Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• SvenuserSvenuser I main girls <3 Joined: Posts: 159
    Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've checked in. Everyone's sticks look great, and I can see that b15 is still breaking boundaries and changing the game haha.
    I finally finished my first build since last year, my third ever custom stick. This was the first time making the top panel myself (as opposed to using the steel panel from an old TE), and my first actual paint job. I'm still learning from all the mistakes I make haha.
    This one is X-23 themed for a friend. Poplar case, MDF and lexan top/bottom panels, Sanwa JLF, Rollie buttons, Paewang PCB.
    0083_zps0dda2f0e.jpg

Yay for bad lighting! Here's the back.
    012_zps6ca03a9f.jpg

Here's the front in some better lighting
    0012_zps2ab59a02.jpg

Sloppy sloppy wiring. I really need to learn how to clean up my wires.
    0034_zpsc40da550.jpg

And another custom painted balltop.
    0023_zps2c6213e7.jpg

Dang I really have no clue how to make these pictures smaller, can anyone help me out?
    XBL: Loli haet Xbax
    PSN: StevenLuvsBeavin
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    Bkfst, that's a revision 3 but that one has a custom plexi and it threw off the mounting height. But yeah that's the nior layout. Which is how all tekken machines come now.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,474
    Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've checked in. Everyone's sticks look great, and I can see that b15 is still breaking boundaries and changing the game haha.
    I finally finished my first build since last year, my third ever custom stick. This was the first time making the top panel myself (as opposed to using the steel panel from an old TE), and my first actual paint job. I'm still learning from all the mistakes I make haha.
    This one is X-23 themed for a friend. Poplar case, MDF and lexan top/bottom panels, Sanwa JLF, Rollie buttons, Paewang PCB.

Sloppy sloppy wiring. I really need to learn how to clean up my wires.
    You really should, at the very least, shorten the wire between the PCB and the Neutrik.
    1) USB is rated to function correctly only up until 15-16 feet, if I'm not mistaken; having that much from the Paewang (about 7-8 feet, I think?) coiled up inside is going to restrict your cable length outside the casing
    2) In my experience with the half-dozen Paewang boards that I've used, I found the stock USB plug made pretty poor internal connectors to a Neutrik: they were loose all the time and didn't keep connection well. But I guess your mileage may vary on it.

Very nice job otherwise. The paintjob is very nice, both on the balltop and the casing itself.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,789
    Bkfst, that's a revision 3 but that one has a custom plexi and it threw off the mounting height. But yeah that's the nior layout. Which is how all tekken machines come now.
    Um, what?

He's saying his looks like the second picture, which is a Vewlix layout.

I'd probably get kicked in the teeth for saying I prefer the Saulabi layout.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Um, what?

He's saying his looks like the second picture, which is a Vewlix layout.

I'd probably get kicked in the teeth for saying I prefer the Saulabi layout.

That's a revision 3. It's got a nior layout. Not a vewlix.
    That's a revision 3. It's got a nior layout. Not a vewlix.
    I know that. But the picture he posted looks like Vewlix to me.

I may just be misunderstanding the posts, I don't know. But that picture definitely doesn't look like a Noir layout.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    I know that. But the picture he posted looks like Vewlix to me.

I may just be misunderstanding the posts, I don't know. But that picture definitely doesn't look like a Noir layout.

Noir and Vewlix look alike, but Vewlix has the buttons closer to the lever
    crown-fanta-style-002.jpgvew1.jpg
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 824
    http://i.imgur.com/t1GLn.png

It's like the astro. :D
    hypaheza.jpg
    W00P nailed it.
    Hah. Actually it kinda looks like a mixture between Astro City and Vewlix. 1p/1k are very close to vertical like in the Vewlix but 3p/3k are curved down from 2p/2k. UGH! SO MANY FREAKIN LAYOUTS!
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,176
    I have had quite a few enquiries about building something similar to RT's franken pads. So I came up with this as a prototype to see how feasible it would be.
    If theres enough interest I can make a load of blank cases so you can throw your own parts in. I am in the process of designing a D-pad which uses micro switches of some sort. This particular prototype uses a PS2 d-pad along with its hacked pcb (direction side only).

This is a vewlix 8 button layout. I know its dick but I think for a pad player it would probably be useful to have those shortcuts. All buttons are 24mm except the 20mm (black/blue buttons). The 24mm button between these buttons is the back button. Top is start and bottom is guide.

I cut down a datel/paewang pcb to fit. wiring could have been cleaner but I didnt have thinner wire.

Bare in mind I have huge hands so it would be extremely comfortable for regular sized hands. It is designed to be played with the button are ontop of your right thigh so its secure and the left hand to secure the d-pad side. I was playing round with it earlier and it felt great.

Sorry for the random coloured buttons, its all I had at hand.

I support this! (emotionally, not financially.). Hope that you keep at it. I've taken this idea as far as I can go, Hope you can improve upon it.
    Hah. Actually it kinda looks like a mixture between Astro City and Vewlix. 1p/1k are very close to vertical like in the Vewlix but 3p/3k are curved down from 2p/2k. UGH! SO MANY FREAKIN LAYOUTS!
    It may very well be the angle at which the picture was taken that threw me off.
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    It had the VLX layout or something similar. I hate curved layouts as a staff, record label, and as a motherfucking crew.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • Paradox meParadox me Joined: Posts: 70
    Metal Gear stick, honoring the almighty cardboard box.

Wooden frame covered in cardboard, top and bottom panels made out of layered cardboard. All Seimitsu; LS-32.

PHn32.png

swq8p.png

YzVAP.png

Tboa9.png

Novelty exclamation mark bat top.
  • DensuoDensuo Winning by Timeout (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 6,759
    oh wow..... the MGS box..... GODLIKE.
    Won El Fuerte's first and only Major, at Winter Brawl 7
    " -______- I still think Densuo is best Fuerte in America" - x MannyFuerte x 三( ° Д°)-@ Charging star!!
    "You're right mang, Ken players need to start doing more 360 grabs." Shinroken
    "Sometimes I get random demon flips and Air Hados because I'm tatsu-ing so hard!" GomuGomu
  • magocybermagocyber RAZA DE BRONCE Joined: Posts: 298
    lol the MGS GOD, that thing is a beauty, pretty ingenuous
  • daviddomVAdaviddomVA Joined: Posts: 20
    that msg stick... holy shit.
    Hang your head.
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,067
    Just thought I would post this before the world ends tomorrow.

Custom stick built based on the pulse rifle from the Aliens series (greatest sci-fi movie I might add).

- Solid hardwood case with solid acrylic detailing + metal panel & plexi for top
    - Layered stainless steel panel with a melted look to expose the inside
    - Aluminium handle
    - Ammo counter which reacts to the number of buttons pressed on the main panel. Start button resets it back to zero. This custom pcb was built by Giorgos of www.pcbheaven .
    - Sanwa JLF stick and Seimitsu PS-14-KN all round
    - Start, select and home to look like the pusle rifle grenade
    - The inside has a false layer which can be lifted out to gain access to the wiring
    - PS360+ board with Toodles led controller
    - Neutrik CAT 6 set-up
    - Switch for LED discreetly located in the barrel of the gun.

AliensPulseRifle1a.jpg

AliensPulseRifle2a-1.jpg

AliensPulseRifle3.jpg

AliensPulseRifle10.jpg

AliensPulseRifle11a.jpg

AliensPulseRifle12.jpg

AliensPulseRifle14.jpg

AliensPulseRifle17a.jpg

AliensPulseRifle19.jpg

AliensPulseRifle22.jpg

Skip to 4:50 to see the ammo counter in action
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    Awesome...shoe gazer really likes guns doesn't he...
  • daviddomVAdaviddomVA Joined: Posts: 20
    That ammo counter is pure genius. Much props.
    Hang your head.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Stick of the year.
  • LiQuiD[EViL]LiQuiD[EViL] . Joined: Posts: 117
    Wow. Even the Weyland Yutani logo.
  • WorstGiefEVERWorstGiefEVER GIEF Joined: Posts: 462
    Lost for words....
  • Leo90Leo90 Joined: Posts: 11
    oh lord, never seen something like this, how much would something like this cost? a truly remarkable piece of art.
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,573
    Stick of the year.

• godspugodspu Custom builder Joined: Posts: 198
    amazing.
    email me for custom joysticks and mods. please incluse handle

godspu@godspu.com

Custom stick built based on the pulse rifle from the Aliens series (greatest sci-fi movie I might add).

- Solid hardwood case with solid acrylic detailing + metal panel & plexi for top
    - Layered stainless steel panel with a melted look to expose the inside
    - Aluminium handle
    - Ammo counter which reacts to the number of buttons pressed on the main panel. Start button resets it back to zero. This custom pcb was built by Giorgos of www.pcbheaven .
    - Sanwa JLF stick and Seimitsu PS-14-KN all round
    - Start, select and home to look like the pusle rifle grenade
    - The inside has a false layer which can be lifted out to gain access to the wiring
    - PS360+ board with Toodles led controller
    - Neutrik CAT 6 set-up
    - Switch for LED discreetly located in the barrel of the gun.

Skip to 4:50 to see the ammo counter in action
    You make me want to quit building and modding.

I was stopped in traffic and decided to check out srk. I had to put on my hazard lights and finish watching the video. Good stuff man.
  • Pistol-OperaPistol-Opera Joined: Posts: 10
    Holy S***! That's bad ass!
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    Awesome...shoe gazer really likes guns doesn't he...

I do lol
    Shoegaze_redaze
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    Attachment not found. Recording the sound track to Aliens _ All props to Sam Kurd from B15SDM
    Shoegaze_redaze
  • eperelezeperelez VAS-HG FTW! Joined: Posts: 1,443
    ..........let me catch my breath....:pray:
    "Namco Stick Are #1 In The World, No Doubt There As I Meus King Of Namco Sticks Who Conquer 50 Of This Stick And Sold 40 To My Follow Srk Members And Has 10 in His Home.
    Namco Stick's Are For Live Baby."
    --meus

HeatWare=eperelez http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=84368
  • kasprfotokasprfoto part time player, part time modder Joined: Posts: 774
    dang b15, you should have said that the Aliens stick would be the CAUSE of the end of the world.....looking at the ammo counter though, seems to only be double digits? if i had one of those on any of my sticks, it would have to register at least in the hundreds (if not thousands, lol). very nice work as usual
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,847
    Epic Win
    Damn that is a Sexy stick. a Weyland Yutani logo, a ammo counter and a design I do not think I can get pass TSA, Awesome.

Just FYI to all other SRK folk out there, the Weyland Yutani company also appeared in Firefly, Star Trek NTG, Red Dwarf, Dr Who and Torch wood and Angle the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Spin off. As if you go by the Tommy Westphall theory they are all part of the same Multiverse.

New Topic, I just showing off the wiring here as the rest of the stick is stock.
    Here is some wring I did for a client and fellow SRK member
    2012-12-21004230.jpg
    2012-12-21004219.jpg

And this is a Pad hack of a actual SNES game pad being converted to USB I did for a Christmas gift to my Sister's Fiance
    2012-12-21010031.jpg

Before you ask, the SNES pad was purchase as broken/ for-parts on eBay so I didn't gutted a SNES pad for nothing.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • -JuNo--JuNo- Joined: Posts: 185
    thats the most ballin arcade stick ive ever seen
  • M3SS3NG3RM3SS3NG3R Joined: Posts: 165

Holy shit now that's a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION.
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 784
    The Mayas were right after all, this is THE END OF THE WORLD

There's this voice in me that says you should really stop wasting your talent here B15 and ask Capcom/Taito/Whoever to design their next arcade cabinet. But there's another that says "stay here Sam"

+1 with gahrling, Sickest stick of the year (and maybe Top3 of all time)
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    Awesome Alien-stick!
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
  • DihnmohrDihnmohr Joined: Posts: 73
    Omfg...
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    While Sam's sticks are very very good, I hope everyone is only joking about being discouraged. I have seen a lot of very great stuff here from many people. Go for broke!
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • heddtraumaheddtrauma Joined: Posts: 265
    holy hell, dude. bravo.