SF4 PC: The Custom Skin Mega-thread!

Comments

• Francys PaiFrancys Pai ☆ Resident Cynic ☆ Joined: Posts: 5,085
    Anyone taking requests at all?

Been dying to see Vega in Kaworu's Neon Gensis Evangelion plugsuit for ages XD
    MVY. Francys Pai | Eternal Blaze - Mad Vega Yomi forever <3
    "When one looks like glass, everything else looks to be made of stone."

Art blog; Scarlet Eyed Rätsel
  • orgoloveorgolove Maximum Modding Joined: Posts: 87
    Man. The responses in the thread really put a dampener on any efforts to further try my hands at modding.

Anyway, the organization of the moves data was changed - my former methods aren't working. Does anyone have updated versions of the perl scripts?
  • Ice_BreakerIce_Breaker Joined: Posts: 66
    Guys may we stick to SF4 modding in the SF4 thread please?
    Talking about SSF4AE modding here = off topic and confusing
    Talking about SSF4AE modding when it isn't officialy released = piracy (= bannable on this boards)
    Can't people wait 1 week for the official release, then we'll create a new thread only for SSF4AE modding in the SSF4(AE) part of the boards.

Sorry. I'll remove the post.
    Just wondering, is it possible to make a mod of the background to use the arcade oni/evil ryu background on the start screen?
    Example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_HWhMsv2o&feature=player_detailpage#t=253s

I would like to see this too. This start screen is so much cooler.
  • sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    Sorry if it sounded a bit rough.
    I'm not a wannabe moderator, I don't own this thread.
    I'm very excited too by the new stuff we'll be able to mess with in AE.
    It's just that I wouldn't like to see this thread locked and the modding community to have to find other boards to post, when the release date is in 3 days.
  • Ice_BreakerIce_Breaker Joined: Posts: 66
    Sorry if it sounded a bit rough.
    I'm not a wannabe moderator, I don't own this thread.
    I'm very excited too by the new stuff we'll be able to mess with in AE.
    It's just that I wouldn't like to see this thread locked and the modding community to have to find other boards to post, when the release date is in 3 days.

Don't worry. : D
    I agree. I thought better and I think it's better to post the mods only on July 5th really.

Meanwhile, I'll be here trying to figure out some cool stuff for Ibuki :D
  • hunterkhunterk Joined: Posts: 2,237
    Yeah, to reiterate: all of the information I've provided about AE has been based on the 360 version's files. I don't suspect the PC version will be different but you never know until it's available. I just started a new thread to go over AE stuff, but I won't be lurking there until 7/5, so lets not get it locked with pre-release questions either. ;-)

With that out of the way, I made a slight mod of Balrog's Alt 3 costume to give him a top hat and a monocle, like Mr. Peanut:
    2vjzbxl.png
    I also included a tentative AE-compatible version, but I obviously haven't tested it to see if it actually works on there (I'll test it on 7/5 and make sure it works). Since this mod was done to a DLC costume, I have left the costume number as 04 for the AE version and it will only be usable by individuals who have purchased the appropriate costume pack.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uh4g03r4z541jap
  • KillervinKillervin Joined: Posts: 22
    Hi!! Thanks sensibeat, that vanilla arcade stuff is awesome, JPN & JPX have sooo beautiful lighting. But i have an issue in every arcade stage: I've lost the sound effect when a character falls down. Only if it's because a throw I get a low volume sound effect. Has someone the same problem?? I'd like to fix it cause i want to play with these beautiful stages (has someone noticed the 'breakable' corner car in USA stage??? Grrrreat)
    If you would not tell I don't see. And I found zero difference between the stages, so someone need to explain it :). This car breaking is very fun. Why capcom not make some breakable barrel or boxes for each stage...

So, waiting for the sound-fixed stage mod creating description for SSFIVAE, and if somebody tell me all the differences we replaces any stage.
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,037
    Since the files for AE seem to be different - - can someone here please consider making a tool that will auto convert or unpack the awesome vanilla mods, or even batch unpack them so we can use in AE?

I know we can do it manually using the asset explorer, but I have loads of them and a batch unpacker tool would make everyones life easier.

Thanks guys, and as always keep up the awesome skin mods!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    According to news AE PC file structure seem to contain SSF4 as default while AE files are located in the dlc folder (thou PC AE doesn't offer a switch back to SSF4, also early SSF4 bugs fix files are located in patch folder.

Seem AE is more exploitable to modding than SF4 ever was considering how we can compare changed between editions and files now in there uncompressed format.
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope it will be possible to add characters.
    @Spirited_Away
    yes, I'm hoping we can learn a lot about the files that were so mysterious before just by comparing the different versions. It may take a while to get it all sorted out, but I think we'll be able to do some really cool things. :)
  • sensibeatsensibeat otaku Joined: Posts: 343
    My bad, it looks like it's only SF4 PC piracy discussion that is forbidden on those boards.
    It seems you can openly talk of SSF4AE PC everywhere on the boards, even giving links to chinese boards where you can find links to download it and playable DLC costumes too (there are even links to fix the Skidrow crack and its keyboard issues).
    So, don't pay attention to my former messages.
    yeesh, I'd prefer it if we keep it clean here, anyway.

After seeing my top hat balrog, sensibeat suggested I do one of Baron Samedi, so that's what I did:
    1z1vdp1.png
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lsbmbzq2asj6fgc

As before, I've included the vanilla version (cos 1) and a tentative AE version (cos 4).

I had tried to do a voodoo/bone motif on his scarf, but it looked a bit too much like a bunch of penises, so I just got rid of it entirely...
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFV PC Joined: Posts: 2,037
    Hey everyone: In case you dont know - the party has moved to a new thread for AE converted mods:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/pc-ssf4-ae-custom-skin-thread.140225/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • monkeygigabuster92monkeygigabuster92 Haunted by Wesker Joined: Posts: 991
    good stuff, monkeygigabuster92. I'll get them all posted.
    Will the training stage templates for AE work on Vanilla?
    I ripped all of the background graphics from Street Fighter Alpha PC and want to make SF4 stages with them.
  • TerryBogardTerryBogard "Street Fighter" Joined: Posts: 75
    The game has many glitches and bugs. One is that the music of characters does not work. More specifically does not sound, even though the switch is. I now present my sound mod called "Stages' retro music":
    1. BGM_AFR = Guile's theme - by analogy with Guile's arena in "Street Fighter II".
    2. BGM_BLD = Guy's theme - by analogy with Rolento Schugerg's arena in "Street Fighter Aplha 2" & by analogy with Remix from "Final Fight" in "Street Fighter Aplha 2".
    3. BGM_BRA = Blanka's theme - by analogy withBlanka's arena in "Street Fighter II" orBlanka's arena in "Street Fighter Aplha 3".
    4. BGM_BRX = Thunder Hawk's theme - bomus.
    5. BGM_CHN = Chun-Li's theme - by analogy withChun-Li's arena in "Street Fighter II" or "Street Fighter III: 3rd Srike" & see "Benchmark" in the "Street Fighter IV".
    6. BGM_CNX = Gen's theme - by analogy with Gen's arena in "Street Fighter Alpha 2".
    7. BGM_IND = Dhalsim's theme - by analogy withDhalsim's arena in "Street Fighter Alpha 2" (wife in blue) & only he of India.
    8. BGM_JPN = Ryu's theme - see "benchmark" in the "Street Fighter IV" on PC.
    9. BGM_JPX = Akuma's theme - play for Ken Masters in "Street Fighter IV" and defeat Seth.
    10. BGM_KOR = Yang Lee's theme - see "benchmark" in the "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" on PC.
    11. BGM_LAB = Seth's theme - the plot of the "Street Fighter IV".
    12. BGM_LBX = Juri's theme - the plot of the "Super Street Fighter IV".
    13. BGM_RUS = Zangief's theme - only he of Russian.
    14. BGM_RVR = Sakura Kasugano's theme - playing for her, reaching up to Ryu, or playing for Dan Hibiki, reaching up to her in "Street Fighter IV".
    15. BGM_SCO = Cammy White's theme - only she of Scotland & see "benchmark" in the "Street Fighter IV" on PC.
    16. BGM_USA = Balrog's theme - by analogy with Balrog's arena in "Street Fighter II" or Balrog's arena in "Street Fighter Aplha 3"
    Download: 67.709 MB.
    Make Sakura pregnant on 9 months in a red bikini or red underwear
    You don't have permission to comment on this page.
    in commments in SSF4 - Arcade Edition Modding Wiki. WTF??????????????????????
    hey kedawa, sorry for missing your post last week, I haven't been monitoring this thread lately. If you want to post those files somewhere, I or someone else can try to make some stages out of them.
  • TheKingSethTheKingSeth Joined: Posts: 213
    Can someone make a C Viper tweak model for AE please?
    Bring back j.long arms to Seth!
    I'll upload what I've got. I don't have any of the animated stuff, since I can't figure out how to unpack those files, but most of the background images are just bmp. The audio is all wav files, so I might as well upload those too, and maybe they can be incorporated somehow.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZUIS5LW
    ah, good shit, kedawa. Thanks for uploading. I'll see what I can do about making a stage out of them.
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • HornyyoshiHornyyoshi King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 232
    I finally got SSF4AE and made my first mod for Juri. do sf4 music mods need to be converted like the skins? what about stages? I have been thinking to convert all my old stuff and make a ssf4ae pack.
    http://hornyyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Lady-Haman-244863979
    I finally got SSF4AE and made my first mod for Juri. do sf4 music mods need to be converted like the skins? what about stages? I have been thinking to convert all my old stuff and make a ssf4ae pack.
    http://hornyyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Lady-Haman-244863979
    Welcome back my friend.Remember me?
    http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Provided simple polish mod
  • HornyyoshiHornyyoshi King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 232
    yeah, I do, thanks
    yeah, I do, thanks
    Btw, Hajiki from deviantart want you to do one of his mod.Can you check his message on your deviantart profile?
    http://streetmodders.deviantart.com/

Provided simple polish mod
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm having a problem with piecemonteeSF4explorerV0.37b when it comes to oni. i load up his obj.emo and his legs are touching which makes it super hard to edit his model when i extract it. anybody know how to fix this or what i'm talking about?

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    I know what you're saying, but there's not really anything to do to fix it, unfortunately. Which program are you using to edit? If misfit, you can deselect vertices by hitting 'v' to turn on the select tool, then hold ctrl+shift (i think) and right click to draw a box around the vertices.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I know what you're saying, but there's not really anything to do to fix it, unfortunately. Which program are you using to edit? If misfit, you can deselect vertices by hitting 'v' to turn on the select tool, then hold ctrl+shift (i think) and right click to draw a box around the vertices.
    hey hunterk, thanks for taking some time to help out.
    i've seen people posting pictures with it looking normal. i just checked and it's for every character, not just oni. here's what i mean: adonblender.png
    it makes it almost impossible to edit the inside of their legs. i'm using blender btw, but this is how they look when i extract them from sf4explorer. i didn't have this problem with vanilla, just ae for some reason.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    I think it all depends on the character/costume. Some of them have the 'vitruvian man' pose as their default position while others stand with their legs together. I don't think it's anything you can affect or choose. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.
  • 0remrem0remrem Joined: Posts: 28
    Finally I have finished My Mods Menu Background for SF4 :)
    streetfighterivfinalpol.jpg
    Please visit My Website for Download : http://0remrem.e-monsite.com/
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AUTDX7Q9

Tetris themed training stage. I can't figure out how to take a screenshot.
    I made a whole bunch of other training stages too, but the rest are just tiled textures that I got from the internet. I'll upload them if anybody wants them.
    Sure, just throw 'em all in a zip and call it "kedawa's Training Stage Pack." To take screenshots, just run the game in windowed mode and use the print screen key and MS Paint.

I've been working on the SF Alpha stages and they're looking awful so far, but I've still got some ideas to try...
  • 0remrem0remrem Joined: Posts: 28
    Coming soon :
    New Music Stages
    BGM-VIE : Theme of RYU and KEN ( silent moment)
    BGM-LAB : Vega (Claw) Dark Theme + Vega (Dictator) Theme+ Wave of Psychocruncher
    BGM-AFR : All RISK FACTION music ( Duration 12 mn)
    BGM-VNX : Angel Night (City Hunter)
    BGM-TRN : Get Wild (City Hunter)
    And for the other Stages it's ???? for now
    Sure, just throw 'em all in a zip and call it "kedawa's Training Stage Pack." To take screenshots, just run the game in windowed mode and use the print screen key and MS Paint.
    I'll put them up once I get the screenshot thing figured out. The problem is that I'm using an Apple aluminum keyboard, and it doesn't have a PrintScreen key. I've tried remapping it to the extra function keys, but haven't had any luck. I think I'll have to just run the game in windowed mode and use the onscreen keyboard.
    I've been working on the SF Alpha stages and they're looking awful so far, but I've still got some ideas to try...
    Thanks for your efforts. If they're giving you that much trouble, then I'm sure I'd be totally lost!
    Oh yeah, Apple keyboards... Great construction, but their keymaps are crazy :P

The biggest problems with the stages I've been working on are making the size work out right (everything looks gigantic or the people look tiny, depending on how you think of it) and the level of detail (the pixels look horrible all blown up). The Ryu stage turned out well because it was starting from an HD image that looked okay blown up. These low-res stages are gonna be hard to scale up without looking like absolute shit. I'm gonna keep at it, though. :)

I plan to try enlarging them and then running some stylized filters at high res, like brush strokes and stuff, to see if it looks any better without becoming unrecognizable.
    in commments in SSF4 - Arcade Edition Modding Wiki. WTF??????????????????????
    WTF??????????????????????
  • CrazyAngryGamingCrazyAngryGaming Joined: Posts: 11

"Hey do you like games? Like fun commentary with informative information about your current game? Like to hear news about competetive players who have attended top notch tournaments UCC SBW OKC Bar Fights and Evo. WEll come check our channel out rate comment and
    subscribe and stay awihle were a gaming channel made by gamers for gamers!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyangrygaming?feature=mhee