Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,070
    Had a spare blank case laying around so decided to have some fun with it. This is in the trading section if anyone interested. Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Any chance you'd ever sell a blank case in that style? Id love to make my own.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    The sexual tension is so thick in this post you could cut it with a knife.
    Yeah, and you're the first one to get it sadly...
    :-(
    Testosterone... Stick... Sausage...
    I guess homo jokes aren't as funny as they used to be... :'(
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    plenty funny when the ambiguity of maybe true maybe not is there.
    What I read was all catcher worthy material.

theglyph
    absolutely beautiful stick, the non standard buttons and dongle will throw some but is a beautiful piece.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    plenty funny when the ambiguity of maybe true maybe not is there.
    What I read was all catcher worthy material.
    That's fair.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230

Ummmmmm.... YES THEY ARE!!!
  • Cjw EvolvedCjw Evolved Joined: Posts: 59
    My dual modded Chun-Li TE-S. I just replaced the balltop and all the normal buttons with their clear versions . I feel like anything else I'd try to change on this stick would be sacrilege.
    rynebyhu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Im glad you like the finished design. Initially I made the doughnuts look like the original glazed ones until a family member told me they looked like perfectly formed ring shaped poop. so I had to coat some of them in different colours. I was going to add more and more detail but couldnt spare the time but im sure the new owner can spruce them up some more with extra toppings if they wanted.
    Any chance you'd ever sell a blank case in that style? Id love to make my own.

Drop me a message through my website contact page and I will get back to you with options and pricing.

TheGlyph: That is really nice work you have done there especially as you have fabricated it out of a single piece of hardwood. The crisp photography just makes the whole thing more amazing. It has that Avatar feel about it.

By the way, who do I need to fuck to get myself a Hori VLX diamond?! I am a complete sucker for stainless steel and blue is my favourite colour. I want.
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 820
    Etokki Omni with a Crown CWJ-303A Clear Black and Crown Snap-Ins

Qanba Q4 white and red with a Crown CWJ-303A Clear White

SF4 SE with JLF and Sanwa OBSF-30s

MKP customs wooden case with soft myoungshin fanta and seimitsu buttons (ignore my kid)

Can you just drop a Crown stick into a Q4? If so I might have to do the same for my Q4.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Got a HUEG stack of sticks, unfortunately they're all going into display as part of my collection just like my dual modded VSHG(even though there's no box) except for my HRAP VX which is gonna turn into a Monster Hunter stick I done from a Hori Fighting Stick VX but given to my brother:
    IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
  • eperelezeperelez Joined: Posts: 1,446
    Very nice collection syn! ;)
    "Namco Stick Are #1 In The World, No Doubt There As I Meus King Of Namco Sticks Who Conquer 50 Of This Stick And Sold 40 To My Follow Srk Members And Has 10 in His Home.
    Namco Stick's Are For Live Baby."
    --meus

HeatWare=eperelez http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=84368
  • Hero of South TownHero of South Town Joined: Posts: 140
    Custom Namco I've been working on. New Balltop, Dustwasher, Plexi and Art. The etch says Namco, it's much more visible in real life. Didn't replace the buttons on this one because they're in perfectly good shape (you can thank BBB for that). I've dealt with a dozen of these in my life and this is the only non in-box one I've had that didn't have a worn our button some where.

I have another I'm gonna do, but that one will require new buttons because while it was a cheap ebay grab its seen a loooooot of play.

G7ZAy.jpg
    AREYOUOKAY
  • d0c_zaiusd0c_zaius tobal 2 missionary Joined: Posts: 394
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Im glad you like the finished design. Initially I made the doughnuts look like the original glazed ones until a family member told me they looked like perfectly formed ring shaped poop. so I had to coat some of them in different colours. I was going to add more and more detail but couldnt spare the time but im sure the new owner can spruce them up some more with extra toppings if they wanted.

Drop me a message through my website contact page and I will get back to you with options and pricing.

TheGlyph: That is really nice work you have done there especially as you have fabricated it out of a single piece of hardwood. The crisp photography just makes the whole thing more amazing. It has that Avatar feel about it.

By the way, who do I need to fuck to get myself a Hori VLX diamond?! I am a complete sucker for stainless steel and blue is my favourite colour. I want.

arcadeshock is selling em, and they are great to deal with. love the krispy custom btw.
    tobal 2 best game ever
    Crown in a q4
    eqe3u4ev.jpg
    2aryna4u.jpg
    apasamyh.jpg

It takes some work and there are two ways to go about it but yeah. I'll be doing a black q4 in the next week or so.
  • Bionic5OhBionic5Oh Joined: Posts: 2
    First post! Long time reader, first time poster. Nothing crazy, yet. Just a Brawlstick with a Sanwa swapped in.
    2012-12-05_02-35-53_43.jpg

Was on sale for black friday for $20, and then used my Gamestop points and walked out for the sum of $12.68!
    Had the sanwa from years back when I was building stuff for local friends.
    Also a HUGE relief to see that Fanta sticks are easy to find! I remember a few years ago it was HELL getting my hands on em.
    Gotta order some buttons soon, these things are JUNK!
    PSN: LSC5ohh
    TTT2 & T6
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 824
    Found a pic of my first stick I ever made.
    e2u2ygun.jpg

Sorry for the old cell pic.
  • hamburglarhamburglar Probably robbing McDonalds Joined: Posts: 59

How did you go about getting that effect on the aluminum?
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Carrying on from the Krispy Link stick. I decided to do something similar with another blank case I had.

This is in the trading section.
    SweepShop2.jpg

SweepShop4.jpg

SweepShop5.jpg

SweepShop6.jpg

SweepShop8.jpg

SweepShop10.jpg
  • Typhoon01Typhoon01 Sad bad panda :( Joined: Posts: 177
    Got my VLX Diamond today and Qanba eliVe RF. 8250622669_ef95e028dc_c.jpg8247543821_68246961f0_c.jpg8248611690_96a8fb7e99_c.jpg8248611524_c35f878111_c.jpg8248611420_b90fd77d7f_c.jpg
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 824
    How did you go about getting that effect on the aluminum?

It's called engine turning. It's a old hot rodder thing. There are these sanding pads you use.
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,594
    Woohoo!!!

341FB8D0-217E-4458-82FD-3D0A50A9BECD-13136-0000042CED1EC849.jpg

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,130 mod
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/06/e2u2ygun.jpg

Someone needs to make a "Spirit of St. Louis" themed stick with an engine turned top panel.
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 346

thanks a really like stick for being your first one to ever make. the metal looks cool on that
  • RoninWarriorRoninWarrior Dark Magick Joined: Posts: 574
    b15~ still killin it. great work man... I have 4 months of back pages to look through, hope to see some sick shit ;)
    *[{SF3}]-|Akuma|-[Hugo}*[{MVC2}]-|Guile-Akuma-Ryu
    Sagat-Morriagan-Venom- Thanos-Red russian-Dictator
    Trading Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ronin-warrior-arcade-sticks.160882/
    Info Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/roninwarriors-custom-arcade-sticks.114083/
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Finally got a HRAP VX to replace the absence of my MonHon DA HOOTCH FSVX doujin stick in the same theme but spruced up:
    DSC00689.jpg
  • Shep JohnsonShep Johnson Joined: Posts: 20
    Little something new for us here at Foe Hammer. Flip lid for maintenance and to make modding quick and easy. All Korean parts, Crown button's, Myung Shin Fanta Stick. 5 Button Tekken set up. Dual Mod on the way!
    8249325490_05a6922cf6_c.jpg

8248259247_10d8271af6_c.jpg

8248259175_23e2904124_c.jpg

8248259143_d87a715fb7_c.jpg

8319189951_a39d44d4c9_c.jpg
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 346
    that is sexy
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,872
    Wait...black microswitches from Crown?!

My head hurts!!!!

Sent to the Internet with Smoke Signaltalk. Buy your matches and blanket in the Trading Outlet for $20 shipped. Firewood sold separately.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Little something new for us here at Foe Hammer. Flip lid for maintenance and to make modding quick and easy. All Korean parts, Crown button's, Myung Shin Fanta Stick. 5 Button Tekken set up. Dual Mod on the way!

Very nice. I'm loving the Korean love I've been seeing lately.

I think the lever is mounted a bit high though. Only 1.5mm to 2mm of the sleeve is suppose to be raised above the face.
    Granted it's all preference but arcades mount between 1.5 and 2.
    Carrying on from the Krispy Link stick. I decided to do something similar with another blank case I had.

This is in the trading section.

Always wanted to paint a stick this color. Looks so cool, nice job.

I love the cool ideas you guys got going, but your paint could be smoother and I'm not really into the giant recessing you do for the side buttons. Really awesome besides that.
  • Shep JohnsonShep Johnson Joined: Posts: 20
    Yes, the Fanta will be dropped quite a bit actually. That's probably been what we've received the most comments about. We had some fun with this one, couldn't wait to post it, even if was unfinished. Not for long though! Thanks for the critique, TriXWoN, we try to improve everyday. Paint is something we're still learning to master.
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 529
    I've said it before but I really like the way you've integrated the feet into the case. Flip top is also excellent.
  • major pwnedmajor pwned Joined: Posts: 61
    arcadestick.jpg
    My first arcade stick mod. art work by deathzerozx. any thoughts?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,533
    Got a Brawlstick (and an MLG Pro Circuit controller) from Mad Catz's Black Friday sales.
    No pictures because it'd be boring.
    The Brawlstick will get modded in the coming weeks anyways, so I'll probably post pics then.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,526
    Until there's a Check Out My New Pad thread...

Here's my USB N64 Pad w/ 8gig internal thumbdrive. Think I'll go play some MK9 with this pad, once my roommate is done playing Mario64 on her laptop with it.
    IMG_20121206_200113.jpg
    IMG_20121206_200127.jpg
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    Yes, the Fanta will be dropped quite a bit actually. That's probably been what we've received the most comments about. We had some fun with this one, couldn't wait to post it, even if was unfinished. Not for long though! Thanks for the critique, TriXWoN, we try to improve everyday. Paint is something we're still learning to master.

Yeah, mounting a Korean lever is a little different, but once you get use to them they are pretty easy. Good stuff on the first one! :)
    Its all in the prep, the more smooth an perfect the body is before you start painting the better the paint will be. It takes way too long to make it perfect, but its worth it.
  • Joe BiankJoe Biank Dragon Joysticks Joined: Posts: 27
    Hey guys, Just want every one to know that we are finally up and running after weathering the storm. You have all been great and super patient while we have been down because of hurricane Sandy. I have the listings back up on Ebay along with more items to come very soon. Your feedback has been fantastic and motivating to say the least. You can find the listing under Dragon Joystick or click this link to see all of my listings:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/3rdaxis/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Thank you all again,
    Joe Biank
    Dragon Joystick
  • mooregimooregi Joined: Posts: 16
    My first arcade stick mod. art work by deathzerozx. any thoughts?

Looks like Hulk is hopped up on Code Red :)
  • Hero of South TownHero of South Town Joined: Posts: 140
    The paint work seems solid, it's mostly that you guys don't seem to be using any kind of sealer or varnish.
    AREYOUOKAY