Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dont think i ever posted any of my own stuff... let's see here

my latest acquisition and currently my favorite stick
    http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/defghui/Projects/P1010371_zps4c427f6f.jpg

I have that same stick. Love it, but waiting on a white 6-button plexi.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    I have that same stick. Love it, but waiting on a white 6-button plexi.
    i considered getting a plexi too but i dont wanna lose that Special Addition shine. six button all the way!
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i considered getting a plexi too but i dont wanna lose that Special Addition shine. six button all the way!

I was referring to the Qanba. ;p

I typically don't feel the need to replace non-character art. I'm keeping the Sanrio art on the SFXS stick though.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
    I was referring to the Qanba. ;p

I typically don't feel the need to replace non-character art. I'm keeping the Sanrio art on the SFXS stick though.
    ah ok. well since it was... "limited" i thought i'd just keep it as is. heh
  • Empire of DeathEmpire of Death Joined: Posts: 2
    Modded one of those awful looking WWE Brawl Sticks.ZBkH4.jpgD5Wwy.jpgmY6dn.jpg
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    @ empire of death -Very clean !
    Shoegaze_redaze
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,647
    I saw this at an anime convention in one of the dealer booths, hilarious, so bought I it just for laughs. But when I opened it up, it's actually decent, super nice JLF clone (better than madcatz's) with an octo gate. I cleaned and re-lubricated the the lever, also put actual JLF parts in it like the spring and square gate (it already used omron switches). also did more by replacing the button's switches with sanwa sw-68's. it's now a decent poverty stick.

tumblr_mfvocotbJL1rmse96o1_500.jpg
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907
    That poverty stick is one of the more comfortable sticks I've ever used (DC version). Nice sensible mods.
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
    I saw this at an anime convention in one of the dealer booths, hilarious, so bought I it just for laughs. But when I opened it up, it's actually decent, super nice JLF clone (better than madcatz's) with an octo gate. I cleaned and re-lubricated the the lever, also put actual JLF parts in it like the spring and square gate (it already used omron switches). also did more by replacing the button's switches with sanwa sw-68's. it's now a decent poverty stick.
    how much poverty?
  • 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    how much poverty?
    You'd have to be pretty hungry to try eating it, that's for sure.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
  • CdP--CdP-- MM.. FOOD? Joined: Posts: 10
    Hello everyone! Here`s a little mod (SRK user: chowwun) did for my HORI Fighting Stick V3
    -Sanwa OBSC-30s
    -Neutrik Jack
    IMG_3086_zps24fbfeed.jpg
    PSN: CdP--
  • elvis_a_presleyelvis_a_presley Losing since '91 Joined: Posts: 357
    2013 is the year where I start spending more time on projects again.

cDPyBl.jpg

O31W7l.jpg

lr1pnl.jpg

sjq75l.jpg

x0rcPl.jpg

SQubxl.jpg

eHlILl.jpg
  • Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,110
    Happy New Year Check my Arcade Stick Thread. Hopefully We can bring more awesome projects in 2013 to keep FGC alive. Thank you very much.
    This my FoeHammer Bad Boy Stick no pcb yet waiting on that Ps360 + from ParadiseArcade :) Love you guys thanks for everything. Keep up the good work.

evybu3eq.jpgmubabade.jpgbu5unate.jpgny7ygede.jpgpepenase.jpg
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,843
    BBB brining back the PJs for 2013. NICE!

Digging that hex dust cover, nice touch.

Sent to the Internet with Smoke Signaltalk. Buy your matches and blanket in the Trading Outlet for $20 shipped. Firewood sold separately.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    BBB - dat shit is sexay

Happy new Years broskies.
    DRINK UP MY NIKKAS!
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    BBB order an rj45 for that. I've broke way way way too many USB feedthroughs

Fucking hex dust washer is the shit!!
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Hello everyone! Here`s a little mod (SRK user: chowwun) did for my HORI Fighting Stick V3
    -Sanwa OBSC-30s
    -Neutrik Jack
    Toronto has an awesome scene for modders, be it Markham, Scarborough or Downtown and a lot of my dual mods/electronic mods come from chowwun/KrossMods but I've gotten stuff done by the three other great modders, Jamin3131, mr.mortified and therobin~

Just saved a Chun-Li TE-S stick, the condition when I got it was less than stellar or not to my standards, scuffed case, worn down JLF, scuffed and scratched white bezel and missing hex screw, just slightly cleaned it up with a full plexi to protect the beauty(though I do take a lot of care out of my sticks) along with a cleanly executed dual mod:
    004-9_zps10caa535.jpg
    Can anyone tell me what kind of nuts the TE sticks uses to hold the hex screws in for the top panel? I need to replace one and then buy a set of hex screws from Focus Attack when I have time in the future as well as probably a yellow bezel for this stick(or paint the SOUL edition bezel).
  • NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907
    If I never see that Chun-Li art again, it'll be too soon.

BTW,
    M4 x 12mm screws
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    If I never see that Chun-Li art again, it'll be too soon.
    Shit... I thought I was the only one...
    In fact, I'm sick of all the SF art.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • Shep JohnsonShep Johnson Joined: Posts: 20
    What up everybody, this is a stick we created for Pro, Tinh "MINE" Ngo. He provided the graphic, we did the rest. Custom FH Stealth shape, Metallic Red/Orange Paint. Sanwa JLF joystick, Sanwa screw-in push button's, Neutrik USB (painted to match), painted 40mm recessed non-slip feet. Dual Mod via Cthulhu/Imp/Pad. Custom FH dustwasher and orange bubble ball top.

8183872791_3b4925241d_c.jpg

8183908990_57ac939eea_c.jpg

8183872647_17626ef460_c.jpg

8183908208_2956f1f6f2_c.jpg

8183907982_e8fd383e63_c.jpg

8183871807_c45522b9eb_c.jpg
    ^maybe its the color, but theres a very lexus look to that design
  • heddtraumaheddtrauma Joined: Posts: 265
    What up everybody...

sweet dust washer.
  • mistercollectionsmistercollections Rolling death cradle!!! Joined: Posts: 82
    Hey guys, I have finally finished my arcade stick. I would like to thank Toodles for the MC Cthulhu, Arcade Shock and Focus Attack for the stick and buttons and Interact for the case. For those who care this is my third post of this stick. Originally this was the unfortunate "Shadow Blade" produced by Interact and hated by everyone. I've thought that the design of the case was very original and wanted to make something special (also I'm a tinkering fein). So I bought the case online and decided to have a go. People said I would "regret it" and boy did I. but after watching this thing come to life, it turned out alright in my opinion. I submit for your approval, out of the Shadows. The "ShadowBlade".
    20121010_204546.jpg

Innards are all Sanwa Buttons, Sanwa JLF and MC Cthulhu. I wrapped the wire in an awkward way trying to imitate the more advanced modders and builders I’ve seen on this forum. USB was a little long but I didn't want to cut it so I just looped it around a bit.20121225_213212.jpg

Front
    20121231_074815.jpg

Back
    20121231_074845.jpg

Side
    20121231_074905.jpg

Other Side
    20121231_074829.jpg

Back W/panel and plexi
    20121231_074943.jpg

Back with LED (Run on 3 AAs)
    20121231_075000.jpg20121231_075004.jpg

Any criticisms? The button layout is a little funky but after about 5 minutes it becomes natural. I know 8 button is dick but I didn't have the heart to cover the buttons (or I was too lazy).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE!!!
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    ^maybe its the color, but theres a very lexus look to that design
    If you're referring to a car, I would compare it more to an Infinity than a Lexus.
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Happy New Year fellow members.

Here's another custom finished a while back based on O-Ren Ishii.

O-RenIshii1.jpg

O-RenIshii3.jpg

[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/b16sdm/2012 b15sdmdesigns arcade sticks /O-Ren%20Ishii%20Custom%20Arcade%20Stick/O-RenIshii5.jpg[/IMG]

O-RenIshii6.jpg

O-RenIshii8.jpg

O-RenIshii9.jpg

O-RenIshii12.jpg
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 529
    Looks like a nice case to hold. Lovely finish where the black and white sections meet.
    this needs to be the theme of B's next stick, me thinks

fun fact: Gordon Liu something something
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Thanks. It was hard to find something to base the shape of the case on so kind of went with O-Ren's sandal.

^^That's what im like when I cant find a tool or fixing I have misplaced. You will see the same results when I make a screw up.
    Design the art and Ill do it ;-)

The artwork is the easy bit. Im talking a complete revamp, just go mental on it.
  • sinnermansinnerman Joined: Posts: 2
    Would like to share my stick. Nothing fancy nor advanced. Just changed the buttons/artwork/paintjob:
    VsIUt.jpg?1
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 4,483
    Would like to share my stick. Nothing fancy nor advanced. Just changed the buttons/artwork/paintjob:

I love the art. Didn't get the reference at first but then it clicked and I got it.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • sinnermansinnerman Joined: Posts: 2
    I love the art. Didn't get the reference at first but then it clicked and I got it.

Thanks. This is not my original art and I can't properly credit the maker since I got this off the internet. So to whoever made this, thanks!
  • DihnmohrDihnmohr Joined: Posts: 73
    I don't get it :(
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    I don't get it

Shame on you for not breaking bad.
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    I dont get it lol
    Shoegaze_redaze
  • Empire of DeathEmpire of Death Joined: Posts: 2
    I dont get it lol
    It's from the show "Breaking Bad." They cook meth in an RV.
    It's from the show "Breaking Bad." They cook meth in an RV.
    doh i dont watch that show. i thought it was walking dead for a second but i saw the gas mask and thought, that cant be right.
  • ArmacDriverArmacDriver Joined: Posts: 196

Very nice. I have a soft spot in my heart for HRAPs and I love Breaking Bad. I thought The Walking Dead when I first saw the RV, then I noticed the two lawn chairs and the gas mask and my mind instantly went to Walter and Jesse. Great stuff.
  • Memento24Memento24 Joined: Posts: 3
    Hi guys, just wanted to share my thought on my new Qanba Q1
    It is my first arcade stick, got a good price on it ( about 100$ shipped and new).
    I really like it, maybe because im new to these but the buttons are really responsive and almost silent and the joystick feels good. The packaging is great for a starter pack as well, the stick came with two button caps, a round , square and octogonal gate aswell. (octogonal gate is the go for me).
    IMG_5903.jpg
    IMG_5907.jpg

The look is pretty sweet in my opinion, simple and yet effective with the start button away from the right hand. I dont have any pictures of the inside for the moment but it is all really clean and easy to access. Well thats pretty much it, back to KOF !
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,009
    Is it stable when it's clamped to a ledge?
  • Memento24Memento24 Joined: Posts: 3
    Is it stable when it's clamped to a ledge?

Haven't tried it yet. I keep the clamps on because it gives it a nice angle when its on table. Ill try them later after work and let you know.