Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

1644645646647649

Comments

  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 644
    edited May 14
    Wtf... "all kinds of wrong?." Wow..nice.
    No one cares about your OCD.
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 45
    jopamo wrote: »
    Wtf... "all kinds of wrong?." Wow..nice.
    No one cares about your OCD.

    Lol, I don't really have OCD, thank god. It's a very debilitating condition.


    Tell me, you speak for everyone on SRK forums, Aurmerica or the world?
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 535
    edited May 15
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Made a frankenpad with random parts and a diy box. The Hori FC4 dpad hooks up super easy since it has a 5 pin connector. It's interesting to play with - the button section rests on your thigh.

    This is awesome, I was imagining something like this, have you ended up using it much? I feel like the dpad would be great when paired with arcade buttons.

    I personally can't play on anything besides a standard arcade stick but I've taken it out to locals for people who were curious to try it out. I've gotten a lot of interest though, gonna try to make another one with 24mm buttons next. I have about 2 FC4 shells / dpads left.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com


    instagram | twitter | facebook
  • krimpaikrimpai Joined: Posts: 53
    I like CVS2 and SVC:Chaos

    even if i sucked at it...
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 119
    Hey @jonyfraze , what sort of material did you use for the bottom of the franken pad? Looks like sweude, I doubt it will move at all on your lap.

  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 535
    saikofart wrote: »
    Hey @jonyfraze , what sort of material did you use for the bottom of the franken pad? Looks like sweude, I doubt it will move at all on your lap.

    https://www.michaels.com/creatology-adhesive-foam-sheet/M10032002.html?dwvar_M10032002_color=Black#q=adhesive+foam&start=2

    @hibachifinal put me on to this stuff. its basically like the foam on the TE2 bottom. I use it for all my custom cases.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com


    instagram | twitter | facebook
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 119
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    https://www.michaels.com/creatology-adhesive-foam-sheet/M10032002.html?dwvar_M10032002_color=Black#q=adhesive+foam&start=2

    @hibachifinal put me on to this stuff. its basically like the foam on the TE2 bottom. I use it for all my custom cases.

    Thanks man, I really hate a slippy stick. Won't have any excuses with that stuff.

  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,862
    jopamo wrote: »
    Wtf... "all kinds of wrong?." Wow..nice.
    No one cares about your OCD.

    Lol, I don't really have OCD, thank god. It's a very debilitating condition.


    Tell me, you speak for everyone on SRK forums, Aurmerica or the world?

    But seriously no one cares for your other post. Hence why it's buried now.
    Don't go disparaging other people's hard work
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 535
    @krimpai what material did you print the artwork on for the namco sticks? i dont see anything covering, is it durable?
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com


    instagram | twitter | facebook
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 644
    edited May 15
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @hibachifinal put me on to this stuff. its basically like the foam on the TE2 bottom. I use it for all my custom cases.

    Awesome stuff, isn't it? I was looking everywhere for good foam earlier this year and my wife brought Creatology sheets home from the local Michaels. I've used the larger non-adhesive backed sheets with 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive. I've had great experience with the pair on both MDF and metal.

    https://www.michaels.com/creatology-foam-sheet-12x18/M10597609.html

    http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Super-77-16-75-fl-oz-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Adhesive-77-24/100067550
  • EldritchOnRyeEldritchOnRye Joined: Posts: 61
    Will have to keep those foam sheets in mind if/when I get to that point. Any idea the approximate thickness? One says 2 cm which seems a bit thick and the other doesn't say.
    PSN: EldritchOnRye
    SFV, Injustice 2 Soon™
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 535
    @jopamo sure is.. I use the 3M spray to adhere artwork but never thought to use it with the larger sheets. I might give that a shot next time I re-up on sheets. Thanks for the tip.
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com


    instagram | twitter | facebook
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 301
    Hey I had a question for you guys. I ordered a Fanta from Etokki.com but don't have a case to put it in. I have a Hori VLX that currently has a JCC Hitbox panel in it. Could I use that panel (or the original) and cut some wood to size, then drill the holes using forstner bits (one 35mm for the stick, 8 30mm, 1 24mm for the start, and the holes for the screws that hold the panel on )? After I did that, how would I mount the korean stick? Would I need to use some spacers of some type? I don't mind having screws show from the top of the panel and holding the stick on with nuts but what about the stick fitting in the 35mm hole properly? If this is not the thread to ask this can someone clue me where I should go? Thanks.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 644
    edited May 16
    Will have to keep those foam sheets in mind if/when I get to that point. Any idea the approximate thickness? One says 2 cm which seems a bit thick and the other doesn't say.

    2cm?! LOL. No way, man. It's 2mm thick for both the larger foam sheet without adhesive backing and the smaller foam sheet w/ adhesive backing

  • EldritchOnRyeEldritchOnRye Joined: Posts: 61
    jopamo wrote: »
    Will have to keep those foam sheets in mind if/when I get to that point. Any idea the approximate thickness? One says 2 cm which seems a bit thick and the other doesn't say.

    2cm?! LOL. No way, man. It's 2mm thick for both the larger foam sheet without adhesive backing and the smaller foam sheet w/ adhesive backing

    I figured their listing was screwy and was something more like that.
    PSN: EldritchOnRye
    SFV, Injustice 2 Soon™
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 644
    edited May 16
    Yeah I see the "2cm" on 9x12 listing. SMH. #Dataentryfail
  • krimpaikrimpai Joined: Posts: 53
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @krimpai what material did you print the artwork on for the namco sticks? i dont see anything covering, is it durable?

    It's only sticker. Might as well get plexi for this. Anybody have a template for namco pa1/ps2 atick and hori FSV3?
  • FlashFlood_29FlashFlood_29 Joined: Posts: 2
    Just finished these bad boys! Took way too long for what I set out to do but I made them myself and I'm proud. It was a fun project. Didn't even use the styrene that I spent a ton of time preparing, because photo paper turned out to be fine without a cover.
    lbnugjM.jpg
    FWm5Tdr.jpg
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 45
    Darksakul wrote: »
    jopamo wrote: »
    Wtf... "all kinds of wrong?." Wow..nice.
    No one cares about your OCD.

    Lol, I don't really have OCD, thank god. It's a very debilitating condition.


    Tell me, you speak for everyone on SRK forums, Aurmerica or the world?

    But seriously no one cares for your other post. Hence why it's buried now.
    Don't go disparaging other people's hard work

    What a joke

    Funny how the actual person who made the sticks didnt express any personal offence, so how do you know it was received at disparaging. If they were to have shown offence I would have possibly explained myself and we could have worked it out like adults. I'm pretty sure he/she's fine about it. What kind of nazi are you where any kind of expression is suppressed?

  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 45
    Amazing!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,862
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    Been lurking around this site (and more directly, this thread) for years!

    Thought it was about time I shared some of my creations!

    Ps I'll probably fcuk up posting pics but let's give this a go!

    1st one built out of a briefcase with a hacked xb1 pad. Jlf stick with seimitsu buttons

    https://i.imgur.com/rTMVnJK.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/wp2drCl.jpg

    2nd one built for a friend in similar fashion. This one has a generic USB encoder in it, again, JLF stick and seimitsu buttons

    https://i.imgur.com/JIQyY4h.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ELRcwWE.jpg


    3rd one built for a friends birthday out of an old guitar, custom artwork. Again, JLF stick & seimitsu buttons (there's a theme here somewhere!)

    https://i.imgur.com/eMpwPW5.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/BX6qQ6B.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ka3dvYw.jpg


    And finally my current own pride and joy
    Jlf stick with phreakmods LINK
    Seimitsu buttons
    Custom mother of pearl button inserts
    Made from 1 solid piece of oak
    Kaimana leds
    Brook universal fighting board

    https://i.imgur.com/YBFjse4.jpg
    hhttps://i.imgur.com/wsMUJcT.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/SaqPkuE.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/IQoMhk7.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/EAbDAEx.jpg


    Any comments/criticisms welcome!
    That lego Storm Trooper is a nice finishing touch :tup:
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • BartStationBartStation Only 1 shade of Grey. Joined: Posts: 2,261
    krimpai wrote: »
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @krimpai what material did you print the artwork on for the namco sticks? i dont see anything covering, is it durable?

    It's only sticker. Might as well get plexi for this. Anybody have a template for namco pa1/ps2 atick and hori FSV3?

    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=10
    Only the namco.
    Wu-Tang taught me 3 things: protect my neck, watch my step, and they ain't nothing to F with.
    SRKSale / TWITCH
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 535
    @Liono_BO0o where did you source the case for the 2nd stick? Link if possible. My DJ/Turntablist side has a affinity for things that look like Flight Cases. =)
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com


    instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 8
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    @Liono_BO0o where did you source the case for the 2nd stick? Link if possible. My DJ/Turntablist side has a affinity for things that look like Flight Cases. =)

    As a fellow dj/turntableist I fully understand.

    I custom made it, so I can't source you to a link so to speak.
    It started life out as a flightcase/briefcase. I then took it all apart, cut down the sides etc and replaced the wood sections with acrylic sheet

    The briefcase cost about £25 off eBay if memory serves! They're a bit of a pain to take apart but look smart once done!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,390
    krimpai wrote: »
    Anybody have a template for [...] hori FSV3?
    As far as I know, the only people who have made panels and, by extension, plexis for the Hori FS VX/V3 were blklighting21 (MIA for several years now) and B-Boy Tekken (who have stopped offering the services).
    I went the simpler route years ago and manually hand-cut my own plexi.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

    Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,635
    That guitar stick is pretty fucking intense.

    That begs to have Guilty Gear played on it.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,862
    That guitar stick is pretty fucking intense.

    That begs to have Guilty Gear played on it.

    With Ino as you main :tup:
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • krimpaikrimpai Joined: Posts: 53
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    Been lurking around this site (and more directly, this thread) for years!

    Thought it was about time I shared some of my creations!

    Ps I'll probably fcuk up posting pics but let's give this a go!

    1st one built out of a briefcase with a hacked xb1 pad. Jlf stick with seimitsu buttons

    rTMVnJK.jpg
    wp2drCl.jpg

    2nd one built for a friend in similar fashion. This one has a generic USB encoder in it, again, JLF stick and seimitsu buttons

    JIQyY4h.jpg
    ELRcwWE.jpg


    3rd one built for a friends birthday out of an old guitar, custom artwork. Again, JLF stick & seimitsu buttons (there's a theme here somewhere!)

    eMpwPW5.jpg[\img]BX6qQ6B.jpg
    ka3dvYw.jpg


    And finally my current own pride and joy
    Jlf stick with phreakmods LINK
    Seimitsu buttons
    Custom mother of pearl button inserts
    Made from 1 solid piece of oak
    Kaimana leds
    Brook universal fighting board

    YBFjse4.jpg
    wsMUJcT.jpg
    SaqPkuE.jpg
    IQoMhk7.jpg
    EAbDAEx.jpg


    Any comments/criticisms welcome!



    how did you mount the JLF on the Guitar?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,862
    Please remove image tags before you quote a post with images.
    Thank you.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 8
    @krimpai
    That was a lot of image quoting! :#

    I mounted it quick and dirty! I only had like a week to build it!

    o14Is6C.jpg
    l2E936N.jpg
  • krimpaikrimpai Joined: Posts: 53
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    @krimpai
    That was a lot of image quoting! :#

    I mounted it quick and dirty! I only had like a week to build it!

    o14Is6C.jpg
    l2E936N.jpg


    so this is a much thicker wood? jlf will not fit in an ordinary guitar body?
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 8
    edited May 18
    It's a standard guitar body. It was once an actual guitar! If memory serves the jlf is 34mm from mounting plate to the bottom of the shaft the guitar body was about 43mm so it was close!!
    Post edited by Liono_BO0o on
  • SaBomNimSaBomNim Joined: Posts: 12
    Lino_BO0o, got any build photos of the suitcase build, thats an awsome idea
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 8
    SaBomNim wrote: »
    Lino_BO0o, got any build photos of the suitcase build, thats an awsome idea

    I think I've got some somewhere! If not, I have another one I'm currently building in the same vein.

    What were you after specifically? The whole breakdown process of the case?

    Mods......am I ok posting build photos in here? Wary I may be straying a little off topic of the overall purpose of this thread! :#

  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 644
    edited May 18
    @krimpai

    For the love of [insert diety of choice here], pretty-please (with a cherry on top) STOP doing exactly what the title of this thread explicitly states NOT to do:

    Quote images

    Thank you. Have a nice day.
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Joined: Posts: 162
    jopamo wrote: »
    @krimpai

    For the love of [insert diety of choice here], pretty-please (with a cherry on top) STOP doing exactly what the title of this thread explicitly states NOT to do:

    Quote images

    Thank you. Have a nice day.

    It's in the name of the thread. He at one point clicked on something that had "(NO IMAGE QUOTING)" on it. LOL. atleast he got the information he needed.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 644
    edited May 18
    Actually he did it twice. The second time after two people advised him not to.. so..
    tumblr_m8be2rqlIX1qkz5t6o1_500.gif
  • EldritchOnRyeEldritchOnRye Joined: Posts: 61
    Based on his stick art maybe he doesn't understand "no"? Like the briefcase one as well. Think if you were a travelling player it would be neat to do something similar but inside of one of those hard sided cases (still lap sized) and throw some of the detachable hinges on it and boom.
    PSN: EldritchOnRye
    SFV, Injustice 2 Soon™
  • Pr0sk_Pr0sk_ Joined: Posts: 27
    edited May 18
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    And finally my current own pride and joy

    Made from 1 solid piece of oak

    I'm not a big fan of the color of the buttons when not enlighten. You have a pretty classy design, keeping it minimal in the choice of the colors might have ended in a really pure, smart and classy piece of work.

    Not saying it's bad, it's just my obsessed-with-minimalism opinion.

    I really like your sticks and ideas, like the sky behind the plexi that really makes you feel like looking through a window, or your thing with legos.

    I expect to see more of your work !
    1488536877-twitt.png
  • NoChartNoChart Some say it's vanity, some say it's charm. Joined: Posts: 762
    That guitar stick is pure love. I would love to own a GG themed stick in that style.

    Steam ID: NoChart
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 8
    edited May 18
    Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    And finally my current own pride and joy

    Made from 1 solid piece of oak

    I'm not a big fan of the color of the buttons when not enlighten. You have a pretty classy design, keeping it minimal in the choice of the colors might have ended in a really pure, smart and classy piece of work.

    Not saying it's bad, it's just my obsessed-with-minimalism opinion.

    I really like your sticks and ideas, like the sky behind the plexi that really makes you feel like looking through a window, or your thing with legos.

    I expect to see more of your work !

    Thank you! Like I said I welcome comments and criticisms so no offence taken at all!

    I completely get where you're coming from! Once I put it all together I had exactly the same feeling! They just don't look quite right!
    I think it was because I used mother of pearl on the plungers which has a blue hue to it!

    I'm currently waiting for a similar material which is a sandy colour which hopefully will work a lot better and get that finish I was really looking for!

    The balltop and last 2 buttons are currently purple which looks a bit better but just can't decide what colours would be best to look good but not over the top!
  • deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 40
    @Liono_BO0o Those are some badass sticks, great job!

    Though, I did expect I-No related artwork on the guitar body one. Black&red color scheme, even the texture of artwork, everything on this stick just screams Guilty Gear. I'm curious to see how you've mounted the PCB on it. Looks like the bosy width is just enough for Brook UFB to fit right between the plexis.
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 8
    deadxobbit wrote: »
    @Liono_BO0o Those are some badass sticks, great job!

    Though, I did expect I-No related artwork on the guitar body one. Black&red color scheme, even the texture of artwork, everything on this stick just screams Guilty Gear. I'm curious to see how you've mounted the PCB on it. Looks like the bosy width is just enough for Brook UFB to fit right between the plexis.

    Why thank you!

    The guitar stick was done for a friend and themed after her favourite "Viking metal" band Turisas. (Not my cup of tea but each to their own) she's also always wanted to learn guitar but never got around to it! the little Lego guy was put there as someone else got her that so thought I'd try and encorporate it. it's supposed to look like the lead singer.

    She mostly plays tekken on PlayStation 3 so it's got one of those generic zero delay encoders in it (I was on a budget) :# but yea it fits between the plexis just beneath the buttons. Most electric guitars are 1 3/4 inch thick, or 44.45mm. The Brook board, I believe is 45mm!.......so close! But what's half a mm =)


  • deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 40
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    Why thank you!

    The guitar stick was done for a friend and themed after her favourite "Viking metal" band Turisas. (Not my cup of tea but each to their own) she's also always wanted to learn guitar but never got around to it! the little Lego guy was put there as someone else got her that so thought I'd try and encorporate it. it's supposed to look like the lead singer.

    She mostly plays tekken on PlayStation 3 so it's got one of those generic zero delay encoders in it (I was on a budget) :# but yea it fits between the plexis just beneath the buttons. Most electric guitars are 1 3/4 inch thick, or 44.45mm. The Brook board, I believe is 45mm!.......so close! But what's half a mm =)

    Googled up Turisas, now I see the theme you went with. I'm pretty sure she appreciated the effort put in this stick :)

    I see... I have no experience with the UFB, so I was just eyeballing the width. But yeah, since she only needed PS3 compatibility Zero Delay is the best option - dirt-cheap and gets the job done. Plus, it's smaller than UFB I believe :)
Sign In or Register to comment.