Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• genigeni Joined: Posts: 285
    I'll post once I get a better pictures, I'm horrible at taking good pics. I have a fried who us going to get some really good shots of it with the updated pic
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 527
    Hey guys, can somebody tell me the name of the member that was making VSHG clones and selling them in the market place awhile back. Trying to remember and find some pics for my friend to see.
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Hey guys, can somebody tell me the name of the member that was making VSHG clones and selling them in the market place awhile back. Trying to remember and find some pics for my friend to see.

Voltech but he stopped building a few years ago. Etokki still makes clones.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 233
    Gotta start somewhere nice job.
  • SakamotoSakamoto No Mames Guey! Joined: Posts: 13
    Gotta start somewhere nice job.

Bubbledotjpg, I think I've seen your tag before. Were you in a Indiana FGC discord?
    yup yup
  • Mighty MikeMighty Mike Joined: Posts: 4
    M1X wrote: »
    That coffee table is fire.

Thanks brother!
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,714
    yup yup

I know you lol, you were the Ken that knocked me out of NC6 :tup:
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Oh hey you were the cammy player right? Hi :D
  • Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 31
    Kinda embarrassed to post seeing all the creative work done here, but its my first stick and i did all my own soldering so i'm pretty happy. Still havent decided on artwork for top yet. But here ya go

It looks pretty nice ! And it's really hard to get the real nice clean transparancy of acrylic in picture but I'm sure it looks even better when you see it for real. No need for artwork in my opinion haha, I love the clean and pure, simple design

1488536877-twitt.png
  • BiggzBiggz Joined: Posts: 40
    Kinda embarrassed to post seeing all the creative work done here, but its my first stick and i did all my own soldering so i'm pretty happy. Still havent decided on artwork for top yet. But here ya go.
    It looks really nice clear.

I was planning on putting artwork on the top of my hitbox but I've left it clear. Partly 'cos I'm too lazy to sort out nice artwork and partly cos i really do like the look of it :smile:

• Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,714
    Oh hey you were the cammy player right? Hi :D

Yup, one and the same!
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,299
    edited April 18
    How do those hitbox sticks feel when doing certain inputs like Karin's Orochi or Instant air legs(Or any non typical input)? I can't get over not having a stick to handle(pause).
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 784
    Looks like it all came together nicely. Nice job on the art!
    What plunger is that for your top right button?
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,558
    edited April 20
    What plunger is that for your top right button?

Obsc W/o the inner cap

Yeah I saw that in an Arcadeshock promo graphic for a few colored HRAPs with OBS-MX. 24s look so much better without the inner cap.
    edited April 21
    Huh? Oh cmon.. the guy set the pic inside a spoiler wrapper...

P.S. Did you NOT look at his avatar?! Dude has a serious thing for butts LOL. If anything THAT is even MORE NSFW
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,069
    My "home field advantage" coffee table arcade stick conversion. Complete with the obs cherry switches from paradise and a bat top sanwa stick.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/mightymike130/17855557_10155120726457492_2598234669444680452_o.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/mightymike130/17917137_10155120726617492_5948507041574951570_o.jpg

my friend could use one of these. he's got really bad arthritis from Valley Fever and can't hold his stick in his lap for too long. i was thinking of making him something that has legs that can fold up when he's not playing, but easily folds out when he needs it.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

my friend could use one of these. he's got really bad arthritis from Valley Fever and can't hold his stick in his lap for too long. i was thinking of making him something that has legs that can fold up when he's not playing, but easily folds out when he needs it.

Have you thought about a breakfast serving tray for couch/bed play?
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 928
    edited April 22
    NENDO wrote: »
    I did an update on a VSHG that I got for a steal. It had already been modded and the original system buttons had been removed but the top panel/art were 10/10 so I swapped panels between this and my boxed one. Now, with more of a 7/10 panel on it and being already modded and no longer original, I have the opportunity to actually put this amazing case to work. Updated with Keikou Lemon Seimitsu and a modded JLF (1.5lb spring).

post a full pic of that ascii playstation monstrosity with the anodized battop, and tell us what you have done with it

and how is that stick in terms of ergonomics and comfort?

& +1 for the stack of dreamcasts, its good to know im not the only one has multiple backup consoles, it appears to be a common disease amongst the 80's kids
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,343
    edited April 23
    anzhar wrote: »
    NENDO wrote: »
    I did an update on a VSHG that I got for a steal. It had already been modded and the original system buttons had been removed but the top panel/art were 10/10 so I swapped panels between this and my boxed one. Now, with more of a 7/10 panel on it and being already modded and no longer original, I have the opportunity to actually put this amazing case to work. Updated with Keikou Lemon Seimitsu and a modded JLF (1.5lb spring).

post a full pic of that ascii playstation monstrosity with the anodized battop, and tell us what you have done with it

and how is that stick in terms of ergonomics and comfort?

& +1 for the stack of dreamcasts, its good to know im not the only one has multiple backup consoles, it appears to be a common disease amongst the 80's kids

The Asciiware stick is owned by @Moonchilde. Right now it's mostly stock but he modded the shitout of the stock lever and actually made it much more useable. I believe that his intentions are to tact switch mod the main buttons as well. He says that it's not too bad and has even brought it out to weeklys and it didn't seem to effect his performance much. Anyway, that's a little sneak peak on that thing. I think he said a write up on that build might happen but, as it is with a lot of us, we have projects stacked to the ceiling so it might be a while. Those Dreamcasts are stacked for modding as well. They're going to be getting some IDE boards in the near future.
    anzhar wrote: »

Wait...it's not normal to have a stack of Dreamcasts lying around? Is this treatable? :smile:
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,943
    Gummo wrote: »
    My clear green themed te modded for the Nintendo switch. Case is a mix of tt2 and scv te. Padhack is a right joycon pad. Player leds, rumble motor, and amiibo reader functions still remain in the stick.

Outstanding work.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,420
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Made a frankenpad with random parts and a diy box. The Hori FC4 dpad hooks up super easy since it has a 5 pin connector. It's interesting to play with - the button section rests on your thigh.

https://i.imgur.com/5AxwQQ3.jpg

Link to album:
    https://imgur.com/a/8yinp
    Great use of some leftover parts that many of us have lying around from our padhacks!
    I may have to give this a shot myself as well.

Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • m4tth3wm4tth3w Joined: Posts: 12
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Made a frankenpad with random parts and a diy box. The Hori FC4 dpad hooks up super easy since it has a 5 pin connector. It's interesting to play with - the button section rests on your thigh.

Link to album:
    https://imgur.com/a/8yinp

Wow, that's sick.
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    krimpai wrote: »
    my friend gave me a Fanta Stick KOF13 edition. and here it is after some mods.

Love love love!!! I never see Hustle Kong on anything. The rest of the cast is nice, too.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 53
    @Jamin3131 Nice case, worth the wait !
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 86
    Halbyrd wrote: »
    Been meaning to post this for a while, kept getting distracted. Here's my custom fightstick:

Case and art from Art, Sega P2 layout with the stick spaced out like on the HRAP Kai series. Hori Hayabusa lever with custom balltop and aluminum shaft from FocusAttack; skinny dustwasher from Art. Buttons are Semitsu PS-14-KN 30mm for the top and PS-14-D-N-K 24mm for the side. PCB is PS360+ with Neutrik RJ-45.

Major props to Art on this one; he helped me get the parts exactly how I wanted them. The top art on the first version of this stick looked much rougher around the edges, due to my scrubby x-acto knife skills. An unfortunate rendezvous with the sidewalk damaged most of the case beyond repair, so I ended up basically ordering a whole new one. When he saw what I was trying to do with the top art, he had the second print laser-cut to fit for free! Couldn't be happier with the result!

Art is a hero. Really liking the partial artwork.
  • Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 19
    Biolink wrote: »
    How do those hitbox sticks feel when doing certain inputs like Karin's Orochi or Instant air legs(Or any non typical input)? I can't get over not having a stick to handle(pause).

Its actually pretty easy once you develop the muscle memory for it. You wind up actually having to slow down bc u can input so fast.
  • airdoojieairdoojie Joined: Posts: 55
    @Gummo love the look of that translucent green bezel. I've always wanted one of those TTT2 sticks!
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 847
    Finished this commissioned "The Guardian Legend" NES stick for a customer. Artwork by Arcanux.

who knew someone actually loved the guardian legend that much....
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 183
    defghui wrote: »
    Finished this commissioned "The Guardian Legend" NES stick for a customer. Artwork by Arcanux.

There's a person out there for every game. lol.

Actually fired it up to play it myself to see what it was about on my laptop. Seemed kind of neat as combination of overhead shooter and zelda type games.

• Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 31
    Even if he got tired of it, he could stick play Divekick

Nice work !
    1488536877-twitt.png
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 847

Actually fired it up to play it myself to see what it was about on my laptop. Seemed kind of neat as combination of overhead shooter and zelda type games.

i should rephrase that. i didnt mean for love of the game, i meant LUST of the game...

its a great game, no doubt, but it was way too difficult for my 3 year old self way back when...
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw

i should rephrase that. i didnt mean for love of the game, i meant LUST of the game...

its a great game, no doubt, but it was way too difficult for my 3 year old self way back when...

To each his own.

Anyway, adding this game now to the back catalog of older games I need to try and beat one day. Have so many of those, my list keeps growing and never really knock any of these out. One day.
  • M1XM1X 04'er Joined: Posts: 135
    I wouldn't like that stick.
    I wouldn't be able to see my screen.
    I'd just be looking at the stick.
    PSN: m1x4h
    I play Venom in Guilty Gear.
    edited April 29
    I think it's a nice Large Body stick @Godwin_Point. Don't hide it under spoilers. Nice work. A lot of unused artwork space though on the hitbox version.