Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• LeSageLeSage Knowledge Is Power Joined: Posts: 171
    http://joystickvault.com/data/869/medium/tounament-edition-top.jpg

I went for a "button key" on the bottom left of the art instead of listing what button is what by each button since it always seemed to mess with the cleanness of the design. This stick is for ps3 and 360 so its good to have a quick reference of what button does what for each system. Don't think I have seen anyone do it this way. Design by me. Art cut and plexi by Arthong.

Nice, like the button key idea too.
    Agree with the six button layout...fighters aren't meant to be played seriously with macros...
    especially at a competitive level...theres a reason it takes 3 buttons to do an ultra...theres
    a reason why some moves are more difficult to pull off than others...
  • LuppyLuptoniumLuppyLuptonium Entertainer Supreme. Joined: Posts: 237
    I like 8 button layouts because they give me flexability. I play street fighter and most 6 button games with a typical 6 button layout. but I like using just the top or bottom row for Blaz Blue or an old SNK fighter. I don't want to comment further because it's off topic. and that two player layout up there is awesome and original.... Way to rebel against a streaight arcade copy layout, while still giving the feel of one.
    I wish I had a pencil thin mustache...
  • raeliraeli Showtime! Joined: Posts: 3,905
    Only.. that's not how the layout is in any arcade game, it's never been 4 straight.

You're just mashing 3p/3k, don't lie.
    themightyraeli
    I'm free.
  • jamesmilksjamesmilks Joined: Posts: 124
    that dual stick is the sickness. i want something like that as well. no artwork even needed!
    Psn - Milksinyomouth
  • NeoChaosXNeoChaosX loves violin music Joined: Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The seventh and eight buttons are at times needed for the console ports, though. I know in BlazBlue, if you want to look beyond the first pages of results for a Quick Match online, you have to use LT and RT (which aren't on my stick). And anybody who didn't wire the bumpers in a 360 stick is boned trying to navigate KOFXII's menus.

I really like how the VSHG did it - six main buttons, and the remaining buttons as small and out-of-the-way yet still accessible.
    Steam/CFN: NeoChaos | PSN: NeoChaosX
    Project Justice: Yurika/Chairperson/Kurow | SFV: Karin | DOA5LR: Helena | Tekken 7: Lili
  • comoesacomoesa not too bad.. Joined: Posts: 1,172
    I just spent a good minute examining the pirate stick show.
    FOREVER NEVERMORE
  • bonjbonj You may call me G. Joined: Posts: 51
    Finally got around to finishing my 2 player setup. No parts yet, but at least the case is done.

x

x

x

Are those parts vacuformed?
    Octogenarian who fights stringently with ingenuity. Generally unsuited to the fighting genre after generous nerfs in the 2nd-gen SFIV. Has stamina of the gentler gender. Can't generate genuine wins.
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,322 mod

Wireless dual system stick with sixaxis PCB and common ground Xbox 360 pcb switched using a DB-25 switch mounted in back cable port for system select.

Finally got the art switched out. I did the actual mod (adding the PCB's and switch) like 4 months ago but have been using button plugs over the outer two buttons with the original art. Eight buttons on a stick never feels right to me.

I went for a "button key" on the bottom left of the art instead of listing what button is what by each button since it always seemed to mess with the cleanness of the design. This stick is for ps3 and 360 so its good to have a quick reference of what button does what for each system. Don't think I have seen anyone do it this way. Design by me. Art cut and plexi by Arthong.

The system select dial / switch on the left. Dual USB Ports mounted inside the TE's USB cable holder on the right side. The black port is for the Playstation 3, the Silver port is for the xbox 360 connected to the pcb via play and charge kit.

Nice stick Fallback, We gotta talk sticks. :D
    Only.. that's not how the layout is in any arcade game, it's never been 4 straight.

You're just mashing 3p/3k, don't lie.
    Raeli's right. Try going to a real sfiv arcade and see if they have the 3p and 3k buttons and use those.. :lame:
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    ...I know in BlazBlue, if you want to look beyond the first pages of results for a Quick Match online, you have to use LT and RT (which aren't on my stick)....

Yeah, I noticed this too. You need those in SFIV to go through the different icons/titles. I don't know if there's any other way to scroll through them but I couldn't find one last time I tried.

It sucks, but I gotta go with Raeli and some of the others here- 8 button layout is not how it is in the arcade, and by extension not how the games were originally designed to be played. Obsiously it's not like it doesn't work, but I just like it as true to the arcade experience as possible. Acceptable maybe if you're forced to play on pad, but on an arcade stick I think using button macros is just lame...
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,322 mod
    Yes. 8 buttons is definitely acceptable on a Sixaxis Controller or 360 Controller. It's extremely difficult getting the timing right on an ultra when the buttons are positioned in different areas within the controller.
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
  • haha im a pandahaha im a panda It's a codename. Joined: Posts: 282
    Are those parts vacuformed?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=185093

MDF and Fiberglass.
    "Stole signs for make benefit glorious custom arcade stick"
  • Sugar_KaneSugar_Kane Joined: Posts: 497
    Yeah, I noticed this too. You need those in SFIV to go through the different icons/titles. I don't know if there's any other way to scroll through them but I couldn't find one last time I tried.

It sucks, but I gotta go with Raeli and some of the others here- 8 button layout is not how it is in the arcade, and by extension not how the games were originally designed to be played. Obsiously it's not like it doesn't work, but I just like it as true to the arcade experience as possible. Acceptable maybe if you're forced to play on pad, but on an arcade stick I think using button macros is just lame...

Personally I much prefer the cleaner look of six buttons, but I chose to put 8 on the face of my stick because I wanted to cover all of the buttons on the sixaxis so that I'd be prepared for any game that I chose to use it with. I just ignore the extra 2 when I play sf.
  • JJL-Z33JJL-Z33 Joined: Posts: 150
    Wireless dual system stick with sixaxis PCB and common ground Xbox 360 pcb switched using a DB-25 switch mounted in back cable port for system select.

Finally got the art switched out. I did the actual mod (adding the PCB's and switch) like 4 months ago but have been using button plugs over the outer two buttons with the original art. Eight buttons on a stick never feels right to me

The system select dial / switch on the left. Dual USB Ports mounted inside the TE's USB cable holder on the right side. The black port is for the Playstation 3, the Silver port is for the xbox 360 connected to the pcb via play and charge kit.

nice stick! i'm halfway through my dual wireless mod also. got pics of the guts? quite interested in how you got it working. mines will be running on 1 usb cable for charging and ps3 sync and a sync button for xbox side w/ a switch to choose which system to run. i should be done soon i'm just slacking cause i'm focused on comestics ... lol
  • FallbackFallback joystickvault.com Joined: Posts: 266
    I took pics while I was doing the mod but that was like 4 months ago lol. I cant find that memory card right now but I will look again.

Essentially what I did was dremel the shit out of the case inside to fit in the db-25 switch. The ps3 pcb and axis adapter is on the bottom right under the bottom panel. The 360 pcb is on the top (main area in the stick) under and to the left of the joystick, I used 2 barrier strips... one large one and a smaller second one for the second ps3 grounds. I put the barrier strips in the same spot where the madcatz one was located. My sync button is the turbo button. The home button is also the guide.

Six buttons just feels the right way to me. All that P+P+P and K+K+K button crap just doesn't seem right or fair. Also I have been playing with six button for so long that the extra two buttons annoy me. Im old school for sure. lol
    hadojo.com | joystickvault.com
  • apex27apex27 leveling up Joined: Posts: 348

== a ton of work. kudos man. I've used FG plenty on my race bike bodywork and it is not easy to make it look so nice.
    Neal (old school arcade rat)
    SSF4: Can't decide
    HDR: Deejay, Dictator
    A2: Rose, Chun
  • PillarOfHeavenPillarOfHeaven Shoshin Joined: Posts: 278
    are those Sitong sticks? did u become their US vendors? woah thats good
    i dunno if it s true or not but your stick (those in your website too) are extremely similar to theirs :D

yup, I am the official north america rep for them now. :)
  • UpasUpas MD's Stick Guy Joined: Posts: 824
    nice stick! i'm halfway through my dual wireless mod also. got pics of the guts? quite interested in how you got it working. mines will be running on 1 usb cable for charging and ps3 sync and a sync button for xbox side w/ a switch to choose which system to run. i should be done soon i'm just slacking cause i'm focused on comestics ... lol

Look for a dual wireless mod thread here in tech talk. Gummowned did one of these mods. I think hes working on PCB to help with it.
    Personally I much prefer the cleaner look of six buttons, but I chose to put 8 on the face of my stick because I wanted to cover all of the buttons on the sixaxis so that I'd be prepared for any game that I chose to use it with. I just ignore the extra 2 when I play sf.

I was just thinking of this... I don't see why people don't put the triggers/missing 2 buttons somewhere else on the stick, say on one of the sides or the back with the start/select/home buttons. I might make a stick showing that just as a concept.
    Ask me about my Stick Modding... if I'm not super busy!
    SF4 - Cammy
    T6 - Lili
  • michalcoughlinmichalcoughlin Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 149
    dbbl post
    Criminal Upper
    i can't stand 8 button layouts.

SF4 uses 8 buttons. Thanks for coming out ..

x,a,y,b,lt,lb,rt,rb

I use all 8 =/ so i dont see why a fightstick wouldn't.

but everyone has there preferences.
    Criminal Upper
  • Tek_Tek_ Down Back Joined: Posts: 85
    i dont see how ppl play SF4 without 8 buttons =/ i find that kinda....0dd.

Yeah, I wonder how all those people manage to play in the arcades...
  • AndyFreak457AndyFreak457 Joined: Posts: 143
    Celebrating my first post with my new Custom Stick

100_0931.jpg
    Hey guys...........Tekken :p

http://www.youtube.com/user/DDRfreak457
  • HvEHvE Sidebet LIVE? Joined: Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I personally really like the original artwork on the SE stick, but wanted my stick to look a bit more unique, so I gave it a paintjob:

ModdedSELime-001.jpg

2060548.jpg

2060549.jpg

2060550.jpg

2060552.jpg

Lime Green spray paint with a layer of enamel

Dual modded using cthulhu board. Replaced stick with Seimitsu LS-32-01 + round gate and first 6 buttons with Seimitsu clear plunger, green body buttons

My camera sux, I know :(
    HvE's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hveq
    [mtler] 4:09 pm: mike how about you post this on srk:
    [MTLSF]: mtler has left at 4:09 pm
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    Look for a dual wireless mod thread here in tech talk. Gummowned did one of these mods. I think hes working on PCB to help with it.

The way I did my dual wireless is completely different than Fallback's method. I did a common ground mod on the sixaxis controller where as Fallback used a DB-25 switch to switch between all of the button signals and common gnd/lines of the two controllers. Pretty clever.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    I personally really like the original artwork on the SE stick, but wanted my stick to look a bit more unique, so I gave it a paintjob:

*awesome Lime Green Paintjob*

Lime Green spray paint with a layer of enamel

Dual modded using cthulhu board. Replaced stick with Seimitsu LS-32-01 + round gate and first 6 buttons with Seimitsu clear plunger, green body buttons

My camera sux, I know :(

I WANT THAT PAINTJOB! Great work man!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Just finished my SE fight stick. I posted the template in the template thread but I wanted to show the finished product. Character is Aegis from Persona 3

th_IMG_01545.jpg

th_IMG_0158.jpg

th_IMG_0155.jpg
    i can't stand 8 button layouts.

no one cares =/
    Criminal Upper
  • HvEHvE Sidebet LIVE? Joined: Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I care...

btw, it looks as if you replied to his post not once, but twice......... feeling forgetful lately?

oh and thank you for your kind words LuppyLuptonium
    HvE's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hveq
    [mtler] 4:09 pm: mike how about you post this on srk:
    [MTLSF]: mtler has left at 4:09 pm
  • HalvieHalvie Joined: Posts: 801
    no one cares =/

and no one gives a fuck that you like 8....how long till I can neg rep you again
    I made a separate thread for this..... Pics, coments on sticks, OR GET OUT!

And Jlew.... I think that would look awesome with one of Arts transparent blue washers.
    no one cares =/

lol, obviously YOU care since you respoded to the same comment twice, and left another useless "dbbl post" comment... get it all out yet?

SFIV console menu uses 8 buttons I guess... but no, actual game play doesn't use 8 buttons, hence the 6 buttons on the arcade cabinet. The console version just allows you to use 8 buttons, in case you have a pad or you can't figure out how to hit 3 buttons at once like everyone who plays it in the arcade is able to do...

P.S.- you only need to quote and reply to this once. :shake:

and no one gives a fuck that you like 8....how long till I can neg rep you again
    helped you out with that one :coffee:
  • QancerQancer Joined: Posts: 252
    yess its finally complete!
    sorry for the bad quality, iphone ... as you can see in the reflection lol
    stick made by souji and modified by hahano!
    artwork vectorization done by me :) inspired by a lost project from dragonkahn
    1-1.jpg
    DSC00828.jpg
    3.jpg
    inside wiring inspired by x9 :)
    DSC00830.jpg
    here is the family now
    from top left
    TE stick
    noel stick - zerolionheart
    ken - souji + hahano
    himura - bonebreak
    5.jpg

all i need now is a stick from x9, TMO, and stevetren (was about to buy the cherry stick :crybaby: )

thanks all!
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
    wow nice job on that stick Qancer. Love the art, and clean wiring. What is the case made out of? You should post some regular camera pics when you get the chance :razzy:
  • QancerQancer Joined: Posts: 252
    wow nice job on that stick Qancer. Love the art, and clean wiring. What is the case made out of? You should post some regular camera pics when you get the chance :razzy:

its made out of poplar

i jacked a few high quality pics. i lost the charger for my digi cam :(
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 780
    DSC00581.jpg
    DSC00582.jpg

My stick, redone! =)
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

• Crown ClownCrown Clown Joined: Posts: 39

Extremely nice the whole thing is mdf right ?
  • Seoul StyleSeoul Style Global Admnistrator Joined: Posts: 187
    yess its finally complete!
    sorry for the bad quality, iphone ... as you can see in the reflection lol
    stick made by souji and modified by hahano!
    artwork vectorization done by me :) inspired by a lost project from dragonkahn
    inside wiring inspired by x9 :)
    here is the family now
    from top left
    TE stick
    noel stick - zerolionheart
    ken - souji + hahano
    himura - bonebreak

all i need now is a stick from x9, TMO, and stevetren (was about to buy the cherry stick :crybaby: )

thanks all!
    Awesome stick, that's a sweet collection you have there!
  • souji5souji5 You got Paid son Joined: Posts: 867
    Alrighty here is one of the last of the last before break, this was one of my favorite poplars to build as the wood had figuring in it almost like maple lol

For sale now in the BST forum

No artwork yet just flimsy white paper for display purposes

Stick features:

MC cthulhu -can be upgraded for ps2/ps1 or dual modded down the line to keep the cost of stickbuying down.
    Happ/iL competition stick (white)
    8 button astro city layout (4black 4white) Sanwa 30mm
    2 st/sl 24mm (white)
    Poplar case stained honey maple w/ lexan top and thick lexan bottom
    Nuetrik

s6302105.png

s6302109.png

s6302106.png

s6302108.jpg

s6302107.jpg
    www.soujistiks.com - Quality Custom Arcade Sticks and Cases
    *2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year*
  • PrincePrince Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 215
    very nice
    Horizontalballlife
  • Kaytrim's KustomsKaytrim's Kustoms Kustom Stick Builder Joined: Posts: 1,202
    Alrighty here is one of the last of the last before break, this was one of my favorite poplars to build as the wood had figuring in it almost like maple lol

For sale now in the BST forum

No artwork yet just flimsy white paper for display purposes

Stick features:

MC cthulhu -can be upgraded for ps2/ps1 or dual modded down the line to keep the cost of stickbuying down.
    Happ/iL competition stick (white)
    8 button astro city layout (4black 4white) Sanwa 30mm
    2 st/sl 24mm (white)
    Poplar case stained honey maple w/ lexan top and thick lexan bottom
    Nuetrik

Now that is something you don't see. I know that poplar can have some figure in it but not a tiger stripe like that piece. Nice find and well done case.

Michael
    Visit my site to see what I have for sale: http://www.kaytrimskustoms.com
    Visit my blog for updates: http://kaytrimskustoms.wordpress.com/

< AV by GuMz
  • souji5souji5 You got Paid son Joined: Posts: 867
    very nice

Now that is something you don't see. I know that poplar can have some figure in it but not a tiger stripe like that piece. Nice find and well done case.

Michael

I know! I spent a good minute looking through the primestock bin and could believe what I saw when I pulled that board out :) Thanks very much for the compliment :wgrin:
    www.soujistiks.com - Quality Custom Arcade Sticks and Cases
    *2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year*