Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• UpasUpas MD's Stick Guy Joined: Posts: 824
    i really wanted to take my stick beyond the green flash with this.

i'm going to list everything thats been done
    enjoy!

SFIV TE Fightstick
    Sanwa/Seimitsu alternate color buttons
    Octo-gate
    MC Cthulhu & imp combo
    Rj45 jack for multi console action

Inspired carry handle from the Wizard film "Wizard Handle"
    Buttons up/Joystick and turbo down orientation
    Facilitates "aristocratic play style"
    Re-oriented xbox button to match vertical view
    Custom button layout & design of main plate
    Custom clear acrylic faceplate with my pirate babe graphic underlay
    Black bezel
    Thumb screws for minimum tools or no tools maintenance
    POTC "Aztec Gold of Cortez" dust washer
    Gold anodized aluminum shaft sleeve

Optional ball tops including:
    *"Ships Helm" guide post for seriously quick and tense maneuvers
    *"Caddy Shack" grip
    Golf ball provides texture, larger size, and extra throw weight
    *Green ball top

"The garage" - by screwing the spare stick tops to the large foot screws on the bottom steel plate and modifying the lower plastic body with some holes i can carry spare joystick tops in fight stick and swap out as desired

I love the custom balltop and washer. And the play pics were funny :P
    Ask me about my Stick Modding... if I'm not super busy!
    SF4 - Cammy
    T6 - Lili
  • OsirunOsirun www.powerupfighters.org Joined: Posts: 2,062
    Thanks! I am really impressed with them too. I mainly got them because they're going to match my artwork, but they look even better than the pictures on Aki shows them to be. The blues are also really nice; I think the pearls are must buy!

I agree. I used blue and yellow pearls in my Laughing Man stick on page 1.
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Figured I'd post it in this thread as well.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/866/0731091739.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3589/0731091739a.jpg

I still have to put in my Cthulu. Its a little hard to see the BB logo in the background unless there is good lighting but its still sexy as hell.

:wow:

I wish THIS were the BlazBlue cabinet control panel art instead of the boring red Vewlix art. Absolutely superb NeoBlood! The only thing that can make your stick better is for you to start using a Seimitsu stick. But that's a grievance for another time. :lol:
  • zeeteszeetes I <3 Namco Joined: Posts: 1,060
    just finished my sfiv ce with seimitsu parts-

seim_ce.jpg

SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT WAS SPENT DOING THIS MOD. sigh i'm pretty bored.
    - ls 56, seimitsu buttons/plugs/balltop

here is his brother mr. sanwa:

san_ce.jpg

yes, another excruciatingly difficult mod.
    - jlf, sanwa buttons/plugs/balltop

their forces combined!!

ce_twins.jpg

don't think i ever posted these so here are some mo' realz modz:

chunli.jpg
    rose.jpg

both are jlf/sanwa - chunli is cherry switches w/ls32 spring. it's weird. both cases were made out of boredom, much like this post.

one big happy family!

collection.jpg

that's the majority of my sticks
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,321 mod
    4 fucking namco sticks?!!?! I want one. :(
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
    sadly a deal just fell through on trying to acquire a 5th namco =\ i've been looking for another to use with project boxes since i can't bring myself to disturb the delicate nature of the ones i already own.
  • Sugar_KaneSugar_Kane Joined: Posts: 497
    I think I'm finally happy with my stick now, I guess you never stop tweaking though. It's not up to the pro standard set by a few of you guys, but when you craft something with your own two hands you really appreciate it when it's done.

3778806204_ba1fbc4999.jpg

3778004989_315eccda4a.jpg

Not the tidiest wiring... cut the usb socket hole before thinking about button position too!

3778811608_d2694df5d4.jpg
  • Dark VincentDark Vincent Joined: Posts: 258
    Damn NeoBlood, that Type A mod is looking great!!
    CFN: DVincent
    PSN: Dark_Vincent
    Games: Street Fighter V (Vega)
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Looks great bro, full plexi Dictator art is super fresh.
    Yes, that Dictator stick looks cleeeean.
    That stick is very clean and nice Sahykoh.
    That is a beautiful TE mod. The 6 button layout is so clean. If I owned a TE I would be in touch with Art.

wow, thanks for the props :tup:
  • HejdlondHejdlond Tasty lime Joined: Posts: 61
    Another simple and clean Namco mod; PS360 with a 360 headset jack on the right side. It has a Sanwa JLF using the shaft from the original Namco joystick to get it at the right height and Seimitsu K buttons with Sanwa SW-68 switches.

t_JphchnAMb.gif t_WNxGeeaMU.gif t_JcjfkpfYy.gif t_SzgATlxWB.gif

t_ZLhwLrGAW.gif
    http://www.bitterharmony.com - Bitter Harmony - Your #1 Swedish Fighting Source

"oh yeah! Hejdlond is god hacking PS3!" - opips2
  • SteveTrenSteveTren RYU Ph.D Joined: Posts: 999
    New Walnut Maple combo I just finished. Its up for sale to anyone in the trading outlet!

DSC01476.jpg
    DSC01475.jpg
    DSC01477.jpg
    DSC01478.jpg
    GGPO: stevetren
    I think I'm finally happy with my stick now, I guess you never stop tweaking though. It's not up to the pro standard set by a few of you guys, but when you craft something with your own two hands you really appreciate it when it's done.
    That is a really nice looking stick!! :D
    my sticks:

recent 1st custom stick:
    p0208091625.jpg w1600.png

p0208091626.jpg w1600.png

my shit stick lol:
    p0607092030.jpg w1280.png

my free TE stick :P :
    p3007090853.th.jpg

all of my sticks:
    p020809162301.th.jpg

thats all i got so far.
    That is a very "incredible" mod. (HAR HAR HAR, LOUSY ASS PUNS.)
    I really like it alot! Reps.
  • PillarOfHeavenPillarOfHeaven Shoshin Joined: Posts: 278
    chondahori.jpg
    cchunli.jpg
    chunlic.jpg
  • SteveTrenSteveTren RYU Ph.D Joined: Posts: 999
    Just Finished up a Cherry stick. It turned out great. I'm letting this one go for a super deal in the trading outlet.

dsc01481z.jpg
    dsc01480cwk.jpg
    dsc01482j.jpg
    dsc01479hoh.jpg
    GGPO: stevetren
  • fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    cut

are those Sitong sticks? did u become their US vendors? woah thats good
    i dunno if it s true or not but your stick (those in your website too) are extremely similar to theirs :D
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
  • VikingLongwoodVikingLongwood OOOH YEAH!!! Joined: Posts: 569
    Well, I was bored this morning, so I took a group shot of my modest collection. Everything in the first pic is Sanwa, except for the black start and select buttons on the HRAP2 and T5, and the HRAP EX is all Seimitsu, LS-32 stick and snap-in buttons. Namco and VSHG are PS3, Namco has a Cthulhu, HRAP2 and T5 are PS2, T5 has a DS1 PCB,,and HRAP EX and SFIV TE are 360. TE will be dual modded soon for 360 and PS3. T5 is a WIP still, soon to be adorned with some plexi, or maybe just the top painted black, dunno yet. Might throw plexi on the TE and HRAPs too.

Second pic is a Happ modded SFAC stick, and my old wooden Happ beast that needs to be routered and refinished sometime. I built it with limited tools, so it's ghetto, but it works.

StickCollection2.jpg?t=1249219239

ShitHAPPens2.jpg?t=1249229993
    arcadeStick_08.jpg
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907
    Lemme take that VSHG off you're hands
    Well, I was bored this morning, so I took a ....VSHG are PS3, Namco has a Cthulhu,...refinished sometime. I built it with limited tools, so it's ghetto, but it works.

Nice collection. It mirrors mine with the exception that I've no wooden sticks or EX HRAP.
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
  • apex27apex27 leveling up Joined: Posts: 348
    my recently finished custom Happ stick.

3/4" MDF, flush mount lexan, happ horizontal cherry switch concave buttons and a competition stick. Button layout is cluster365 from slagcoin, with the 7+8 buttons in the upper optional spot, similar to Vewlix, but enough space for the button nuts and non-offset. Art is modified version of http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6590919&postcount=2833 credit to Megaprime for the original. I made the red to orange gradient in the sun to match my already orange punch buttons. other various minor tweaks.

happstick1.sized.jpg
    Neal (old school arcade rat)
    SSF4: Can't decide
    HDR: Deejay, Dictator
    A2: Rose, Chun
  • Illustrator76Illustrator76 I Draw Nice Pictures Joined: Posts: 656
    That is one awesome looking stick, the dovetails really set your cases off man!
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146

That came out awesome phestik! Really love that early 90's retro look :tup:
  • haha im a pandahaha im a panda It's a codename. Joined: Posts: 282
    Finally got around to finishing my 2 player setup. No parts yet, but at least the case is done.

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0028.jpg
    "Stole signs for make benefit glorious custom arcade stick"
    Finally got around to finishing my 2 player setup. No parts yet, but at least the case is done.
    it came out really good. nice work!
  • OrecetsOrecets Joined: Posts: 43
    Nice symmetry.
  • FallbackFallback joystickvault.com Joined: Posts: 266
    tounament-edition-top.jpg

Wireless dual system stick with sixaxis PCB and common ground Xbox 360 pcb switched using a DB-25 switch mounted in back cable port for system select.

Finally got the art switched out. I did the actual mod (adding the PCB's and switch) like 4 months ago but have been using button plugs over the outer two buttons with the original art. Eight buttons on a stick never feels right to me.

tounament-edition-top-front.jpg

I went for a "button key" on the bottom left of the art instead of listing what button is what by each button since it always seemed to mess with the cleanness of the design. This stick is for ps3 and 360 so its good to have a quick reference of what button does what for each system. Don't think I have seen anyone do it this way. Design by me. Art cut and plexi by Arthong.

tounament-edition-front.jpg

tounament-edition-ports.jpg

The system select dial / switch on the left. Dual USB Ports mounted inside the TE's USB cable holder on the right side. The black port is for the Playstation 3, the Silver port is for the xbox 360 connected to the pcb via play and charge kit.
    hadojo.com | joystickvault.com
  • michalcoughlinmichalcoughlin Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 149
    Why are people still using the 6 button design ?
    Criminal Upper
  • Illustrator76Illustrator76 I Draw Nice Pictures Joined: Posts: 656
    Why not?
    I prefer 8 buttons ( 3 punch and 3 kick)
  • michalcoughlinmichalcoughlin Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 149
    because 6 button is old school ;)
    Criminal Upper
  • DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,625
    I prefer 8 buttons ( 3 punch and 3 kick)

using those buttons make you a worse player..
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
  • wahfuewahfue Joined: Posts: 34

Nice, that 2 player stick is coming out real good, is it going on a cabinet?
    i can't stand 8 button layouts.
    7 button layouts for Neo Geo games. :tup:
  • LuckyDayLuckyDay Joined: Posts: 2,870
    7 button layouts for Neo Geo games. :tup:

That's 3 too many buttons :tup:
    Evil will always triumph... Because good is dumb....

"I can do the corner infinite on cyclops like 25% of the time" - Governor
    That's 3 too many buttons :tup:

Haha, touch. Of course, ignore the second row for them.
  • Chrisz0rChrisz0r Team NAH Joined: Posts: 483

Because a lot of people have no need for the 3P and 3K buttons or prefer a true sf arcade layout, 6 buttons.
    NAH
  • ウメshoryuウメshoryu ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Joined: Posts: 371
    Arcades don't have 8 buttons, gotta get the real arcade experience!
    ウメ = Ume
  • pimpbot9000pimpbot9000 apple wins Joined: Posts: 617
    updated my dual modded TE with a new batch of seimitsu ps-14kns and an lb-39 bubbletop.

apologies for crappy phone camera pic

5569_132949881564_581186564_3229988_5973104_n.jpg
    For everyone that says that you cant win in SF4/SSF4 with one character...learn your match ups, practice that execution, stop blaming the game because you dont have the skill to do it -FlashM
  • LeSageLeSage Knowledge Is Power Joined: Posts: 171
    http://joystickvault.com/data/869/medium/tounament-edition-top.jpg

I went for a "button key" on the bottom left of the art instead of listing what button is what by each button since it always seemed to mess with the cleanness of the design. This stick is for ps3 and 360 so its good to have a quick reference of what button does what for each system. Don't think I have seen anyone do it this way. Design by me. Art cut and plexi by Arthong.

Nice, like the button key idea too.
    Agree with the six button layout...fighters aren't meant to be played seriously with macros...
    especially at a competitive level...theres a reason it takes 3 buttons to do an ultra...theres
    a reason why some moves are more difficult to pull off than others...
  • LuppyLuptoniumLuppyLuptonium Entertainer Supreme. Joined: Posts: 235
    I like 8 button layouts because they give me flexability. I play street fighter and most 6 button games with a typical 6 button layout. but I like using just the top or bottom row for Blaz Blue or an old SNK fighter. I don't want to comment further because it's off topic. and that two player layout up there is awesome and original.... Way to rebel against a streaight arcade copy layout, while still giving the feel of one.
    I wish I had a pencil thin mustache...
  • raeliraeli Showtime! Joined: Posts: 3,905
    Only.. that's not how the layout is in any arcade game, it's never been 4 straight.

You're just mashing 3p/3k, don't lie.
    themightyraeli
    I'm free.
  • jamesmilksjamesmilks Joined: Posts: 124
    that dual stick is the sickness. i want something like that as well. no artwork even needed!
    Psn - Milksinyomouth
  • NeoChaosXNeoChaosX loves violin music Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The seventh and eight buttons are at times needed for the console ports, though. I know in BlazBlue, if you want to look beyond the first pages of results for a Quick Match online, you have to use LT and RT (which aren't on my stick). And anybody who didn't wire the bumpers in a 360 stick is boned trying to navigate KOFXII's menus.

I really like how the VSHG did it - six main buttons, and the remaining buttons as small and out-of-the-way yet still accessible.
    Fear The Fin

Steam/CFN: NeoChaos | PSN: NeoChaosX
    Project Justice: Yurika/Chairperson/Kurow | SFV: Karin | DOA5LR: Helena
  • comoesacomoesa not too bad.. Joined: Posts: 1,163
    I just spent a good minute examining the pirate stick show.
    FOREVER NEVERMORE
  • bonjbonj You may call me G. Joined: Posts: 51

x

x

x

Are those parts vacuformed?
    Octogenarian who fights stringently with ingenuity. Generally unsuited to the fighting genre after generous nerfs in the 2nd-gen SFIV. Has stamina of the gentler gender. Can't generate genuine wins.

Wireless dual system stick with sixaxis PCB and common ground Xbox 360 pcb switched using a DB-25 switch mounted in back cable port for system select.

Finally got the art switched out. I did the actual mod (adding the PCB's and switch) like 4 months ago but have been using button plugs over the outer two buttons with the original art. Eight buttons on a stick never feels right to me.

The system select dial / switch on the left. Dual USB Ports mounted inside the TE's USB cable holder on the right side. The black port is for the Playstation 3, the Silver port is for the xbox 360 connected to the pcb via play and charge kit.

Nice stick Fallback, We gotta talk sticks. :D
    Only.. that's not how the layout is in any arcade game, it's never been 4 straight.

You're just mashing 3p/3k, don't lie.
    Raeli's right. Try going to a real sfiv arcade and see if they have the 3p and 3k buttons and use those.. :lame:
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    ...I know in BlazBlue, if you want to look beyond the first pages of results for a Quick Match online, you have to use LT and RT (which aren't on my stick)....

Yeah, I noticed this too. You need those in SFIV to go through the different icons/titles. I don't know if there's any other way to scroll through them but I couldn't find one last time I tried.

It sucks, but I gotta go with Raeli and some of the others here- 8 button layout is not how it is in the arcade, and by extension not how the games were originally designed to be played. Obsiously it's not like it doesn't work, but I just like it as true to the arcade experience as possible. Acceptable maybe if you're forced to play on pad, but on an arcade stick I think using button macros is just lame...
    Yes. 8 buttons is definitely acceptable on a Sixaxis Controller or 360 Controller. It's extremely difficult getting the timing right on an ultra when the buttons are positioned in different areas within the controller.