ryu combo video premiered at evo2k9

n0thingmann0thingman NothinJoined: Posts: 608
there was an extremely awesome combo video premiered on sunday created by the guy that runs sonichurricane.com, i forgot his name

does anyone know where i can find or view that video online?
i tried sonic hurricane but had no luck
nothing is eternal.
i am nothing.

Comments

• neondragonneondragon This guy.. Joined: Posts: 187
    My guess is wait for the 2009 dvd or whatever site that was hosting everything for 15 bucks or something. I'm sure someone will try to post a bootleg version somewhere but doubt it would be up for very long.
    SF3S - Q // GGAC - A.B.A/Jam // KoF XIII - Clark/Athena/Leona
  • LostSymphoniesLostSymphonies C. Viper User Joined: Posts: 19
    this one?
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    Give me a day or two yeah? Trying to sort a couple things out but i'll have it for you asap.

Don't bother watching that terrible u2b version. The real video runs at 59.94 frames per second, not 5. Also it has a top right corner.
  • yuroyuro West Staines Massive Joined: Posts: 198
    That is good news!
  • MVC2FAN15MVC2FAN15 Joined: Posts: 907
    Give me a day or two yeah? Trying to sort a couple things out but i'll have it for you asap.

Don't bother watching that terrible u2b version. The real video runs at 59.94 frames per second, not 5. Also it has a top right corner.

Impressed a lot of people with your Ryu combo vid. Nice job you did on the video.
  • wuziqwuziq keyboard Joined: Posts: 484
    gs maj!!

i like the crowd reaction
    PSN: wuziq
  • pockygiantpockygiant Joined: Posts: 400
    Great stuff Maj! The transitions blew me away!
    twitch.tv/pockygiant
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    This was too sweet! Always good shit from you Maj! Standing ovations well deserved.
  • n0thingmann0thingman Nothin Joined: Posts: 608
    thanks! it was really great, i loved it

hope you really can get it up asap cause im dying to get a nice quality version of it
    nothing is eternal.
    i am nothing.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wow maj these people waste no time leeching on your hardwork by putting it on youtube right after the event.
    About that, any idea how that guy managed to download it from ustream? I tried a bunch of different things but nothing worked for me.
    the one posted here was shot with a camera phone. I haven't seen any others yet...
    The first time I saw the video, I thought you have a lot of luv for Ryu, you brought the best of him to the whole street fighter freaks out there. I can't hate on them, good stuff g, next year I'll buy you some hennessy n coke and will try to provide some ladies in the mix! you in san diego, holler at thehater619

"more hate bring loves" the hater619
    the one posted here was shot with a camera phone. I haven't seen any others yet...
    Isn't it the one from the Evo stream? You can hear the commentators at the beginning, and the entire thing is still on ustream. In fact the one on youtube still has the ustream logo in the corner. Maybe he used some ghetto screen capture software to rip it, because i couldn't find a way to download from ustream.
  • yuroyuro West Staines Massive Joined: Posts: 198
    I'm guessing a screen recorder.
    the rest of the videos on his account are copies of the stream. I'm not sure how he did it (was at evo so didn't need to do it lol).

maybe he had his computer monitor hooked up to a VCR or something and recorded it like that. which would explain why he's still on saturdays footage and none of the finals on sunday (unless some moral code told him to only do the semis and 5 on 5...)
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    You can download from ustream using Replay Media Catcher or Replay Video Capture. RVC records anything you inside a custom sized window, while RMC records the actual stream. Lots of other apps can record RTMP streams btw.

http://all-streaming-media.com/faq/recording-media-stream/faq-record-download-capture-save-flash-flv-video-rtmp.htm

edit:
    Just checked that youtube link of the combo vid. Some really slick editing. Great work Maj.
  • focushinfocushin Joined: Posts: 88
    that was sick!!
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,756 admin
    I cannot believe the legendary editing that went on there. This was just an amazing video all the way around.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• lowhighkanglowhighkang Joined: Posts: 178
    Hey Maj do you know if the IGN downloads are encoded at 60 frames? I know they are in HD but 30 fps is kind of lame?
  • rsonersone river city rsone Joined: Posts: 960
    Mad thanks to MAJ for the sick ryu combo vid.
    Slick transitions from Ryu to Ryu. Even Slicker combos. Probably one of the best combo vids I have seen at evo so far.
    To many of the pubbles, not enough of the bobbles.
    Here we go. Filesize is a little big but it's running at 640x480 59.94fps so i couldn't do much about that, even with the fancy x264 codec.

SF? Ryu Exhibition (Evo2k9+OHN8 Edition)

Fair warning: Bandwidth shouldn't be a problem but there's a limit on simultaneous connections so if you can't reach the website, try a little later.
  • sandwichcookiesandwichcookie Unregistered User. Joined: Posts: 1,178
    Sweet, thanks Maj. I was blown away by your video when it was shown at an awkward angle at 10fps with the corner missing.. I might just fall out and die watching it at full quality so I'm taking the time to thank you now while it's still downloading :lol:
    I hated hipsters before it was mainstream.
    cool beans Maj. i even still enjoy watching your CvS2 guile strategy vid.

*edit*
    o snap...awesome ending to the vid XD
  • watsonwatson Joined: Posts: 1,345
    nice vid maj. good work, naw f that, GREAT WORK! keep em coming.
    Super Arcade is the official host for WNF and TRB!
    follow us on twitter for updates on events and out of town visitors
    http://twitter.com/#!/SuperDojo
    come check out one of the last arcades before its too late!!!
  • togetoge SMBF Joined: Posts: 222
    Amazing Maj.

Please watson put up your ohira interview up! pretty please?!
    Wowowowow Mike Watson watches my videos??

Forgot to mention, that soundtrack has helluva bass so if you've got headphones it's a completely different experience. Laptop speakers can't handle that shit at all.
  • orochi ryuorochi ryu Tevale Joined: Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    awesome vid!
  • bradlee289bradlee289 Joined: Posts: 243
    That was a masterwork. Amazing video. Thanks for giving SFEX some love :)
    i really dig the animation transitions from one type of game to the next.
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 556
    That video was amazing, it was cool to see all the things Ryu can do, and the transitions were great. I also loved the sound track, Street Fighter II V is the shit.
  • Arz2003!Arz2003! PSN: Arz2k3 Joined: Posts: 196
    Downloading this baby right now.
    I saw the live stream on Sunday.
    Love the whole Ryu's timeline in all the games
    specially the EX series
  • wuziqwuziq keyboard Joined: Posts: 484
    just downloaded and watched. that video is a work of art! thanks again maj.
    PSN: wuziq
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • kanekakaneka White Lion Supporter Joined: Posts: 131
    Amazing movie and (you were right) the music is just awesome.

Thanks!
  • fegisfegis The Wan Ton Boxer Joined: Posts: 116
    epic :) a lot of time and effort has gone into that and it shows.
  • Leady?Leady? sure you can! Joined: Posts: 441
    Thnx mayne! Sumhow I missed your vid just from taking a smoke+piss b4 Mahvel, so I appreciate u uploading this, especially since generally, I root for shotos. I went to the ustream site, but the fps were so blotty I couldn't stand watching anything on there for more then 5sec.

I'm half way through it right now, and for some reason, the sounds aren't in sync and everything visual is in slow mo, even though it's running smoothly. could be my video player? idk.
    Say, don't you think it's pretty? Only when a body is slashed or split open do you see this red color, like roses strewn about. Maybe I'll make that kid bloom beautifully.
  • mofochrismofochris Don't get shocked. Joined: Posts: 62
    I've watched this video so many times, it's so amazing.:lovin:
    AV - BENSKI.
    I'm half way through it right now, and for some reason, the sounds aren't in sync and everything visual is in slow mo, even though it's running smoothly. could be my video player? idk.
    If you have kind of an old version of VLC, try downloading the newest stable version. Someone was having similar problems to what you described and downloading VLC v1.0 fixed all that.
  • tonycrusttonycrust never sleeps Joined: Posts: 333
    Amazing work Maj. Definitely looking forward to future combo videos.
    They were all, the living and the dead, becoming shadows.
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    Great job Maj! The video is nothing short of spectacular. The combos on their own would've made a great video, but those transitions made it completely sick!
  • TheghoulTheghoul Joined: Posts: 139
    Uploaded this on youtube for those who want to watch
    [GAMECAST]Ghoul/GMMA Ghoul
    GMMA.us
    Monster's Arcade
    "Hulk Whiff NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- WolfWood0
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Maaaaaaj!!! :tup::tup:
  • Radiantsilvergun3Radiantsilvergun3 Smooth Criminal Joined: Posts: 11,277
    That video gave me straight goosebumps.
    RoninChaos: A snap back is when you pimp slap a bitch with your back hand, and snap back around to catch her with the front.

In this one and only life, I fear not death but monotony
  • bobinobobino Joined: Posts: 401
    wow awesome video
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod
    i said it to you in person maj, but it has to be re-iterated. amazing video. the editing was a work of art.

man, the video really showed us how new the majority of the crowd in attendance were. i mean, there was ooooohs and ahhhhs, but it wasnt really going crazy till sf4. its a shame the new crowd didnt understand the insanity of the combos that were in there before the sf4 clips. but either way, they gave great respect, which is dope!

the editing is hands down, the best i ever seen. the setups you did to transition to the next game and combo was nothing short of brilliant.
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
  • William101William101 Learning... Joined: Posts: 28
    Fucking wicked video, the editing is very well done :) Loved the ending aswell.
    XBL GT - Wiliiam101
  • SlimXSlimX Canadians love me Joined: Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fading between games with Ryu in the same attack? That's a good . ;)

Great vid, Maj. Loved the red fireball.
    "When a top player calls you cheap, you know you've come up with some really dope shit." - Apoc

"No throws is not 'old school' it's scrub school." - margalis
  • ir0nicir0nic rockit Joined: Posts: 25
    shit.. this video is legit

thanks for postin it up
    man, the video really showed us how new the majority of the crowd in attendance were. i mean, there was ooooohs and ahhhhs, but it wasnt really going crazy till sf4.
    Yeah man i noticed that too! For example i knew people were gonna cheer as soon as they saw SF1 but it really surprised me that they cheered for the A3 air throw. To be honest that's kind of a bootleg way to end the combo and it's only there because i happen to think that move looks awesome. But anyone who's seen any Alpha 3 combo video must have seen a million of those already.

The overall reaction was overwhelming though. I had no idea what the fuck to do up on that stage.

Anyway hopefully most of those new people will be back next year.