Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 906
    edited June 23
    @WHITE_4ND_N3RDY
    Copy/paste this into your post (remove the 5 quotation marks first):

["img"]https:"//i.imgur.com/Z8jY19C.jpg["/img"]

Also.... wth is a "Figjtstick?" :smile:
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 96
    Got a galaxy s8 and the curve glass and new spell check messes everything up. U can get the concept of what I'm implying anyways.
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    edited June 24
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Hori Fighting Stick Neo 2 with a Seimitsu LS56 and Seimitsu PS14G buttons. Just modded this for a member. Due to shallow case i had to modify the LS56 shaft to match the bottom half of the Hori shaft. Other methods like swapping shafts didnt work because stick height was coming out to about 20.5mm

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae64/DEZALB/Mobile Uploads/received_10154829851801491_zpskyven3ve.jpeg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae64/DEZALB/Mobile Uploads/IMAG0340_zpsznitsg0m.jpg

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae64/DEZALB/SHAFT2_zpsupg4g0tq.jpg

Grade A+ Work sir. Good to see a Neo geo stick repaired and functional again
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Got a galaxy s8 and the curve glass and new spell check messes everything up. U can get the concept of what I'm implying anyways.

Oh I know what it was. Just out busting balls.
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 276
    edited June 24
    @DEZALB
    Nice job shortening the shaft, the result is clean.
    What did you do with the actuator though, did you cut it to length keeping the spring compressed as much as in stock form (thus keeping same clearance between spring retainer and actuator as in stock form) ?

Also, since you reduced the lower portion of the shaft in an already small size joystick, if you pull the balltop upwards until actuator contacts the spring retainer, does this get the edge of the shaft, the clip or the edge of the actuator get stuck wit the switch hinge levers ?
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    can someone tell me about the newst b15 sticks..are those plexi glass cases I can buy somewhere??
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 211
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    can someone tell me about the newst b15 sticks..are those plexi glass cases I can buy somewhere??

http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/
    This is where you can get it
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 302
    Pretty cool man!
  • FuryofFrogFuryofFrog Ora Ora! Joined: Posts: 151
    MASH4CASH wrote: »
    Hello all! I've been a long time lurker here (through my big brother FuryOfFrog) and he encouraged me to sign up on these forums and share my first build! So here we are...

It was a learning process to say the least. I look forward to doing more builds in the future!

I love the way it came out man. It was quite a process to say the least but I enjoyed seeing the genesis of the stick from start to completion. I am very proud to see your first completed box and I look forward to how you improve on your model over time. There is no greater satisfaction than crafting your own weapon of beauty and function, then using it to become a warrior. I am excited to see some ass getting whooped with that thing.

Most excellent job.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
    edited June 25
    That thing looks beautiful. what kind of wood did you use?
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 17
    jopamo wrote: »
    That thing looks beautiful. what kind of wood did you use?

Thanks,

It's made out of acacia wood with a walnut stain. It wasn't my first choice, I couldn't find a decent piece of walnut or it would've been made with that.
  • MASH4CASHMASH4CASH Joined: Posts: 2
    Excellent handy-work Liono_BO0o. I love the uni-body form factor. SUPER clean wiring. I'm in awe. I wonder what is the grey/black material coating the inside? Is there any functional reasoning for it or is it purely aesthetic? Either way it looks great!
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 17
    MASH4CASH wrote: »
    Excellent handy-work Liono_BO0o. I love the uni-body form factor. SUPER clean wiring. I'm in awe. I wonder what is the grey/black material coating the inside? Is there any functional reasoning for it or is it purely aesthetic? Either way it looks great!

Thanks

I'm getting a little better at the wiring with each project!
    The material on the inside is like a black velour cloth (kinda like a pool table but black) and it's purely aesthetic. Mostly to cover up some dodgy chisel work on my behalf!
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 544
    Darksakul- Thank man
    Agieze wrote: »
    @DEZALB
    Nice job shortening the shaft, the result is clean.
    What did you do with the actuator though, did you cut it to length keeping the spring compressed as much as in stock form (thus keeping same clearance between spring retainer and actuator as in stock form) ?

Also, since you reduced the lower portion of the shaft in an already small size joystick, if you pull the balltop upwards until actuator contacts the spring retainer, does this get the edge of the shaft, the clip or the edge of the actuator get stuck wit the switch hinge levers ?
    I ended up cutting the LS56 actuator to match the length of the hori actuator. As far as pulling on the joystick i cant tell you, i slightly pulled on it when i was testing it just to make sure nothing would come loose/undone since i modded it. Seems to be fine.

• krimpaikrimpai Joined: Posts: 54
    naisu
  • devlawdevlaw Joined: Posts: 1
    My Sanwa modded Mayflash F500, the custom faceplate art done by a good friend of mine, still need to get a black 24mm to finish it off :)
    Iv'e got the different usb dongles for the stick for the different consoles, works quite nicely!

VL2vZKx.jpg
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 439
    FYI to u modders who use Neutrik connectors, I've found the following adapter to be much more sturdy and reliable than the Neutrik which seems to fail a lot with pulling and pushing of the cable and port. Jasen from jasenscustoms actually put me onto these things and they are coming with the panzer instead of Neutriks because they're so much better. Check it out: https://arcadeshock.com/products/switchcraft-ehusbbabx-usb-b-to-a-eh-panel-mount-connector-with-4-40-screws
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    edited July 1
    I plan to use one of these on my next wood stick build. Thanks for the reminder @gahrling
    $20 is a steal. Great job!
  • driftlogicdriftlogic Joined: Posts: 634
    Holy shit that is gorgeous...
    "Fucking dumb lying bastards with small dicks on XBL is what ruins multi-player at times."
    Machineking1313
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Lili - Heihachi - Akuma - Evil Ryu - Wolverine - Zero - Scorpion - Baiken - Mitsurugi Joined: Posts: 233
    @VarmintBaby This is what you spoke of in The Korean parts thread. nice. I would just like to say, it would be really cool if you were able to put in some pink Sanwa buttons. This will turn the agetec into a p2 from a p1 candy stick.
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 544
    @hibachifinal The hellcity chick is my favorite so far. Still got love for the Omni demon though
  • djdigidjdigi Joined: Posts: 66
    Nice!!! MURICA
    edited July 9
    djdigi wrote: »
    Nice!!! MURICA
    Not quite. Cammy is from the U.K., and so those colors better represent the Union Jack in this case... not "Murica."
    I prefer to think she's from the U.S.A. in my imaginary world though so I'm still good with MURICA'. Thanks tho.
    You're most welcome. Your imaginary world sounds like a lot of fun!
    Will do! Thanks!
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 134
    Guys, chill out. This is her V-trigger colors, that's it. Nothing related to country or anything else.
    If it was Guile I would I have made green/yellow/white leds.
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 439
    edited July 11
    Jackals wrote: »
    After doing countless artworks/modding for others, I had to give some love to my old modded TE2.

It was about time for a brand new look.

I went for a Metal Gear Solid theme.
    Changed the bezel, repainted the side panels and used some vinyl decals.

Here it is:

14007_033.jpg
    14007_032.jpg
    14007_035.jpg
    14007_040.jpg

Images dont show up @Jackals
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • JackalsJackals Joined: Posts: 17

They do.
    And you're quoting them btw.

• defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 849

They do.

actually the pictures arent working for me either
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 121
    The images aren't showing for me either @Jackals
    edited July 12
    They do.
    nope.gif

ziw3h3.jpg

I tried to load the images via direct URL in another browser tab and all of the pages wouldn't even load. Might be a geographical/server thang.
    My Murican ISP's DNS is not impressed by your French image server.
    Post edited by jopamo on
    edited July 12
  • JackalsJackals Joined: Posts: 17
    jopamo wrote: »

Thanks. I will reupload them using that link.

Must be a regional restriction I haven't heard of before... Weird.
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 121
    Works good for me! Worth the wait too, nice and neat.