Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

1647648649650651653»

Comments

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 443
    @Jackals No apology for the sarcastic short ass response when I was just trying to help you out eh? Figures on this site.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • JackalsJackals Joined: Posts: 17
    edited July 12
    @Jackals No apology for the sarcastic short ass response when I was just trying to help you out eh? Figures on this site.

I did apologize on my original post that I edited.
    But you apparently did not notice it.

Sorry.
    Post edited by Jackals on
  • trillmahertrillmaher Joined: Posts: 47
    @Jackals that stick is beautiful!! :open_mouth:
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 849
    trillmaher wrote: »
    @Jackals that stick is beautiful!! :open_mouth:

it was worth all the fuss to see it
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • thatfoocrispythatfoocrispy Joined: Posts: 21
    picked this up at the swap meet the other day (san diego) for a few bucks. is this anyones handiwork? dual modded with stock pcb and pc/ps3 cthulhu
    Up0VnVHl.jpg
    2NzFdBNl.jpg?1
    9sWPOBGl.jpg
    WOj00Otl.jpg

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    picked this up at the swap meet the other day (san diego) for a few bucks. is this anyones handiwork? dual modded with stock pcb and pc/ps3 cthulhu

Hard to say, I know a number of modders who all decide to ether work without screw terminals or desolder the screw terminals.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 393
    still
    picked this up at the swap meet the other day (san diego) for a few bucks. is this anyones handiwork? dual modded with stock pcb

nice find, what swapmeet was it?
  • thatfoocrispythatfoocrispy Joined: Posts: 21
    Darksakul wrote: »

Hard to say, I know a number of modders who all decide to ether work without screw terminals or desolder the screw terminals.

true, was curious to see if someone remembered doing it or something.

noober2 wrote: »

nice find, what swapmeet was it?

spring valley. saw it on my way out. it was missing the usb end for the 360 cable, but i had a spare one and figured at the worst, i could at least use the shell.

• lazyFloydlazyFloyd Joined: Posts: 2
    edited July 18
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm on a quest to build my own hitbox arcade, can somebody please post a 300dpi image of a button layout for arcade hitbox? I can't seem to find one with measurements. Thanks in advance.
  • bashirkashmiribashirkashmiri Joined: Posts: 55
    That looks sweet dude!
  • everythingWasBeeseverythingWasBees Full of questions Joined: Posts: 158
    Decided as a result of a new job to finally pull the trigger on a VLX at EVO while they're still around.
    Grabbed @Jasen Hicks EZ Brooks kit, a set of Crown buttons from PAS, and @armi0024 's recommendation of a HelpMe V2. Was originally gonna use a crown conversion shaft and do a black battop, but I think I rather like the purple.

Maybe I'll do some future mods with new hardware, add a custom panel when my game releases or something, but short of maybe adding black rims to the buttons and switching out the 24mm it's pretty much my ideal stick in every way.
    It's gonna kill my back though.

uhxtjwo.jpg?1
    w6ZOKfR.jpg?1
    rSUUBPO.jpg?1

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 915
    really nice!
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,315
    Awesome job finishing up that Panzer Fight Stick! I really like the pro-cable connector look on the case. It makes it look even more rugged.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 96
    edited July 21
    Just ordered 2 pro cables for my panzer as well and my other fightstick that's currently being built. Thank you Jasen, your product's are solid!
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 2
    edited July 21
    I've been lurking this thread and the art thread for a while, and I seem to recall someone mentioning a an idea for a stick that came with a lid and a handle, for convenience, specifically likening it to a briefcase. I took a short break after, so I'm unsure if it's already been done, but I've been working on, and just finished, my own version of that, made out of an old portable record player I lost the power cord to.
    IxOlL41.jpg
    M8EblB3.jpg
    qwy65Ad.jpg
    Kv48TjA.jpg
    As you can probably see, it's pretty slapdash, especially those Lorenzos Insustrias buttons. My order screwed up and I got the wrong size adapters (.250 to .187 instead of .187 to .110), and being relatively impatient I decided to jury rig them to use the Hori microswitches from my unused Hayabusas. The records used were John Henry by They Might Be Giants, and Old World Romance by Sea Wolf (neither were my first choice, but both of those were sold out. these are just the first ones available on the list). The card on the back is covering a weirdly shaped hole meant for the power and audio cables from back when it played music instead of Guilty Gear. It's my first stick, and certainly not my last, so criticisms and observations are welcomed.
    Well done, sir. Best USB passthru ever!
  • deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 46
    Oooh, that hitbox is awesomesauce! Looks like it came straight out of a candy shop.
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 418
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    Has a combination of seimitsu and sanwa buttons. (This was due to only sanwa doing the fluorescent yellow ones)

They did a limited run! ArcadeShock has 'em here:

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/pushbuttons/products/seimitsu-keikou-pushbutton-limited-edition-colors-30mm
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
    Those buttons are opaque though.
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 98
    @Liono_BO0o That looks amazing. How did you achieve the lighting?
  • vnsvns Joined: Posts: 1
    It's my first project. I bought the case from 2nd impact, a Brazilian online store.

IMG_20170723_203512518.jpg

IMG_20170723_203438748.jpg

IMG_20170723_203423153.jpg

Cable management is sucks, will be my next improvement.

• Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,759
    I really like the 2nd impact case designs. We've got a guy in Toronto that was gonna bring back some cheap, barring it was a small amount he could sneak past customs. I'd get one if I didn't already have three sticks lol.

Liono: That is such a sick idea for paint jobs and lighting.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 277
    I really like the 2nd impact case designs. We've got a guy in Toronto that was gonna bring back some cheap, barring it was a small amount he could sneak past customs. I'd get one if I didn't already have three sticks lol.

Liono: That is such a sick idea for paint jobs and lighting.

DIY tracing tables use exactly that same idea witht led strips cut to length, except the tables have frosted plexi for better diffusion and the internal surfaces of the box are pasted with reflective film/adhesive mirror. Cool to have applied it to a fightstick.
  • shortman1243shortman1243 Joined: Posts: 262
    Liono_BO0o nick stick. Btw, where did you get the USB A to B cable? I am having a hard time finding one so short.
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 7
    Liono_BO0o nick stick. Btw, where did you get the USB A to B cable? I am having a hard time finding one so short.
    I just snagged one off of Focus Attack last week.
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 17
    edited July 25
    @Missing Person cheers man, I had a bit of a Google search to see whether it had been done before and couldn't find anything overly similar! Turned out rather well!

@shortman1243 the beauty of the brook board is that it has a separate space on the board you can wire a USB cable to so you can just chop one off to the length required.

When I do require a short cable, I usually do a search for a "USB printer cable" these are USB A to USB B as standard but aren't named as such. They're readily available in all sorts of lengths so you shouldn't have any issue finding one. Think the shortest they go is like 15cms.
  • shortman1243shortman1243 Joined: Posts: 262
    Does anyone know anyone that does metal work? I need to get some countersink a few holes for a metal panel.
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 437
    Where are you located? I know a good one for control panel work on the french-belgian border
  • mdsfxmdsfx Joined: Posts: 1,960
    Don't anyone get too excited over this. I know Mayflash F300s are the gem of this thread. Might have to throw on a red balltop just so it's not SO bland lol

mucVH0y.jpg
    OBEY THE JAM
  • 2old4this2old4this Joined: Posts: 71
    nice, keepin it simple
  • MnoMno 哈哈哈 Joined: Posts: 2,321
    RageousX wrote: »
    Made myself a new endgame piece: Gunmetal Grey (special edition) Panzer HitBox from @Jasen Hicks to replace my previous daily driver HitBox TE that I sold a few months back.

Damn that looks sick. Layout is sexy as hell.

Got any pics of the guts?

i hate video games.
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,315
    Mno wrote: »
    RageousX wrote: »
    Made myself a new endgame piece: Gunmetal Grey (special edition) Panzer HitBox from @Jasen Hicks to replace my previous daily driver HitBox TE that I sold a few months back.

Damn that looks sick. Layout is sexy as hell.

Got any pics of the guts?

They all look the exact same inside... super clean.

pfs3-hitbox-ch-2.png
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog