Fighting Game Comedy

Comments

• BurnYourEgoBurnYourEgo Ishikawa don't care about your weeabullshit avatar. Joined: Posts: 1,997
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    Pertho wrote: »
    Apparently Smash is the only game where people do things that are unintended to developers:

And this is why Smash fans bother me.

Because this dude chose to latch onto Smash, he put on blinders to deeper layers of all the other games.
    Steam: BurnYourEgo: Terribly playing KOFXIII and Xrd, want to learn Skullgirls
    Fightcade:Bathtub_Leviathan: ST, maybe 3s
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 4,333
    Apparently Smash is the only game where people do things that are unintended to developers:

Because this dude chose to latch onto Smash, he put on blinders to deeper layers of all the other games.

It happens more often than it should. And I mean, to an extent it happens in every community, but Smash players always end up talking about how their game is better than the entire genre while simultaneously being mad that some people don't include Smash in the genre or at events.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • ShadowfuryShadowfury Joined: Posts: 27

It happens more often than it should. And I mean, to an extent it happens in every community, but Smash players always end up talking about how their game is better than the entire genre while simultaneously being mad that some people don't include Smash in the genre or at events.

I think it's because they've been segregated by 'the FGC' and nowadays there's a lot of scrubby people on both sides who just shit talk the others. If you couple this with the fact that Smash is very, very different from other fighting games, it develops a sort of exceptionalism among them. So now these Smashers think that we still haven't accepted them, or something.

Wasn't there a bug in VF5 that deepened an aspect of the game that the developers wanted to take out? And then they kept it in because of the player outcry?

And is anyone else tired of people saying 'I don't give a fuck about sports'?
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,017
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,783
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,057
    The funniest thing about that video is him discussing things that weren't intended all the while saying Smash have them and implying other fighting games don't. Are we really gonna gloss over tac infinites, half the shit in MvC2, SF4 unblockables and G22 in Soul Calibur?

C'mon Son has never been more appropiate.
    Mother fucking COMBOS.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    Hecatom wrote: »
    snip

Homogenius to the next level.
    Hecatom wrote: »
    snip

What's a nige airdash?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 643
    edited August 2015
    What's a nige airdash?
    An escape airdash.

逃げ nige 'escape, evasion, getaway'

Because, you know, using English jargon is for uncool people!
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    phoenixnl wrote: »
    What's a nige airdash?
    An escape airdash.

逃げ nige 'escape, evasion, getaway'

Because, you know, using English jargon is for uncool people!

Thanks for explaining. Seriously, I thought I was reading 'nigga airdash' and was stunned!
    too slow!
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    What the fuck? What in the fucking, bloody hell did people think we did before SFIV? The most honest thing in fighting games is footsies. Its just your normals. How can it get more honest than that?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    People don't know what the fundamentals are neither what "honest" means in the context of fgs.

In fact, I don’t know either what people mean with keeping tyem honest, lol.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,973
    Lightz wrote: »
    Also, what the hell is this?

I didn't know they made Garry's Mod for SF4
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • SnowmanSnowman Joined: Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That photoshop doesn't make sense though, it's not even an RKO or diamond cutter.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,107 mod
    d3v wrote: »
    Made my own version with the entire trailer.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This thread is about to explode.