Vanguard Princess: Happy 5th anniversary!/eigoManga SUCKS - Now on Steam

Comments

• Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero I will play Mai game. Joined: Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    It would be imperative for me to get back into playing this again - I have not been able to play Vanguard Princess in months...!
    https://twitter.com/Great_Dark_Hero http://ask.fm/Great_Dark_Hero
    [KOFXIII]: Mai / Hwa / Takuma [Subs]: Terry, Beni, Iori, Leona
    [TTT2]: Armor King / Jaycee [Subs]: Michelle, Heihachi, Bruce, Ling, Leo
    [DOA5U]: Mila [Subs]: Helena, Pai, Kasumi, Nyotengu
    If you're learning about KOFXIII, please click on my FAQS here
    If you're learning how to play Mai Shiranui (or the Mai match up) on KOFXIII, start here

• Oil ROil R Joined: Posts: 307
    Is this the version that still has DRM and stuff?

I think it is DRM-FREE but I wonder if it has a proper online multiplayer.
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,405 mod
    I hope this actually makes some decent cash so that someone can go up and slap Sugeno with a wad of bills in the face to finish work on Prime.
    zGW9gQb.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• DarkBlade77DarkBlade77 Joined: Posts: 203
    I think it is DRM-FREE but I wonder if it has a proper online multiplayer.

From the page description:
    If you have a netplay application, you can play the game accross the internet with other Vanguard Princess gamers.

So... not really, although I guess it's a good thing it at least can still be used to netplay.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 401
    I hope this actually makes some decent cash so that someone can go up and slap Sugeno with a wad of bills in the face to finish work on Prime.
    zGW9gQb.jpg

LMAO! Do you know how long it's been since I've seen anyone use a Ranma 1/2 image for anything on a forums!? Now you just need to find an animated version of this pic. I know it's from the OVA series with the episode title "Team Ranma vs. The Legendary Phoenix".

Props for this but this image holds true to your statement. I really do hope it sells well to wake Sugeno up from his TERA marathon to finish Prime.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
    LMAO! Do you know how long it's been since I've seen anyone use a Ranma 1/2 image for anything on a forums!? Now you just need to find an animated version of this pic. I know it's from the OVA series with the episode title "Team Ranma vs. The Legendary Phoenix".

Props for this but this image holds true to your statement. I really do hope it sells well to wake Sugeno up from his TERA marathon to finish Prime.
    I have the ep. I'll see if I can't find a way to make a GIF out of that.

-KR|PromilKid

You would think that with the activity going on with eigoMANGA, there would be some word from Sugeno on his website but alas, last post still in 2011.....what drag.
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
    Just a heads up, Vanguard Princess is now back on sale at GamersGate.com

Yes, there's DRM in it and it seems to have changed, not sure. Anyway, can anyone verify with eigoMANGA that this is the actual official release now for PC?
    I own the old version on GamersGate, but I haven't gotten any prompt to get the new version(if it is new) and there's no download link for my copy.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like the DRM is some sort of Software Defender stuff where they give you an unlock code after you tell them your name/email, and give you a 24-hour download link. I'm getting the new installer now.

EDIT: So I guess they added translated story segments and movelists, that seems to be it.
  • Oil ROil R Joined: Posts: 307
    I own the old version on GamersGate, but I haven't gotten any prompt to get the new version(if it is new) and there's no download link for my copy.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like the DRM is some sort of Software Defender stuff where they give you an unlock code after you tell them your name/email, and give you a 24-hour download link. I'm getting the new installer now.

EDIT: So I guess they added translated story segments and movelists, that seems to be it.

Huh a download link for what? So buy the game in gamersgate and you have to install the drm software to get a link to download the installer of the game?
    I'm not sure what happens if you purchase it for the first time, since I already owned it in their system.

If you go to your game vault and select Vanguard Princess, there will be a registration link on the lower right hand side. Clicking on that will prompt you to register your name and email with the Software Defender service. If you do that, you will get a software key to use at install and a download link to the installer that is active for 24 hours.

Once you download the installer, just use the software key when you are prompted for it. Then you will have a working game that presumably checks its validation key online at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  • Holy KnightHoly Knight Above the Heavens Joined: Posts: 916 ✭✭✭
    It's up on Amazon as well.

I forgot how amazing the sprite work is.
    Strive for perfection, stand for excellence.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭
    So if I download it from Amazon can I install it on both my desktop and laptop?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭
    Fuck all that. I just want Prime.
    I don't got those.
    Okay, with the game being in more outlets than just Gamersgate, is this the actual official release that Austin was talkin about where we can get a free copy of the game if we bought the version from the first release at Gamersgate?
  • SaikyouSaikyou Play Vsavior/Melty! Joined: Posts: 206
    Someone can record the translated routes of story mode?

But still, I prefer to wait prime too...
    Vampire Savior: Jedah - Melty Blood: C-Nero
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,123 ✭✭
    First post updated with eigoManga version, MTSP link and some fixes.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
    Hmmm....I'll give Austin a call and find out if he has any idea as to what might be going on over with Sugeno and the status of Prime.
  • lightskintwinlightskintwin Black Militant Racist Joined: Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    So I finally went and bought the American version and noticed that they removed the brief animated cutscene that occurs during Saki's super.  I have no idea why they would remove it when there's no nudity or offensive material, it's only a second long, visually adds to the impact that you're doing a Super, and a big part of Vanguard Princess's charm is it's anime influences.  

It's still a great localization but I'm quite disappointed in that change.  
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest The most honest person on the entire internet. Joined: Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Is there ever gonna be a console version of this?
    I think the game looks amazing and its game play is pretty refreshing, that said, playing on the PC has always been a hassle, for me.
    "I'm not a cynic, I just have standards. And right now, nothin meets'em and I blame all of you. If everyone felt like me, we'd all have better shit."
    -ME-
    It's been noted by eigoMANGA that they want to release it for Macs and Xbox but as to how long that will take, we don't know. I'm all for seeing it on Xbox if it means I can actually get some game time in against other people but just how long this will take.......I'm not even going to think about it.

But most of us aren't even concerned about that at the moment. What we all want to know is what is going on with VP: Prime.....has development cease altogether or what? No one knows and I can't seem to get any answers regarding it.
  • ZeroOBKZeroOBK Joined: Posts: 7
    So I finally went and bought the American version and noticed that they removed the brief animated cutscene that occurs during Saki's super.  I have no idea why they would remove it when there's no nudity or offensive material, it's only a second long, visually adds to the impact that you're doing a Super, and a big part of Vanguard Princess's charm is it's anime influences.  

It's still a great localization but I'm quite disappointed in that change.  
    They didn't remove the little cutscene (intentionally anyway). They initially didn't have either of Saki's supers. With the latest patch they added in the 214E super (the one without the cutscene)... except they gave it the 236E command.
  • OutlawSkullmanOutlawSkullman Joined: Posts: 18
    edited March 2013
    I hate all this stuff I'm hearing about the eigomanga version. I'm only gonna buy it for the translation(and so suge9 gets some money). Still angry that they changed the logo to have Luna instead of Yui.

Anyways the new 1.08d version of the original Vanguard Princess has selectable Hilda assist so why bother to play the eigomanga version anyway.
    Post edited by OutlawSkullman on
    PSN ID: OutlawStar26ep Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Blazblue, Vampire Savior and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
    Please check out Vanguard Princess it's an awesome assist based fighter. You can download the free version with MTSP(netplay) at the Mizuumi Wiki.
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 384 ✭✭
    Is there any chance of a steam release?
    I don't want another Baulders Gate where I bought it on Beamdog made an account (terrible service) to find a few weeks down the line bam! on steam.

• OnirosOniros Joined: Posts: 107
    NekoMic wrote: »
    Is there any chance of a steam release?I don't want another Baulders Gate where I bought it on Beamdog made an account (terrible service) to find a few weeks down the line bam! on steam.
    To be honest, I rather see it on GOG.

P4A: Chie/GG: Jam/VSav: Q-Bee
    Rival Schools needs to come back!
  • DashKrimsonDashKrimson Joined: Posts: 24
    So, still nothing on the status of Sugeno or Prime? You'd think a simple "I'm still alive and kicking" would be appropriate after this long. Oh well.
  • shishio74shishio74 Joined: Posts: 1
    Just got this game 2 nights ago. Wow. Amazing^100 graphics, mechanics, etc. for a indie 2D fighter. Well done. The last boss.....broken as hell probably. I'll admit it. I'm not the absolute best when it comes to these games, but can usually hold my own and eventually beat the last boss. For some reason I'm having a terrible time trying to beat the last boss....on freaking Easy Mode!?! Right now I'm using Kurumi and Eko. Seems really random, but sometimes, I'm able to steal a match, then she comes right back and destroys Kurumi. I've tried specials, I've tried...everything. I'm trying to be as precise with my inputs as I can be, but this takes nearly beyond KOF precision. *sight* I want to continue, but at this point its just becoming frustrating. Help! LOL! Seriously, if anyone else has had this happen or knows how to get out of this rut, please....let a dude know! Thanks in advance. :)
  • Squire GrooktookSquire Grooktook The Releaser Joined: Posts: 784 ✭✭✭
    Oniros wrote: »
    NekoMic wrote: »
    Is there any chance of a steam release?I don't want another Baulders Gate where I bought it on Beamdog made an account (terrible service) to find a few weeks down the line bam! on steam.
    To be honest, I rather see it on GOG.

Steam, Desura, and GOG. All at once.
    Squire Grooktook: 5 dollars extra and you could have had Skullgirls instead of Divekick.
    Squire Grooktook: You are dead to me.
    [UCF]psychoripper: too bad i wanted divekick more
    Squire Grooktook: YOU SUCK
    [UCF]psychoripper: more of my local friends are playing it
    Squire Grooktook: SOCIAL GAMER
    [UCF]psychoripper: shut up
    Squire Grooktook: NEVER
  • sasano19sasano19 Joined: Posts: 1
    I cant for the life of me get this game to acknowledge my Stick(Buttons work fine) trying to get glovepie or something to work now but I wanted to know if there was an actual fix for this the fact it acknowledges the buttons but not the joystick is driving me insane
  • GameKyuubiGameKyuubi Joined: Posts: 193
    edited May 2013
    Your stick inputs are most likely POV HAT inputs. Lots of independent Japanese games don't support this for some reason, so you'll have to find a way to map it to X/Y axes or buttons or keys or something. I recommend X/Y axes.

Also yes, still waiting for Prime. As for the super cutscenes I prefer the game without them. They interrupt the pace of the game. Maybe if they put the cutscene in the background and didn't pause the game so much that'd be cool, but as they are they're jarring imo.
    Post edited by GameKyuubi on
  • OutlawSkullmanOutlawSkullman Joined: Posts: 18
    I don't think the supers get in the way too much, only thing that bothers me about them is that some of the supers like Lilith's and Kaede's eat up alot of the time from the timer. So the already short 60 second rounds are made shorter. I always figured that supers in fighting games should pause the timer so they don't get in the way too much.

Also is there an American MTSP server for VP? The one I use is the French/Europe[1222829138 port: 8500/7500] one run by PPN.

We need more places where the people who want to play the game can get together and play because we don't know if Prime is getting worked on or not, so why not play it now instead of just waiting around for something that might not come out for another year or more.
    PSN ID: OutlawStar26ep Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Blazblue, Vampire Savior and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
    Please check out Vanguard Princess it's an awesome assist based fighter. You can download the free version with MTSP(netplay) at the Mizuumi Wiki.
  • Vick.Vick. Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi guys,

Just here to say EigoManga try to greenlight VP on steam! This is great, it will be easier to find people to play with.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187111395

The bad side is.. well... I appreciate EigoManga works and efforts but it seem they don't really know FG well :/...
    Someone know someone them well? PPN already tried to contact them to tell some bugs and help them with the fighting game aspect but they apparently didn't really give a shit...

Plus if they didn't add it in a last version, I guess we won't have any online mode :/
    Still no Prime though. :(

-KR|PromilKid

I wonder if they would be willing the sell the rights to a company that would do something with it. I talked with Seon from Nyu-Media about it and well, if only eigoMANGA didn't have the rights for the UK then Seon would have done something with it.

eigoMANGA is really sitting around doing nothing with the game mostly after all of these years.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eigoMANGA is answering questions on the game's stream community board
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/187111395/792924412241890578/

According to them, they have a version of the game with fully functioning netplay running on a different engine.
    MikuruX I'm kinda agree with you.
    Problem is they have the license for a lot of countries. So the last way to do something is to "educate" and help to get better.
    But it's kinda hard if they don't really care about people who play the game from the start ^^'... Btw it's been a long time since PPN tried to get in touch with them, so maybe they change their minds.

Hawkingbird > they said they haven't developed something yet.
    "But in-house, we have not developed a multi-player for Vanguard Princess. We'll make sure that Lunaport works for the Steam version so people will have that as an option. "

Back to the start with lunaport ... It seem they don't even know MTSP :/.

Btw people are you still playing on your side? because I didn't see a lot of people on the server recently?
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    For online play, is it best to use the translated version or the Japanese version?

Also VP is available free as a bonus on the groupees doujin2 bundle. http://groupees.com/doujin2

Edit: The doujin bundle contains v1.2.2 which only has single player arcade mode. Steam keys will be given out to people who purchase the bundle after it is released on steam. I'd say it's a wise investment to buy it now for cheap.
    Post edited by TheBlackHombre on
    The game has officially been greenlit on Steam. That was fast.
    TheBlackHombre > The original version (108c / 108e as you want) is better for playing online. I don't think you can play online with the EigoManga Version...

Btw the permanent MTSP server is 1222829138 (port 7500). There is an irc > here. If i'm not here, Kuro is almost always on it, just type his name and he'll answer asap.
    We're mostly European but some American people are coming sometime on the server too (ZeroOBK and Outlaw). Don't hesitate to come with some friends, the more, the merrier.
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Metro City Villain Joined: Posts: 616
    edited December 2013
    Me and couple of others play on the squirrelnet.dynds.org MTSP server. Should visit the irc sometime and see if anyone is around still.
    Post edited by MollyFighter on
    Magneto/Strange/Ammy
    Call PETA
    Well ok but on which irc? I mean, it seem your site is down and I can't find any server on MTSP :/
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Metro City Villain Joined: Posts: 616
    Vick. wrote: »
    Well ok but on which irc? I mean, it seem your site is down and I can't find any server on MTSP :/
    What I put up isn't a site but a server for MTSP.

Magneto/Strange/Ammy
    Call PETA
  • SocraticClownSocraticClown pondering my greatness Joined: Posts: 490 ✭✭✭
    tshkn wrote: »
    here you go guys

Austin Osueke osueke@eigomanga.com

Hello;

Here's our official message regarding Vanguard Princess:

"The game was prematurely released before while we were still working on features for the game. Aside from being 100% in English, it's based off of version 1.08 (for you long-term gamers out there) with certain bugs fixed, "Child Hilda" is a playable character, and we had to clean up the objectionable content so that we won't scare away new gamers and appeal to various rating codes; other than that the game play has not changed.

Rest assured, all of us are taking the viewpoints from fans seriously and Vanguard Princess is a long term business segment for us. The XBLA port is still on as well as other platforms such as Mac OSX and Android. While we've done a lot of the localization internally, other features for the game such as the cross-platform ports and multiplayer gaming have been handed over to specialized development firms based in Silicon Valley.

The listing from Gamersgate site is been suspended until we make a formal release which will be before Christmas. The SecuROM will NOT be on the latest release. Thanks, guys!"
    I got this game for 0.99 cents on amazon.
    but I don't see it for android on the play store.

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance,
    that and a teen girlfriend is the cure for a mid life crisis
    Vick. wrote: »

What I put up isn't a site but a server for MTSP.

Like I said I can't find the server too... the simple way would be to go on the permanent server: 1222829138, port: 7500.
    There, you'll find ZeroOBK or me. Kuroonehalf is alway on the irc, just type his name to make him know you're here. Sadly I'm not on MTSP / IRC too much recently, I have a lot of works to do :x.
  • CryoStaticCryoStatic Joined: Posts: 105
    So I dunno if this has been addressed or not, but when I move down to the Vs option in the main menu the game bugs out and doesn't let me push anything. I have to close the game and re-open again. The version I'm using is the one that is linked on the first post
  • NekoMicNekoMic Neko Punch! Joined: Posts: 384 ✭✭
    Steam release date.

Release Date: February 2014
    - EIGOMANGA
    Happy Holidays,

We decided to push the release date to February 2014 so that some of our development reps can attend the Steam Developer Days in Seattle on January.

It's a good opportunity to work alongside the Steam reps to get the most out of Vanguard Princess on the Steam platform.

Thanks
    Oh, let's not forget that it's also pushed to February 2014 so that it can also compete with Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm.

I'm just saying......
    Yatagarasu got GGPO going for it. Vanguard got a big hill to climb
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,123 ✭✭
    edited January 2
    Honestly i don't have any hope to eigoManga since, like... the beginning. We are in 2014 and the only thing i saw is they are selling the same game as we know and that is still available for free.

We really need a word from Sugeno... this is getting too retarded.
    Post edited by Hayama Akito on
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
    Honestly i don't have any hope to eigoManga since, like... the beginning. We are in 2014 and the only thing i saw is they are selling the same game as we know and that is still available for free.

We really need a word from Sugeno... this is getting too retarded.

Honestly, I feel the same way about this. The only thing Vanguard Princess has going for it right now is the fact that it's in English, about to available on Steam with tropies, & possible online play. That's it.

Yatagarasu has possibility of going to Steam (if not already), GGPO, 3 new characters, rebalancing, new stages/songs, & ENG commentaries. I think I got everything and if not, please correct me. GGPO alone makes it the better pick at the moment over Vanguard Princess.

I want to support Vanguard Princess more but that's becoming impossible when all you're offering as a sales pitch is that it's being on Steam and in English. All things considered, a word from Sugeno about as to why VP: Prime is halted for so long and the future of the game would actually put some closure to this whole situation so that we can stop waiting for something we know that is likely not to come (3 years now and still no word on what's the hold up......I know EigoMANGA can get some official word out of Sugeno about this if they actually tried). I might post something like this on their Steam page to see what happens.