Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• Mr JaredMr Jared 2D FRAUD Joined: Posts: 342
    Oooh, I can't believe I never posted this. Here's my modified TE, the LittleBigThigh-

3710459522_02cbdc13b4.jpg

3709649205_4e2ed94a83.jpg

I whipped it up just before leaving for EVO. Ono-san though it was hilarious and asked for a picture.

3736682558_b46b2d1bc5.jpg

3737971015_3e3bcf1b5a.jpg

Now I just gotta think of something for my stock 360 TE.
  • obey562obey562 i Joined: Posts: 540
    heres my first stick. i fail at cutting :( i think i'll give it another try soon

2z3z8cn.jpg
    youtube.com/obey325
    twitch.tv/obey562
  • infoseekerinfoseeker thanks Joined: Posts: 278

ggxxstick1a2.jpg

ggxxstick1b.jpg

//==--

Smooth roundover edges on the plexi:

progress2.jpg

Wire brushed base:

ggxxstick1cbottom.th.jpg

360/PS3 dual mod, Sanwa stick, Seimitsu buttons PS-14-KN's. LED on/off switch at back, headset access, controller ring of light routed to the red leds near headset (indicating player 1/2, 360/PS3).
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,690
    Don't the buttons get distracting during play?

Or is that intentional to throw off the opponent? :bgrin:
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • biohazard75biohazard75 Joined: Posts: 25
    That looks awesome, the art really fits the stick. Where did you get that meshtop by the way?

from gamingnow.net they seems to be down now
    Very nice, did you use vinyl dye on the whole case?

just the sides and the red bezel

Here's sneak peak at something I painted for my best friend DarthMagnus
    NewImage-1.jpg
    The Bubblegum Crisis Edition
  • infoseekerinfoseeker thanks Joined: Posts: 278
    Don't the buttons get distracting during play?

Or is that intentional to throw off the opponent? :bgrin:

heh if only, fortunately you can turn them off if you want with a switch at the back. :wgrin:
  • SilentRage03SilentRage03 Lucky Panda!!!! Joined: Posts: 725
    It's for games that only use 4 buttons, allowing a straight 4 configuration just like their arcade counterparts...

okkk well whatever works.
    av edit by joe
    SFA3: Ryu, Sagat, Ken
    CVSNK2: Sagat, Ryu, Ken
    SF4: Sagat, Ryu, Akuma
    SSF4: Ryu, Sagat, Dudley
  • michalcoughlinmichalcoughlin Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 149
    << taking donations =]
    Criminal Upper
  • HalvieHalvie Joined: Posts: 801

Post a higher res shot. What kind of paint/dye did you use?
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Just got my plexi in and put it in my HRAP3! Was so pumped when I saw it in the mail today. The cutting wasn't too bad, but the print had some blemishes that I'm going to just live with for now.

Parts: 6 orange sanwa 30mm, 2 dark hai sanwa 30mm, 2 orange sanwa 24mm, 1 orange sanwa ball top, 1 sanwa GT-Y restrictor, 1 normal HRAP3 plexi from Art's Hobbies, 1 black arrowed dust washer from Art's Hobbies.

Results:

cammy-hrap3-1-sm.jpg

And here's a close up of the dust washer (its kinda hard to see in the smaller pic, but the arrows are pretty prominent in person.

cammy-hrap3-2-sm.jpg

What brand did you use? I've been wanting to do the same to mine but I was worried about the finish of the sides matching the middle portion (already black) portion.
  • sait0usait0u Joined: Posts: 1,151
    Now my stick is complete...
    Hey guys, I have an aluminum CNC case from nhtran. I met the guy when i picked up the case and hes a super nice guy. :tup:

Parts:
    -seimitsus clears
    -ls-56 with bubble ball
    -dual mod with the rj45 mod.

here are some pics:
    http://i27.tinypic.com/w19x6q.jpg
    http://i26.tinypic.com/2vbtqoy.jpg
    http://i27.tinypic.com/2s78av4.jpg
    http://i32.tinypic.com/11jum3d.jpg

its my phone's camera. I hope you guys don't mind =/.

2lo0nz7.jpg
    8yb6nb.jpg
  • RiotbladeRiotblade the scrub Joined: Posts: 301
    Nice MGS stick r18_rider.
    Riotblade's Custom Sticks and Cases starting from $35
    http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196473
    Follow me on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/Riotblade
  • r18_riderr18_rider Visually Impaired Joined: Posts: 89
    THAT AKIRA STICK. ITS AMAZING!!!
    i am madly in love right now

Glad you like it.
    nice Akira stick r18_rider. I was thinking of getting an Akira art template as well!

Thanks.
    Nice MGS stick r18_rider.

Appreciate the comment. The art is still there underneath the new one bc I didn't remove residue :sad:. Maybe one day, Raiden will rise again.
    --Sagat and Ryu's next goal in life: Getting a G.E.D.--
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,321 mod
    Just got my plexi in and put it in my HRAP3! Was so pumped when I saw it in the mail today. The cutting wasn't too bad, but the print had some blemishes that I'm going to just live with for now.

Parts: 6 orange sanwa 30mm, 2 dark hai sanwa 30mm, 2 orange sanwa 24mm, 1 orange sanwa ball top, 1 sanwa GT-Y restrictor, 1 normal HRAP3 plexi from Art's Hobbies, 1 black arrowed dust washer from Art's Hobbies.

OMG, I want that dustcover. Silly limited edition TE sticks didn't have them.
    From Arthong you say? :D
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907

....The Bubblegum Crisis Edition

I'm strangely drawn to your mods. Paint looks great.

Painting the endcaps does wonders in getting rid of that cheap, shiny, plasticky look of the TE's. They should've come like that from the factory.
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
  • eperelezeperelez VAS-HG FTW! Joined: Posts: 1,443
    Oooh, I can't believe I never posted this. Here's my modified TE, the LittleBigThigh-

I whipped it up just before leaving for EVO. Ono-san though it was hilarious and asked for a picture.

Now I just gotta think of something for my stock 360 TE.

Too Cute!!
    "Namco Stick Are #1 In The World, No Doubt There As I Meus King Of Namco Sticks Who Conquer 50 Of This Stick And Sold 40 To My Follow Srk Members And Has 10 in His Home.
    Namco Stick's Are For Live Baby."
    --meus

HeatWare=eperelez http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=84368
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,174
    Don't you just love the weight of these? Have you taken your stick with you to bed too?
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    Don't you just love the weight of these? Have you taken your stick with you to bed too?

I always play with my stick in bed. Sometimes I just hold it...
  • OsirunOsirun www.powerupfighters.org Joined: Posts: 2,062
  • biohazard75biohazard75 Joined: Posts: 25
    Post a higher res shot. What kind of paint/dye did you use?
    will post one soon
    What brand did you use? I've been wanting to do the same to mine but I was worried about the finish of the sides matching the middle portion (already black) portion.

Rust-Oleum Gloss Berry Pink from Home Depot I use a Rust-Oleum Primer first
    I'm strangely drawn to your mods. Paint looks great.

Painting the endcaps does wonders in getting rid of that cheap, shiny, plasticky look of the TE's. They should've come like that from the factory.

On my Gouken stick I painted the end caps black using Rust-Oleum Fabric & Vinyl Black

Thanks a lot you guys for the liking my mods another close friend of mines also wants me to paint his TE stick I will post pics when it's finish
  • sait0usait0u Joined: Posts: 1,151

Yes I do :lovin:.
    here's mine te stick
    thanks to art for the plexi and art

3772019995_558a2b5ba4.jpg

3772826990_988de6f676.jpg

3772827266_4e85d68b4c.jpg
  • doomydoomy Joined: Posts: 312
    My first of probably lots.

ectlln

The base - Stick is bolted through feet (white rubbery as buggery) with 70mm M5 bolts into top. Back opens up so you can dump the cord inside.

ahc5te

Inlaid Acrylic into rebated and vacformed MDF. Graphics courtesy of the Designers Republic (IE Wip3out)

08vea1

Shiny acrylic. Yum

n0pr55

Im happy considering how long it took (10hrs) - wiring is the insides of a VSHG so will do this properly at a later date.

Graphic can be whatever as I purposefully made sure its A4 and can print it at home on my Canon iP4600.
    For Acrylics in Europe and general, hopefully interesting blog.... http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Doomyworks-Arcade-Stick-Modding/124225307605289?ref=sgm
  • wahfuewahfue Joined: Posts: 34

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/ectlln

The base - Stick is bolted through feet (white rubbery as buggery) with 70mm M5 bolts into top. Back opens up so you can dump the cord inside.

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/ahc5te

Inlaid Acrylic into rebated and vacformed MDF. Graphics courtesy of the Designers Republic (IE Wip3out)
    http://files.me.com/patricksummers/08vea1

Shiny acrylic. Yum

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/n0pr55

Im happy considering how long it took (10hrs) - wiring is the insides of a VSHG so will do this properly at a later date.

Graphic can be whatever as I purposefully made sure its A4 and can print it at home on my Canon iP4600.

how lame of me, i just realized that the thread is new just now!!! (i have bookmark i go directly to) Anyway, great work everybody!!! doomy, that stick is sick!! excellent job man and real nice craftmanship.

ecksnine, another sweet stick from u but for some reason, i still can't get over ur layered ones and hope u make more of those to show.
  • cleetuscleetus Joined: Posts: 7
    Also wanted to give cleetus props on the Dark Tower stick. Excellent stick, though I don't get why there's a thirteen on the side. Nineteen is the magic number in the Dark Tower, but whatever. Still rockin'.

Black 13 was the nasty little crystal ball Callahan had underneath his church that kept sending the ka-tet todash.
  • CantoCanto Joined: Posts: 1,530
    Doomy.. very nice original case design. I like it!
  • Mr JaredMr Jared 2D FRAUD Joined: Posts: 342
    Doomy: I'm usually not a fan of non-standard shapes when it comes to arcade sticks, but yours is way too slick. Nice job!
    yarrrrrrrrr

i really wanted to take my stick beyond the green flash with this.

i'm going to list everything thats been done
    enjoy!

SFIV TE Fightstick
    Sanwa/Seimitsu alternate color buttons
    Octo-gate
    MC Cthulhu & imp combo
    Rj45 jack for multi console action

Inspired carry handle from the Wizard film "Wizard Handle"
    Buttons up/Joystick and turbo down orientation
    Facilitates "aristocratic play style"
    Re-oriented xbox button to match vertical view
    Custom button layout & design of main plate
    Custom clear acrylic faceplate with my pirate babe graphic underlay
    Black bezel
    Thumb screws for minimum tools or no tools maintenance
    POTC "Aztec Gold of Cortez" dust washer
    Gold anodized aluminum shaft sleeve

Optional ball tops including:
    *"Ships Helm" guide post for seriously quick and tense maneuvers
    *"Caddy Shack" grip
    Golf ball provides texture, larger size, and extra throw weight
    *Green ball top

"The garage" - by screwing the spare stick tops to the large foot screws on the bottom steel plate and modifying the lower plastic body with some holes i can carry spare joystick tops in fight stick and swap out as desired

P7290319.jpg
    P7290312.jpg
    P7290313.jpg
    P7290314.jpg
    P7290315.jpg
    P7290316.jpg
    P7290317.jpg
    P7290318.jpg
    P7290320.jpg
    P7300321.jpg

i was also inspired by this - random
    l_d89567540c8e493f89e4f0cbd9a8293b.jpg
  • MerovingianMerovingian Joined: Posts: 50
    Dude, sorry If I'm beeing ignorant here but, do you mind posting a picture of how is your grip on this stick/button layout?

Ps.: It looks amazing, the art is insane and stick mod is over the top!
    www.portalversus.com.br
    Dude, sorry If I'm beeing ignorant here but, do you mind posting a picture of how is your grip on this stick/button layout?

Ps.: It looks amazing, the art is insane and stick mod is over the top!

Lol, I was thinking the same thing, that mod confuses the hell out of me, haha. Looks cool, but... I'm not sure now natural it would feel for fighting games (at least for people who are used to playing in arcades or standard stick layouts).

What is "aristocratic play style"?:confused:
  • PHATAL PHDPHATAL PHD UMvC3 Trainee Joined: Posts: 801
    @ Doomy - SICK stick man...where'd you get that box from though? that box is righteous, and looks emaculate. I just finished my first stick too, so kudos on yours man.
    Dudes is salty, I'm fond of the sodium...Anticipating shots like Obama at the podium ~ Buddens
  • kte03kte03 The Hundreds Joined: Posts: 1,013
    The design on that stick looks cool but... how the hell do you play with the stick top O_o? And how do you intend to play with that layout?
    My avatar is really Dudley in disguise.
  • doomydoomy Joined: Posts: 312
    @ Doomy - SICK stick man...where'd you get that box from though? that box is righteous, and looks emaculate. I just finished my first stick too, so kudos on yours man.

I kinda made it myself. I explain it all here.

Thanks for comments.
    For Acrylics in Europe and general, hopefully interesting blog.... http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Doomyworks-Arcade-Stick-Modding/124225307605289?ref=sgm
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,321 mod
    Doomy, that is really unique and creative!! :D
    Reps to ya.
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
    that is the oddest layout i've ever seen..i'm sure Markman is going to cry when he see's that ;x
    av edit by joe
  • evilgordoevilgordo Do Not Panic! Joined: Posts: 107
    Facilitates "aristocratic play style"

Looks like that layout if for crossed arm play style...

Left hand on buttons, right hand on stick
    wow, that new stick top is pretty awesome i must say.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    that is the oddest layout i've ever seen..i'm sure Markman is going to cry when he see's that ;x

No way, I think it is awesome!

My coworkers were like WTF though :rofl:
  • PHATAL PHDPHATAL PHD UMvC3 Trainee Joined: Posts: 801
    Looks like that layout if for crossed arm play style...

Left hand on buttons, right hand on stick

now that i look at it, that maybe right.
    But that style always made me think....why don't ppl just make left handed sticks, where the stick and button positions are swapped?
    Dudes is salty, I'm fond of the sodium...Anticipating shots like Obama at the podium ~ Buddens
    No way, I think it is awesome!

My coworkers were like WTF though :rofl:

ohh hahah ;x ok cool..just weird layout tho. I can never play like that if it was a fighting game.
    av edit by joe
    But that style always made me think....why don't ppl just make left handed sticks, where the stick and button positions are swapped?

If people had done that from the beginning it would probably be best, but now that some people (ok, the only person I can think of is seth, lol) have been playing cross handed for a while, they're probably already too used to that to switch to a left handed stick?

I didn't really think of the cross handed thing for that layout though... ergonomically I guess that's true, but still, people who are used to current sticks would probably have to get used to it... still weirds me out though, haha.
  • evilgordoevilgordo Do Not Panic! Joined: Posts: 107

In this case, I agree. If you're gonna go through the effort of modding the button layout for cross arm style, why not go the extra mile and swap the stick and button positions becasue either way, a 'standard' player can't use the stick any way. Unless, it is a brain/muscle memory thing...that they have played cross armed so long that even if the stick were on the right and buttons on the left, it wouldn't feel right...
  • OsirunOsirun www.powerupfighters.org Joined: Posts: 2,062
    @ BILLYTWIX

Very sweet stick, but I'd also like a pic of how you position your hands. Just so my mind doesn't explode :looney:

I'm guessing that due to the vertical layout you actually play with one hand above the other, but not quite in the ordinary cross-hand style I've seen. Very interesting!
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    A stick mod of epic proportions.

Holy HELL that stick is PIMPED. Epic work BILLYTWIX! :wow:

Just out of curiosity though, where did you mount your RJ-45 connector? I can't see it anywhere in your pictures and I'm curious as to where people who perform the RJ-45 + Cthulu mod place it on their Mad Catz FightStick Tournament Editions.
    Holy HELL that stick is PIMPED. Epic work BILLYTWIX! :wow:

Just out of curiosity though, where did you mount your RJ-45 connector? I can't see it anywhere in your pictures and I'm curious as to where people who perform the RJ-45 + Cthulu mod place it on their Mad Catz FightStick Tournament Editions.

wow i didnt think there would be this much response to the stick...
    1st off - i'm left handed
    2nd - i dont play lefty
    3rd - i'll post up some pics of me holding the stick tonight some time - think crossed legs

4th - the rj45 fits really well on the left side of the box if you are holding the stick regular. in one of the pictures i think there is a red heat shrink tube to the left of the cthulhu. that runs through the white piece on the left side to the box. this made the most sense to me space wise. also with the rj45 over there you can put your index finger in and press straight in to push the clip and pull to the left if you're facing the door. also the cord has to travel to the other side of the box to the cord slot. i felt this was the mostly a safety protocol on having the cord being uuber yanked. i've tried to just pull the cord out and the most i've done is opened the door with the cable still nestled in happy as can be.

def keep the questions coming.
  • Mindgam3Mindgam3 8,000,000 PP's > You Joined: Posts: 56
    And I thought my stick was good, haha. Good stuff Billy and Doomy.

This is my fourth stick, made on commission. Wiring is a bit of a clusterfuck, but considering how small it is (inside area is about 9.5 inches long by 6 inches wide), I think I did alright. Maybe some wire casing is in order. Big thanks goes out to Toodles for making such cleverly designed PCB's, BombermanX for writing up the MC Cthulhu/360 SE guide, Maxx Mana for creating the wiring diagram (which I'll fix up soon!), Acceptablerisk for making a comprehensive guide on creating cables for the MC Cthulhu, and Ghaleon for providing words of inspiration (although I now know that the fourth button is completely unnecessary...). No thanks goes to my brother, who bought a faulty 360 whose 1P USB port doesn't work, thereby causing me to be driven up a wall until Toodles told me that his PCB actually tells you what's wrong.

Seimitsu LS-32-01 Joystick
    Seimitsu PS-14-KN Pushbuttons
    MC Cthulhu/Imp/360 RJ-45 mod (everything goes through the jack)

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg
    I love BlueNine.
  • cleetuscleetus Joined: Posts: 7
    although I now know that the fourth button is completely unnecessary

Who cares...those side buttons are very unique. I don't think I've seen anyone else throw graphics under the side buttons before...but I'm sure we will soon. I'm definitely thinking about the extra real estate there now!
  • Illustrator76Illustrator76 I Draw Nice Pictures Joined: Posts: 656

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/ectlln

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/ahc5te

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/08vea1

Shiny acrylic. Yum

http://files.me.com/patricksummers/n0pr55

Man is that thing awesome! I love the original design and shape of that stick, you should be very proud of that thing sir!

Also, that handle on BILLYTWIX's stick is just too sweet!
  • YellowS4YellowS4 Joined: Posts: 4,579
    What's odd is that I saw the whole stick on top, buttons on the bottom for a SF cab at some random service station on my way to NYC 7-8 years ago; it was the most bizarre thing ever, I wish I took pics of it.