SF4 PC: The Custom Skin Mega-thread!

Comments

• PiumaPiuma Ha-Do-Ken!! Joined: Posts: 590
    i'm able to inject ingame ryu ssf4 alternative costume model.

i have also injected the color for the first costume but this is the results:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1130/streetfighteriv20100831.jpg

help please...

My personal collection of mods ---> http://ssf4aemodsbypiuma.jimdo.com
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    wow, piecemontee, that's big news! I've been messing around with it and I'm still getting some garbled models, but at least it's not crashing, eh? I saw that your screenshots show everything looking perfect, so I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying and let you know if I figure out what's up.

@Piuma
    interesting: that video is from back in May and the description says he did it all with Kensou's tool. Would you want to send him a message via Youtube and see if he'll tell us his secret to success?

EDIT: I just saw your last post. What did you do to bring in the model? I assume you exported the DDS textures from the new costume and then injected them into one of the old col files...? If so, you might have to reorder them (e.g., put the face DDS in the spot where the bag DDS normally sits).
    ok here is the segret (find by myself!)

I take the four file from ssf4

EXAMPLE:

KEN_01.bsr
    KEN_01.nml.emb
    KEN_01.obj.emo
    KEN_01.shd.emo

I follow the regular procedure with kensou's tool (exctract emz, rename, repack)

SECRET: Repacking i have renamed the files that appear in the windows into kensou's tool to match the standard order of the capcom files. In the windows the ***shd.emo file appear before the ***.obj.emo. This isn't correct. You must invert the order of this two files. Then repack. Opening the newpack.emz with piecemonte 0.33 now the order of the file is correct and the model run ingame!!

Do the same with the KEN_01_01.obj.emm and KEN_01_01.col.emb doesn't work.

We can import the model but not the color map!! neeh help.

@hunter
    contact me via msn if you use it.

bboypiuma@hotmail.com

wow, piecemontee, that's big news! I've been messing around with it and I'm still getting some garbled models, but at least it's not crashing, eh? I saw that your screenshots show everything looking perfect, so I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying and let you know if I figure out what's up.

@Piuma
    interesting: that video is from back in May and the description says he did it all with Kensou's tool. Would you want to send him a message via Youtube and see if he'll tell us his secret to success?

EDIT: I just saw your last post. What did you do to bring in the model?

We can't simply inject the dds in a normal col.emz file (don't understimate my skillz:rofl:). Because there are changes into the obj.emm included in it. We need the obj.emm from super. But converting it with kensou's cause game crash! That's the real problem.

Here RYU & KEN model from ssf4 prepared for SF4 PC (simply replace your original cos):

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

And here the bastard files that we need to convert!!:

• piecemonteepiecemontee Joined: Posts: 55
    I've been messing around with it and I'm still getting some garbled models, but at least it's not crashing, eh? I saw that your screenshots show everything looking perfect, so I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying and let you know if I figure out what's up.

Do you also have problems with juri and ryu?
    if not I may not have identified all data fields correctly, don't hesitate to post/send a screenshot.
    I'll try with makoto and ibuki shortly

EDIT: No problem with makoto and ibuki.

SF4 models converted from SSF4 (with kensou tool) should also display correctly, is it the case?
    @Piuma
    Ok, I tried straight-up injecting the DDSs and that ended up looking just like your screenshot. I also tried using Kensou's tool to combine the components into a single vanilla-style emz bundle and that ended up looking exactly the same... :(

I'm trying to keep as much information mirrored over on the wiki in case we have to come back and delete these posts at some point. To this end, I added your bit about reordering the obj and shd components (surprisingly simple, btw. I had been racking my brain about that for weeks and never thought to just rename them right there in kensou's tool :P).

@piecemontee
    Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/ehlusj.jpg
    The images on the left are all using console files while the ones on the right are using PC files. The one on the upper-right is using version 0.35 (just so you can see that something works properly) and the rest are 0.37. Let me know if you need any more info from me.
  • forfun09forfun09 Joined: Posts: 249
    wow! awesome news guys!!! I'm a bit away from the forum studyin' and moddin' for HBmoney again(yeah it's old but still cool game to take back memories and have fun),now i have my new hd so i can re-install sf4. Can't wait to see custoem models on sf4!Still waitin' a SSF4 Pc version!!
    keep up ur good works buddys!
    we are at the same point!

I'm able to play with ryu ingame using cody model, with color 100%!

But it's a case! Seem's like the model use ingame only the first dds of the list (for example, with ryu, the game use the bag - half white, half red ryu of the screenshot)

• piecemonteepiecemontee Joined: Posts: 55
    @piecemontee
    Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/ehlusj.jpg
    The images on the left are all using console files while the ones on the right are using PC files. The one on the upper-right is using version 0.35 (just so you can see that something works properly) and the rest are 0.37. Let me know if you need any more info from me.

Could you try to export a whole EMO to an .obj file and see if it is correct (in misfit3D for instance)
    It would tell us if it is a data reading problem or a rendering bug
    thank
    @piecemontee
    Yeah, that actually works just great, so I guess it's just a rendering issue.

@Piuma
    Ah, I think you're right. I had no problem porting Ibuki to Fei Long's spot, since both of them use a single DDS.
    the same for me, the charachters with one dds can be imported, the other no.

How we can destroy this problem?

other problem

here is SSF4 Chun, prepared for sf4 with color:

Ingame, the model seems to has a problem in normal map, too dark, or too clear, with ink is like dark oil.

• FranvuFranvu Joined: Posts: 6
    Anyone can upload this mod? Ryu is awesome

• jam007jam007 Joined: Posts: 99
    Lol ................................
    This is simply a brute force change of texture from ryu to dan and viceversa. Not a good work. In the video i see a lot of imperfection. Ryu can be more awesome.
    Anyone can upload this mod? Ryu is awesome

Piecemontee, whit kensou's tool we can repack a simply cos file and its 4 internal files. But to repack a stage file we need you help. Please add the possibility in the asset exp to import the container files to repack all kind of files, if you can

Yeah, it´s far by perfect, but i think that the idea is really cool.
    @piecemontee
    0.37b works perfectly! thanks!

@Franvu
    which part of it are you wanting? Ryu's costume on Dan? Dan's costume on Ryu? the swapped movesets?
    UPDATE IN TOTAL MOD: New Stage (City Night Stage)

STREET FIGHTER 4 PC: Total Mod Project v2.0 - Pagina 3

Hi hunterk,

I am trying to open DAN´s costume with Hex editor and change DAN to RYU inside. It´s strange but i can´t find this string...

Cheers
    @Franvu
    It's all the way at the *very* bottom. You'll see some strings that look like the filename. Just change those from DAN to RYU and you'll be set.

EDIT: it just occurred to me that you'll have to decompress the costumes first using the Asset Explorer. Just open the program and drag the costume file onto it. It'll automatically decompress it for hex-editing.
  • l[Shady]ll[Shady]l Joined: Posts: 46
    Hello guys, I've been away for a while so I wanna get back on track here, if you don't mind answering these questions.

1- Can we now change the amount of vertex in a model?
    2- Can we keep Guile's glasses, Bison's cape, etc... now?
    That's all for now.

Here's a little treat for you:

Guile
    M.Bison
    (I don't take credit for any of this work as it is not done by me)

Thanks in Advance!
    Hey Shady, welcome back. Unfortunately, the answers are No and No. There was a guy, kostasishere, who mentioned adding vertices by deleting them elsewhere, but he didn't show any examples and mentioned that it was dodgy at best. The cape/sunglasses are trapped in the animations (part of the *.cmn.emz file) and piecemontee has only just recently gotten them readable in the Asset Explorer, though they still look kinda crazy. The Asset Explorer itself has seen some great strides recently, including support for viewing/exporting files from the console version of SSF4 [golf clap for piecemontee].
    Thank you for the welcome back, and thanks for the quick response huntrek.
    Well, his theory might be correct.
    I was watching a youtube video that demonstrates characters from SSFIV playing in SFIV with swapped movesets, how was it possible for him to inject the models of those characters into other characters while they have very different amount of vertex?
    Yes, if I recall right I was one of the people that suggested that the sunglasses/cape are related to the cmn, however if you open piecemontee's Asset Explorer,
    load the "GUL.cmn.emz" + "GUL.01.cos.emz" and the "GUL_01_01.col.emz" (if you want)
    and change the "Ref. pose" to anything else(the character might mess up)you will see Guile doing the selected move while the glasses are accompanying him i.e. not staying in their place, however all I could get to was making them invisible in the before-fight cutscene (that is while using box piecemontee's Asset Explorer and a Hex editor),didn't get to make them visible in the fight.
    So, What do you think?
    for the SSF4 model imports, that's something we're working on ;) We use a program known as 'Kensou's tool' to prepare the files for PC and do a full-on replacement of the cos rather than injection of the obj. You can read all about it on the SSF4 page on the wiki. I'm working on trying to backport the cmn, but Kensou's tool doesn't seem to do the trick for the actual file that contains the animations (skl.emm IIRC). Everything else looks okay, though...

You're right about the Asset Explorer playing the animations with the shades on (I had just played around with it myself after I posted). I'm kinda stumped as to where else we would look. If we could backport Guile's cmn from SSF4, there might be a glasses on/off flag we could toggle in hex or something.
    I'll make sure to read about Kensou's tool, but for now could you please look around SSFIV Guile's cmn since I don't have SSFIV?

Thanks in Advance!
    Unfortunately, I only have a subset of the files on my computer, despite owning a legit copy of the game, and it's a bit of a hassle to pull more off. I'll look into it more if/when we manage to backport a cmn successfully.
    okay, I was wondering about this for a while now, but if you have a model for a character that's entirely out of the game, would you be able to swap it with one of the characters that are in the game?
    e.g. If I had a model of Morrigan(I don't), would I be able to inject it in the game instead of rose?

Can I request a a skin or not?

Edit: I just read about Kensou's tool,seems we're back to using offzip and Dragon Unpacker again huh?
    Anyway, did you check on the DDS places ? I bet they're different in SSFIV which is why they're not working properly on SFIV.
    No, the only reason the SSF4 models work is because the files internally reference one another in the same way as in the vanilla version (same engine and all that). If we figured out all of the places where it references the number and location of vertices, we might be able to inject arbitrary obj files, but that's a long way off (probably never going to happen).

Requesting skins is totally kosher, just don't be surprised/offended if no one makes it *cough*pregnant sakura*cough*
    Requesting skins is totally kosher, just don't be surprised/offended if no one makes it *cough*pregnant sakura*cough*

ehehehhehe:rock:

Never say never!
    If we don't do it, I bet the Japanese guys won't give up :P
    I edited my previous post btw,kindly re-read it.
    Oh,yeah AnimeNeko and his "Where is pregnant woman sakura?"
    No,I'm going to ask for a decent skin, it's going to require some work on Zbrush though, which I'm not good at.
    So,if anyone's up for the challenge,can you make a guile skin of this one?
    You don't have to use offzip/dragon unpacker, AFAIK. The updated Asset Explorer will handle the decompressing now, and I think Kensou's Tool decompresses things as well (the instructions may be slightly out of date. I'll check on them tomorrow).

As for the DDS locations, it's possible the ordering will have an effect. It's something I've considered but not tried yet.
    Seems that the conversion of kensou's tool isn't 100% accurate. Can we manually do a conversion of a file? How kensuo's tool do the conversion?
    You don't have to use offzip/dragon unpacker, AFAIK. The updated Asset Explorer will handle the decompressing now, and I think Kensou's Tool decompresses things as well (the instructions may be slightly out of date. I'll check on them tomorrow).

As for the DDS locations, it's possible the ordering will have an effect. It's something I've considered but not tried yet.

take for example the Chun Li converted that i've post.

If we open in piecemonte 0.37b only the cos file, there aren't problem in normal map.

The model is perfect!

When we add in piecemonte the converted col files we see that the skin are too darker and like dark oil.

For me the problem aren't in the dds but in the material data included into the obj.emm file.

Well Piuma what you're talking about is exactly what was happening to me yesterday, I load the cos it's all good, I load the col it starts getting really dark,
    However just as I was reading your comment I thought I'd try it again, and the model is perfectly clear now with the col loaded, even when you choose "Shadowed + Ink Shader + Texture + Normal Map"

Edit: about the Guile's sunglasses, I was looking around "GUL.cmn.emz" in the Hex editor, used the keywords "glas" (with one S) I found some lines about it but I couldn't understand all of it.
    About M.Bison's cape (named Mant/Mantle not cape btw), I also opened "VEG.cmn.emz" and there was nothing under the words "Mant" or "Cape" however in the DLC costume "VEG_02.cos.emz", there are quite a lot.
    then I downloaded Guile's original capcom skin from the wiki(my work was also on the original one), opened "GUL.cmn.emz" in the Hex editor, couldn't find anything under "glas"!!! and piecemontee's Asset Explorer doesn't want to load it!!!

So if anyone wants to help me out on this one, I'd very much appreciate it!
    I get the same situation, but the correct load of the cos is only into piecemontee asset explorer. Ingame i notice always too dark models.
    l[Shady]l wrote: »
    Well Piuma what you're talking about is exactly what was happening to me yesterday, I load the cos it's all good, I load the col it starts getting really dark,
    However just as I was reading your comment I thought I'd try it again, and the model is perfectly clear now with the col loaded, even when you choose "Shadowed + Ink Shader + Texture + Normal Map"

Edit: about the Guile's sunglasses, I was looking around "GUL.cmn.emz" in the Hex editor, used the keywords "glas" (with one S) I found some lines about it but I couldn't understand all of it.
    About M.Bison's cape (named Mant/Mantle not cape btw), I also opened "VEG.cmn.emz" and there was nothing under the words "Mant" or "Cape" however in the DLC costume "VEG_02.cos.emz", there are quite a lot.
    then I downloaded Guile's original capcom skin from the wiki(my work was also on the original one), opened "GUL.cmn.emz" in the Hex editor, couldn't find anything under "glas"!!! and piecemontee's Asset Explorer doesn't want to load it!!!

So if anyone wants to help me out on this one, I'd very much appreciate it!

i've only one problem...

How we can display correctly ssf4 model ingame?

Whic is the way to edit material of the model?

And another question...

Asset Explorer can read sf4 files and ssf4 files. Teorically piecemonte can set the program to do a conversion between the two kind of files.

Okay Piuma, there's only one way to do that, I think you should get a common character's (one that's in both games) files and compare between them, especially since SSFIV is "Re-tuned & Rebalanced" so there should be a couple of differences between them.