Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 187
    khodu wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is my first attempt at building an arcade stick from the ground up. Did it for the thrill more than anything. Really proud of this attempt.

Clear Sanwa buttons for the main ones.
    Seimitsu red buttons for PS, Share, Option and Touch.
    Myoungshin Fanta stick with Taeyoung shaft(sprayed red from the original green)
    Saitama artwork and Pure iron case molded by me.
    NEUTRIK connector and yellow cover.

Brook pcb with paradise arcade break out board.

Cheers.

Very nice for your first attempt. You gotta do me a favor though and get some type of x-acto knife and trim up that artwork so it's in line with the plexi.
  • Liono_BO0oLiono_BO0o Joined: Posts: 20
    khodu wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is my first attempt at building an arcade stick from the ground up. Did it for the thrill more than anything. Really proud of this attempt.

Clear Sanwa buttons for the main ones.
    Seimitsu red buttons for PS, Share, Option and Touch.
    Myoungshin Fanta stick with Taeyoung shaft(sprayed red from the original green)
    Saitama artwork and Pure iron case molded by me.
    NEUTRIK connector and yellow cover.

Brook pcb with paradise arcade break out board.

Cheers.

Very nice for your first attempt. You gotta do me a favor though and get some type of x-acto knife and trim up that artwork so it's in line with the plexi.

lol I thought exactly the same thing!
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 558

Also suggest using some stainless screws to hold your plexi on the stick. Those screws your using are going to rusty up, and quick

• khodukhodu Joined: Posts: 9
    edited July 31
    @MonkeyGovernor, Done. Thank you for your insight. @DEZALB Thanks as well. Appreciate it. Will get the screws in a bit.
    Post edited by khodu on
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,561
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »

I converted one of the 24mm buttons to house the insides of a neutrik USB coupler as I wanted to continue the colour scheme rather than have the metal of the neutrik.

Any pics of the process taken to do this?

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 988
    Guts pics time. Let's see how it ticks!
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 558
    Which pcb(s) are you using?
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,548
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Which pcb(s) are you using?

Hori Mini 4 and PDP MKX. Diodes were required.
  • WHITE_4ND_N3RDYWHITE_4ND_N3RDY Joined: Posts: 104
    edited August 4
    That's super clean as always EJM. I might have to pick one of these up someday. Love that thick plexie!

Might as well give a preview of my newest build. Case is from All figjtsticks. I'll post pics here again when completed as it's going to be pretty sick in my opinion. I'll brag about everything inside when I update this but for now here's pics of my newest fightstick Case!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bxc43E-mo1hyakVSbTFLczFXNGs
    WHITE 4ND N3RDY: Acidmods admin, Controllermax staff member. Cement Masons Local 555, representing the triple nickel.
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 308
    Dude I like that little geif you have in top of your gamer tag
  • KlitzKlitz Joined: Posts: 30
    geni wrote: »
    Dude I like that little geif you have in top of your gamer tag

Thanks so much!! Gave @AtLaS808 an idea of what I wanted and he came through with a design I'm very happy with.
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 23
    Where can i get that type of neutrik connector that the Panzer 3 is using? Looks like the TE2 connection.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,451
    DAyala wrote: »
    Where can i get that type of neutrik connector that the Panzer 3 is using? Looks like the TE2 connection.
    It is the same connector/cable plug/jack/pinout as the TE2.

You get them from the ever-so-awesome @Jasen Hicks
    http://www.jasenscustoms.com/
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,328
    Thanks @FreedomGundam for pointing them over... and the kind words of course!

@dayla - Kit comes with everything. Mounting Plates, connector, gasket, screws, and of course the external cable.

2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 122
    bstu26 wrote: »
    Custom FH stealth build with a daredevil theme, first time trying to make a wire harness. Improvements to be made, any suggestions would be great :smile:

Love the red and white theme! Super jealous of that balltop.
  • bstu26bstu26 Joined: Posts: 11
    @saikofart thanks, its pretty big far as balltops go, its a seimitsu balltop if you want one
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 12
    torcid wrote: »
    It's very difficult to get a white Real Arcade Pro version here in Germany. If you can find one... it will be a very expensive catch!
    So i used the Ultra Ulia clone. The case build quality is great.
    That looks great. I'm about done with an all black HRAP3 and would love to do an all white version for player 2, the only white HRAP's I can find are super expensive tho. That case would work perfect but seems to be sold only in Europe.
  • torcidtorcid Joined: Posts: 34
    edited August 11
    Snubnoze wrote: »
    torcid wrote: »
    It's very difficult to get a white Real Arcade Pro version here in Germany. If you can find one... it will be a very expensive catch!
    So i used the Ultra Ulia clone. The case build quality is great.
    That looks great. I'm about done with an all black HRAP3 and would love to do an all white version for player 2, the only white HRAP's I can find are super expensive tho. That case would work perfect but seems to be sold only in Europe.

Thanks!

Yes, the white original HRAP is even second hand rare and very expensive . The clone case is basically the same. Even a bit better designed... Only the USB cable could be a bit larger. I might switch it...
    The threads of the case are made of iron and not plastic as usual. And you can easily open the case from above. You don't need to open the case from the bottom to unscrew the plexiglas cover and get inside(as with older HRAP versions).

For Seimitsu the SS mounting plate is the way to go. Otherwise the lever is too short.

But only available from France...
    Post edited by torcid on
  • PleasePlease Joined: Posts: 4
    jopamo wrote: »
    Amazing collection! I weep for that HRAP 2 though.
    Thanks!

I know the yellowing on my HRAP 2 is horrendous. It was already that way when I bought it. I think it must've sat in a window sill for years, or something.
    I'm a bit scared to bleach the case, though. A couple of years ago I once bleached a whole bunch of LEGO pieces that had yellowed (not quite using your method, but similar, in a "bath" of that stuff in the sun), and even though they came out looking nice and bright again, the plastic felt "different". They felt more brittle and didn't snap in the same way anymore. So I'm kind of hesitant to do that to my HRAP 2, as it's not an easy stick to replace.

edited August 12
    Submerge method of bleaching embrittles plastic. Topical brushing of the same solution prevents that.
    Ive done this to two Agetec sticks that I abuse on an almost daily basis. Fear not...be strong!
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 959
    OG VLX side panels are yellowing already? Wow..
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 959
    edited August 13
    jopamo wrote: »
    OG VLX side panels are yellowing already? Wow..

i did not even think to keep it out the light and it stayed in the same spot for a couple of years because i was using the diamond, and if anyone came round they would go for the vshg

althoug it could be years of cigarette smoke..........
    edited August 13
    Wow, you got an OG AND a Diamond. I'm jelly.

I'm not going to preach to you about the wonders of quitting smoking, but I smoked for 15 years and (ironically) I quit 10 years ago yesterday. Best decision I ever made in my life.

Do it for your VLXs!!
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 83
    Also from jasen's flickr as it's also on his twitter, while this one was an older art commission i did for a client, was really happy to see it applied to the stick itself.
    36141770050_f9d367d75e_o.png
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/megablazerboy) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 26
    9TsfqAa.jpg
    2BqFdxG.jpg

So, after the university laser cutter not arriving for months, and not being able to re-cut perspex after finding I misjudged the spacing on the bolts because the CNC machine broke, I bring you my masterpiece :P
    Good ol' superglue and 3D printing never fail :P

It may not be the best looking, but it's 100% my own hard work
    With at least a solid 90% love in there, the other 10% is physical constructs
    caballero wrote: »
    I just made my second arcade stick. I was looking for something I had lying around to turn into a stick as I had a spare set of buttons and remembered about this Milwaukee cordless drill box at work.
    I added a stainless plate to hold the buttons together. It opens and you can store things inside like the USB cable, a spare set of buttons, a pair of dualshock controllers or even the same cordless drill it came with. Hell, I might even make compartments for a few cans of beer.
    It only took 2 hours to make on a lazy afternoon and it turned out quite nicely.

It's simple, but elegant, I like it
    Liono_BO0o wrote: »
    Here's my latest creation

- solid wood case with black acrylic top
    - Crown CWL-309HELPME-K-JMS-ST35 joystick
    - Seimitsu PS-14-GN-C 30mm buttons
    - Seimitsu PS-14-DN-C 24mm buttons
    - Pad hacked Xbox One PCB

The back window is a little more tinted than I'd like so I'll be switching that out soon so it's a bit more transparent.

Hitbox is coming next.......

Dragon jesus fuck!
    Your cabling!
    So neat :O
    Make me feel real bad about how my padhack looks inside the box xD