Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,811
    ed1371 wrote: »

Very nice... what did you finish it with?

thanks all...
    i used Rustoleoum brand stain, Cabernet color, and glossy Poly coat. sanded the wood down to 600 grade (120, 220, 660) and did the stain for 3 days, and another 3 for the poly. One of the things i messed up with is that i had a few spots of glue residue which didn't sand down very well, so the stain didn't hold very much and have white splotches. again, part of the learning process i guess. and thanks for the tips.

as for the cord hole, yeah, i need to get a usb/rj45 mount in there (switchcraft i hear is the ones to go for wood mounts), i just needed to install a pcb for the meantime so its usable. i'll get to that eventually when i have more budget.

same goes for the plexi panel, there's no real way to lock it down, partly for convenience (since its not really done) and im still brainstorming on good ideas on what to use. (camlocks maybe?)

-h

Neodymium magnets like what FreedomGundam did.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,843
    I think Neodymium's going to be hot supply around here now.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • yogaboyyogaboy Joined: Posts: 65
    Project boxes for different PCBs: I have a PS360+ and a TvC-PCB wired already, I have extra boxes for a ChImp (for PSN-PS2 games) and soon an XBO controller (for KI). The project boxes fit inside the casing after you rip off the top panels.
    Is there any recent information about project boxes? All the threads I find after a search on srk are a few years old

Easiest solution that would please almost everyone -> a decent port. That is, the DC version of ST running on a PS4/XBOX.
    Difficult part -> get capcom involved. Whoever achieves that gets the golden egg and solves the problem for once and for all. Period ;)
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,350
    yogaboy wrote: »
    Project boxes for different PCBs: I have a PS360+ and a TvC-PCB wired already, I have extra boxes for a ChImp (for PSN-PS2 games) and soon an XBO controller (for KI). The project boxes fit inside the casing after you rip off the top panels.
    Is there any recent information about project boxes? All the threads I find after a search on srk are a few years old

What do you mean? What do you want to know about them?

• Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Look on the bright side,suicide. Joined: Posts: 967
    dej wrote: »
    Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Heres another

sweet, but if 6 button is doge, 8 is dick, does that mean 7 button is doge dick?
    The 7th button in actually a 2nd select button. Dude wanted it for plinking or option select, I forget

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,282
    That Asuka stick is too much awesome.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia
    Page 550 of this thread is amazing.
  • RoddyRoddy Count Blankula Joined: Posts: 112
    undamned wrote: »
    Namcobandai + Black Friday = all this for < $240 shipped:

For those curious, the numbers are: 408, 511, 659, and 667.
    -ud

"Brazilians live in a communist jungle and can't import stuff" envy here.
  • Cheap_ScrubCheap_Scrub Random Generic Bullshit Joined: Posts: 172
    vQ0O7WTl.jpg
    0hlQ81Ml.jpg
    8kMg5rQl.jpg

Took a Tekken Hybrid stick, made it even blacker. PAS aluminum bat top, shaft cover, washer and button caps. Jinxz' feet. Art's plexi top and bottom.

Getting the feet on with plexi bottom was tricky but adds to the mod being extremely subtle. The plungers being so black kind of gives the reverse of that dark hai look in the right light.
    edited December 2013
    Ballin. Black Plexi makes the case look hai. How do those aluminum button caps feel @cheap_scrub ? The only thing I would have done differently is making it Noir.
    Post edited by NENDO on
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 660
    ^^

"None more black."
    USFIV - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
  • nscnsc Stay free, it's the way to be Joined: Posts: 1,795
    What number was it @cheap_scrub
    PSN: iamnsc ~ Steam: nsc
    Ontario, Canada
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    i've been out of the loop for too long...lol. Undamned, all I see are some old games and four black boxes..
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    chuu wrote: »
    i've been out of the loop for too long...lol. Undamned, all I see are some old games and four black boxes..

It's the all black Tekken Hybrid TE-S. Twas on sale for like $60 included with 2 games on BF.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    edited December 2013
    Took a Tekken Hybrid stick, made it even blacker. PAS aluminum bat top, shaft cover, washer and button caps. Jinxz' feet. Art's plexi top and bottom.

Getting the feet on with plexi bottom was tricky but adds to the mod being extremely subtle. The plungers being so black kind of gives the reverse of that dark hai look in the right light.

a....aniki?

cept mine isnt a tekken stick. took an old RD1 stick, swapped the sides and arthong pieces, tekitty, silenced sanwa, optic whatchamacallit. stealth baby
    2013-12-16-848.jpg~original
    2013-12-16-850.jpg~original
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • Cheap_ScrubCheap_Scrub Random Generic Bullshit Joined: Posts: 172
    defghui wrote: »
    a....aniki?
    Oh-hoho. That is beautiful, where'd you get the bolts for the top? Those are fucking tough looking. I was considering taking out the turbo panel, but sometimes use the home button. Silenced my buttons as well and purchased a Rollie Flash I'm considering installing.
    nsc wrote: »
    What number was it @cheap_scrub
    I think it was like 391, not an interesting number.
    iNENDOi wrote: »
    Ballin. Black Plexi makes the case look hai. How do those aluminum button caps feel @cheap_scrub ? The only thing I would have done differently is making it Noir.
    I was considering going noir as well, but still wanted to have the feel of the metal panel underneath and the mounting holes would have kind of got in the way to the look I think. So I may just pick up a metal SCV panel if one pops up, I've seen those floating around.

The caps feel okay. They're similar, but a bit bigger because they're flat. So without the convex, they're about as tall, the edges of the button just take up more space. Two don't fit super snugly onto their plungers though, so it ruins the stealthiness just so slightly. I don't know if the inconsistency is with the plunger, the cap, or just a bad combination of the two. I'll figure it out later.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,647
    oh, is it Tekken hybrid stick show-off time? haha

i got mine a week ago, but let me post it :v

tumblr_mxd5hlZ9S31rmse96o2_1280.jpg
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod

Might I suggest by starting with you documenting your arcade stick collection and then having other people write up descriptions of the various sticks (parts, special features, converter compatibility, availability, etc.; some sort of template?). Same thing for converters though this section should be easy as if this site is looking at "Tech Talk" approved then the converter section would, I believe, consist of descriptions of exactly four converters (2x PS2 -> PS3 & 2x PS2 -> 360).

Documenting my arcade stick collection will be tough. But yeah, I'm working on a general template for each stick entry and converter entry. I think I'm going to do gamepads too.
    edited December 2013
    I love how many people picked up two copies of SCV, I bet gamestop is so confused at all these namco used games being traded in.

Also, I'M SUPER SALTY AT ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS WHO PICKED UP TTT2 ON PS3 IN THAT BUNDLE WHEN YOU ALREADY HAD TTT2.
    ;-; I wish I had a TT2, but I'll live, because namco 3D fighters isn't my jam anyways, you can hold that shit. 2D for life.

Hibachi (mmmm delicious, did you know the zoo can ban you for life if they catch you cooking up penguin meat?) what number is your hybrid?
    MarkMan wrote: »
    Documenting my arcade stick collection will be tough. But yeah, I'm working on a general template for each stick entry and converter entry. I think I'm going to do gamepads too.

Man, you're setting out to write THE COMPLETE MARKMAN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FIGHTING GAME PERIPHERALS Subtitled: "I'm going in"

You have such courage.
    Ontario, Canada
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,843
    Just be careful, MarkMan. We've seen pictures of inside your house. If we don't hear from you for a few days, we're calling 911 to your home just to make sure you didn't die in an arcade stick avalanche.

Although I'm sure that may be one of the ways you'd be happiest going out, we're not letting you go that easily.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    defghui wrote: »
    a....aniki?
    Oh-hoho. That is beautiful, where'd you get the bolts for the top? Those are fucking tough looking. I was considering taking out the turbo panel, but sometimes use the home button. Silenced my buttons as well and purchased a Rollie Flash I'm considering installing.

i got those on ebay from some rc car parts sellers. just googled (or rather asked on here) about bolt sizes and bam. aluminum finishing washers (cast, not stamped) and titanium countersunk hex screws. they came in a pack of 10 for less than 10 bucks i think. if i can find the link i'll post later. if only they had em in black...
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
  • dondrikdondrik cyber101 Joined: Posts: 4
    i have a Custom fightstick, but is For pc/ps2/ps3/
  • Lord_AukiLord_Auki Joined: Posts: 15
    I call my Tekken Hybrid "The Stealth Stick"...or Betsy.
  • JbstormburstADVJbstormburstADV Joined: Posts: 46
    I know I'm LttP, but holy seven hells, that modular stick is BASED GOD! Now, if only it had a Noir/Astro board...
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Lord_Auki wrote: »
    I call your avatar Betsy.
    -ud
  • PapinguimPapinguim Joined: Posts: 308
    I hope the next TE will have 6 buttons.
    Just get plugs + custom art + custom plexi.
    Ontario, Canada
  • Lord_AukiLord_Auki Joined: Posts: 15
    undamned wrote: »
    Lord_Auki wrote: »
    I call your avatar Betsy.
    -ud

His name is El Hombre Lagarto
  • DarkbladeVDarkbladeV Joined: Posts: 13
    i just ordered the eightarc fusion ebony and i am stoooooooooked, i want it so bad, im ready to start customizing it, such a wicked looking stick to have
    fortune favors the wicked
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    eczangief: Amazing how you did that. Why the extended shaft, though?
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    Same question. That shaft seems really long. Personal preference?
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    edited December 2013
    IMHO....

The Suzo is just too beastly to be used with a balltop mounted at the standard JP height. The throw feels bigger this way, and is more optimized for fighting games. For me, this is more like the stock Suzo, but feels a little more familiar.

Hmmm, I guess I could try it at the traditional height with a softer spring, but somehow I don't think that will feel right. Worth a shot though.

At any rate, it doesn't feel at all strange because I've played on Happ sticks quite a bit.
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.