Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• fegisfegis The Wan Ton Boxer Joined: Posts: 116
    very nice doomy! fantastic, this thread really makes me wanna try and make my own but im very clumsy :( Maybe ill buy a case and start with just wiring lol.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    And I thought my stick was good, haha. Good stuff Billy and Doomy.

This is my fourth stick, made on commission. Wiring is a bit of a clusterfuck, but considering how small it is (inside area is about 9.5 inches long by 6 inches wide), I think I did alright. Maybe some wire casing is in order. Big thanks goes out to Toodles for making such cleverly designed PCB's, BombermanX for writing up the MC Cthulhu/360 SE guide, Maxx Mana for creating the wiring diagram (which I'll fix up soon!), Acceptablerisk for making a comprehensive guide on creating cables for the MC Cthulhu, and Ghaleon for providing words of inspiration (although I now know that the fourth button is completely unnecessary...). No thanks goes to my brother, who bought a faulty 360 whose 1P USB port doesn't work, thereby causing me to be driven up a wall until Toodles told me that his PCB actually tells you what's wrong.

Seimitsu LS-32-01 Joystick
    Seimitsu PS-14-KN Pushbuttons
    MC Cthulhu/Imp/360 RJ-45 mod (everything goes through the jack)

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/Mindgam3/DSCN0190.jpg
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/Mindgam3/DSCN0193.jpg
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/Mindgam3/DSCN0201.jpg
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/Mindgam3/DSCN0200.jpg

I've been lurking on this board for a bit and always checking out the new sticks, this one caught my eye because I saw it in person last weekend at a tournament, it was definitely impressive! I should hopefully have a pick of the very first stick I've modded, I just put some art and plexi in from Art's, just waiting on my Octo gate and buttons from Lizard Lick.
  • kAAkAA third strike yo! Joined: Posts: 28
    i finished my mod on namco psx,using ls32
    5 bucks for extra 2cm on the botton metal plate
    namco2.jpg
    30072009148.jpg
    30072009149e.jpg
    30072009150.jpg
    30072009151.jpg
    30072009152.jpg
    30072009155.jpg
    the stock buttons are awesome,so i wont change it right now
    hopefully these will be helpful on the positioning questions.

P7300327.jpg
    P7300326.jpg
    P7300325.jpg
    P7300328.jpg
  • SilentRage03SilentRage03 Lucky Panda!!!! Joined: Posts: 725
    yeahh that looks like it'll work.
    av edit by joe
    SFA3: Ryu, Sagat, Ken
    CVSNK2: Sagat, Ryu, Ken
    SF4: Sagat, Ryu, Akuma
    SSF4: Ryu, Sagat, Dudley
  • QancerQancer Joined: Posts: 252
    hopefully these will be helpful on the positioning questions.

x
    x
    x
    x

interesting.
    pop that collar lol
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    kAA, that is a SICK Namco mod! Even though I already saw it in the other thread, I haven't gotten a chance to say how crazy awesome that is. I love it! I must ask, where did you get that metal plate and how did you mount it onto your case? I'd die to mount an LS-32 in a Namco stick! :wow:
    may+be+cool.JPG
  • kAAkAA third strike yo! Joined: Posts: 28
    i bought some metal bars from a junk yard and soldered on the namco bottom plate to make the ls32 fit without the namco shaft
    the internal space(to mount joystick) was 3.3cm before mod,now its 5.3cm

look at this pic and u ill get the idea :p
    30072009154.jpg
    Don't want to dirty up this shiny new thread with an X-Arcade, but as I picked it up for ze cheap, and it's my very first mod, and it should end up in a MAME cabinet by the end of next month allowing me to focus on the two MadCatz SE's and a TE waiting in the wings, I thought I'd share this and hope I can avoid being burned at the stake. At the very least X-Gaming is trying to resolve their lag issues, but enough back-pedaling, here's the stick. Clicky for large size.
    01%20-%20Halfway%20There.jpg
    Halfway there: standard on right, custom on left

02%20-%20Not%20Quite%20a%20Rat%27s%20Nest.jpg
    Not quite a rat's nest, but still pretty close quarters

03%20-%20X-Arcade%20Standard%20Components.jpg
    These are the Chinese el cheapo X-Arcade standard components

04%20-%20Looking%20Much%20Better.jpg
    Ahhh much better - Happ competition pushbuttons and iL Eurojoystick

05%20-This%20%20iL%20Eurostick%20just%20fits.jpg
    This il Eurojoystick just fit without any problems...the other, however....most certainly did not

06%20-%20Blood%2C%20Sweat%20and%20Tears.jpg
    Bloody knuckles from the quick-disconnects, pinched thumbs from the needle-nose pliers,
    mucho sweat from trimming down the player two joystick - but only a few hours later,
    she was looking great. Modeled by my lil' helper!

07%20-%20Oh%20goodness.jpg
    Aaand just as we put it all together, looks like the iL's are too long.
    Had to make due with some pretty quick and dirty cuts to give em' some breathing room.

08%20-%20Hack%20job.jpg
    Hack job to hide the holes...looks a bit better since I trimmed it up

09%20-%20Let%27s%20do%20this.jpg
    Thar she is...retro Apple logo colours, pro components and ready for some arcade action!

All in all, sore hands notwithstanding, it went pretty well. The quick-disconnects were different than I expected, one of those 'don't really know until you have a chance to play with one' kind of thing, and the original X-Gaming pushbuttons had a bit of glue which made them a pain to screw out. Considering it was my first time ever even seeing the inside of a stick in person, I was pretty happy with how it went. Followed the advice I found here, but there were a number of times where it varied; maybe case/hardware revisions on X-Gaming's part or something.

Ordered everything from LizardLick and was very satisfied with their service. Now I just need to wait for them to ship my MadCatz replacement bits and I'll be ready for round two.

I do a lot of graphic design (hence the Apple colours?) but the one person I've found who did a full plexi replacement of the X-Arcade dual kinda warned me in no uncertain terms that it was a pretty intensive project. I think if I can find another one for the same bargain-basement price I might consider it, as admittedly the X-Arcade graphics are pretty blah. Since this will be a jack-of-all-trades MAME stick I'm not really too fussed for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to show off some neat designs for my MadCatz in the next few months; this thread is such a great place to showcase the unique personalities of the stick-owners and I'm continually finding myself with a big smile on my face with all the creativity and expression posted here!
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,321 mod
    It looks like a hella nice stick. Just change the x arcade panel art.
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
  • KrosKros Mak n Sak Joined: Posts: 611
    Billy, you are a badass. You're comfortable playing like that?
    3s: Makoto/Sean/Yun
    SSF4: R.I.P Makoto
  • messen47messen47 Joined: Posts: 25
    good work well done
  • SardaSarda Joined: Posts: 498
    Billy, you're my hero.
    Everything has changed now that i saw your aristocratic style of play.
    XBL: Guilherme Sarda
    Brazilian Fighting Games Community

http://www.twitter.com/guisarda
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    lol, is that really what it's called, or did Billy coin a new term? It makes me picture a guy in a top hat and monocle playing Street Fighter.
  • Scrub Goku SatsuScrub Goku Satsu I am a scrub Joined: Posts: 276
    'Let's fight.... like gentlemen'
  • DrachenherzDrachenherz Joined: Posts: 64
    Understanding is the bridge over our human (in-)differences.
    There's more to Switzerland than just chocolate and cheese...
    www.drachenherz.ch
  • CantoCanto Joined: Posts: 1,530
    Lol!!! All classy and such but then you got those multi-coloered laces and throw it all off!!!!
    But still dude.. classy as hell.. classy!
    "The Billy." Brand new style of playing!
  • Riot GuardRiot Guard Old School Joined: Posts: 3,903
    I think if I saw someone playing on stick set on it's side like that I would just rage quit. It's takes a Rainman level of comprehension to play like that and I'm just to conventional too compete against that.
  • zeeteszeetes I <3 Namco Joined: Posts: 1,060
    kaa- you have committed a serious crime by cutting away at the greatest stick man have ever known, but since it came out nicely so i may just let it slide.
  • OsirunOsirun www.powerupfighters.org Joined: Posts: 2,062
    Very cool, Billy. That's pretty much how I thought you held it, and it actually looks pretty comfortable! Perhaps one day I too can learn the aristocratic style of play . . .
    Very cool, Billy. That's pretty much how I thought you held it, and it actually looks pretty comfortable! Perhaps one day I too can learn the aristocratic style of play . . .

haha thanks man! yeah i'm not really trying to be number one tournament champion fighter style. i just like to goof off and be silly so this really seems to add some "class" to my game nights :)
    Lol!!! All classy and such but then you got those multi-coloered laces and throw it all off!!!!
    But still dude.. classy as hell.. classy!
    "The Billy." Brand new style of playing!

my friends actually call me "Master Luke" strange but true
    billytwix is my old skool email and sn on aim and everything from 15+ years ago - its a fun alias but in person its definitely either LUKE WESTBROOK or MASTER LUKE haha - it makes alot more sense in person.
    Billy, you are a badass. You're comfortable playing like that?

extremely comfortable actually - i used to be a psychological therapist. so sitting like this is natural in a tense situation. funny how having people in family therapy curse each other out and yell while i have to sit there and remain composed leads to a game play style.
    may+be+cool.JPG

niiiiiiice, one's plenty for me.

i hate my neck getting cold so its like the summer version of a scarf.
    haha
  • bigsexyc420bigsexyc420 Keystone II Joined: Posts: 446
    nothing really new externally.

Just added an imp switch to make it dual modded for 360 and ps3.

(best of both worlds :smile:)

DSC01150.jpg
    "Contra on the DS makes me want to punch myself in the balls"
    -Monte
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LOL. I had the :wtf: look on my face when I saw the pirate stick for like 10 seconds.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,644
    These sticks are pending an artwork change, but I'm happy with how they look so far.

SE Fightstick mods for the 360. Sorry for the camera phone pics. Once I get the finished products done, I'll borrow one of my friend's high quality digital camera to get good pictures.

Both use Seimitsu LS-32's. One one the right in the main pic. is the oldest one, has a blue bubbletop, and 6 blue PS-14-KNs, and 2 clear PS-14-KNs. It's also modded (you can't see it, but I'll snap pictures of the full mod later) with a MC Cthulhu, and has a Neutrik RJ-45 adapter that handles all the consoles, as well as a DPDT Switch. The one on the left has a pink Sanwa meshball, 6 PS-14-P pink buttons (the pearl variety), and 2 blue PS-14-P buttons. It will also be modded in the same manner in the near future.

313kv28.jpg

2zecshy.jpg

2vw5u8o.jpg
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,644
    LOL. I had the :wtf: look on my face when I saw the pirate stick for like 10 seconds.

I thought I was hallucinating. That's one of the most interesting mods I've seen. If this was a complete custom, it would rank up there too. I would've never thought to do that at all, so seeing that was just one of those "WTF am I seeing?" moments.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    photo.jpg
  • KreeeeeKreeeee XBox 3-Sticksty! Joined: Posts: 457
    Who cares...those side buttons are very unique. I don't think I've seen anyone else throw graphics under the side buttons before...but I'm sure we will soon. I'm definitely thinking about the extra real estate there now!

Someone did it in the old show your stick thread.
    Custom Sticks and Stick Modding guides: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17994446
  • OpendrawerOpendrawer Joined: Posts: 10
    Just got my new arrow dustwasher in from Arthong and switched from Seimitsu back to Sanwa buttons with a new color scheme!

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg
    Just got my new arrow dustwasher in from Arthong and switched from Seimitsu back to Sanwa buttons with a new color scheme!

x

x

arthong is the man

where is FIRE mario?!
  • krnzzang9krnzzang9 Q( ^ ^ Q) Joined: Posts: 35
    Really nice artwork bigsexyc420. =]
  • bigsexyc420bigsexyc420 Keystone II Joined: Posts: 446
    Really nice artwork bigsexyc420. =]

TY, shopped it myself.
    "Contra on the DS makes me want to punch myself in the balls"
    -Monte
    absolutly amazing sticks you guys. i'm still in the process of making my first stick. im stationed over seas so it takes quite a bit of time to get parts.
    So here's my TE stick (I know, nothing special! :-P)

I did the artwork template myself (images from various sources) since I didn't want to use other templates so it's more personal I guess.

- Full Plexi from Art
    - Seimitsu PS-14-KNs
    - Sanwa Black mesh ball
    - Clear plexi dust cover from Art

angleshotsahykoh.jpg

wholeshotsahykoh.jpg

frontsahykoh.jpg
    hi, here is my new ps3 arcade stick

s1030025.jpg

s1030002.jpg

s1030023.jpg

will be dual modded soon
    finally finished! my brother mextil did most of the dirty work, from construction to wiring it up.
    all i did was the art work :)

will try to get better pics later, these are from a crap iPhone.
    arcadeStick_01.jpg
    arcadeStick_02.jpg
    arcadeStick_03.jpg
    arcadeStick_04.jpg
    arcadeStick_05.jpg

here was my mock up for comparison:
    arcade_phestik_mock.jpg
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907

I did the artwork template myself (images from various sources) since I didn't want to use other templates so it's more personal I guess.

- Full Plexi from Art
    - Seimitsu PS-14-KNs
    - Sanwa Black mesh ball
    So simple. So elegant. So evil.
    :badboy:
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
    So simple. So elegant. So evil.
    :badboy:

haha, exactly! thanks man :cool:
  • PrincePrince Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 215

Looks great bro, full plexi Dictator art is super fresh.
    Horizontalballlife
  • Aaron WhismanAaron Whisman Combo Breaker Joined: Posts: 10
    Yes, that Dictator stick looks cleeeean.
    KOF 02 : Kula, Chin
    SFIV : C. Viperrr
  • OsirunOsirun www.powerupfighters.org Joined: Posts: 2,062
    @ Missing Person

Those pink pearls are nice! I think you've made me decide to use them in the next stick I mod.
  • Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    That stick is very clean and nice Sahykoh.
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
  • spiritdragon101spiritdragon101 Joined: Posts: 43
    likin that Itachi stick, bigsexyc420
    Yes06kin's Blog of Gaming and Randomness - yes06kin.wordpress.com
    Watch some of my SFIV matches youtube.com/yes06kinTrue
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Figured I'd post it in this thread as well.

0731091739.jpg

0731091739a.jpg

I still have to put in my Cthulu. Its a little hard to see the BB logo in the background unless there is good lighting but its still sexy as hell.
    @ Missing Person

Those pink pearls are nice! I think you've made me decide to use them in the next stick I mod.

Thanks! I am really impressed with them too. I mainly got them because they're going to match my artwork, but they look even better than the pictures on Aki shows them to be. The blues are also really nice; I think the pearls are must buy!
    Figured I'd post it in this thread as well.

x
    x

I still have to put in my Cthulu. Its a little hard to see the BB logo in the background unless there is good lighting but its still sexy as hell.

love that artwork ...
  • lackerlacker Joined: Posts: 183

That is a great use of button colors. Did you try your blue buttons with white also?

- Full Plexi from Art
    - Seimitsu PS-14-KNs
    - Sanwa Black mesh ball

That is a beautiful TE mod. The 6 button layout is so clean. If I owned a TE I would be in touch with Art.
    finally finished! my brother mextil did most of the dirty work, from construction to wiring it up.
    all i did was the art work :)
    Very clean artwork.
    This page is inspirational.