Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• m4tth3wm4tth3w Joined: Posts: 12
    ihopeidie wrote: »
    Long time no post, I rehoused the parts from one of Art's plastic Tek Cases into a much more durable metal case from allfightsticks.com/. Aaron at AFS is a super great guy and sorted out this one-of-a-kind gold enclosure for me.

Basically the top metal plate is gold leafed (real gold, woo), same with the face buttons/3 of the buttons on the from. Then I put a marble-print adhesive vinyl over the entire top part. I might redo the marble vinyl on this at some point because I had to cut it by hand and it's not perfect. The light-up USB cable is just an AmazonBasics cable that cost me 7$ (maybe less?). I'm still waiting on a gold JLF Link to show up in the mail as well.

I have a bunch of sticks that are very toned down, aesthetically, so I wanted to see how gaudy I could make a fight stick.

Nice!

I had a build I've wanted to do for a Hitbox but I haven't found any gold 24mm buttons.
  • ihopeidieihopeidie already dead Joined: Posts: 32
    m4tth3w wrote: »
    Nice!

I had a build I've wanted to do for a Hitbox but I haven't found any gold 24mm buttons.

Sanwa's white clear buttons have that white disc that goes under the plunger cap, just hit that with some glue and gold leaf it! You don't even have to seal the gold leaf because you won't be actively touching it. The leafing on those buttons is 3 years old.
    m4tth3w wrote: »
    Nice!

Sanwa's white clear buttons have that white disc that goes under the plunger cap, just hit that with some glue and gold leaf it! You don't even have to seal the gold leaf because you won't be actively touching it. The leafing on those buttons is 3 years old.

Oh that's sick, maybe on my next build I'll carry that out.
    I want to do an "authentic" Louis Vuitton.
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    @m4tth3w That is awesome. At first I thought they were just pink buttons, not realizing that was with the lights on it. Love how the breathing makes it change from pink to blue. Plus hitboxes are bae. Good shit!
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
    @zeththedarkmage Thanks! Yeah, I'm happy with how that turned out. I might play around with the idle timing so it starts quicker, but for now I think I'll let it rock.
  • trillmahertrillmaher Joined: Posts: 21
    edited March 27

Long time no post, I rehoused the parts from one of Art's plastic Tek Cases into a much more durable metal case from allfightsticks.com/. Aaron at AFS is a super great guy and sorted out this one-of-a-kind gold enclosure for me.

Basically the top metal plate is gold leafed (real gold, woo), same with the face buttons/3 of the buttons on the from. Then I put a marble-print adhesive vinyl over the entire top part. I might redo the marble vinyl on this at some point because I had to cut it by hand and it's not perfect. The light-up USB cable is just an AmazonBasics cable that cost me 7$ (maybe less?). I'm still waiting on a gold JLF Link to show up in the mail as well.

I have a bunch of sticks that are very toned down, aesthetically, so I wanted to see how gaudy I could make a fight stick.

I just got one of the AFS cases. Seriously, those cases are very high quality. I added some art to mine, just waiting to install a Brook PCB - stoked to use it.

Also - your stick looks beautiful :open_mouth:
  • chapelchapel Joined: Posts: 23
    Zadawn wrote: »
    I bought the Mad Catz Alpha but it was pretty uncomfortable to use on the lap and in general due to its small size, so I improvised something with what basic tools and materials I had around the house at that moment.

This is how it looks on the outside

All nicely stuck together with the cheapest tape you can get .

Does it work? It actually does. Does it look bad? Hell yeah it does.

As ghetto as it can get.

Broke ass 1999 me salutes you!
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 82
    edited March 29
    Solid_Sean over on Twitter sent me this photo of his built out Panzer Fight Stick 3: Hitbox. Features the EZ Build system, a Brook Universal Fight Board, artwork printed and cut from Tek-Innovations, and the fun Panzer Purple powder coat.

Like the artwork, I see someone is a A.F.I fan using the album cover from all hollows eve. Not a hitbox fan but very nice work as always.
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,506
    edited March 29
    Solid_Sean over on Twitter sent me this photo of his built out Panzer Fight Stick 3: Hitbox. Features the EZ Build system, a Brook Universal Fight Board, artwork printed and cut from Tek-Innovations, and the fun Panzer Purple powder coat.

out of curiosity, beside of the artwork . what are the costs of the whole package?
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,293
    appomo wrote: »
    out of curiosity, beside of the artwork . what are the costs of the whole package?

You can check them out on my site, here's the hitbox version http://www.jasenscustoms.com/panzer-fight-stick-3-hitbox but they start at $179.95 assuming you don't get the UFB from me. If you do get it from me, its the same retail cost as everywhere else except I populate them with the required headers to make install into the PFS3 a breeze. Literally 0 soldering for the kit.

What sets them apart is that they literally come with everything you need minus the buttons/lever, only take about 15-30 minutes to build, and use a lot of the advanced features the Brook UFB has to offer.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 21
    EJM wrote: »
    Blue and Silver acrylic case I made and wired up with a Hori FC4.

This case went to Randy Nwigwe (FB: https://www.facebook.com/randy.nwigwe) and he took some awesome video and pictures of it which I'm sharing here. These are all his pics. Really grateful for all his work and he even created a logo for me!

Love your work man.
    How do you cut your perspex/acrylic?
    I'm making my own box in a similar style and would love some insight from a master ^_^ haha
  • EJMEJM Joined: Posts: 419

Love your work man.
    How do you cut your perspex/acrylic?
    I'm making my own box in a similar style and would love some insight from a master ^_^ haha

Thanks!

I have access to an Epilog Helix laser for the cutting. Case design, I've been mainly using Inkscape but there are lots of other programs out there you can use.

ipqvxv.jpg
    A collection of pictures of my mods and wiring: https://instagram.com/modsbysteve/
    EJM wrote: »
    Thanks!

I have access to an Epilog Helix laser for the cutting. Case design, I've been mainly using Inkscape but there are lots of other programs out there you can use.

Very nice, I was tossing up whether to user a laser cutter or CNC machine once they finish setting up the local makerspace.

Is there anything I should look out for?
    Someone told me in regards to a laser cutter it might cause the perspex to warp (though I dunno if thats true or not).
    And how thick are your sheets?

Have you tried a CNC machine for the cases?

Sorry for the million questions haha
  • EJMEJM Joined: Posts: 419
    Sent you a PM answering your questions so we don't clutter up this thread.
    A collection of pictures of my mods and wiring: https://instagram.com/modsbysteve/
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 233
    That looks amazing.
  • Half-RoHalf-Ro Omae wa mo shinderu.... Joined: Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thanks! First time staining, it needs work.

Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    The finishing work is done so i post this again ! All the wiring is not perfect but it was shown last week-end among other things at the worskhop I work at, people seemed to enjoy it so I'm pretty glad since this is my first attempt at building a stick.

Looks absolutely spectacular for a first build mate :)
    Keep up the great work
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 213
    Scotch wrote: »

seimitsu keikou pink ps-14-gn's + black ps-14-dn's (functions)
    fanta airbag
    my pubes

How easy is it to swap to a JLF/Hayabusa?

you will need the Sanwa ver. plexi cover or else the hole will be too big and the sanwa/hayabusa dustcover will fall in the edges get caught during play.

so the japanese and Korean cases are the same? I wanted to try the Korean lever since I never have but I wanted to be able to go back to japanese levers and I didn't wanna get two sticks.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,713
    edited April 7
    EndRant wrote: »

fanta airbag
    my pubes

you will need the Sanwa ver. plexi cover or else the hole will be too big and the sanwa/hayabusa dustcover will fall in the edges get caught during play.

so the japanese and Korean cases are the same? I wanted to try the Korean lever since I never have but I wanted to be able to go back to japanese levers and I didn't wanna get two sticks.

Yeah, there's only two cases that I'm aware of that are the same and have universal plates for Korean and Japanese standards, and those are the Makesticks and Omnis.

Alternatively, if you're wanting to just try out a Korean stick, you can always get one of the Japanese mounted Crowns from Paradise, Focus Attack, etokki, or Akishop. They can be housed in any stick that fits a Japanese stick on the same mounting bracket.

If you're in the market for a new stick itself, and are willing to also get a new plexi either way (you'll need it), you can grab a Makestick or a Omni easy. But getting the Japanese mount does come with the benefit of not having to swap out your plexi (which requires swapping out your buttons or having a plexi ready with buttons pre-installed, since you should be careful removing snap-in buttons multiple times from a plexi), so that's something to consider too. You could also put that on an Omni or a Makestick...it'd just be a little weird since those are Korean sticks that fit in for Korean standards.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 213
    EndRant wrote: »

fanta airbag
    my pubes

I'm also in the market for a new stick so thanks for all that info. ill make sure I get the japanese plexi when I order it.
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Joined: Posts: 199
    @platynumx your stick needs a clear dust washer. It will cover the gap nicely because of its size and work well with the clear led aesthetic.
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 98
    Yes I know. Couldn't find the stock clear one and looking into my options to get one that fits.
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 Old Ass Button Masher Joined: Posts: 261
    platynumx wrote: »
    Yes I know. Couldn't find the stock clear one and looking into my options to get one that fits.

https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-cd-clear-shaft-matching-dustwasher-set/
    Just a hero for fun
  • platynumxplatynumx Because I have willed it. Joined: Posts: 98
    edited April 9
    jpenguin77 wrote: »

Sanwa ones won't fit. The shaftcover is attached to the battop on this and it's wider than a sanwa cover. Going to do some measuring later and see what I come up with. Or possibly separate the battop from cover. Good looking out though
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 2,468
    Jon,

I wasn't aware you were doing a review of the MAKEStick, but wanted to comment on the panel. Last week I found that the blank (non-etch) template was off; the border was slightly larger and as a result, the plexi install wasn't sitting in the panel as it should. This weekend, I sent everyone that ordered the extra panel a notice that a new panel was shipping to them. Please give this new panel a try.

MAKEStick has been around for a while. Despite it now coming from FA, it's not a new product. People on SRK have been using them for some time and I am pleased FA has an opportunity to make them more easily available in the States. I appreciate your take on it and look forward to additional reviews.
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Here's my install vid / review:

Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    Try the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus restrictor plate for octagonal control of the popular Hori joystick! http://bit.ly/fa-kowal
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    @jmanDMC hey Jaleel - I did receive the notice about the replacement panel - appreciate that! As you can tell from my install vid I wasn't thrilled about having to put the plexi over the existing one. I'll try to annotate the video about the replacement panel.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 2,468
    edited April 11
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @jmanDMC hey Jaleel - I did receive the notice about the replacement panel - appreciate that! As you can tell from my install vid I wasn't thrilled about having to put the plexi over the existing one. I'll try to annotate the video about the replacement panel.

Thanks - another customer brought it to my attention this weekend, just a few days after they went on sale. Photos I took of various configurations were made using the template I created, so it was a shock to see the border was larger than expected. All etched models use a different template, so not all were affected.

I hope the annotation will alert viewers that the incident is isolated to the first run of replacement plexi, and has been corrected. If you have any additional issues with the plexi, please let me know.
    Post edited by jmanDMC on
    Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    Try the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus restrictor plate for octagonal control of the popular Hori joystick! http://bit.ly/fa-kowal
  • cogumerlimcogumerlim Joined: Posts: 229
    Guys, I just purchased a Hori RAP V Hayabusa Silent. What do you think of it, generally?
    What kinds of mods can I make with the optical stick? Can I change it's spring to a 2lbs and if yes, will it be better (meaning, easier inputs)?

The stick seems really nice for me, but it's my first real fightstick, so I don't really have any experience for comparison.
    I notice that I tend to lose inputs (especially quarter circles) when I think I should be doing them.

The silent aspect on it is great - I can play while my wife and son sleep in the other rooms and they won't wake up. Just wondering if I could experiment with other parts, such as a battop, a heavier spring, a different gate, different actuator, etc. I know I won't KNOW how they feel unless I try the different modifications, but what I ask here is: do any of you here use this stick? And if yes, did any of you make any mod at all? And if yes, how does it feel for you, compared to the stock fightstick?

Thanks a lot!
    "Better out than in".
    SFV: Alex.
    SFIV: Blanka.
    Other fighting games: don't really care.
    My house: good.
    Food: good.
    Yeah: maybe.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 772
    edited April 13
    The Hayabusa (silent or not) will always have a longer throw than many of its competitors. It's by design.

You could try larger 3rd party actuators, but know that it might not provide a drastic change in actuation immediacy when utilized with optical sensors. If they end up do working out, just know that rest of the post-actuation throw will still be there. With audible microswitches, you can learn to accommodate before hitting the restrictor gate, though with optical sensors, it is a bit more of a guessing game (until you acclimate).

Spring tension and stick tops are purely a thing of personal preference. However, be aware that installing a battop will change the fulcrum point and thereby will make the throw feel "lighter" in tension than with a shorter top. It's not a lot, but it's noticeable.

When it comes down to it, just get some parts and test to see what you like. The Hayabusa can accommodate A LOT of parts usually reserved for other sticks (like the Sanwa JLF). Also, these parts are hella cheap. Just get some and mess around. It will be fun!

Post edited by jopamo on
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    That coffee table is fire.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 285
    here is a Image of my main arcade stick, this is the one i primary travel with

Stick.jpg
  • AtLaS808AtLaS808 A tiger keeps always his stripes ! Joined: Posts: 183
    @geni what about the updated art?
    PSN : AtLaS808
    Fightsticks Arts,LogoGamer & PS4 Skins.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Available for Commissions just send me a PM.
    Some of my work
    My Time Zone : GMT+00