Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• xtruesephirothxxtruesephirothx Joined: Posts: 9
    sorry to bother yo artists but do you guys know a website where they print out fight stick art? i've actually visited tek innovations but for some odd reason i don;t trust that site seems to be dead (i could be wrong) a could also go to staple and kinkos but i have a few bucks on my debit card so i figured i'll just purchase the service online. thanks in advance!
    Will You Kindly?
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sorry to bother yo artists but do you guys know a website where they print out fight stick art? i've actually visited tek innovations but for some odd reason i don;t trust that site seems to be dead (i could be wrong) a could also go to staple and kinkos but i have a few bucks on my debit card so i figured i'll just purchase the service online. thanks in advance!

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/

Not dead. Art does great work and is well-known here and has earned a good reputation.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 660
    Very nicely done! Clean and classy...

Thanks a lot - that was my hope!
    I've always wanted to...make a stick with the artwork of something my wife is a big fan of...she wouldn't complain if I leave it just lying around.

I can recommend it. It's gone from 'Do we have to have that in here?' to 'Cute!'... :)
    Not dead. Art does great work and is well-known here and has earned a good reputation.

I can second that - the custom cutting he did for my 6-button template was perfect. Can't recommend Art enough.
    USFIV - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • ArmacDriverArmacDriver Joined: Posts: 196

Tek Innovations is a great site. I've ordered plexi and art from there numerous times and it's always top-notch work at a good price and fast shipping.
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,487

cereal-guy-newspaper-guy-tear-467x500.png
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
  • dannyny3dannyny3 Joined: Posts: 31
    This is not the thread, nor section for this.

i cant post a WTB ad in the WTB section. this is a cry for help thanks for letting me know though
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    Amazing !
    Shoegaze_redaze
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,451 mod
    i cant post a WTB ad in the WTB section. this is a cry for help thanks for letting me know though
    There are reasons for why people with accounts less than 6 months old and less than 50 posts aren't allowed to use the trading outlet. However, for simply getting a custom made, you are free to browse the many threads by known builders in that same forum.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • dannyny3dannyny3 Joined: Posts: 31
    There are reasons for why people with accounts less than 6 months old and less than 50 posts aren't allowed to use the trading outlet. However, for simply getting a custom made, you are free to browse the many threads by known builders in that same forum.

i will look into that thanks again and will try to get my 50 post asap
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    i will look into that thanks again and will try to get my 50 post asap
    And you gotta wait for like 6 months to go by.
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    These are two sticks that I finally am happy with how they look. One was plain white and the other black, (using a blazblue and MvC3 stick, along with parts from madcatz, art's hobbies, Canadian Joysticks, and focus attack). But I switched a couple parts between them and am happier now with the look. I might order a white and a black 6-button plexi, as the 1/32" seems to be warping a teeny bit.
    AB96AF76-0D9C-4D54-B72E-34D0BA9FF092-2602-0000021E47FA83D9.jpg

8E8BFA68-ED23-45CB-8ADD-E61EEE693D80-2602-0000021E4A803C60.jpg
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • GalthrojhGalthrojh Joined: Posts: 186
    Finally, after much time!

/petra arcade stick

Now all I need is a Bezel type deal for the Turbo Panel. To cover the error cut I made...
    How did you get this button layout? Is that custom or is that just the angle making the right 6 buttons seem straight on top of each other?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,475
    How did you get this button layout? Is that custom or is that just the angle making the right 6 buttons seem straight on top of each other?
    If you look at the surrounding artwork, it's pretty obvious that the buttons don't line up and that it's the standard Vewlix layout from the stock panel.
    You can get a custom panel made from some of the panel-makers here, to get what you're describing, which is what I have on my SEs:
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/tidalwav/joysticks/MadCatz-SE/joystick6_SE_B.jpg
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • ShinryuShinryu 風林火山 Joined: Posts: 72
    My Totoro stick is (all but) finished!
    Nice to see someone else take their Qanba/Eightarc down the clean simplicity route.
    真の格闘家への道は… まだ遠い!
    GGPO/XBL/PSN ID: ShinryuReishiki
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinryuReishiki
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    35423.jpg
    edited an older stick, After the white bat-top Hori EX2 i saw in the other thread, i got jelly.... so I put in a bat top, ls55 spring, modified actuator (longer engage) and circle gate, in sanwa JLF. It's my fake korean stick.

232425.jpg
    artsy shot woo.
  • OctaviousOctavious Joined: Posts: 2
    First stick, first custom job. You can probably tell, but this is an Eightarc Ivory Fusion.

lnKWf.jpg

Thoughts? Criticisms?
  • major pwnedmajor pwned Joined: Posts: 61
    First stick, first custom job. You can probably tell, but this is an Eightarc Ivory Fusion.
    to quote GLaDOS
    "This was a triumph. im making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS"
  • OctaviousOctavious Joined: Posts: 2
    to quote GLaDOS
    "This was a triumph. im making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS"
    Thanks!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,901
    affd2064-c4b8-4c76-a7e9-e2bf9761cc54.jpg
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • TstekTstek Joined: Posts: 9
    First stick, made for my brother, freshly dual modded.
    Is it just me, or is it really hard to shove that many PCBs into a FoeHammer case?

Top:
    Kelpch.jpg

Bottom without glass:yYWTPh.jpg

Bottom with glass:
    mSXZWh.jpg
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Is it just me, or is it really hard to shove that many PCBs into a FoeHammer case?

You went to all that effort and you're only using it on USB? Seems like a waste when you could have used a PS360+ instead or a Fightpad+ChImpSMD combo.

You could have also saved some space by using a Strekken Fightpad pcb instead of an older model.

Aside from that it's not bad for your first stick.
  • ComradeTaoComradeTao Rock It! Joined: Posts: 1,278
    In my experience, Foehammer cases are really tight on the inside. It's definitely rough in there, but they come out solid

Gahrling, he could easily switch his setup to RJ-45 without changing PCBs.
    With God, all things are possible.

The words "Hype", "Community", "Salty", and "Troll" have lost meaning due to overuse.
  • TstekTstek Joined: Posts: 9
    You went to all that effort and you're only using it on USB? Seems like a waste when you could have used a PS360+ instead or a Fightpad+ChImpSMD combo.

You could have also saved some space by using a Strekken Fightpad pcb instead of an older model.

Aside from that it's not bad for your first stick.
    I would have used a chimp, except it had actually been around for a while before my brother decided he wanted it dual modded, so the cthulhu was already there.
    And I was under the unfortunate impression that all brawlpads and fightpads used the same size PCB, so I just went with what was cheaper. Whish I had known about that before.
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 327
    wow those are nice sticks
  • WESTNiNE9WESTNiNE9 hijacking the planet Joined: Posts: 54
    Here's my beater.
    Been rockin this SE since launch.
    It's still holing up well.
    All Sanwa parts with silenced buttons mod.
    Artwork by me (inspired by Kineda).
    img20121128104250.jpg
    img20121128104143.jpg
    sflingonoopeningsplus.png
    security is a superstition
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    And I was under the unfortunate impression that all brawlpads and fightpads used the same size PCB, so I just went with what was cheaper. Whish I had known about that before.

The Fightpad and Brawlpad pcb's are the same size, but the Strekken ones are smaller.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I need to go home this lunch time so I can change my boxers.

why would you ever need to do anything..

pretty sure you have the "best stick builder" title on lock.

dat dorm stick :eek:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Bringing Haruhism back to life.
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    why would you ever need to do anything..

pretty sure you have the "best stick builder" title on lock.

dat dorm stick :eek:

That heart of glass stick was the sexiest stick I've seen so far. Buuuut B15 consistently puts out sexy ass products
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    Can anyone suggest where to buy a case or stick bag ? Madcatz or Hori bags wont fit mine .
    Shoegaze_redaze
  • fifty8mmfifty8mm Patines Americanos Joined: Posts: 433
    Can anyone suggest where to buy a case or stick bag ? Madcatz or Hori bags wont fit mine .
    i think that the guys at foehammer make them. you should contact them
  • NickRocksNickRocks Lil B Was Right Joined: Posts: 22,640
    ewwww so much slanted layout ewwww

cool sticks :tup:
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,667
    Here's my beater.
    Been rockin this SE since launch.
    It's still holing up well.
    All Sanwa parts with silenced buttons mod.
    Artwork by me (inspired by Kineda)
    I noticed the NI sticker. This is a bit unrelated but do you DJ?
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642
    I got this yesterday.
    DSC01173.JPG

Now I've used the US (Black) versions before and I remember then being not-very good, and having non-switched joysticks. But when I opened this up, it actually uses microswitches, Levered Omron's even. The joystick inside is a NeoGeo/Seimitsu clone, but worse, the spring almost has no use, and the gate is super small, all the tension is coming from the switches. I don't know if its just Japanese releases of this stick, but if you have one of these lying around, check 'em maybe it has these possibly cool and useful parts.
    DSC011282.jpg
  • Drop OneDrop One Accepting limited commissions Joined: Posts: 425
    this finally got done, and i think it was put on incorrectly.... since i only did the design and didn't put it together myself, this is the only image i have of it for now.

394969_2877060769408_482404673_n.jpg
    A8wxcr9CQAEkSaG.jpg:large
  • boostedskexboostedskex Joined: Posts: 21
    some of you guys are doing fantastic work!!
  • StevoKanevoStevoKanevo Joined: Posts: 69
    this finally got done, and i think it was put on incorrectly.... since i only did the design and didn't put it together myself, this is the only image i have of it for now.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you are correct in your assumption. It looks as though the image was printed off center a tiny bit to the left.

Having said that, I still think its a bad ass stick (even my coworker walked by, looked over my shoulder and said "hmm, That's pretty cool!". So all in all, good work and hopefully it won't be too troublesome to reprint your artwork.
    -StevoKanevo
    SSFIVAE: Balrog
    SFxT: Dudley / Jin
    HDR:: Bison / Balrog / Dee Jay
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • LiQuiD[EViL]LiQuiD[EViL] . Joined: Posts: 117
    All white HRAP VX-SA. PM JLF link, silent cherry switches, LS-55 spring, sanwa silent buttons.
    Before art and plexi
    IMG_00411024_.jpg

With art
    IMG_01581024_.jpg

IMG_01781024_.jpg
  • WESTNiNE9WESTNiNE9 hijacking the planet Joined: Posts: 54
    I noticed the NI sticker. This is a bit unrelated but do you DJ?
    No, I produce a bit though.
    security is a superstition