[Oni + Evil Ryu] SF4 Characters as SF3 Sprites

Comments

• DruckerDrucker Nice shootin', tex! Joined: Posts: 11
    Goddamn these are fantastic.

They literally fit perfectly into the game, Gouken especially.
  • kariidokariido campaignforliberty Joined: Posts: 311
    Man, those renditions are outstanding. Good job.
    ".. In other words, Street Fighter IV is easy to start up with, and if newcomers play it and reach a professional level, those players may be able to move onto Street Fighter III."
    -Yoshinori Ono

Judaism and Zionism -Rabbi Goldstein: youtube.com/watch?v=w4YjyCpN4gA
  • EsuraEsura Joined: Posts: 356
    Take off image tabs when you quote images please... =]

Oh sorry about that. Forgot it does that.
    Got negged for it but hey, it happens. No biggie.

And nice C.Viper sprite!

Now, you should make SF4 characters as KOFXII sprites next with yo skills.
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
  • HexedHexed Joined: Posts: 79
    I definitely like to play a version of SF3 with these characters in it. lol.

It would be a dream come true, and crush anything SF4 has.
  • AriaAria The Origination Joined: Posts: 3,513
    New additions are great, especially Abel's. You're doing a great job. :smile:
    YOMI TACTICS TEAM/KAGURA OFFENSE FORCE
    Aria||Ephidel
  • kte03kte03 The Hundreds Joined: Posts: 1,013
    It would be a dream come true, and crush anything SF4 has.

Everything just leads to SF4 hate. lol.
    My avatar is really Dudley in disguise.
  • doyoudigwormsdoyoudigworms ..... Joined: Posts: 592
    Fantastic. These are brilliant, it really just makes me wish SF4 was still hand drawn 2D, instead of this pseudo 3D/2D-esque thing they got going on now.

This is why 2D should never die!
    3S: Q / VS: Aulbath/Victor / ST: DeeJay / A2: Rose
  • Predacon RampagePredacon Rampage Skullgirl Blood Joined: Posts: 404
    Great work man, they look good.
    Skullgirls: Painwhee/Marie
    KOF: Iori, K', & Shen
    VS: Lilith Sub: Jedah & Demitri
    BB: Hazama Sub: Tager
  • RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 675
    I can't wait for some El Fuerte action!
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
  • twoinchestwoinches B*tches Be thirsty Joined: Posts: 29
    those are pretty epic
    Kerrigan is all I need
  • AQUA-PURAAQUA-PURA @theasianloner Joined: Posts: 1,634
    Really like how you did their names and their thumbnails on the life bar.
    "DingDangDoom... BITCH MAKE ROOM!" - DDD
  • MVKMVK FlannelJack Joined: Posts: 46
    I'm really loving these sprites. Especially Rufus. Gouken looks great but, is too large.
    Live in or near the Pioneer Valley/Western Massachusetts? Want to get some USF4, UMVC3, or 3S games in? Join us at the Noho Dojo in Downtown Northampton every other Wednesday, starting September 16th, 2015!

Follow us on Twitter @TheNohoDojo, and Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheNohoDojo, for info!
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SF4 height and weight list

Abel

Height: 6'5"

weight: 187lbs

Waist: 33 inches

Hips: 35 inches

Akuma

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 176lbs

Hips: 34 inches

Gouken

Height: 6'1"

weight: 198lbs

Waist: 37 inches

edit: Gouken is 3 inches taller and 22 pounds heavier then Akuma.

C.Viper

Height 5'10"

Weight: 124lbs

Waist: 24 inches

El Furete

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 154lbs

waist: 32 inches

Rufus

Weight: 408lbs

waist: 98 inches

Hips: 86 inches

Seth

weight: 187lbs

"you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
    I think there really needs to be a 3s style game with all the characters that weren't in it.

sagat3sstance.gif

It would be sexy to play as sagat or any one else.

(The actual sprite was made by a brazilian spriter, I took one sprite and created the animation.)
    Live in or near the Pioneer Valley/Western Massachusetts? Want to get some USF4, UMVC3, or 3S games in? Join us at the Noho Dojo in Downtown Northampton every other Wednesday, starting September 16th, 2015!

Follow us on Twitter @TheNohoDojo, and Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheNohoDojo, for info!
  • steamboy33steamboy33 Joined: Posts: 88
    I'm really loving these sprites. Especially Rufus. Gouken looks great but, is too large.

Thanks man, and yeah I agree Gouken is a bit too big. I tried to base the sizes off a screenshot with the character vs. Ryu in SF4, and then used the SF3 Ryu to measure. However, SF3 Ryu looks taller than SF4 Ryu, which caused me to misjudge Gouken's size. He was the first one I did though so after that I kinda got the hang of things.

Damn, Sagatryu, that's some detailed information on the characters' size! waist AND hip size?

I'm a little curious on how El Fuerte is gonna turn out, since he's so much smaller than the other characters.

MVK, thats one sick ass sagat sprite! Did that brazilian guy do any more SF3 style sprites?
    Yeah he did. He did Balrog, Vega, Bison, Sakura as a Gym teacher, Dhalsim, E.Honda, Guile, Zangief. He may have done dee jay and t.hawk. Actually now that I remember, he did everyone from ST except the four that are in 3S Unfortunately he did them years ago and his site went down. I haven't been able to find them. I've been looking for the last year, but to no avail.

• iTCHiTCH RULER OF SHADALOO Joined: Posts: 81
    there needs 2 be a M. Bison sprite... that's my boy
    BisonMinaj-2.jpg
    ~You wanna Minaj, Now lets get NASTY~
  • fire.tisanefire.tisane Artisticly Inclined Joined: Posts: 354
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaymn dude! I am seriously impressed with this. Fan-freaking-tastic. If we're in the suggesting mode, I would like to have an updated look on Guile's sprite. And lets not forget El Fuerte too dude. He's the last of the new kids and it would rock seeing his size compared to, oh lets say Sean or Hugo, haha. Oh dude, Zangeif vs. Hugo. hahaha, again, amazing job dude.
    The following statment is true. The previous statment is false.
  • C RoydC Royd Joined: Posts: 1,781
    Hi Arnold
    Subscribe to my channel: www.youtube.com/RoydRoydRoyd
    Follow me on Twitter: @RoydRoydRoyd
    I Eliminated JS in his own CVS2 Retirement tournament. C-Royd for president of Canada!
    yeah that stuffs from the the Japanese Acarde guide book which Vasil 10 translate. Seth's stats come from the Japanse console guide book which was also translate by Vasil 10.

Edit: yeah those are the waist and hip sizes , and yes Rufus waist has it's own zip code.
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
    Yeah he did. He did Balrog, Vega, Bison, Sakura as a Gym teacher, Dhalsim, E.Honda, Guile, Zangief. He may have done dee jay and t.hawk. Actually now that I remember, he did everyone from ST except the four that are in 3S Unfortunately he did them years ago and his site went down. I haven't been able to find them. I've been looking for the last year, but to no avail.

Sakura as a GYM TEACHER!?
    Sucks you cant find the site though. All that work.....sigh.
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Sakura as a GYM TEACHER!?
    Sucks you cant find the site though. All that work.....sigh.

Damn dude! i would kill to see those! What was the spriter's name/ website name?

EDIT: Ok I did some digging and I found these: http://www.freewebs.com/marancv/efex.htm

this efex guy is pure awesome
    EDIT: Ok I did some digging and I found these: http://www.freewebs.com/marancv/efex.htm

Dude I feel like a dumbass, I've been looking for forever and you found them instantly. Those were the sprites i was talking about.

Edit: I had forgotten his name but now that you've reminded me i did some digging myself and i found more sprites that weren't on that page you posted and additionally i found his website, it's no longer down, however the pictures are acting funky and can't be seen.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?PHPSESSID=468d1f9f3171124a55cf6231eca5632b&topic=89327.0 This shows the others that weren't posted.

http://galeon.com/efex/web/page6.html This is efex's capcom edits page.

If the pictures work for someone else please post them. Specifically that Dee Jay sprite.

Efex may also not have been brazilian but I think he is from spain.

Edit: Efex is a user on this site. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=124595

• C RoydC Royd Joined: Posts: 1,781
    yo "Steamboy" if that's your real name

my friend DarkDragon from brebeuf wants to use some of your sprites as avatrs for the next T tournament. He's black. Just thought i'd throw that in there.
    Subscribe to my channel: www.youtube.com/RoydRoydRoyd
    Follow me on Twitter: @RoydRoydRoyd
    I Eliminated JS in his own CVS2 Retirement tournament. C-Royd for president of Canada!
    MVX and steamboy33, you guys are awesome for finding those sprites!

EDIT: Hey steamboy, your link wont let me right click stuff. What should I do?
    MVX and steamboy33, you guys are awesome for finding those sprites!

EDIT: Hey steamboy, your link wont let me right click stuff. What should I do?

Press the Prnt Scrn button then paste it into MS Paint or any image editing program. Then edit out the one you want it's pretty easy.

Oh, ok thanks!
  • kte03kte03 The Hundreds Joined: Posts: 1,013
    Damn dude! i would kill to see those! What was the spriter's name/ website name?

this efex guy is pure awesome

WOW, those pocket fighter sprites are AWESOME. But what makes me sad, ever since my MUGEN years (like 3 years ago) is that I could NEVER find a single Pocket Blanka. Not even a sprite ;(
    My avatar is really Dudley in disguise.
    Efex hand draw all of the SF3 sprites for the SF2 Cast
    yo "Steamboy" if that's your real name

my friend DarkDragon from brebeuf wants to use some of your sprites as avatrs for the next T tournament. He's black. Just thought i'd throw that in there.

Yeah tell him go ahead, and only because he's black

When is the next T tourney?
  • LBCLBC KISHISHISHISHI Joined: Posts: 3,681
    noice!
    "LBC once parried Daigo super....I SEEN IT!"- JAY "KILLA Z' TANNER

3rd Strike: Makoto/Q/Alex/Urien
    MvC2: MSP
    SFV: Alex / R.Mika

LBC-GFX
  • ExMachinaExMachina valar morghulis Joined: Posts: 276
    I just wanted to add to the praise heap here - and then I saw your PSN tag. No wonder these are so great, lol. Been a fan of your work since following you/Herb/eJoo on Apt 604.

Amazing sprites, they fit the 3s style (which is still the high-point in 2d sprite work, IMO) perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing Fuerte. :)
    r4r3truffle.deviantart.com || gamersatuva.com || PSN/Steam - exmakina || GFWL - ExMachina13
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    steamboy your sprites are fantastic, i love them. keep up the good work!
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    I just wanted to add to the praise heap here - and then I saw your PSN tag. No wonder these are so great, lol. Been a fan of your work since following you/Herb/eJoo on Apt 604.

Amazing sprites, they fit the 3s style (which is still the high-point in 2d sprite work, IMO) perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing Fuerte. :)

Thanks man :)

I'm a die hard 2D fan as well, and you're right, 3s is definitely the pinnacle. Even though KOFXII is nice and high res juicy, it still doesn't compare to the fluidity of sf3's animation (probably because the KOF ones were done first in 3d).

That being said, I'm really looking forward to KOFXII and BlazBlue!
  • shubaccashubacca so many long time Joined: Posts: 329
    These are fantastical. It'd be nice if someone could take these and animate em.
  • ScissormanScissorman Neal D. Anderson Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Are you Arnold Tsang from Udon?

Your ps3 gamertag is the same as Arnold Tsang's deviantart handle.

But awesome work man! And thanks for finding Efex's new site!
    I know he isn't in SFIV, but I whipped up a 3s styled Charlie.

charlie3s.png

• PENETRATORPENETRATOR Short Swing Bro. Joined: Posts: 194
    Oh my godddd. <3
    You should definitely do the rest of the new characters.

Here's the original for one of my old avatars that you might find interesting, seth's kick in SF3 SETH_KICK-67e.GIF
    Short Swing Bro.
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,069
    Thanks man :)

I'm a die hard 2D fan as well, and you're right, 3s is definitely the pinnacle. Even though KOFXII is nice and high res juicy, it still doesn't compare to the fluidity of sf3's animation (probably because the KOF ones were done first in 3d).

i agree. awesome stuff you got going here:pray:
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • LaneLane down for 3rd strikue frinedlies Joined: Posts: 3,326
    Street Fighter IV: Fourth Strike

that would have been a superb game
    btw 3s didn't die. The old guys that run evo and all the other tournaments forced it into retirement because it couldn't turn up a nice enough profit for their mcribs and abercrombie jackets.
    -dander
  • DA GAMEDA GAME Version 3.5 Joined: Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Steamboy do Rose & Bison
  • shiningsoulshiningsoul P-ness Joined: Posts: 414
    Here are some official SFIV character sprites done in 3S style: http://www.capcom-fc.com/sf4/2009/01/iv_1.html

The Rufus sprite is the only one shown in full, while the Ryu, Viper, Rose, and Honda sprites are mainly silhouette. I think these were done for XBOX 360's premium themes.

Anyways, comparing your sprites to the official ones, yours are just as legit. Great stuff, can't wait to see El Fuerte done up.
    Y B Squrred !
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    Steamboy, amazing stuff. AMAZING....
  • coco_jcoco_j Joined: Posts: 330
    I'm sad that they're all done now. They all look superb.
  • KurushiiKurushii Kurushii.TV Joined: Posts: 98
    0.0 Amazing job! Very nice detail on those!
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 1,955
    omgggg someone rep this bastard if they havent already!!!!
  • Mr ListMr List Lord of the Scrubs Joined: Posts: 1,393
    sweet.
    Hey hey let's go kenka suru , Taisetsu no mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    cool stuff! : - )
    think we could see it animated?
  • matrixdubmatrixdub Joined: Posts: 137

Anyways, comparing your sprites to the official ones, yours are just as legit. Great stuff, can't wait to see El Fuerte done up.

Psht, the official ones are pants compared to these!
  • PENETRATORPENETRATOR Short Swing Bro. Joined: Posts: 194
    ELF looks great, you have done good to the world this day.
    Short Swing Bro.