Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,647
    Is it stable when it's clamped to a ledge?
    i recently got a q1 cut... i'd say its pretty stable, but i wouldn't lean my whole body weight on it. But yeah, it will not move around while playing. the clamps themselves are nice too and from what i've been using, doesn't leave any markings on the table. the clamps give a nice angle on its own too :)

the proprietary Qanba lever is very nice too, smooth and snappy, very competent, comparable to JLF and LS-58. only flaw i can say is how cheaper the shaft cover , balltop, and dustwasher feel, but those can been easily replaced (its a JLF clone, so parts fit). The gates provided are nice too, i dont use octo or circle gates, but having the option is nice. As for the buttons, they were instantly replaced, I wasn't expecting much, but they felt a bit cheap and chunky, nice gloss and flat shape though.
  • jimmy_shoegazerjimmy_shoegazer Hype maker Joined: Posts: 138
    B15SDM alien stick review - Make sure you watch the HD version its alot better "enjoy friends"

Shoegaze_redaze
  • ChoopyplzChoopyplz Shorts Joined: Posts: 25
    Just got a WWE Brawlstick to mod a couple weeks ago, and finally got it all done today!

2z4Bk.jpg

WylmR.jpg

20gI5.jpg
    Steam & PSN: Choopyplz
  • |Galen||Galen| In iWS1 I trust! Joined: Posts: 230
    Choopy how did you paint it?
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Just got a WWE Brawlstick to mod a couple weeks ago, and finally got it all done today!
    we're Blanka stick brothers

Troyism.jpg
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    Choopy how did you paint it?

I used Krylon fusion in a darker green (the only color green I could find) and then did a few coats of green Velspar spray paint on top. I put a matte clear over it too to protect it, although I'm not sure how durable it'll be over time or anything.
    we're Blanka stick brothers

Sick! I'm glad to see another one, don't see too many Blanka sticks. Awesome you used the blue Blanka, haha. He's such a colorful guy..
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,487
    I used Krylon fusion in a darker green (the only color green I could find) and then did a few coats of green Velspar spray paint on top. I put a matte clear over it too to protect it, although I'm not sure how durable it'll be over time or anything.

Not too too well.

It'll probably wear off through time.

I recommend you sand your plastic before your coat it with any kind of paint.
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
  • SisqoDisqoSisqoDisqo Sign Up Date: November 1995 Joined: Posts: 376
    I dont think i ever posted any of my own stuff... let's see here

continuing the theme of pink is awesome:
    my first ever mod/overhaul. purchased off ebay stock when vanilla released on PC.
    sanwa everything and cthulhu. now it's just empty on the inside
    http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/defghui/Projects/P1010364_zps10b9622e.jpg

my latest acquisition and currently my favorite stick
    http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/defghui/Projects/P1010371_zps4c427f6f.jpg

my second stick i got since vanilla came out. my all time beater/practice stick
    BEFORE: From SA to SE
    http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/defghui/Projects/0211111610-00_zps2f613606.jpg

AFTER: From SE back to SA, and then some. heh heh
    http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg594/defghui/Projects/P1010361_zps6c0499d6.jpg

also various TE's, Rd1 for looking at, Rd2 Black Stealth mod coming soon. Carbon stick somewhere, PSX namco's. Ascii PSX. Hori T5 from goodwill of all places.
    nothin spectacular
    :snkd::snka::m:N
    I recommend you sand your plastic before your coat it with any kind of paint.

I actually did sand it, though I do expect it to wear over time. That's ok though, I'll probably build a shell for it in the future. Mostly I just got the brawlstick since it's my first fight stick and it was on sale for $30, hard to go wrong I guess.
    Troyism did mine. I bought it from him, though I rewired it and did some other things. He did the art.
  • ChempopChempop Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, this seems like the right place for my first post (haven't found an introduction thread yet).
    I've got to take better pics of my stick collection, but for starters here is my most used panel.

8270627183_540d9e815a_z.jpg
    Someone saw my red and white q4 and wanted one done for them. Sent me their stick. I modded theirs to this:
    ajevurus.jpg
    u6e8eges.jpg
  • TragicTragic Joined: Posts: 2
    First post! Also the first stick I've ever build.

Foe Hammer Padauk wood case.
    Sanwa JLF
    Seimitsu buttons and balltop
    Paewang PCB

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    First post! Also the first stick I've ever build.

Foe Hammer Padauk wood case.
    Sanwa JLF
    Seimitsu buttons and balltop
    Paewang PCB

that makes me feel so goddamn patriotic. SALUTE!
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • EndwaterAngryEndwaterAngry Xan'r-jyll Joined: Posts: 7
    Hey All!

Decided that since the Brawlsticks were only $20, I'd try my hand at some custom art. Here is what I came up with!

01-Finisheda_zpsc5a6d385.jpeg

01-Finishedb_zps0b813c1c.jpeg

01-Finishedc_zps42a9a347.jpeg
    18 years of playing fighters and I still cannot stop myself from getting destroyed by blocked dragon punches.....
    That's hot. I was going to do something similar to that, with the WW character select screen though... My button colors were going to be in relationship to the characters, but I figured out it would end up costing too much for the different buttons...

e.g. red button casing with white plunger for Ryu... Yellow with red plunger for Ken... Yellow with Green for Guile, etc.
  • IshimaruMakotoIshimaruMakoto Hyped 'till the feet. Joined: Posts: 110
    Even the brawlstick it's a lil' expensive here in Brazil.
    About 299BRL (someting like 150USD)
    Really.
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    Even the brawlstick it's a lil' expensive here in Brazil.
    About 299BRL (someting like 150USD)
    Really.

In Sweden, they're not even for sale. :(
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    That's hot. I was going to do something similar to that, with the WW character select screen though... My button colors were going to be in relationship to the characters, but I figured out it would end up costing too much for the different buttons...

e.g. red button casing with white plunger for Ryu... Yellow with red plunger for Ken... Yellow with Green for Guile, etc.
    That's a hot idea! Should do it with translucent buttons and the characters in the buttons! :p
  • IshimaruMakotoIshimaruMakoto Hyped 'till the feet. Joined: Posts: 110
    In Sweden, they're not even for sale. :(
    But at last you can import without 60%+ of taxes.

That was actually the base for my original concept! I was having a tough time coming up with art that would support it though. I was thinking about proceeding with the buttons that way, but felt the stick would look too busy.
    18 years of playing fighters and I still cannot stop myself from getting destroyed by blocked dragon punches.....
    That was actually the base for my original concept! I was having a tough time coming up with art that would support it though. I was thinking about proceeding with the buttons that way, but felt the stick would look too busy.
    Yeah, I wouldn't have had the portraits had I done it that way.
    That's a hot idea! Should do it with translucent buttons and the characters in the buttons! :p
    That sounds hot actually..

My scheme was this...

Ryu = White w/ red border
    Ken = Red w/ yellow border
    Guile = Green w/ yellow border
    Blanka = Green w/ orange border
    Chun = Blue w/ yellow border (or white)
    Dhalsim =Orange w/ red border
    Honda = Blue (towel) w/ red (facepaint) border
    Gief = FUCKING HARD to figure this one out... but I came up with Yellow w/ red border from his boots and arm band colors, and I didn't want it to be the same as Ken.

So add the translucent ones to that and put their portraits... fuck yeah.
    Zangief-hdstance.gif
    That sounds hot actually..

My scheme was this...

Ryu = White w/ red border
    Ken = Red w/ yellow border
    Guile = Green w/ yellow border
    Blanka = Green w/ orange border
    Chun = Blue w/ yellow border (or white)
    Dhalsim =Orange w/ red border
    Honda = Blue (towel) w/ red (facepaint) border
    Gief = FUCKING HARD to figure this one out... but I came up with Yellow w/ red border from his boots and arm band colors, and I didn't want it to be the same as Ken.

So add the translucent ones to that and put their portraits... fuck yeah.
    Zangief-hdstance.gif

I had the same thing except used red plunger with yellow rim for 'Gief and yellow plunger with red rim for Ken. I think the red plunger with yellow rim fits 'Gief better and can justify the yellow plunger with red rim for Ken very easily.
    I can dig that.
  • MizukiTHPSMizukiTHPS Nyan! Joined: Posts: 169
    Just finished (well kind of) my SanrioxStreetFighter stick, figured I would share it.

StreetFighterxSanrio MadCatz Fightstick Pro
    Toodles Remora Board
    Purplearms Arceye 3
    PhreakMods The Link
    RosserRooster Powder Coated The Link
    TeFightStands Dust-washer
    Buttons and Balltop from FADC (Sanwa 30s)

Thank you to everyone that made this stick possible <3 you all.

Special Guest Appearance by: Kumagoro
    img20130108012428.jpgimg20130108012447.jpgimg20130108012620.jpgimg20130108012602.jpg
  • HellaFilthyHellaFilthy Joined: Posts: 4
    Just need two more things and I MIGHT be done modding this thing...

Madcatz pro painted with chameleon (purple/teal)
    Black Arrow dust cover
    JLF The Link with a Pokeball ball top
    8 x Seimitsu push buttons with Sanwa micro switches
    Custom bottom plexi
    8 x arc eye with Remora bored
    4 x 35mm aluminum anti slip feet

2cdaab.jpg

dgqcdl.jpg
  • E-ryeE-rye Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey All!

Decided that since the Brawlsticks were only $20, I'd try my hand at some custom art. Here is what I came up with!

Where did you find brawlsticks for $20?
  • BlaqAcidBlaqAcid All Blaq Everything Joined: Posts: 187
    Where did you find brawlsticks for $20?

I got my son one at Gamestop a while back for $20, was looking to get another but theyre getting harder to find it seems. Madcatz also had them on sale for $20 during the holidays.
    Ibuki | Cammy | Morrigan
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,256
    Finally cleaned up some T5's I had laying around.

tumblr_mga82aeSOg1ropjj1o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mga83lZ8WW1ropjj1o1_1280.jpg

Art's plexis from Tek innovations are the best. I can't stand corny ass "artwork" people slap on their sticks. Clean sticks >*

• Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally cleaned up some T5's I had laying around.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8c76ee2c8cdc8fa87faa2fdf60cca53d/tumblr_mga82aeSOg1ropjj1o1_1280.jpg[
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/f5323cbfbd403d6b132555e0851595d7/tumblr_mga83lZ8WW1ropjj1o1_1280.jpg

Art's plexis from Tek innovations are the best. I can't stand corny ass "artwork" people slap on their sticks. Clean sticks >*

I prefer the clean look myself, but I wonder why you're using button plugs, rather than not have the holes cut at all?
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,256
    I prefer the clean look myself, but I wonder why you're using button plugs, rather than not have the holes cut at all?

I ordered the plexis a really long time ago, before I had an idea of what hraps they were going in. Thankfully I had these colorful qanba buttons plugs laying around.

• b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Heres another custom which has a female grunge theme. Light crackled effect paint with black acrylic inserts on the sides.

Lexy1.jpg

Lexy3.jpg

Lexy5.jpg

Lexy6.jpg
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,068
    Sorry for spamming but I have fallen way behind with the uploads.

MegaMan1.jpg

MegaMan3.jpg

MegaMan5.jpg

MegaMan6.jpg

MegaMan8.jpg

MegaMan11.jpg
    I'd never consider YOU to be spamming @b15sdm
  • ShinryuShinryu 風林火山 Joined: Posts: 72
    Thought I'd try out the Crown 303A stick and silent Sanwa buttons for a change of pace from the Seimitsu stuff I'm used to.

9aqp8o.jpg
    真の格闘家への道は… まだ遠い!
    GGPO/XBL/PSN ID: ShinryuReishiki
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ShinryuReishiki
  • MaxoplataMaxoplata Maxoplata.net Joined: Posts: 157
    My new Qanba Q4.. xP

Seimitsu buttons and balltop, translucent smoke shaft cover and Tefightstands cookie dust washer :)

IMG_6979.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

I think my collection is good for now. At least my wallet hopes so :P

IMG_2267.jpg
    http://www.maxoplata.net/ - Top Player Database
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    My new Qanba Q4.. xP

Seimitsu buttons and balltop, translucent smoke shaft cover and Tefightstands cookie dust washer :)

I think my collection is good for now. At least my wallet hopes so :P
    fuggin love it!

is that cookie dust washer made from cardboard?
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    That cookie wins.
  • tefightstandstefightstands Joined: Posts: 408
    fuggin love it!

is that cookie dust washer made from cardboard?

that one is made from sculpey clay and was baked to harden it =)