become the Leicester City of MLS the way they disgrace the idea of "defending champs" by being shit this year.

I follow Dynamo because I follow the Texans. No other reason.
    Watch Arsenal pull out this FA cup win and save Wenger's job.

Called it.

http://www.espnfc.us/arsenal/story/3136320/arsene-wenger-to-sign-new-arsenal-deal-on-wednesday-reports
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,700
    The club better use these next 2 years to form an exit strategy, we need a replacement competent enough to able to hit the ground running, not do a Man U and hire someone who'd be in way over their head like Moyes.
    The market for Champions league football managers is pretty bare. Look at West Ham. They've been on the cusp of the Champions League for years but are still stuck paying Slaven Bilic because what other options are there.
    The club better use these next 2 years to form an exit strategy, we need a replacement competent enough to able to hit the ground running, not do a Man U and hire someone who'd be in way over their head like Moyes.

Moyes is available now tho.

Just sayin'.
    Twitchy | Twatter
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 724
    Tuchel, but he probably won't be available for long except if he takes a year out of management.
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 755
    Big Sam is also available. >_>.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
    The problem is the rich get richer as the best players and coaches only want to go to Champions League regulars
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,210
    edited June 2
    The problem is the rich get richer as the best players and coaches only want to go to Champions League regulars

Naw celtic are in Europe every year and as usual are star player is a random black guy that flew under the epl radar, God bless Dembele.

Also Celtic first UK team to win the treble and not lose a single game in the season haha. This is gonna hurt when we get dumped outta Europe again early. #invincibles
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    crucades wrote: »

Naw celtic are in Europe every year and as usual are star player is a random black guy that flew under the epl radar, God bless Dembele.

Also Celtic first UK team to win the treble and not lose a single game in the season haha. This is gonna hurt when we get dumped outta Europe again early. #invincibles

There was talk a while back of Celtic and Rangers joining the EPL in an expansion fashion but it didn't happen. There are a couple of Welsh clubs in the EPL currently and even a Scottish team playing Div 4 or something.
    Who's winning UCL tomorrow? Zidane's my second dad but I would love to see the trophy outside of spain.
    I think RM will win but Juve are great this season.
    Like most neutrals, I don't want Real to retain the cup.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
    Dat bicycle kick goal omg
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Welp, you come out flat in the 2nd half, and having to be better than Ronaldo is handsome, GGPO Juventus.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Back to back CL trophies... Happy for Zidane but it's time for the likes of Bayern, Chelsea, Man United etc to reach that level again.
    Cuadrado just got one of the dumbest red cards ever here.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    EPL pre-season has started.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,746
    Seattle Sounders still owning...
    In my opinion pre-season means nothing.
    USWNT just lost to Australia for the first time ever. Fairly proud of our women's team. Most women here play Netball but other sports like Cricket, AFL and Rugby have followings. Soccer often gets forgotten about.
    Apparently PSG are paying a third of a billion dollars to trigger Neymar's release clause from Barca. They're signing him to a roughly 40 million plus endorsements contract on top of it.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,700
    I think only the two Manchester clubs would be able to afford him and even then they would probably have to do some book balancing.
    lol who gives a fuck about PSG? Why doesn't he go to a top 3 PL team?

Because Wenger would just misuse him on their way to another disappointing season before they loan Neymar to PSG anyway.
    Twitchy | Twatter

Because Wenger would just misuse him on their way to another disappointing season before they loan Neymar to PSG anyway.

He said a top 3 pl team, not arsenal :coffee:
    Slurmz wrote: »

He said a top 3 pl team, not arsenal :coffee:

correct
    ... :cry:

When you're one of the best in the world you don't care about domestic titles. PSG are competitive in the Champions League and the easier domestic schedule will help him stay fresh and pad his stats. He wants golden balls and he doesn't want to be under Messi's shadow any more.

As for the PL you need that Arab Oil mega-billionaire money for that sort of thing. Only Man City really have that currently.
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 381
    DGVA2etUMAAMH2A.jpg
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Feng Second: Josie
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,346
    So the United Women’s Soccer,national league sanctioned by US Soccer, awarded the player of the year award to Denya Castellanos a.k.a. The Queen

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    At first I was "lol Arsenal".

Now I'm "lol Leicester".

Was hoping for that Gunners rage on Twitter.
    Twitchy | Twatter

Was hoping for that Gunners rage on Twitter.

Chelsea losing today to Burnley is the icing, sprinkles and cherry on top :rofl:
    The fuck is happening in this El Classico?
    Twitchy | Twatter
    What a man Ronaldo is.
    A man under a 5-game suspension for touching that ref who sent him off.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Yeah Ronaldo is in big trouble.

He should know better by now that the spotlight is on him and you can't do that shit.