SF4 PC: The Custom Skin Mega-thread!

Comments

• rickfoxrickfox Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi!! Thanks sensibeat, that vanilla arcade stuff is awesome, JPN & JPX have sooo beautiful lighting. But i have an issue in every arcade stage: I've lost the sound effect when a character falls down. Only if it's because a throw I get a low volume sound effect. Has someone the same problem?? I'd like to fix it cause i want to play with these beautiful stages (has someone noticed the 'breakable' corner car in USA stage??? Grrrreat)
  • supesupe Joined: Posts: 30
    Skidrow release the PC Game Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition on June 29th, 2011
    Well, I hope fans of the series actually buy the game. I'd like SF vs Tekken to be released on PC as well, and I'd hate for Ono to have any more ammo to delay or cancel the release on PC due to piracy of SSF4:AE.
  • George80George80 from Russia with love Joined: Posts: 59
    No need to listen to topics about piracy on the PC, such as games for the PS3 out for 3 days before,the game on xBox out a week earlier, they can play online .. here in Russia is often taken to download pirated english versions, and then buy a key because our localizers very often spoil the impression of the game ...
    p.s.
    do not believe what they say businessmen, word for them is also a way of making money and they do not mean the truth.
  • supesupe Joined: Posts: 30
    do not believe what they say businessmen, word for them is also a way of making money and they do not mean the truth.
    They didn't release SSF4 for PC citing piracy. So why wouldn't they be telling the truth about their SF vs Tekken threats?

Anyways, I don't mean to be preachy and I know people will do what they want. I have no allegiance to Capcom and frankly I dislike Ono for his anti-PC sentiments. But I do like the SF series and I imagine the mods for SFvT would be amazing if the PC version sees the light of day.
  • George80George80 from Russia with love Joined: Posts: 59
    @supe
    the real reason and that's what they say are two different things.they did not have plans to release SSF4 on pc, pc games are worth less in the world, pc gamers more sophisticated in terms of quality games, and therefore are not buying as many games as opposed to console gamers.(sry bad english)
    p.s.
    but it should not concern us, we waited for this game and we should buy.
  • sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    Hi!! Thanks sensibeat, that vanilla arcade stuff is awesome, JPN & JPX have sooo beautiful lighting. But i have an issue in every arcade stage: I've lost the sound effect when a character falls down. Only if it's because a throw I get a low volume sound effect. Has someone the same problem?? I'd like to fix it cause i want to play with these beautiful stages (has someone noticed the 'breakable' corner car in USA stage??? Grrrreat)
    Yeah you're right, the Arcade stages are missing 2 sound files included in the PC ones.
    I'm gonna look into that to see if I can manually hex edit them to add the 2 csb files.
  • rickfoxrickfox Joined: Posts: 2
    Yeah you're right, the Arcade stages are missing 2 sound files included in the PC ones.
    I'm gonna look into that to see if I can manually hex edit them to add the 2 csb files.

Thx master, appreciate it!! I'd also like to play these stages on AE when it comes out!! Gonna be great!
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,033
    I am buying PC AE no matter what, just to support SF(and future) games on PC, not 2 mention these sick mods! :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    In case anyone hadn't heard, AEPC preorder is on sale on Steam, for ~$25. I just payed for my copy :D
    They took that deal down earlier. back to 40 now.
  • werewoodwerewood Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi Recycler, I am Werewood! I need your help again! Please see my PM. Thanks!
    banner.png
    It's supper time!
    So...
    I tested on Training Stage.
    I opened Arcade's STG_TRN.emz into my hexadecimal editor and copied the missing lines (including sounds) from PC's STG_TRN.emz.
    Then I had to edit the file to recognize this 2 new parts and I had to add 2 new references at the beginning of the file, causing every other parts to change offsets.
    So I had to rewrite every references for the original parts, composing the emz, that moved (4 parts in the case of STG_TRN.emz).

Tho if you take a look at others stages... most are composed of more or less 200 parts...
    So rewriting those would take quite a long time.

Here's the arcade STG_TRN.emz working, with sounds: http://www.mediafire.com/?uxba9ra8xv470cb
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,081
    Since this thread seems a bit more active again, may I request something? I still got the Guy replacement skin for El Fuerte, along with Abel/Cody. Thing is that Guy's face is deformed in the intro/outro of battles. Cody got a face fix for that problem, Guy hasn't. Anyone got a fix for him? :)

I tried out some new skins but I noticed something. The Yang/Gen replacement has a glitch/bug: when Yang performs Gen's Hyakurenko when he's on the right side, something sticks out of him. It looks like a roller blade or something (lol). I'll maybe try to get a picture of it.

Nice work on the Oni/Evil Ryu/Yun/Yang skins. A fitting HUD and select icon would also be great!

Cody&Guy18
    SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • Ice_BreakerIce_Breaker Joined: Posts: 66
    Hi guys! I'm back from the ashes. lol

How are the mods going? I was checking the folders and capcom changed all the files format this time.
    hey Ice_Breaker, long time no see! welcome back!

Yeah, they did away with the emz containers, for the most part. Otherwise, things are pretty much the same. You can "convert" mods from vanilla to AE just by opening the old mods in piecemontee's Asset Explorer and do 'raw dump' on each of the component files.
    hey Ice_Breaker, long time no see! welcome back!

Yeah, they did away with the emz containers, for the most part. Otherwise, things are pretty much the same. You can "convert" mods from vanilla to AE just by opening the old mods in piecemontee's Asset Explorer and do 'raw dump' on each of the component files.

Thanks!

I was away for so much time that I didn't even know what is this Asset Explorer. LOL
    The last time I came here I think it was when people here find out how to modify the Stages, if my memory serves. :D

I'll google here to see what I can find.
  • monkeygigabuster92monkeygigabuster92 Haunted by Wesker Joined: Posts: 980
    I am new one and i have my first new mod made by myself too :Guile resident evil outfits (10 colors)
    Image and download :http://monkeygigabuster.deviantart.com/art/guile-resident-evil-outfit-216049805
    Feel free to comment(and download).Everyone's comments are very precious to me.
    P.s: If it is good enough , will my mod will be posted to sf4mods.pbworks.com by someone (Like Hunterk or SeedyRom)? Thanks alot.
    guile_resident_evil_outfit_by_monkeygigabuster-d3kmp3h.jpg
    http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Provided simple polish mod
    I was trying to convert my Juli mod to AE, but I didn't understand too well how to do it. I made the raw dump(I don't know if I selected the right files) and it generated a obj.emm file. I just have to put this file on the AE folder now?

UPDATE: Oh, I already did it. It's really easy.
    I'll upload the new Juli for AE soon.
    Guys may we stick to SF4 modding in the SF4 thread please?
    Talking about SSF4AE modding here = off topic and confusing
    Talking about SSF4AE modding when it isn't officialy released = piracy (= bannable on this boards)
    Can't people wait 1 week for the official release, then we'll create a new thread only for SSF4AE modding in the SSF4(AE) part of the boards.
  • C2QC2Q Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Just wondering, is it possible to make a mod of the background to use the arcade oni/evil ryu background on the start screen?
    Example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_HWhMsv2o&feature=player_detailpage#t=253s
  • Francys PaiFrancys Pai ☆ Resident Cynic ☆ Joined: Posts: 5,085
    Anyone taking requests at all?

Been dying to see Vega in Kaworu's Neon Gensis Evangelion plugsuit for ages XD
    MVY. Francys Pai | Eternal Blaze - Mad Vega Yomi forever <3
    "When one looks like glass, everything else looks to be made of stone."

Art blog; Scarlet Eyed Rätsel
  • orgoloveorgolove Maximum Modding Joined: Posts: 87
    Man. The responses in the thread really put a dampener on any efforts to further try my hands at modding.

Anyway, the organization of the moves data was changed - my former methods aren't working. Does anyone have updated versions of the perl scripts?
    Guys may we stick to SF4 modding in the SF4 thread please?
    Talking about SSF4AE modding here = off topic and confusing
    Talking about SSF4AE modding when it isn't officialy released = piracy (= bannable on this boards)
    Can't people wait 1 week for the official release, then we'll create a new thread only for SSF4AE modding in the SSF4(AE) part of the boards.

Sorry. I'll remove the post.
    Just wondering, is it possible to make a mod of the background to use the arcade oni/evil ryu background on the start screen?
    Example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_HWhMsv2o&feature=player_detailpage#t=253s

I would like to see this too. This start screen is so much cooler.
    Sorry if it sounded a bit rough.
    I'm not a wannabe moderator, I don't own this thread.
    I'm very excited too by the new stuff we'll be able to mess with in AE.
    It's just that I wouldn't like to see this thread locked and the modding community to have to find other boards to post, when the release date is in 3 days.
    Sorry if it sounded a bit rough.
    I'm not a wannabe moderator, I don't own this thread.
    I'm very excited too by the new stuff we'll be able to mess with in AE.
    It's just that I wouldn't like to see this thread locked and the modding community to have to find other boards to post, when the release date is in 3 days.

Don't worry. : D
    I agree. I thought better and I think it's better to post the mods only on July 5th really.

Meanwhile, I'll be here trying to figure out some cool stuff for Ibuki :D
    Yeah, to reiterate: all of the information I've provided about AE has been based on the 360 version's files. I don't suspect the PC version will be different but you never know until it's available. I just started a new thread to go over AE stuff, but I won't be lurking there until 7/5, so lets not get it locked with pre-release questions either. ;-)

With that out of the way, I made a slight mod of Balrog's Alt 3 costume to give him a top hat and a monocle, like Mr. Peanut:
    2vjzbxl.png
    I also included a tentative AE-compatible version, but I obviously haven't tested it to see if it actually works on there (I'll test it on 7/5 and make sure it works). Since this mod was done to a DLC costume, I have left the costume number as 04 for the AE version and it will only be usable by individuals who have purchased the appropriate costume pack.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uh4g03r4z541jap
  • KillervinKillervin Joined: Posts: 22
    If you would not tell I don't see. And I found zero difference between the stages, so someone need to explain it :). This car breaking is very fun. Why capcom not make some breakable barrel or boxes for each stage...

So, waiting for the sound-fixed stage mod creating description for SSFIVAE, and if somebody tell me all the differences we replaces any stage.
    Since the files for AE seem to be different - - can someone here please consider making a tool that will auto convert or unpack the awesome vanilla mods, or even batch unpack them so we can use in AE?

I know we can do it manually using the asset explorer, but I have loads of them and a batch unpacker tool would make everyones life easier.

Thanks guys, and as always keep up the awesome skin mods!!
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    According to news AE PC file structure seem to contain SSF4 as default while AE files are located in the dlc folder (thou PC AE doesn't offer a switch back to SSF4, also early SSF4 bugs fix files are located in patch folder.

Seem AE is more exploitable to modding than SF4 ever was considering how we can compare changed between editions and files now in there uncompressed format.
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 382
    I hope it will be possible to add characters.
    @Spirited_Away
    yes, I'm hoping we can learn a lot about the files that were so mysterious before just by comparing the different versions. It may take a while to get it all sorted out, but I think we'll be able to do some really cool things. :)
    My bad, it looks like it's only SF4 PC piracy discussion that is forbidden on those boards.
    It seems you can openly talk of SSF4AE PC everywhere on the boards, even giving links to chinese boards where you can find links to download it and playable DLC costumes too (there are even links to fix the Skidrow crack and its keyboard issues).
    So, don't pay attention to my former messages.
    yeesh, I'd prefer it if we keep it clean here, anyway.

After seeing my top hat balrog, sensibeat suggested I do one of Baron Samedi, so that's what I did:
    1z1vdp1.png
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lsbmbzq2asj6fgc

As before, I've included the vanilla version (cos 1) and a tentative AE version (cos 4).

I had tried to do a voodoo/bone motif on his scarf, but it looked a bit too much like a bunch of penises, so I just got rid of it entirely...
    Hey everyone: In case you dont know - the party has moved to a new thread for AE converted mods:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/pc-ssf4-ae-custom-skin-thread.140225/
    good stuff, monkeygigabuster92. I'll get them all posted.
    Will the training stage templates for AE work on Vanilla?
    I ripped all of the background graphics from Street Fighter Alpha PC and want to make SF4 stages with them.
  • TerryBogardTerryBogard "Street Fighter" Joined: Posts: 75
    The game has many glitches and bugs. One is that the music of characters does not work. More specifically does not sound, even though the switch is. I now present my sound mod called "Stages' retro music":
    1. BGM_AFR = Guile's theme - by analogy with Guile's arena in "Street Fighter II".
    2. BGM_BLD = Guy's theme - by analogy with Rolento Schugerg's arena in "Street Fighter Aplha 2" & by analogy with Remix from "Final Fight" in "Street Fighter Aplha 2".
    3. BGM_BRA = Blanka's theme - by analogy withBlanka's arena in "Street Fighter II" orBlanka's arena in "Street Fighter Aplha 3".
    4. BGM_BRX = Thunder Hawk's theme - bomus.
    5. BGM_CHN = Chun-Li's theme - by analogy withChun-Li's arena in "Street Fighter II" or "Street Fighter III: 3rd Srike" & see "Benchmark" in the "Street Fighter IV".
    6. BGM_CNX = Gen's theme - by analogy with Gen's arena in "Street Fighter Alpha 2".
    7. BGM_IND = Dhalsim's theme - by analogy withDhalsim's arena in "Street Fighter Alpha 2" (wife in blue) & only he of India.
    8. BGM_JPN = Ryu's theme - see "benchmark" in the "Street Fighter IV" on PC.
    9. BGM_JPX = Akuma's theme - play for Ken Masters in "Street Fighter IV" and defeat Seth.
    10. BGM_KOR = Yang Lee's theme - see "benchmark" in the "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" on PC.
    11. BGM_LAB = Seth's theme - the plot of the "Street Fighter IV".
    12. BGM_LBX = Juri's theme - the plot of the "Super Street Fighter IV".
    13. BGM_RUS = Zangief's theme - only he of Russian.
    14. BGM_RVR = Sakura Kasugano's theme - playing for her, reaching up to Ryu, or playing for Dan Hibiki, reaching up to her in "Street Fighter IV".
    15. BGM_SCO = Cammy White's theme - only she of Scotland & see "benchmark" in the "Street Fighter IV" on PC.
    16. BGM_USA = Balrog's theme - by analogy with Balrog's arena in "Street Fighter II" or Balrog's arena in "Street Fighter Aplha 3"
    Download: 67.709 MB.
    Make Sakura pregnant on 9 months in a red bikini or red underwear
  • TerryBogardTerryBogard "Street Fighter" Joined: Posts: 75
    You don't have permission to comment on this page.
    in commments in SSF4 - Arcade Edition Modding Wiki. WTF??????????????????????
    Make Sakura pregnant on 9 months in a red bikini or red underwear
    hey kedawa, sorry for missing your post last week, I haven't been monitoring this thread lately. If you want to post those files somewhere, I or someone else can try to make some stages out of them.
  • TheKingSethTheKingSeth Joined: Posts: 213
    Can someone make a C Viper tweak model for AE please?
    Bring back j.long arms to Seth!
    I'll upload what I've got. I don't have any of the animated stuff, since I can't figure out how to unpack those files, but most of the background images are just bmp. The audio is all wav files, so I might as well upload those too, and maybe they can be incorporated somehow.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZUIS5LW
    ah, good shit, kedawa. Thanks for uploading. I'll see what I can do about making a stage out of them.
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • HornyyoshiHornyyoshi King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 232
    I finally got SSF4AE and made my first mod for Juri. do sf4 music mods need to be converted like the skins? what about stages? I have been thinking to convert all my old stuff and make a ssf4ae pack.
    http://hornyyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Lady-Haman-244863979
    I finally got SSF4AE and made my first mod for Juri. do sf4 music mods need to be converted like the skins? what about stages? I have been thinking to convert all my old stuff and make a ssf4ae pack.
    http://hornyyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Lady-Haman-244863979
    Welcome back my friend.Remember me?

• HornyyoshiHornyyoshi King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 232
    yeah, I do, thanks
    yeah, I do, thanks
    Btw, Hajiki from deviantart want you to do one of his mod.Can you check his message on your deviantart profile?

• pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    i'm having a problem with piecemonteeSF4explorerV0.37b when it comes to oni. i load up his obj.emo and his legs are touching which makes it super hard to edit his model when i extract it. anybody know how to fix this or what i'm talking about?
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    I know what you're saying, but there's not really anything to do to fix it, unfortunately. Which program are you using to edit? If misfit, you can deselect vertices by hitting 'v' to turn on the select tool, then hold ctrl+shift (i think) and right click to draw a box around the vertices.