When is the next STREET FIGHTER or CAPCOM related comic coming out?

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Yes, it SHOULD be this week.
    Its now all up to the shipping.
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Updated first post with shipping info for SFII#0. Does anyone have any solid dates for SFII#1 or SFII#2?
    The target release date for Issue #1 is November 10th, 2005.

News is updated regularly.
    The URL for SFD is in my signature.
  • RC3RC3 Joined: Posts: 27
    Here are cover arts to issue #2 of SFII.
    Cover A
    http://www.mycomicshop.com/webpics/OCT05/OCT053313.jpg
    Cover B
    http://www.mycomicshop.com/webpics/OCT05/OCT053314.jpg
    Cover C/Power Foil
    http://www.mycomicshop.com/webpics/OCT05/OCT053316.jpg

Blanka seems to finally be involved. I wonder how he'll be introduced into the story. I guess the release date for issue #2 is December 28, 2005.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So, is SFII #1 in stores yet? Anyone get it?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • GojiraGojira Watch out KOF here I come Joined: Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't think it's out yet. Maybe on 11/16, but that's not official, just my guess.
    HEY EVERYONE LET'S DO THE TAE KWAN DO THANG
    I'ts not out on 11/16, but we have not yet been notified whether it will be the 23rd or the 30th.

Cory K
    hate to be the bitch that says it but...

I really thought that one of the reasons behind the huge ass long break was so that Udon would not go 2.5 months in between issues anymore.

I guess not.
  • Ender120Ender120 Minister of Mentos Joined: Posts: 166
    tragik wrote:
    hate to be the bitch that says it but...

I really thought that one of the reasons behind the huge ass long break was so that Udon would not go 2.5 months in between issues anymore.

I guess not.

If you'll be the bitch that says it, I don't mind being the bitch that seconds it.

What gives?
    <Danox> i bet a bum 5$ he couldn't guess my last name
    <Danox> he lost.
  • PaRt2PaRt2 "SS" Tier. Joined: Posts: 1,081
    Ender120 wrote:
    If you'll be the bitch that says it, I don't mind being the bitch that seconds it.

What gives?

and I will follow. My Comic Book guy is yet to see it and I just went in there today and he was going over his shipment and nowhere in site. Although, I did pick up Issue 12A from the last series.

I know it's only the 16th but what gives?
    "I randomed you out because I randomed myself out!" -Bob Washington
    "I'm so smart! How did I lose!?" -MadBooFace

Av by... Me! :coffee:
    "A late comic is late only until it ships.
    A bad comic is bad until the end of time.
    It'll be worth the wait." - SFD

:tup:
    yeah, i say, for a good comic we can all wait a little...or a month
    patience is good...if the reward is great.
    The point wasn't that i wanted it right this minute.
    I dont like having to search around and guesstimate when the comic is coming out only to be wrong.

Issue #0 came out in the midst of SFMonth, and although the issue was fine and didn't seem rushed at all, i now have the feeling that it was released even though the guys weren't ready to actually start the series again.
    Add that to the fact that I found SF month to be damn near useless, and you can see why i would be displeased.

Udon took a long break. Which was fine. So if they were to say 'hey guys, the comic will be coming out every three months now. get ready to get your faces rocked. no joke.' i would be more than happy. And i'm assuming that three monts is enough time to get a serious and consistent schedule going.

And look, all i'm saying is that not being able to follow a schedule is hurting them bad. Not knowing when the comic is coming out makes me forget about it...and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
  • CyanideAssassinCyanideAssassin Burn 1 w/Chun Joined: Posts: 514
    If we could get a definate date, that would be great. If the guys at Udon arent sure when its going to be out, it would be great if they could say that. I just want some sort of idea.........bla bla bla you get the point.
    Not here much.
  • SFMCSFMC The irate artist Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Yeah I made 2 trips hte past weeks just hoping that it will show up on the shelf. I can wait another 2, no hurry.

What i do agree upon is a definate release date.
    Av by Givequicheachance
    blog
    http://saigonradio.blogspot.com/
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar The Grumpy Surly One Joined: Posts: 1,092
    Here's a rant from a web comic author which I think may apply to this situation:
    The main problem was the format and update schedule. Instead of posting all of the comics in one story as one self-contained set, I'd just post a page at a time, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This is not a format I recommend for webcomics.
    I mean, let me put it this way. If you took your copy of Spiderman or Kare Kano, and then read one page, put the book down, waited a couple days, read another page, waited another couple days, and repeated like such, do you think you'd get full enjoyment from the book? It'd actually be really awkward, wouldn't it?
    If you take a story that was meant to be read in sequence, and spread it out like that, it has a way of ruining the intended timing and context of the story, and making it a little harder to follow than it should be.

People who didn't like the Android Story may be surprised if they try reading it now in archived form. I'm not saying it was a great story; it still has all the problems I mentioned before. But it certainly works better when taken all at once.

This is a problem that will likely spring up with the Street Fighter comic (if it hasn't already) due to all the delays (except with chapters instead of pages being the things far spaced apart). As all the comic issues are generally part of a single story, the simple fact is that if they end up getting spaced too far apart (such as say, getting delayed for months on end), more and more readers will eventually start to forget about it, or forget about what happened in the last issue, and "it has a way of ruining the intended timing and context of the story, and making it a little harder to follow than it should be."

Over an exceptionally long period of time when you're trying to reach out to as many readers as possible, this... probably isn't a good thing.

"I mean, let me put it this way. If you took your copy of INSERT YOUR FAVORITE NOVEL HERE, and then read one chapter, put the book down, waited a couple MONTHS, read another chapter, waited another couple MONTHS, and repeated like such, do you think you'd get full enjoyment from the book? It'd actually be really awkward, wouldn't it?"
  • ShadowhaxorShadowhaxor VgM for the Masses! Joined: Posts: 394

Never Fear... Your Friendly neighborhood Shadowhaxor is here.
    TiamatRoar wrote:
    As all the comic issues are generally part of a single story, the simple fact is that if they end up getting spaced too far apart (such as say, getting delayed for months on end), more and more readers will eventually start to forget about it, or forget about what happened in the last issue, and "it has a way of ruining the intended timing and context of the story, and making it a little harder to follow than it should be."

Over an exceptionally long period of time when you're trying to reach out to as many readers as possible, this... probably isn't a good thing.

quoted because that was more or less the point i was trying to make...
  • CyanideAssassinCyanideAssassin Burn 1 w/Chun Joined: Posts: 514
    It went to press around the 7th, so expect it next week.

If you know this for sure, thanks for the info. Ill keep my eyes open.
    Not here much.
    Look here, people, if you don't want to have a wasted trip to the comic store, just check here

http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping.asp

before you go. And you should go on Wednesdays.

On a related note, Street Fighter is still not on the list for the 23rd, although it will probably update by next week.
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,032 mod
    My comic book shop says the nest issue will not be in on the 23rd.

Well if it comes out on the 30th the book will technically come out in November so the book won't be late, or at least it can still be considered a monthly book.

On the plus side check your local comic book stores and see if they are importing a Namco x Capcom Illustration Book for $26.99 like mine is. While I have the game and love it, that's kind of a strange book to import seeing as how we are not getting the game released in the US. Oh well come Wednesday the NXC Illustration book will be mine. :clap:
    sfdevotion wrote:
    "A late comic is late only until it ships.
    A bad comic is bad until the end of time.
    It'll be worth the wait." - SFD

:tup:

Remember Joe Quesada's and Joshua Middleton's NYX?

Kevin Smith's and Terry Dodson's Spider-Man/Black Cat?

Joe Madureira's Battle Chasers?

Quesada's Daredevil: Father?

They were all better than SF and DS both in writing and art (except the BC issue Madureira wrote himself, that is), and had popular, big-shots involved... And yet, nobody cared anymore or forgot about them due to the delays.
  • CptMuntaCptMunta 3 Green Bars Joined: Posts: 1,207
    Time_Stop wrote:
    Remember Joe Quesada's and Joshua Middleton's NYX?

Joe Madureira's Battle Chasers?

Quesada's Daredevil: Father?

They were all better than SF and DS both in writing and art (except the BC issue Madureira wrote himself, that is), and had popular, big-shots involved... And yet, nobody cared anymore or forgot about them due to the delays.

What do you mean? Nobody forgot about them? Or everyone forgot about them due the delays? I dunno what you mean? No offence I'm just having trouble with the phrasing of your comment. (They don't call me CptMunta for nothing you know ;) )

If you mean that everyone forgot about these titles because of the delays then this is my two cents:

Then again, we are taking about a franchise that has been around and loved for the last 15 years or so, that hasn't been represented in an English comic book format before with the awesome skill that UDON's team has.

I don't think people will lose interest in the series at all. How many people in these forums have stopped playing Street Fighter even though Capcom hasn't released a Street Fighter title for 5 years?

I'd wait as long as takes to get the next Street Fighter comic. I would never boycot a series I liked just because was always delayed. They only reason I stopped buying Battle Chasers is because stopped making it.
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why is everyone bitching about the delay between #0 and #1? I mean...#0 isn't really a part of the series exactly, it's like a little extra issue that you don't really have to get. It's like this doesn't really count as a delay because the series hasn't even officially started yet. Now after #1 rolls around and THEN if there is a big delay between that and #2, I'd say complaining is valid. Seems that way to me anyways. #0 was just an extra to keep us satisfied until they were ready to really start.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
    When I get a definate release date I'll post it on SFD and its forum.
    Time_Stop wrote:

:sad:
    I hear ya...
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's certainly a cause for concern. You have to wonder what exactly is going on with it. An update or something would be nice.
    In my opinion, there really isn't much of a concern. The issue was solicited for a November release and this month has yet to end. So it isn't out this week, so could out next week. Erik has already mentioned that they have received their copies so its definately done. Possibilities for a slight delay? Printing extra pages, maybe? (Jumbo issue, remember)

However, one thing I have to note that January doesn't seem to have an issue 3 (its solicited in February), so it could be on a 6 week-ish schedule? (like how All-Stars Batman should have been)

I myself would rather have an excellent quality issue released a little late then have a four week scheduled on-the-dot which is haphazardly finished

Regards,
    Yik
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,595 mod
    Sano wrote:
    My comic book shop says the nest issue will not be in on the 23rd.

Well if it comes out on the 30th the book will technically come out in November so the book won't be late, or at least it can still be considered a monthly book.

On the plus side check your local comic book stores and see if they are importing a Namco x Capcom Illustration Book for $26.99 like mine is. While I have the game and love it, that's kind of a strange book to import seeing as how we are not getting the game released in the US. Oh well come Wednesday the NXC Illustration book will be mine. :clap:

*envy's Sano* Time to scout for this NxC Illustration Book.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • Ender120Ender120 Minister of Mentos Joined: Posts: 166
    Wolfkiller wrote:
    Why is everyone bitching about the delay between #0 and #1? I mean...#0 isn't really a part of the series exactly, it's like a little extra issue that you don't really have to get. It's like this doesn't really count as a delay because the series hasn't even officially started yet. Now after #1 rolls around and THEN if there is a big delay between that and #2, I'd say complaining is valid. Seems that way to me anyways. #0 was just an extra to keep us satisfied until they were ready to really start.

That just means that #0 was pointless and a waste and the energy that went into making #0 could have just as easily been put into #1, with the result that instead of being a couple weeks late, the first issue is out this instant and in my hands.

That's no way to run this shit.

"Well, we're really behind, but the fans all want something. I have an idea. Instead of just telling them how behind we are, we'll put ourselves even further behind by throwing them something small and totally irrelevant to appease them until we can get back on track!"

It just shouldn't have to be that they take three month breaks every once in a while to regroup when it could easily be avoided by not stretching themselves too thin with a wide variety of projects. And if you're going to do that, you absolutely do not waste valuable time and energy on what is essentially filler.
    <Danox> i bet a bum 5$ he couldn't guess my last name
    <Danox> he lost.
    Let's recap:
    Most people aren't concerned cause there is a delay and they want the comic NOW (that's frustration, not concern).
    Most people are concerned because if they weren't concerned, they would have already forggoten all about this comic....and too many may have already.

Just think how hard/frustrating it would be for someone who doesn't know about SRK to keep up with the comic?
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar The Grumpy Surly One Joined: Posts: 1,092
    The comic's hold on the market and it's chances for survival in the business world are tenuous enough as it is (heck, there's a sticky thread in this forum about it, for crying out loud!). Indeed, my own concern is that while the select minority here on SRK might stick around for it, it really REALLY can't be good for business (and thus for the life of the comic. We want the comic to survive, don't we? Or else no more comic!) for the comic to be delayed like this O_o The majority of people will likely start forgetting about it fast.

...on the bright side, the fact that it's SFII #1 might get in some new readers who don't realize there was comics before it with storyline to it to pick it up. ...I guess :xeye:
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ender120 wrote:
    SNIP

I think you took what I said the wrong way. I was pointing out that #0 isn't techincally a part of the main series, so there shouldn't be an X amount of days expectation until the next issue, because the series hasn't started yet. It's not pointless, but it isn't an official part of the series, so you can't say "Okay 0 came out on ____, so 1 should be out now!"
    This making sense to anyone but me? I'm not good at explaining things sometimes even though I know what I'm tring to say.
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • UltimaUltima Retired SF Aristocrat Joined: Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a Street Fighter comic?
    Ultima - The Right Arm of Scrub Voltron
    Wolfkiller wrote:
    I think you took what I said the wrong way. I was pointing out that #0 isn't techincally a part of the main series, so there shouldn't be an X amount of days expectation until the next issue, because the series hasn't started yet. It's not pointless, but it isn't an official part of the series, so you can't say "Okay 0 came out on ____, so 1 should be out now!"
    This making sense to anyone but me? I'm not good at explaining things sometimes even though I know what I'm tring to say.
    No. Not when it says "SF#1 Out in November" or something of that essence right in #0.

And before anyone goes "But it's not the end of November yet", Diamond still doesn't list SF#1 for the 11/30 shipment.
    And before anyone goes "But it's not the end of November yet", Diamond still doesn't list SF#1 for the 11/30 shipment.

The 11/30 is not the exact list for whats shipping next week. The definitive list is posted every Monday evening. From what I gather though, with a months gap in soliciting #3, I have a feeling it won't show up on Monday's list either.
    No. Not when it says "SF#1 Out in November" or something of that essence right in #0.

They are having delays, I'm not arguing that. But people are acting like it should be out in X amount of days from when #0 was released, and that's not accurate.
    As SenorDD has mentioned in his post below, SF II #1 Covers A and B (Alvin Lee, McGuinness resp.) are being released on Dec. 7th, as cofirmed on our retailer invoices. No word on the Foil.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2777416&postcount=1

Cory K
    I am really looking forward to this wednesday.
  • SanoSano SRKSANO on PS4 Joined: Posts: 13,032 mod
    KOF Maximum Impact issues 5, 6, 7 and 8 are coming out on Wednesday too.

Oh yeah, after 2 years the next issue of Spider-Man/Black Cat the Evil That Men Do will come out on Wednesday too. "Support teh lateness!" lol!