Vanguard Princess: We still want Prime! - Now on Steam

1474849505153»

Comments

  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    edited January 2
    MikuruX wrote: »
    a word from Sugeno about as to why VP: Prime is halted for so long and the future of the game would actually put some closure to this whole situation so that we can stop waiting for something we know that is likely not to come (3 years now and still no word on what's the hold up......I know EigoMANGA can get some official word out of Sugeno about this if they actually tried).

    That's the worst part: I just saw that he deleted his Twitter account. Maybe he really don't want to know anything about VP for a reason. I will be very happy if eigoManga can at least get a word from Sugeno, an interview or something, because i think the game is pretty dead because of this abandonment. In fact i don't want to sound rude but we don't know if this "Sugeno got money for this American version" thing is true at this rate.
    Post edited by Hayama Akito on
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 397
    From what EigoMANGA said on the Steam boards, he's on Twitter under another name. They wont give that out so it's safe to assume that he doesn't want to be question about the thing. I don't know but it seems rather rude to show the public something that looks near complete and then abandon it just because you want to continue playing MMORPGs.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikuruX wrote: »
    From what EigoMANGA said on the Steam boards, he's on Twitter under another name. They wont give that out so it's safe to assume that he doesn't want to be question about the thing. I don't know but it seems rather rude to show the public something that looks near complete and then abandon it just because you want to continue playing MMORPGs.

    Not really, people lose steam on projects all the time. A few screen shots isn't "Near complete". Should I post pics of Gray Fly in jojo's and say he is near complete even though there is only 80 cells done including the repeats?

    Harada did it awhile ago and cause panic to the Tekken Team.
    "Nobody should worry about being wrong on SRK. Everybody is going to be wrong." - WTF-AKUMA-HAX I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.twitch.tv/mountainmanjed
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    Shit is now on Steam.

    http://store.steampowered.com/app/262150/

    OP updated. I still hate eigoManga.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading through the Steam forum this version is identical to the one sold on Amazon just with workshop support. Still not getting this as of yet. I'll wait for until some substantial stuff gets added before giving my support.
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    There is now a heat discussion at Steam because the FM2nd version used in Vanguard Princess can't be used for commercial releases.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That discussion as a few months old and the OP comes across as an idiot with too much time on his hands.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    People who bought the game through Amazon or gamersgate received steam keys through valve. People who bought the game through the groupees bundle will receive the keys when groupees receives them. (i emailed groupees)
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 280
    Shit is now on Steam.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/262150/
    OP updated. I still hate eigoManga.
    Oh, I know this shithead. MBAC player and troll. I actually was on same forum when he did it.
    I think nothing could help VP now. Prime will never come out and EigoManga killed the game with the their incompetence.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EigoManga are a bunch of morons. They have you to pay a $1 to create free content.
    http://www.eigomanga.com/vanguard/steam.html
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 397
    Luckily, I got the game back when it first popped on Gamersgate so I already got a steam code.

    But yeah, I find it ironic that it's gotten to the point that we have to create our own characters for them and yet we will never know what happened to VG:Prime because they will never get the answer from Sugeno. What a way to kill the game, yo.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • BarcelSnacksBarcelSnacks Tuna with Bacon lover Joined: Posts: 9
    I'm just kinda waiting on the online Patch, sadly this game was marketed as an Extreme Niche game from the start, and I bet the sales aspirations weren't that high.

    At least I can promote the game more easily this way, price helps a lot.
    3s: Ken SAIII / GGXXAC: Testament / Vampire Savior: Jedah /CvS2: N Joe-Iori-Ken / Skullgirls: Parasoul-Cerebella.
    Twitter: @BarcelSnacks Fighting Game Blog (spanish) Union Fighter
  • OutlawSkullmanOutlawSkullman Joined: Posts: 18
    Has anybody tried using mtsp as netplay for the eigomanga version of VP?

    I ran into a person who just got the game on steam and he got it work on mtsp and I was able to challenge him even though I was using the Japanese 1.08c version.
    It was a little laggy at times(could have been internet problems) and the other guy couldn't get his to work, but I was able to play a few matches against him.

    Sorry if this is something that people already know about. I just thought it was something important to point out since eigomanga has not created netplay for their version. and it would be good news if people could use MTSP to play the translated version online.
    PSN ID: OutlawStar26ep Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Blazblue, Vampire Savior and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
    Please check out Vanguard Princess it's an awesome assist based fighter. You can download the free version with MTSP(netplay) at the Mizuumi Wiki.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    They'll be using Steamworks to patch the game with net play soon.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let see it is $4.99 $3.79 right now on Steam.
    For less than $4 I buying it.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • AstarteAstarte Are You L@dy? Joined: Posts: 37
    They'll be using Steamworks to patch the game with net play soon.

    Really hope that's true and that they fix this incredibly weird button system.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Anyone got news on Vanguard Princess Prime?

    Honestly I'd play this game if it had a fucking training mode.
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    edited April 4
    ashxu wrote: »
    Anyone got news on Vanguard Princess Prime?

    Honestly I'd play this game if it had a fucking training mode.

    It has, you can activate it with the last button (8?) in the config.

    And Prime is dead, simple as that.
    Post edited by Hayama Akito on
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 106 ✭✭
    ashxu wrote: »
    Anyone got news on Vanguard Princess Prime?

    Honestly I'd play this game if it had a fucking training mode.

    It has, you can activate it with the last button (8?) in the config.

    And Prime is dead, simple as that.
    Isn't that only infinite time/HP though?

    Also has the developer just 100% dropped the game?
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    ashxu wrote: »
    Isn't that only infinite time/HP though?

    Also has the developer just 100% dropped the game?

    And special bar too.

    Yes, he dropped the game, at least there is no news since August 2011.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Yes, he dropped the game, at least there is no news since August 2011.
    I'm annoyed that they're acting like the game is alive via the Steam release and the fact that the site falsely advertises as the game being constantly being updated.

    Oh well, a pity I suppose.
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    ashxu wrote: »
    Yes, he dropped the game, at least there is no news since August 2011.
    I'm annoyed that they're acting like the game is alive via the Steam release and the fact that the site falsely advertises as the game being constantly being updated.

    Oh well, a pity I suppose.

    I guess the concept of "being updated" by eigoManga is that they want to improve more things in the future (like online) but, as always, i really doubt it. They even said some years ago that a Xbox Live Arcade version was in the works with "high-res sprites directly from Sugeno". Of course that was like three years ago.

    The fact is: Vanguard Princess is dead, but is still a very good game, probably the best freeware fighting game available, enjoy it.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,122 ✭✭
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • AstarteAstarte Are You L@dy? Joined: Posts: 37
  • ChevChev Joined: Posts: 49 ✭✭
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 397
    *facedesk*

    It's free yet you need to get 10k from fans to get it developed when you stated yourself the game will get the frickin online play when the game goes on Steam. Now these people have to pay you to get the job done!? What in the F*#K!?
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Man even the people that want to play this game (us) have no interest in donating to this crowd funding. It's kinda doomed from the get go.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This netplay campaign looks like a scam to me. Not donating.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Chev wrote: »
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.

    They could license GGPO for like what, 5,000? That wouldn't be very time consuming, and players would gladly test it out because we know it's good. The price almost no matter how you look at it is ridiculous. There's not very many good reasons to build your own netcode from scratch these days.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭✭
    My only regret in life so far is that I wasn't able to make the 2 ice cream milkshake at Cold Stone Creamery at the time when they both had Wasabi ice cream and Black Licorice ice cream; but and it being beyond my control, letting Eigomanga have the rights to Vanguard Princess is close to being a personal regret and one of the largest regrets in my life.

    On a different tangent, I was able to play against Spooky in Vanguard Princess at NCR. That guy still got it and I learned a lot since I don't get to play the game often. Just experiencing that much fun makes me further weep for the fate of this game.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 397
    Maybe I'm sounding like a fool on their Steam forums but regardless of that, I can't see any reason as to why anyone should donate to help fund this thing (not like I'm going to do it but still). The incentives aren't even that appealing in some cases (I'm the least interested in Comi-con and it'll be another cold day in hell if I ever take another step into Anime Expo again.....the worst convention I've ever been to and I'll never return unless someone can give me a good reason as to why I should even bother going to Anime Expo again).
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Chev wrote: »
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.

    They could license GGPO for like what, 5,000? That wouldn't be very time consuming, and players would gladly test it out because we know it's good. The price almost no matter how you look at it is ridiculous. There's not very many good reasons to build your own netcode from scratch these days.

    Do you think it's possible to do what people did for Yatagarasu and convince them to use GGPO?
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Chev wrote: »
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.

    They could license GGPO for like what, 5,000? That wouldn't be very time consuming, and players would gladly test it out because we know it's good. The price almost no matter how you look at it is ridiculous. There's not very many good reasons to build your own netcode from scratch these days.

    I'd be pretty surprised if it was possible to easily integrate GGPO into a FM2K game. I think this is one of the rare corner cases where it'd be easier to simply build rolback netcode from scratch.
    GFWL/XBL: DangrOnTheRangr
    Steam ID: DangerOnTheRanger
    Supercade/GGPO: DangrOnTheRangr
    Location: US Southwest (Oklahoma)

    Currently playing AE2012 (PC), TvC (friend code available upon request), UMvC3 (360), GGXXAC+R (360), and SF3S (SC/GGPO).
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Chev wrote: »
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.

    They could license GGPO for like what, 5,000? That wouldn't be very time consuming, and players would gladly test it out because we know it's good. The price almost no matter how you look at it is ridiculous. There's not very many good reasons to build your own netcode from scratch these days.

    I'd be pretty surprised if it was possible to easily integrate GGPO into a FM2K game. I think this is one of the rare corner cases where it'd be easier to simply build rolback netcode from scratch.

    FM2K already has casters. Make a GGPO caster. Problem solved.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ChevChev Joined: Posts: 49 ✭✭
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Chev wrote: »
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.

    They could license GGPO for like what, 5,000? That wouldn't be very time consuming, and players would gladly test it out because we know it's good. The price almost no matter how you look at it is ridiculous. There's not very many good reasons to build your own netcode from scratch these days.

    I'd be pretty surprised if it was possible to easily integrate GGPO into a FM2K game. I think this is one of the rare corner cases where it'd be easier to simply build rolback netcode from scratch.

    FM2K already has casters. Make a GGPO caster. Problem solved.
    The casters are labors of love that required many unpaid man-hours to be completed and tested. Once again, to have the same integration done by a single cheap programmer and thoroughly tested, the numbers do add up.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Chev wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Chev wrote: »
    does the number surprise you? That'd be just enough to pay a single cheap programmer for three months. It's kind of a shoestring budget as far as seriously programming and testing a netplay mode goes.

    They could license GGPO for like what, 5,000? That wouldn't be very time consuming, and players would gladly test it out because we know it's good. The price almost no matter how you look at it is ridiculous. There's not very many good reasons to build your own netcode from scratch these days.

    I'd be pretty surprised if it was possible to easily integrate GGPO into a FM2K game. I think this is one of the rare corner cases where it'd be easier to simply build rolback netcode from scratch.

    FM2K already has casters. Make a GGPO caster. Problem solved.
    The casters are labors of love that required many unpaid man-hours to be completed and tested. Once again, to have the same integration done by a single cheap programmer and thoroughly tested, the numbers do add up.

    Considering that other games have been on indiegogo and have been able to add online implementations for less, I don't agree.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,595 ✭✭
    It's apparently not like the normal crowdfunding process and they get any amount donated regardless of them hitting the goal.

    Seems kinda sketchy to keep the money if they know it's not enough to do what the funding set out to accomplish.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • ChevChev Joined: Posts: 49 ✭✭
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Considering that other games have been on indiegogo and have been able to add online implementations for less, I don't agree.
    Don't forget some others, like Yatagarasu, only added up financially because their developers agreed to not be paid, which goes right back into the labor of love category, and even then they were hugely reluctant to add something as complex as rollback networking.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10,000 USD is way too much money even to just license ggpo and programmer implement it. That assumes they're going to do more than just use lunaport.
    "Nobody should worry about being wrong on SRK. Everybody is going to be wrong." - WTF-AKUMA-HAX I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.twitch.tv/mountainmanjed
  • ChevChev Joined: Posts: 49 ✭✭
    As a programmer myself I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed you don't think one needs to be paid.
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Chev wrote: »
    As a programmer myself I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed you don't think one needs to be paid.

    No one is saying that a programmer shouldn't be paid, we're questioning how much one would need to be paid and how long programming said feature would actually take. The amount of money is in question, not if someone is getting a paycheck.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ChevChev Joined: Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited May 1
    And I'm telling you guys that netcode isn't something you add magically in a week. If you're thinking that, you're wrong (though it's normal, that's the dunning-kruger effect at work). It took three months for Mauve to implement and tune Rollcaster, and he already had several netplay clients, each of which had taken several months even though those had been team efforts, under his belt, he already was a fighting netcode integration expert by this point. With 10K you either get an inexperienced programmer for three months, or a specialist for one month. Either way, this is a tight budget to integrate new netcode into an existing engine and completely ignores testing costs (which I'm quite ready to believe they were planning to offload on the community).

    Questioning why they're crowdfunding something they said they'd do for free, that's a reasonable question (one that's easy to imagine though: the steam version certainly didn't sell much). But not questioning the amount. The number's sound and only unreasonable in the sense that if they wanted to do it well, they'd have to ask for more or find someone willing to work for free.
    Post edited by Chev on
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Chev wrote: »
    And I'm telling you guys that netcode isn't something you add magically in a week. If you're thinking that, you're wrong (though it's normal, that's the dunning-kruger effect at work). It took three months for Mauve to implement and tune Rollcaster, and he already had several netplay clients, each of which had taken several months even though those had been team efforts, under his belt, he already was a fighting netcode integration expert by this point. With 10K you either get an inexperienced programmer for three months, or a specialist for one month. Either way, this is a tight budget to integrate new netcode into an existing engine and completely ignores testing costs (which I'm quite ready to believe they were planning to offload on the community).

    Questioning why they're crowdfunding something they said they'd do for free, that's a reasonable question (one that's easy to imagine though: the steam version certainly didn't sell much). But not questioning the amount. The number's sound and only unreasonable in the sense that if they wanted to do it well, they'd have to ask for more or find someone willing to work for free.

    The thing is that you're mentioning other person that worked on netcode. He says this is a sham as well. Hell, I know one that got decent job in Chicago that made his netcode public(under MIT License) says this is shady as hell.

    And, everyone is pretty sure the netcode dlc would be a hacked up lunaport anyway.
    Post edited by jedpossum on
    "Nobody should worry about being wrong on SRK. Everybody is going to be wrong." - WTF-AKUMA-HAX I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.twitch.tv/mountainmanjed
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭✭
    Chev wrote: »
    And I'm telling you guys that netcode isn't something you add magically in a week. If you're thinking that, you're wrong (though it's normal, that's the dunning-kruger effect at work). It took three months for Mauve to implement and tune Rollcaster, and he already had several netplay clients, each of which had taken several months even though those had been team efforts, under his belt, he already was a fighting netcode integration expert by this point. With 10K you either get an inexperienced programmer for three months, or a specialist for one month. Either way, this is a tight budget to integrate new netcode into an existing engine and completely ignores testing costs (which I'm quite ready to believe they were planning to offload on the community).

    Questioning why they're crowdfunding something they said they'd do for free, that's a reasonable question (one that's easy to imagine though: the steam version certainly didn't sell much). But not questioning the amount. The number's sound and only unreasonable in the sense that if they wanted to do it well, they'd have to ask for more or find someone willing to work for free.
    Pulling the Dunning-Kruger at this point in the conversation and how you pulled it is just arrogant as fuck dawg. Step down
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    jedpossum wrote: »
    Hell, I know one that got decent job in Chicago that made his netcode public(under MIT License)

    Mind linking to that? I feel like it'd be a pretty interesting piece of code to study.
    GFWL/XBL: DangrOnTheRangr
    Steam ID: DangerOnTheRanger
    Supercade/GGPO: DangrOnTheRangr
    Location: US Southwest (Oklahoma)

    Currently playing AE2012 (PC), TvC (friend code available upon request), UMvC3 (360), GGXXAC+R (360), and SF3S (SC/GGPO).
Sign In or Register to comment.