Vanguard Princess: We still want Prime! - Now on Steam

1474849505153»

Comments

• Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2
    Honestly i don't have any hope to eigoManga since, like... the beginning. We are in 2014 and the only thing i saw is they are selling the same game as we know and that is still available for free.

We really need a word from Sugeno... this is getting too retarded.
    Post edited by Hayama Akito on
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 372
    Honestly i don't have any hope to eigoManga since, like... the beginning. We are in 2014 and the only thing i saw is they are selling the same game as we know and that is still available for free.

We really need a word from Sugeno... this is getting too retarded.

Honestly, I feel the same way about this. The only thing Vanguard Princess has going for it right now is the fact that it's in English, about to available on Steam with tropies, & possible online play. That's it.

Yatagarasu has possibility of going to Steam (if not already), GGPO, 3 new characters, rebalancing, new stages/songs, & ENG commentaries. I think I got everything and if not, please correct me. GGPO alone makes it the better pick at the moment over Vanguard Princess.

I want to support Vanguard Princess more but that's becoming impossible when all you're offering as a sales pitch is that it's being on Steam and in English. All things considered, a word from Sugeno about as to why VP: Prime is halted for so long and the future of the game would actually put some closure to this whole situation so that we can stop waiting for something we know that is likely not to come (3 years now and still no word on what's the hold up......I know EigoMANGA can get some official word out of Sugeno about this if they actually tried). I might post something like this on their Steam page to see what happens.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
    edited January 2
    MikuruX wrote: »
    a word from Sugeno about as to why VP: Prime is halted for so long and the future of the game would actually put some closure to this whole situation so that we can stop waiting for something we know that is likely not to come (3 years now and still no word on what's the hold up......I know EigoMANGA can get some official word out of Sugeno about this if they actually tried).

That's the worst part: I just saw that he deleted his Twitter account. Maybe he really don't want to know anything about VP for a reason. I will be very happy if eigoManga can at least get a word from Sugeno, an interview or something, because i think the game is pretty dead because of this abandonment. In fact i don't want to sound rude but we don't know if this "Sugeno got money for this American version" thing is true at this rate.
    From what EigoMANGA said on the Steam boards, he's on Twitter under another name. They wont give that out so it's safe to assume that he doesn't want to be question about the thing. I don't know but it seems rather rude to show the public something that looks near complete and then abandon it just because you want to continue playing MMORPGs.
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | Jojo All-Star Battle: Puuchi Enrico
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikuruX wrote: »
    From what EigoMANGA said on the Steam boards, he's on Twitter under another name. They wont give that out so it's safe to assume that he doesn't want to be question about the thing. I don't know but it seems rather rude to show the public something that looks near complete and then abandon it just because you want to continue playing MMORPGs.

Not really, people lose steam on projects all the time. A few screen shots isn't "Near complete". Should I post pics of Gray Fly in jojo's and say he is near complete even though there is only 80 cells done including the repeats?

Harada did it awhile ago and cause panic to the Tekken Team.
    "Nobody should worry about being wrong on SRK. Everybody is going to be wrong." - WTF-AKUMA-HAX I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.twitch.tv/mountainmanjed
    Shit is now on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262150/

OP updated. I still hate eigoManga.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Got ripped in 2 weeks thanks to the Master Emerald Joined: Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading through the Steam forum this version is identical to the one sold on Amazon just with workshop support. Still not getting this as of yet. I'll wait for until some substantial stuff gets added before giving my support.
    There is now a heat discussion at Steam because the FM2nd version used in Vanguard Princess can't be used for commercial releases.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Got ripped in 2 weeks thanks to the Master Emerald Joined: Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That discussion as a few months old and the OP comes across as an idiot with too much time on his hands.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭
    People who bought the game through Amazon or gamersgate received steam keys through valve. People who bought the game through the groupees bundle will receive the keys when groupees receives them. (i emailed groupees)
  • Araragi-kunAraragi-kun Joined: Posts: 268
    Shit is now on Steam.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/262150/
    OP updated. I still hate eigoManga.
    Oh, I know this shithead. MBAC player and troll. I actually was on same forum when he did it.
    I think nothing could help VP now. Prime will never come out and EigoManga killed the game with the their incompetence.
    EigoManga are a bunch of morons. They have you to pay a $1 to create free content.
    http://www.eigomanga.com/vanguard/steam.html
    Luckily, I got the game back when it first popped on Gamersgate so I already got a steam code.

But yeah, I find it ironic that it's gotten to the point that we have to create our own characters for them and yet we will never know what happened to VG:Prime because they will never get the answer from Sugeno. What a way to kill the game, yo.
  • BarcelSnacksBarcelSnacks Tuna with Bacon lover Joined: Posts: 9
    I'm just kinda waiting on the online Patch, sadly this game was marketed as an Extreme Niche game from the start, and I bet the sales aspirations weren't that high.

At least I can promote the game more easily this way, price helps a lot.
    3s: Ken SAIII / GGXXAC: Testament / Vampire Savior: Jedah /CvS2: N Joe-Iori-Ken / Skullgirls: Parasoul-Cerebella.
    Twitter: @BarcelSnacks Fighting Game Blog (spanish) Union Fighter
  • OutlawSkullmanOutlawSkullman Joined: Posts: 18
    Has anybody tried using mtsp as netplay for the eigomanga version of VP?

I ran into a person who just got the game on steam and he got it work on mtsp and I was able to challenge him even though I was using the Japanese 1.08c version.
    It was a little laggy at times(could have been internet problems) and the other guy couldn't get his to work, but I was able to play a few matches against him.

Sorry if this is something that people already know about. I just thought it was something important to point out since eigomanga has not created netplay for their version. and it would be good news if people could use MTSP to play the translated version online.
    PSN ID: OutlawStar26ep Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Blazblue, Vampire Savior and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
    Please check out Vanguard Princess it's an awesome assist based fighter. You can download the free version with MTSP(netplay) at the Mizuumi Wiki.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭
    They'll be using Steamworks to patch the game with net play soon.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let see it is $4.99 $3.79 right now on Steam.
    For less than $4 I buying it.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • AstarteAstarte Are You L@dy? Joined: Posts: 20
    They'll be using Steamworks to patch the game with net play soon.

Really hope that's true and that they fix this incredibly weird button system.
  • ashxuashxu Joined: Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Anyone got news on Vanguard Princess Prime?

Honestly I'd play this game if it had a fucking training mode.
    edited April 4
    ashxu wrote: »

It has, you can activate it with the last button (8?) in the config.

And Prime is dead, simple as that.

It has, you can activate it with the last button (8?) in the config.

And Prime is dead, simple as that.
    Isn't that only infinite time/HP though?

Also has the developer just 100% dropped the game?
    Isn't that only infinite time/HP though?

Also has the developer just 100% dropped the game?

And special bar too.

Yes, he dropped the game, at least there is no news since August 2011.
    I'm annoyed that they're acting like the game is alive via the Steam release and the fact that the site falsely advertises as the game being constantly being updated.

Oh well, a pity I suppose.
    I'm annoyed that they're acting like the game is alive via the Steam release and the fact that the site falsely advertises as the game being constantly being updated.

Oh well, a pity I suppose.

I guess the concept of "being updated" by eigoManga is that they want to improve more things in the future (like online) but, as always, i really doubt it. They even said some years ago that a Xbox Live Arcade version was in the works with "high-res sprites directly from Sugeno". Of course that was like three years ago.

The fact is: Vanguard Princess is dead, but is still a very good game, probably the best freeware fighting game available, enjoy it.