Monterey/Salinas players

SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
I know you're out there. Im trapped in Monterey and want to play real people.

I can hold gatherings on weekends, I have a nice big empty house to do it in.

I know some of you in the area but the more the merrier.

Comments

• daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    Are you going to Fuddruckers on Sunday?
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    If its close by, where is it?

Im interested in getting a scene going in Monterey/Seaside, maybe Salinas.

I cant travel at all really and we can get a lot more games in if we play each other close by.
    Nope, but for anyone who isn't going or is feeling amped enough to play after the tourney, I'm up to host something tonight. Sf4, cvs2, 3s, whatever.
    Oops, I mean it is Sunday.
  • DopeUyuuDopeUyuu wacha cha Joined: Posts: 427
    what time tonight? if so im really considering going,

o and day day what time are you leaving tommarow to fudd's?

나락에 핀 꽃 (The Flower Bloomed in Hell)
    currently stuck in my head ^__^
    7:30, pm me for whoever is interested, I still can't go to that tourney no matter what day, but I can help you guys practice for it.

I have a 42inch flatpanel, a 360 with sf4, and a modded ps2 with pretty much anygame worth playing
    Sadly my only joystick works for ps2/3 so I would honestly prefer someone bring a ps3

And for what it's worth a DC with marvel and jojo
    what time tonight? if so im really considering going,

o and day day what time are you leaving tommarow to fudd's?

I'm going early prob leave at 9 to get their around 11 to set up, but I am not staying all night though. I am staying till 6-7pm. So I will not be watching the finals more than likely.

You want a ride?
  • deadmouthdeadmouth Joined: Posts: 2
    third strike players in monterey?!?!?! I just moved out here in april and am driving to san francisco this weekend to look for an arcade to find some 3s action. i play in the a/s-tier in 3s and b for gg, arcana hearts, and tekken. surprised to find other 3s players here but i am definently willing to support the scene. i haven't played sf4 yet (mostly caused i'm pissed there's no parrying...) what kind of sticks do you guys have? let me know the next time there is some kind of get together or a way i kind contact someone to get involved.

p.s. practice your chun.
    dude i've been looking all over monterey/salinas for 3s for quite a while, what's your guy's plan for next week?

Your best bet is Sunnyvale Gold Land.
    I believe on Wednesdays it is all you can play for $12 or something like that. I went there one time when Blazblue came out and got wrecked by this feminine guy in a peacoat and scarf.

Months later I found out it was Ricky Ortiz, lol.

What an honor. So, you can find top players in there.
  • Maji-OMNIMaji-OMNI Joined: Posts: 162
    Is anyone still around?
  • KiLLaKeLLyKiLLaKeLLy Higher Iron Man Joined: Posts: 594
    Im still in salinas
    Goonie Squad
    Xbox GT/PSN ID : OoKiLLaKeLLyoO
    UMVC3: Cap/DeadPool/IM, Chris/IM/Doom
  • ey3boxxey3boxx "Your not a MotherF*ckin Factor Dude!" Joined: Posts: 28
    Yo...im in Salinas. I'm down for a session whenever!
    " I option-select my life! "
    www.youtube.com/ey3boxx
    Team Channel:
    www.youtube.com/ON1gamingTV
    Anyone down to try to get something going again? The only problem seems to be location.
  • CamtronoconCamtronocon Joined: Posts: 97
    Love to see this thread! I grew up in in Carmel Valley, Monterey Peninsula is beautiful but boring. I think a good fighting game (well overall gaming) community could really flourish there as that is how my friends and I entertained ourselves a lot of the time for our childhood and adolescence. Just have to flush the gamers out of the woodwork I know they are out there. Good Luck and maybe we can meet up for SSF4 the next time I visit!
    I taunt taunt taunt
    What Chu taunt taunt taunt
  • ricobrian88ricobrian88 Rage Quit PUNCH Joined: Posts: 362
    Well if it isnt the legendary Dopeyuu and all his beauty flooding up SRK, i'm in heaven now
    Ahhhhh brian you know how to make a person smile with them pearly whites. Aren't you the same person that wrote that chip skylark song?

• GhostalGhostal カースヘッド Joined: Posts: 1,393
    shoutouts to geoff for having the best FHD Lee in the nation, I shall still be there ballooning you all day though!

Also, next session: Jewpuncher+Melty Blood+Savior+Virtua Fighter, get fuckkingggg hype

today was a good ass day in salinas
    Jimmyjtran: shang tsundere
  • ricobrian88ricobrian88 Rage Quit PUNCH Joined: Posts: 362
    Ahhhhh brian you know how to make a person smile with them pearly whites. Aren't you the same person that wrote that chip skylark song?

i believe you were the one that composed that, WHILE you were sleeping. Sometimes true Elegance is a mystery, but DopeUyuu, your a miracle.
    Where?
    we hold some sessions randomly at people's houses but from what I understand Hulky 831 is gonna throw a session sometime next week, will keep you updated for sure Maj

• DrabogDrabog Joined: Posts: 51
    we hold some sessions randomly at people's houses but from what I understand Hulky 831 is gonna throw a session sometime next week, will keep you updated for sure Maj

hmmmm...might be worth the 1h drive to come back down.
    Copied from the other thread.
    PS3:
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Blaz Blue Calamity Trigger
    HD Remix
    MvC2

Wii:
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    SNES Fighters
    Genesis Fighters
    TG16/PCE Fighters

PS2:
    Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
    Street FIghter Alpha Anthology
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    Basara X
    KoF XI
    KoF 2002 UM
    KoF 98 UM
    Capcom vs SNK Chaos
    Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
    Samuari Shodown Anthology
    Guilty Gear Accent Core
    Guilty Gear Accent Core +
    Fist of the North Star
    Rumble Fish
    Melty Blood : Actress Again
    Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Codes
    Arcana Heart
    Waku Waku 7
    Galaxy Fight
    Darkstalkers Collection
    Capcom Fighting Evolution
    Garou Mark of the Wolves
    KoF 94 ReBout
    Spectral Vs Generation
    Guilty Gear X
    Power Instinct Matrimelee
    ADK Collection
    Fuuun Super Combo
    Fatal Fury Vol 2
    World Heroes Collection
    Art of Fighting Collection
    King of Fighters Orochi Saga
    King of Fighters NESTS Saga
    King of Fighters 2000
    King of Fighters 2001
    King of Fighters 2002
    King of Fighters 2003
    King of Fighters Neowave

Dreamcast:
    Street Fighter II Super Turbo
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Street FIghter III Double Impact
    Street Fighter III Third Strike
    Marvel VS Capcom 1
    Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Capcom vs SNK
    Capcom vs SNK Pro
    JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    Darkstalkers
    Garou
    Project Justice
    Last Blade 2
    KoF 98
    KoF 99
    KoF 2000
    KoF 2001
    KoF 2002
    Soul Calibur
    Tech Romancer
    Plasma Sword

PC:
    Blaze Blue Continuum Shift
    for those interested tomorrow around 3 pm, Gabe831 is holding a session for super.

Address:
    86 West Street APT H, Salinas, CA, 93901

only one set up so far which is 360.

How long would you be running? I don't think I can be there at three but a little later may be possible.

THat and what would people want me to bring system-wise.
    for those interested tomorrow around 3 pm, Gabe831 is holding a session for super.

Address:
    86 West Street APT H, Salinas, CA, 93901

only one set up so far which is 360.

Fuck, I won't make it because I have school. =[ Is anything happening on Friday/Saturday. That's when I'm coming down to visit Family/Friends.
    @Maj: i'm pretty sure we'll be running it for a good amount of time. You can always call me as well.

@Ryan: Not too sure actually, if anything does come up i'll call you/message you ahead of time

system wise I think we got that covered, seeing how now I can make it there will be a PS3 set up as well.

I'll probably bring my PS3, and PS2 and a TV, and around 3 did work out for me.
    Scene here dies so easily.
    I think the problem with this scene is location, we don't have a consistent place to go to and practice

• GhostalGhostal カースヘッド Joined: Posts: 1,393
    I think the problem with this scene is location, we don't have a consistent place to go to and practice

I hear this guy Geoff's house is a pretty sexy spot
    ;3
    Jimmyjtran: shang tsundere
    Man idk about that, it usually smells like mexican in there I would be cautious.

Man idk about that, it usually smells like mexican in there I would be cautious.

Cant be that bad, I been you house a couple times, or was it still the same when we were in middle school.
    Still the same since middle school, only thing difference we don't have our cool looking turtle guarding the post anymore

Still the same since middle school, only thing difference we don't have our cool looking turtle guarding the post anymore

See, can't be that bad man, I would do it at my house, but Thats when I go back home, move the cars out of my garage and set up in there. BUT, thats when I go back home and people are willing to come.
  • ZeethZeeth Joined: Posts: 14
    Just moved to Carmel Valley, I'm 24, probably average in fighting games, I mainly play UMvC3 and SSF4:AE, looking for some people to meet and have some good battles with.

Once I get a job I hope to host some tournaments or something. Anyways hit me up if anyone cares to add another player to the roster. :)
  • neimanneiman Joined: Posts: 918
    if you're willing to make the trip to santa cruz, there's quite a few marvel and ae players that get together on thursday nights. i'm also from sc and am down for some AE matches whenever.
    i exist neither above or below you; i exist inside of you
  • KiLLaKeLLyKiLLaKeLLy Higher Iron Man Joined: Posts: 594
    Just moved to Carmel Valley, I'm 24, probably average in fighting games, I mainly play UMvC3 and SSF4:AE, looking for some people to meet and have some good battles with.

Once I get a job I hope to host some tournaments or something. Anyways hit me up if anyone cares to add another player to the roster. :)

welcome to the area, Carmel valley is pretty nice. Im from the old crew of guys here and still play. There are quite a bit of new people around here that host sessions and what not, I dont go to them usually due to not having the time. If you have have a psn ID or Xbox live account i would be more than happy to play some games with you online. My friend recenty moved from carmel valley, but when he was living there we would play often and the connection was pretty dam good. Also, If you have an FB you should should check out the salinas fighting game community page and talk to some of the guys there.

you should also post this in the other salinas thread. someone will eventually see it.
    Goonie Squad
    Xbox GT/PSN ID : OoKiLLaKeLLyoO
    UMVC3: Cap/DeadPool/IM, Chris/IM/Doom
  • StarWormwoodStarWormwood Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, I've been playing fighting games for a few years, have some friends online I play with but I'd love to play with someone in real life. I live in Marina, I play SSF4AE mainly (PC and 360) and have UMvC3 and KOF13 though I'm completely inexperienced in both games. If you want to add me on xbox live my tag is Star Wormwood I.