Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• jpenguin77jpenguin77 I just keep gettin back up Joined: Posts: 214 ✭✭
    @BartStation I pulled the stock bezel off my SCV today but 14.99 plus shipping is too much for a piece of plastic right now. Seeing yours almost motivates me...
    Avian Smackdown
    ·
  • syn13syn13 SynWerks...no relation to SYN|MC Honzo Gonzo Joined: Posts: 1,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    I got my Mad Catz TE-S Triple Threat: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/syn13/20130427_032157.jpg[/img] The side panels are technically smoke TE-S side panels(I just got them today but on the stick currently are black TE-S), tried to make it match the Chun-Li TE-S but with a special feature, silent HBFS-30 buttons and will be grabbing an optical PCB for it. Also, 6 button layout is boss.
    Post edited by syn13 on
    ·
  • blackraenblackraen Joined: Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    Dat yoko stick makes me drool every time I see it. That vinyl wrap is awesome syn.

·
  • mdsfxmdsfx Joined: Posts: 1,721 ✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Been frequenting arcades in Chicago lately and got an itch for some American style sticks after playing hours of head-to-head MK2 and SF2 Champion Ed.

MK Stick (360) - This was just a part swap. IL joystick and competition buttons.

SFA Stick (360) - Brought this sucker back from the dead (it was literally in pieces) with some hardware and wood glue, a TE PCB, IL joystick, competition buttons, and I replaced the front xbox port with a plastic plate to support the headset jack coming from the PCB. Start, Back, and Guide have been relocated to the right side of the stick while the original start/select buttons on the top panel have been plugged along with buttons 7 & 8. The art and top panel are still in very excellent condition, although the photo makes the art look washed out.

photo.jpg
    Post edited by mdsfx on
    OBEY THE JAM
    ·
  • kev_the_bevkev_the_bev triumph. Joined: Posts: 396
    man, I need to make my stick sexier.
    ·
  • AOS-AOS- C Joined: Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    That comb compartment is an outstanding idea, B15. :tup:
    Post edited by AOS- on
    PSN/Steam: AOS- [Gouken (1000BP)]

·
  • aggro cragaggro crag Joined: Posts: 199
    edited April 2013
    SWLZiHK.jpg
    Just picked this up at NCR from the Eightarc booth. Might end up being my new tournament stick. I replaced the stock Qanba parts for Sanwa. Though, the stock parts are quite good, feel very close to Seimitsu. The switch itself actually looks very similar to the Seimitsu PS-14-D. I also dual modded it with a Paewang PCB. I had to break out my dremel to clear some space out, but very little for the Paewang. I did notice that the guys at the Marvelous Customs booth had to do a little more work for one of their customers.
    Post edited by aggro crag on
    ·
  • PapinguimPapinguim Joined: Posts: 308
    I have a quick question for my stick (I'll post it soon. B&W Mirage TMNT themed Brawlstick). 1, can I remove the sticker thing with the MadCatz and WWE junk? I see some people left it on their sticks. Two, I want to put felt on the bottom. What kind should I use and should I poke holes in it for the screws or put it over the screws?
    ·
  • archalienarchalien NorCal Scrub Joined: Posts: 136
    @FH wow amazing job!!!
    Maybe the coolest Ive seen u post here.
    I dont know if its by design, aa coincidental optical illusion, photo angle or whatever, but that front on pic makes the stick look about 1/2 height of customs you n b15 make. The other pics seem to show its thinner than a usual one but not quite as thin as that front on pic seems to give the impression of. Me Like!!!!
    ·
  • PapinguimPapinguim Joined: Posts: 308
    I may get one in the future if it had a Wii DPad.
    ·
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can make it with any dpad you like. Only reason your seeing them in PS dpads is because customer wanted it.
    ·
  • aggro cragaggro crag Joined: Posts: 199
    Is there a chance you could build a controller using the Madcatz MLG Pro Controler D-pads. My biggest concern about pads in general is that if one thing goes out, you basically have to scrap the whole thing. I think it would be super cool if the D-pad was also modular.
    ·
    aggro crag wrote: »
    Is there a chance you could build a controller using the Madcatz MLG Pro Controler D-pads. My biggest concern about pads in general is that if one thing goes out, you basically have to scrap the whole thing. I think it would be super cool if the D-pad was also modular.

Well, the design I made does have a modular D-Pad system. I have used the official d-pad and the cross type clamp which sits behind it. Ontop of this is a Sanwa spring (cut down) and finally the custom sanwa microswitch mounting plate. Every single one of these parts are easily accessible and can be replaced in a couple of minutes.
    ·
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    sam... Battle Jitni niis a gay!! Aka he's one of my good friends and I'm glad he got 2 of them from you
    ·
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Close up shots of the custom D pad stuff?

I kind of want one of those just because they're so sick.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    ·
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 862 ✭✭
    would love to see a pic of those dpad controls with someone holding it. Don't get how you'd hold it. At an angle?
    ·
  • PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    Very clean and elegantly simple, hibachifinal... I like it!!!
    ·
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 I just keep gettin back up Joined: Posts: 214 ✭✭
    I love that etching!!! Awesome Job!
    Avian Smackdown
    ·
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 988 ✭✭✭
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1908672/candy/ddpblklabelstick.jpg
    etched plexi black. care of tek-innovations, impressive results!
    full seimitsu parts. ls-58-01 with ls-56 spring, with a hybrid of PS-14-KN and PS-14-GNC buttons.

Dodonpachi themed, Black Label, refers to the Dodonpachi games. "BL's" are basically "Super" versions,they are remixes/rebalancing of some Dodonpachi/Cave games.. I used Noir layout because its my favorite. Also Black. again, to black label. It's has button labels for the game's 3-4 main buttons. both in japanese and english. more pics

Did you get that etched on the top? Normally Art etches on the back side of the translucent plastic, obviously you cant do that with black. My question is did you just get it etched on the front and then you touch it? Is it rought? Or did you put a clear plexi over the black etched plexi? Looks very snice!

·
  • alainveyalainvey Joined: Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    Just scored a Hori FS V3 with Sanwa OBSF-30s for £22. No picture, but needed to boast.

You can imagine it, though. Just add black buttons and balltop, and some scratches to the top panel and you're there.

I will post some pics when I've added some carbon fibre wrap.
    ·
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Amazing Black Label stick!
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    ·
  • guldbergetguldberget Joined: Posts: 19
    Agree. Love the DDP stick. How does the ls-58 w/ ls-56 spring feel (I'm curious to try it) and are you using an octo or a square gate?
    ·
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal Little Princess Joined: Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guldberget wrote: »
    Agree. Love the DDP stick. How does the ls-58 w/ ls-56 spring feel (I'm curious to try it) and are you using an octo or a square gate?
    uhm, lol it feels practically similar to the ls-56 (quite tight, snappy), only used 58 because i have a lot of them around. im using a square gate, never got used to octos :S
    sethian0 wrote: »
    Did you get that etched on the top? Normally Art etches on the back side of the translucent plastic, obviously you cant do that with black. My question is did you just get it etched on the front and then you touch it? Is it rought? Or did you put a clear plexi over the black etched plexi? Looks very snice!

it's etched on top, so its very tactile, doesn't bother me much though since my hands are "resting" most of the time when playing shmups (wine-cup joystick hold + 4 main fingers on top of 4 buttons). I have the slimmer 1/32 arcylic clear overlay also from tek-innovations, but haven't tried sandwiching it together.
    HIBACHIFINAL'S INFAMOUS ARCADE STICK TIER LIST ~ SEIMITSU RADICAL やっぱり四角ガイドは、素晴らしい。 Once you go (OBSF-30)RG, Everything else is shit.
    ·
  • Dr. ProfessorDr. Professor mashmashmashmashmash Joined: Posts: 48
    full seimitsu parts. ls-58-01 with ls-56 spring, with a hybrid of PS-14-KN and PS-14-GNC buttons.

Dodonpachi themed, Black Label, refers to the Dodonpachi games. "BL's" are basically "Super" versions,they are remixes/rebalancing of some Dodonpachi/Cave games.. I used Noir layout because its my favorite. Also Black. again, to black label. It's has button labels for the game's 3-4 main buttons. both in japanese and english. more pics

There it is! I knew you had something in the works. Looks beautiful!
    ·
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,132 mod

God damn this is amazing.
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
    ·
  • anzharanzhar Joined: Posts: 502
    alainvey wrote: »
    Just scored a Hori FS V3 with Sanwa OBSF-30s for £22. No picture, but needed to boast.

You can imagine it, though. Just add black buttons and balltop, and some scratches to the top panel and you're there.

i was going to bid on that but then i though i havent got the skills to install a jlf and im not sure if it mounts at correct height

$%28KGrHqNHJF!FFwcJd6+%28BRe%282WS1uw~~60_12.JPG
    ·
  • OgprestarOgprestar Joined: Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    H
    Post edited by Ogprestar on
    ·
  • leodsxlleodsxl Joined: Posts: 42
    I guess it would partially defeat the whole purpose, but I would like to see one of those in "normal" size. With all the quality of this one but not so huge. I just need so much hand space on the stick, and this beast wouldn't fit under my computer desk nor between the arms of my computer chair. If I only had more space and money...

Congrats anyway. It's certainly one of the nicest factory sticks ever made.
    ·
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭
    leodsxl wrote: »
    I guess it would partially defeat the whole purpose, but I would like to see one of those in "normal" size. With all the quality of this one but not so huge. I just need so much hand space on the stick, and this beast wouldn't fit under my computer desk nor between the arms of my computer chair. If I only had more space and money...

Congrats anyway. It's certainly one of the nicest factory sticks ever made.

I would also like to see a Normal sized VLX. The closest thing would be the Razer stick, but it appears to be stuck in development, so I don't think we'll see it this gen.

As for space? Yeah, playing with it is interesting. I can put it on my desk for use with my PC, and when I play out in my living room, I use one of those small folding tables to keep it on. It isn't very sturdy though... so I'm looking for something more permanent. The KLX stand that Kray makes is nice, but it's expensive, so I'll probably make a stand of my own.
    ·
  • leodsxlleodsxl Joined: Posts: 42
    Look for keyboard stands. They tend to be very stable and you can adjust height and all. And the VLX stick is so huge it will probably fit on some... Used you can probably get one dirt cheap too.
    ·
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭
    You know that you are allowed to put other things besides coffee on coffee tables, right?
    ·
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chad wrote: »
    You know that you are allowed to put other things besides coffee on coffee tables, right?
    Bite your tongue right now, thats Blaspheme.

Coffee Tables are for Coffee, Tea, cake, D&D and the occasional game of Apples to Apples or Flux.
    Having a Arcade stick on your Coffee Table what an outrageous Idea. That is like saying you could modify a stick to play on both Sony and Microsoft game consoles.

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    ·
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭
    Chad wrote: »
    I lack a desk height coffee table, so I require a stand so I can use a chair.

·
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 677
    edited May 2013
    b15sdm wrote: »
    Here are a couple of revised models of the hybrid controllers that use a PS2 D-pad and this time 8 x 30mm buttons.
    I made the shape a more ergonomic and sleeker. The unique aspect on this one is that the D

How the hell do you use that comfortably? If you are holding it with your left hand gripped around to use the dpad properly you are putting a lot of stress on your left hand by pressing down on the buttons. And if you have it laid down in your lap how can you wrap your hand around it to use the dpad properly?

I'm so confused :/
    Post edited by zeththedarkmage on
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
    ·
    You hold the left side as you would a normal pad and the right side would rest on top of your right thigh to stabilise it.
    ·
  • bukkakebabybukkakebaby Joined: Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    So this is my Dmitrys/Poison tribute that im working on my stick. Would love some feedback! I put a black template frame to show what it'd be like.

Also, could I get some advice? Its my first time printing artwork and im doing this on my Qanba Q4 Ice Red.

xvLwj5X.jpg

BTW I use this stick for more than just 6 button games soooo... dont frown on my choice of 8 buttons >.>
    Post edited by bukkakebaby on
    ·
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    So this is my Dmitrys/Poison tribute that im working on my stick. Would love some feedback! I put a black template frame to show what it'd be like.

Also, could I get some advice? Its my first time printing artwork and im doing this on my Qanba Q4 Ice Red.

http://i.imgur.com/xvLwj5X.jpg

BTW I use this stick for more than just 6 button games soooo... dont frown on my choice of 8 buttons >.>

Probably would get better feedback here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137307/the-new-official-arcade-stick-art-thread-no-image-quoting
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492

looks good, by the way, your name reminds me of this comic strip, took a while to find :) http://sexylosers.com/201.html <--NSFW

·
    anzhar wrote: »

i was going to bid on that but then i though i havent got the skills to install a jlf and im not sure if it mounts at correct height

Thanks for not bidding! JLF mounts perfectly at the correct height if you install it the "good" way. Remove the mounting plate, trim down four small posts on the black plastic mount, and screw it into the same holes used by the stock stick.

In other words, follow Laugh's mayflash/paewang tutorial. This works for most sticks mounted in this way, and I'm surprised that so many people do things like drill through the top panel or through the gate assembly when this simple mod can be done.
    ·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    JLF mounts perfectly at the correct height if you install it the "good" way. Remove the mounting plate, trim down four small posts on the black plastic mount, and screw it into the same holes used by the stock stick.

The FS V3/VX series are already prepped to install a JLF. Keep the mounting plate on and screw it down to the plastic mounts already there. It's far from perfect though, they should have just followed MadCatz's example.

In short, Laugh's guide isn't needed for this stick shell.
    Post edited by gahrling on
    ·
    gahrling wrote: »
    JLF mounts perfectly at the correct height if you install it the "good" way. Remove the mounting plate, trim down four small posts on the black plastic mount, and screw it into the same holes used by the stock stick.

The FS V3/VX series are already prepped to install a JLF. Keep the mounting plate on and screw it down to the plastic mounts already there. It's far from perfect though, they should have just followed MadCatz's example.

In short, Laugh's guide isn't needed for this stick shell.

My point was that installing it with the plate in the way you suggest results in it being too low, while the mayflash method gives the perfect height.

But yeah, they should just use an HRAP2 style bracket in all their sticks. I'd be surprised if their next round of FS sticks doesn't.

Speaking of which, I'm also getting an Ultra Ulia case next week, I'll post that here too once I've printed some Astro Art for it.
    ·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain that mounting it with the JLF plate leaves it at the correct height. Might be wrong, but the one stick I've modded came out with the same shaft measurement as a TE I had laying around.
    ·
    gahrling wrote: »
    I'm almost certain that mounting it with the JLF plate leaves it at the correct height. Might be wrong, but the one stick I've modded came out with the same shaft measurement as a TE I had laying around.

The thread on the V3/VX sticks makes for confusing reading, but that's what I got from it. I'll try both methods and see what works. Won't get another JLF till next month anyway, but will let you know how it goes.
    ·