Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• deaded by pandadeaded by panda Joined: Posts: 306
    Redid my HRAP EX again...got bored of orange and blanka.

monst.jpg

monstt.jpg
    i suck at video games
  • KhmergamerKhmergamer Yo Joined: Posts: 42
    Just finish a couple day ago with some help from dhgriff9. Would liked to finish it sooner but the part took like 3 week to come in after I order it. I am very happy on how it came out.

Planning on doing a dual ps3/xbox360 pcb mod as soon as I learn how to :lovin:

IMG_3217.jpg
  • PANDEMlCPANDEMlC Joined: Posts: 117
    anyone know where I can order a custom TE stick?
    SF5: Birdie, Fang, Zangief, Urien, Alex
    MKX: Quan Chi, Predator, Jason
    GG: Faust
  • OrphenOrphen Joined: Posts: 570
    Before I clicked that link I knew exactly which one you were talking about. I'm not a fan of that style (the panel hanging over the near side of the base like that), but that thing was kick ass.

I agree that it kicks ass, it looks amazing to me.
  • DominicanPowerDominicanPower Shit Iz Real Joined: Posts: 1,064
    :tup:
  • Trevor spencerTrevor spencer Joined: Posts: 192
    Very pleased , thanks ART

Ikaruga HRAP1 - Full Seimitsu inc LS-32 and Buttons , made just for shmups

Also incs DB15 for use with supergun and many project boxes i have

I have a sanwa stick for fighters that will be finished soon

looks like new now and its about 5-6 years old and well used

DS164001.jpg

DS164003.jpg

DS164006.jpg

DS164007.jpg

DS164008.jpg

oh yeah and not to forget the bottom , got that painted too

DS164015.jpg

Insides are pretty tidy but i cant be arsed to up it up again

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,842
    My first time modding a stick, photo was done under tungsten lighting with an old camera on a tripod so I will change it tommorow if I remember.

stickresize.jpg

Kind of got a few rough edges with my cutting but it's minor enough that I don't mind enough to get my art printed off and take my stick apart again to fix it.

Full sanwa buttons and a JLF with a seimitsu bubbletop.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • michalcoughlinmichalcoughlin Shoryuken Joined: Posts: 149
    and no one gives a fuck that you like 8....how long till I can neg rep you again

And you care about smites and positive feedbacks.

I just state an opinion, it's not my fault that you get offended so easily. Expecially in a forum.

Stating an opinion, you get smited.

Lawl..
    Criminal Upper
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    And you care about smites and positive feedbacks.

I just state an opinion, it's not my fault that you get offended so easily. Expecially in a forum.

Lawl..

lol, yeah right dude. Quoting people and saying shit like "no one cares" etc, is not stating an opinion, it's just trying to be insulting. YOU are the one that seems to have gotten offended by someone elses opinion, and felt the need to respond (twice for some reason) with snide remarks. If you're gonna do that, don't act like like you're some kind of victim when you get it fed back to you...

:lame:
  • QancerQancer Joined: Posts: 252
    My first time modding a stick, photo was done under tungsten lighting with an old camera on a tripod so I will change it tommorow if I remember.

x

Kind of got a few rough edges with my cutting but it's minor enough that I don't mind enough to get my art printed off and take my stick apart again to fix it.

Full sanwa buttons and a JLF with a seimitsu bubbletop.

very clean i like it

but i hate rachel :( i get owned by her
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,976
  • HalvieHalvie Joined: Posts: 801

read your last couple replies in this thread....fucking joke post?
  • lackerlacker Joined: Posts: 183
    Last one until more tools

I have tried to cut plexiglass a few times, every time with bad results. I want to buy and learn how to use a table saw and a router but until then, this last stick made with 2 lids from Michael's craft boxes is going to have to do.

JLF w/ sanwa buttons and cuthulu.

orange1.jpg
    orange2.jpg
    orange3.jpg
    orange4.jpg
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,174
    Nice Budget stick. I saw those Micheal's craft boxes. They felt like Balsa Wood so the added Plexi was a must for those. But as a temporary play box goes if it works and you can play, good job.

Also that Ikaruga stick is Dope.
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,976
    Toss some ebony stain and some poly/spar urethane on that budget box and color the brackets (or get a countersink for outside screws and place the brackets inside), and you're good to go! :D
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Here's my SE Fightstick. I took the sanwa buttons and JLF from my old stick and put them in this one.
    mwrsp0.jpg

I also added a usb outlet so I could have a detatchable cable for nicer storage.
    5od1n7.jpg
    a3z9sw.jpg

here's the inside. I didn't want to cut the usb cable to shorten it, so i just wrapped it around the outsides.
    2j0mhyu.jpg

I'll probably be looking for some different colored buttons. I was thinking maybe 6 black and 2 dark hai buttons, and a gray ball top.
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862
    Here's my arcade stick:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/408/img0453y.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2953/img0455s.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/253/img0457t.jpg

**removed the direct to img links, since apparently they too big!! so click to see...ill shrink em soon enough

Pictures were taken w/ my phone so not that great. I made the template myself...worked hard!! haha im no wizard with photoshop but i liked how it turned out. It sports my two mains in SF4 and BB, so I like!! Thanks to arts dustwashers and plexi it came out exactly as I wanted. Now for the Irony....As soon as I finished installing all of the components it began to show the symptoms of a defective PCB and is currently just an expensive huge paperweight.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=178112

, so pretty down about that. Going to call Madcatz to see if they can send me a new one, and hopefully remedy the problem. So.. yeah also, i should of asked art to cut the middle screws because now the cardstock is bending in the middle, not that noticeable, but hey....
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

• lackerlacker Joined: Posts: 183
    Toss some ebony stain and some poly/spar urethane on that budget box and color the brackets (or get a countersink for outside screws and place the brackets inside), and you're good to go! :D

I have a countersink and it didn't even occur to me to place them inside. Not a bad idea.
  • weezy58weezy58 Lost TE in mail... Joined: Posts: 432
    Another NES fightstick...

ok, here's my second stick...this time did it all on my own with much reading from the forums. i know someone has already made a stick from an NES, but i had to make my own too!
    l_06f5fa5be7cf4532a44ce068b773c9b0.jpg
    power is the pause button and reset is the select button. took out the metal clip to get rid of the hold on the power button.
    l_766eeb18a8404aa5af148194766cabc5.jpg
    if you look closely, you will notice that i drilled the lp and lk buttons too close as opposed to the others, eh...thats what i get for using a handrill...:wonder:
    l_e1541a2849e0470ea8defcdc8164ff38.jpg
    i also took apart the NES controller socket and wired a USB to the end of it so my stick and charge via controller port 1. pretty short though
    l_7c69d2eef2194881b34aeca3232f70ef.jpg

the inside is messy, but i plan to clean it up when i find time...wiring is crappy, but works for me
    l_5265575f49804f3885e91f51db973175.jpg

for anyone trying to add weight to their fightstick, i found these heavy, quarter inch thick square washers from home depot in the hardware section. they go for 82 cents each. they are circled in red. the NES itself gutted is super light...hot glued 8 off these bad boys and my stick ain't going nowhere

oh yeah...after wiring, totally forget to drill a hole for the PS button. so i just slapped a madcatz spare button inside the NES, accessible through the game cartridge opening...plan to do it eventually. ghetto as hell...
    l_3d88a6aa6e9d49d79b6fcafaa9adf0bb.jpg

Thanks to shoryuken forums for all the info, especially to shinJN, aggrastat, and boogahh for parts and videos! NO SOLDERING, YEAH!!! :rofl:
  • ProphestusProphestus Martial Masters LP Joined: Posts: 336
    ^thats an awesome stick, and theres some really clean amazing sticks in here
  • TrexidTrexid Don't look! Joined: Posts: 165
    That NES stick is really cool, very creative work with the controller port. My only complaint would be that it's too light I wouldn't be able to execute moves efficiently but I can definitely look past that because after all it is a NES!
    Showdown Tournaments - Twitter | YouTube | Justin.tv | Facebook
    Trying to modify my arcade joystick . i connected the "x" and "y" button and they are ok and show up on the game. but the "a" and "b" button are not activated. "a" only works on the menu screen. HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!
    That nintendo stick is awesome :)
    That NES stick is really cool, very creative work with the controller port. My only complaint would be that it's too light I wouldn't be able to execute moves efficiently but I can definitely look past that because after all it is a NES!

yeah, that's true...the first time i tried playing with it, damn stick almost flew off the table trying to do a 360 piledriver. but if you check the pictures i posted, i added those square, lead washers. all in all it weighs a good 3-5 pounds!
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,321 mod
    DSC00115.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg
    DSC00117.jpg
    Mod for a friend. Cthulhu and thanks to the person that inspired me to stick something up on the switches. (Wii Fighting stick)
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
  • arthongarthong Art's Hobbies - Plexi Dude Joined: Posts: 800
    Gundam Mania!

Full TE Gundam Theme... with the works. New Bottom Plexi and Side plexi project.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Side Plexi - also makes taking the Start/Select buttons much easier to take out in the future.

3.jpg

Bottom plexi. It's like having a big frame!
    4.jpg

For those curious about the TE Side plexi, here's a youtube video on how it works and eases future 24mm swapping for the TE.

Now to order Seimitsu Clear 24mm buttons =)
    Plexi-covers and Etchings for your TE, HRAP, VSHG & More to come.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/61858/
    My Website : http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies
  • meusmeus Joined: Posts: 2,051
    Full TE Gundam Theme... with the works. New Bottom Plexi and Side plexi project.

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//1.jpg
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//2.jpg

Side Plexi - also makes taking the Start/Select buttons much easier to take out in the future.

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//3.jpg

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//4.jpg

For those curious about the TE Side plexi, here's a youtube video on how it works and eases future 24mm swapping for the TE.

Nice work arthong like always and great job doing almost full custom plexi for TE
    Meus
    i fvcjumkne love street fighter
    tyhank you shoryuken1!!!!!!
    àlso nammers with fake tittieeeees
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,842

snip

snip

snip

Wow thats awesome, you going to be using it to play that old gundam fighting game on a snes emulater?
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Wow thats awesome, you going to be using it to play that old gundam fighting game on a snes emulater?

I sure as hell would if I had a Gundam themed Mad Catz FightStick Tournament Edition! :wow:

That's some seriously epic plexi work you've done there arthong! What crazy thing will you offer next for the TE? Plexiglass cable storage door? Plexiglass side bezel replacement? There's just no stopping you man! :pray:
  • kelcoachkelcoach Joined: Posts: 29
    Very pleased , thanks ART

Ikaruga HRAP1 - Full Seimitsu inc LS-32 and Buttons , made just for shmups

Also incs DB15 for use with supergun and many project boxes i have

I have a sanwa stick for fighters that will be finished soon

looks like new now and its about 5-6 years old and well used

oh yeah and not to forget the bottom , got that painted too

Insides are pretty tidy but i cant be arsed to up it up again

Dude, that stick is nice. It makes me want one in a similar vein.
    "Time to get paid!" - Balrog

"1:09 dandahman: momochi has a godlike flowchart ken "
  • HighOnFiberHighOnFiber FIGHTNATIONEX Joined: Posts: 32
    3792440082_bc6bc05415.jpg

3791627045_ae86dec2b9.jpg

3792441422_b3e998391c.jpg

Finished this last night, still thinking about adding some custom art to go with the buttons and balltop.

8 Sanwa OBSF-30's
    2 Sanwa OBSF-24's
    1 Seimitsu clear blue ball top
    O HAI.
  • PHATAL PHDPHATAL PHD UMvC3 Trainee Joined: Posts: 801
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/3792440082_bc6bc05415.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2152/3791627045_ae86dec2b9.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2564/3792441422_b3e998391c.jpg

Finished this last night, still thinking about adding some custom art to go with the buttons and balltop.

8 Sanwa OBSF-30's
    2 Sanwa OBSF-24's
    1 Seimitsu clear blue ball top

Nice to see what you're playing on Fiber. Looks like you got the same color buttons as i do on my custom stick. How long it take you to get your parts?
    Dudes is salty, I'm fond of the sodium...Anticipating shots like Obama at the podium ~ Buddens
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,065
    Hey everyone,

Just finished another stick. This one is for a freind of mine who mains chunli & sakura and wanted something abit funky looking. So I went with some vibrant colours and wood to give it abit of a twist.

This case is only 9.5"wide externally and probably the smallest one I built so far.

It feels damn comfortable stranglet enough!

Again, sanwa parts through out.

Chunli_Sakura_2.JPG

Chunli_Sakura_1.jpg

Chunli_Sakura_3.JPG

Chunli_Sakura_6.JPG

Chunli_Sakura_4.JPG

Chunli_Sakura_5.JPG
    sick stick b15...
    one question though...where did you get that USB port for the front? i was looking for something like that on my last stick project and couldn't find one. I also see a few other ppl using them on sticks. So can you tell me where to get them?

but overall...really impressive stick. I like the beveling on the sides, and the dark wood stain. I like how slim it looks too, is there a hacked PCB in there?
    Dudes is salty, I'm fond of the sodium...Anticipating shots like Obama at the podium ~ Buddens
  • JJL-Z33JJL-Z33 Joined: Posts: 150

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//1.jpg
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//2.jpg

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//3.jpg

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/images/show/gundam//4.jpg

thats really neat. got any shots to see how flush it sits on the case (sides an bottom)?
  • b15sdmb15sdm Well-Known Member Joined: Posts: 1,065
    sick stick b15...
    one question though...where did you get that USB port for the front? i was looking for something like that on my last stick project and couldn't find one. I also see a few other ppl using them on sticks. So can you tell me where to get them?

but overall...really impressive stick. I like the beveling on the sides, and the dark wood stain. I like how slim it looks too, is there a hacked PCB in there?

I bought them on Ebay but later found out it can be bought from any good electrical supplier. Its made by "Neutriks" something like that
    I bought them on Ebay but later found out it can be bought from any good electrical supplier. Its made by "Neutriks" something like that

thanks man, i found that nuetriks company, hopefully i can find some other place that sells em as well.
  • ReyalsReyals Joined: Posts: 144
    Been a while since I've had time to work on sticks but I'm building/modding/putting together a few this week. Iphone pics is all I can do till I get a decent camera. My old sticks are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35398677@N05/

First, my wired X360 stick with extra stiff springs and a bat top (just experimenting to see if I like it). Used to have yellow sanwa buttons till I found out two of them were fakes and the other 4 buttons were long switch versions which wasn't comfortable for me. Btw, using an extension cord with the madcatz X360 pcb won't register a mic as always being plugged in like it does in the MSFT x360 pcb.

3791906721_d621e6c4b8_b.jpg
    3791907657_c9e53ceacf_b.jpg
    3791907235_5c88203e98_b.jpg

Next, my wireless PS3 stick thanks to Voltech. Sixaxis adapter. 1 scratch/crack on the bottom right but I think I can ignore it . The protective cover over the plexi was perfect when I got it. Probably a manufacturer defect. Also has Neutrik adapter that you can't see.

3791908087_019272a299_b.jpg
    3791908499_4524d77377_b.jpg

Modded PS3 Madcatz TE that I will mod again when I get the time. Currently being used as one of my goto stick at work for BlazBlue/SF4 during lunch/breaks. Blue adapter looking thing in that back is my breakaway cable for when we accidentally trip over the wires while passing controllers lol.

3791909381_87005a603a_b.jpg
    3792722808_a6d3c276fd_b.jpg

Thanks go to Voltech, TMO, Riotblade, Toodles, ShinJN, arthong, gamingnow.net, Himuragames, Lizardlick, and Akihabrashop for cases and parts. And the people I've learned from the past 6 years (I trolled to learn how to build sticks for 5.5 years before finally signing up for an account). =P
    lovely sticks reyal!
    im really feeling that top one.
  • HighOnFiberHighOnFiber FIGHTNATIONEX Joined: Posts: 32
    Nice to see what you're playing on Fiber. Looks like you got the same color buttons as i do on my custom stick. How long it take you to get your parts?

Thanks man. Still want to see the custom stick you built. I ordered the parts on 7/10 and they got here yesterday so about 3 1/2 weeks?
    O HAI.
    weezy58, that NES stick mode is incredible! Nice work, I love it.
    Some of the BlazBlue-themed sticks in here are awesome... NeoBlood's in particular is very sexy. I'll be posting my very first custom stick here once it's done, although I doubt it will look as nice as some of yours.
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 525
    The case on that first stick is beautiful Reyals :lovin:
  • Illustrator76Illustrator76 I Draw Nice Pictures Joined: Posts: 656
    Hey everyone,

Just finished another stick. This one is for a freind of mine who mains chunli & sakura and wanted something abit funky looking. So I went with some vibrant colours and wood to give it abit of a twist.

This case is only 9.5"wide externally and probably the smallest one I built so far.

It feels damn comfortable stranglet enough!

Again, sanwa parts through out.
    *snip*
    Very nice stick man, I like how everything goes together really well. What kind of wood is that?
    Been a while since I've had time to work on sticks but I'm building/modding/putting together a few this week. Iphone pics is all I can do till I get a decent camera. My old sticks are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35398677@N05/

First, my wired X360 stick with extra stiff springs and a bat top (just experimenting to see if I like it). Used to have yellow sanwa buttons till I found out two of them were fakes and the other 4 buttons were long switch versions which wasn't comfortable for me. Btw, using an extension cord with the madcatz X360 pcb won't register a mic as always being plugged in like it does in the MSFT x360 pcb.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2539/3791906721_d621e6c4b8_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/3791907657_c9e53ceacf_b.jpg
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2543/3791907235_5c88203e98_b.jpg

Thanks go to Voltech, TMO, Riotblade, Toodles, ShinJN, arthong, gamingnow.net, Himuragames, Lizardlick, and Akihabrashop for cases and parts. And the people I've learned from the past 6 years (I trolled to learn how to build sticks for 5.5 years before finally signing up for an account). =P

This stick is slick and very well done. That finish looks absolutely killer! Same question goes to you as it did to b15sdm, what kind of wood is that?
  • MistaWayneMistaWayne Joined: Posts: 135
    @neoblood: Where can I get a hold of that art?!
  • Dark-DanzDark-Danz Goodbye Tibia. Joined: Posts: 88
    First Custom Stick

I do apologize for the low quality pictures, when I uploaded and re-sized it on photobucket it ended up being a bit small. I wasn't expecting much, just another stick to have on the side. :rofl:

Anyways I saw this case at EBgames for 20$ came with weighted chips and a game, and I did have Eb credits left so I just took it.
    IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg

Bought some parts, started drilling and put in the buttons. (couldn't put 24s on the side, so top left had to do)
    IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg

Wired the buttons and mounted the stick.
    IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg

Final.
    IMG_0469-1.jpg
  • bigsexyc420bigsexyc420 Keystone II Joined: Posts: 446
    Here's my arcade stick:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/408/img0453y.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2953/img0455s.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/253/img0457t.jpg

Pictures were taken w/ my phone so not that great. I made the template myself...worked hard!! haha im no wizard with photoshop but i liked how it turned out. It sports my two mains in SF4 and BB, so I like!! Thanks to arts dustwashers and plexi it came out exactly as I wanted. Now for the Irony....As soon as I finished installing all of the components it began to show the symptoms of a defective PCB and is currently just an expensive huge paperweight.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=178112

, so pretty down about that. Going to call Madcatz to see if they can send me a new one, and hopefully remedy the problem. So.. yeah also, i should of asked art to cut the middle screws because now the cardstock is bending in the middle, not that noticeable, but hey....

Are you freakin serious!?

shrink those pics down son!
    "Contra on the DS makes me want to punch myself in the balls"
    -Monte
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862
    too big huh? D: links posted until i get chance to ~ thx
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

• Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,505
    Wow, that Gundam stick is awesome man.
  • ReyalsReyals Joined: Posts: 144
    Very nice stick man, I like how everything goes together really well. What kind of wood is that?

This stick is slick and very well done. That finish looks absolutely killer! Same question goes to you as it did to b15sdm, what kind of wood is that?
    The case on that first stick is beautiful Reyals :lovin:
    lovely sticks reyal!
    im really feeling that top one.

Thanks for the comments. Oh, and the wood is Walnut.
    thanks for the feedback guys! making fightsticks are freakin fun...and addicting