With the popularity of SF4 there's been a sudden influx of scammers trying to make a quick buck. Whether they're advertising a certain prize for the winner and not paying out, or they are just running all around shady operations, nobody
wants to get scammed. This thread is to help make sure everybody knows which promoters to trust and which not to. I'll edit the list when appropriate so be sure to let me know if you got scammed, who the person is, and how it happened, in this thread. Lets keep these people out of our community.
Because of recent event's I've decided to change the way this page works. I'm going to add stipulations to this so that if tournament promoters and event coordinators can be removed from the list and redeem themselves. I'm also setting up a stricter rule set for adding promoters to the list.
Rules for being taken off the list
You must send me a message with a request for removal and evidence supporting that request - http://www.shoryuken.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=89929
If a promoter wants to be removed from the list they must provide us with evidence that they have run two events in which the problems they have had in the past did not occur. This means that if a promoter runs an event in which some money got mixed up and wasn't paid out to the winner but they run two later events in which everything runs perfectly they can be taken off the list if they provide evidence from attendee's that there were absolutely no shady dealings going on. BUT if that promoter at a later time again has issues with payouts and is put back on that list that is PERMANENT! They will never be taken off the list. And I can guarantee you will have issues with attendance from that point on.
Stipulations for Being added to the list
- I will edit this list as appropriate
Each of these stipulations must have some kind of evidence backing it up if a promoter or organizer is to be added to the list. I will not add anyone to the list on baseless claims. If someone claims they were not paid what they are owed that IS evidence so far as I am concerned but if a promoter can provide evidence otherwise than they will be removed from the list.
- Has promised a certain prize and not delivered it
- Has promised a certain cash payout and not delivered it
- Money from the pot has disappeared with no explanation
- Workers who have been promised money were not paid
- Venues who were promised money have not been paid
- Tournaments were canceled without warning ( Meaning people showed up to an event that the promoter had not announced was off. Obviously emergencies do not count.)
- Obviously shady dealings. (EX:
Allowing losers bracket buybacks that do not go towards the pot, Removing players from qualifying teams without that players request, tying women to chairs and robbing them at gunpoint.)
- Florida - http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=8839450&page=23
- Florida - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196637
- New York - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=195882
- Texas - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=158247&highlight=SBO&page=2
- MA - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=209429
- Nor Cal - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=213551&page=11
- Florida - http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197094&page=4
- Texas - http://shoryuken.com/f25/harlingen-thread-revised-50741/index660.html#post8980457
Venues to avoid
- New York/Long Island - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=213482
The Wyndham Hotel and Resort Little Rock
- Arkansas - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197094&page=3
Hangar Athletics League (HAX)
- CA - http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=216026
THIS IS SHADALOO. WE SELL DRUGS! - IFC Yipes
AV by savaii64
SSF4 - M.Bison , Vega.