Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• steveyseesteveysee Joined: Posts: 21
    New Stick design, just waiting on the parts and will re-post once assembled.

[img][/img]stick.jpg
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 339
    What kind of wood is that
  • steveyseesteveysee Joined: Posts: 21
    Its
    geni wrote: »
    What kind of wood is that

Pine Top and hardwood sides, was reclaimed so not entirely sure tbh
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 52
    butteroj wrote: »
    What do you do when you get the most revolutionary lever ever? You build a new stick around it.

This was built to make using & programming the Magenta as easy as possible. 2 USB ports allow programming of the Magenta without having to open the case, and the extra buttons on the back allow for an external mode button allowing switching through the 4 programmed modes on the fly.

Special thanks to @armi0024 for the Magenta and Obs-mx, @jonyfraze for the dope artwork, @Allfightsticks for the best metal enclosure around & @tefightstands for the amazing balltop/dustwasher/feet.

Can you explain the use/point of multiple profiles for the lever?
    I am intrigued as to the uses.
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,580
    butteroj wrote: »
    What do you do when you get the most revolutionary lever ever? You build a new stick around it.

This was built to make using & programming the Magenta as easy as possible. 2 USB ports allow programming of the Magenta without having to open the case, and the extra buttons on the back allow for an external mode button allowing switching through the 4 programmed modes on the fly.

Special thanks to @armi0024 for the Magenta and Obs-mx, @jonyfraze for the dope artwork, @Allfightsticks for the best metal enclosure around & @tefightstands for the amazing balltop/dustwasher/feet.

Can you explain the use/point of multiple profiles for the lever?
    I am intrigued as to the uses.
    Different games use different inputs(Injustice vs Capcom), so this allows 4 profiles. Each can have different actuation points and width of each direction.

• ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 51
    edited September 20
    Hello SRK. Yesterday, my first (used) fightstick came in the mail. And oh boy. I feel... Dissapointed to say the least. Here. Let me give you a brief story. (Sorry for the crap quality of pics btw, Im not using a high end phone)

I bought this stick a week ago. It's a SCV hori fightstick (like the hori N). It looks good right? I mean. even the artwork looks clean in person. Everything works perfectly.

21895224_1809840829043445_892623275_o.jpg?oh=51800132e3b810b10d6257ff0a48332a&oe=59C553BC

But oh boy, It get's quite worse, sadly. It has a padhack btw. I opened it last night. And when plugged into the pc it says "MKX pad for ps4" or something like that.

21908332_1809840809043447_471481708_o.jpg?oh=92b5b5caba75d35d874dfeed9ede6d44&oe=59C53104

Why did he do that? Why. It looks like shit. I mean, these buttons work, I tested it on my pc (fightcade and nulldc, winkawaks doesn't let me map my buttons idk why). But it's horribly cutted and at some point it could be even annoying during tournament play. It completely kills the reason to have the little door it has on the start button.

21850599_1809840919043436_624190906_n.jpg?oh=c2f6a07309ca8021ae0d60b0086f7ca5&oe=59C58595

See that hole over there? It has one hex screw missing.

21850247_1809840792376782_117343132_n.jpg?oh=c3340eb644b2e35af71d77207a74e902&oe=59C56A6A

And one more missing on the bottom metal panel.

And well, I wouldn't mind having all of this stuff. But the owner never mentioned these things, only said "In good condition, for ps3/ps4/pc" then I asked if the stick had scratches, buttons not working, or modified stuff, and he said no. Also, I payed 95$ usd (Not exact, but close) for that. I feel so ashamed and sad, and dumb too. It works. It fully works.

Nothing compares to the amazing fightsticks you all post. Do you guys think I can fix this? Im going to add a brook ufb. Change artwork and stuff like that :(
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 48
    ShiroZX wrote: »
    Do you guys think I can fix this? Im going to add a brook ufb. Change artwork and stuff like that :(
    Treat it like it's just a case. Throw in a brook, new artwork and botton/balltop colors of your choosing. I'm sure you you can create a plate to cover the button holes on the back.

I've been wanting to find one of those as I love the Noir layout but even the SCV can be pricey these days.
    Do you guys think I can fix this?

Damn straight you can. Might take a solid bit of work, but you can get this thing as good as any other stick here :)
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    Do you guys think I can fix this? Im going to add a brook ufb. Change artwork and stuff like that :(

You can fix just about everything other than those shitty side button holes. Those are beyond any kind of help.
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    You can fix just about everything other than those shitty side button holes. Those are beyond any kind of help.

Fix, probably not.
    Modify? With a 3D printer and the right amound of glue you could sink them in and make them look alright I reckon
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,183
    Why bother?
    I mean, depends if it's worth it to Shiro or not.
    Some people like a challenge haha
    edited September 21
    Noted. However, there's really zero point to fixing someone else's fuck up...especially when he was mislead by that dick in the first place (and paid nearly $100).

Send it back and demand a refund, @ShiroZX . You're better than someone else's failed experiment.
    If you got this on eBay and you do nothing, then you're retarded. You asked him if it was modified, and he clearly lied. That's plenty of recourse by which to get your money back. Good luck.
    jopamo wrote: »
    Noted. However, there's really zero point to fixing someone else's fuck up...especially when he was mislead by that dick in the first place (and paid nearly $100).

Send it back and demand a refund, @ShiroZX . You're better than someone else's failed experiment.
    If you got this on eBay and you do nothing, then you're retarded. You asked him if it was modified, and he clearly lied. That's plenty of recourse by which to get your money back. Good luck.

Yhea, Im gonna return it. And hope to get my money back.
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 600

I def would return for a refund. He basically lied about major things, you are def entitled to your money back.
    Make sure you keep that conversation where he said it was not modified and there were no scratches.
    I wouldve been pissed

Ebay is, typically, fairly customer focussed when it comes to lost/incorrectly described items.
    Even if the seller vetoes a refund ebay can overrule them.
    Even better if you paid through paypal, they will straight up take that money back with minimal care given if the person is in the wrong.

Only downside is they allow X time for responses, so might be slow goings.
  • saikofartsaikofart ex anorak Joined: Posts: 124
    DEZALB wrote: »
    OG 6 button goodness came in the mail yesterday. .....

How much did it cost you? Been eyeing up a few, but they're always mad money.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited September 23
    DEZALB wrote: »
    OG 6 button goodness came in the mail yesterday. Opened her up cleaned up the stick, applied seimitsu grease and installed a 1.5 lb jlf spring. It feels really good. Think im going to leave the stick in there. Need to see about getting replacement switches for it. I will swap out the buttons alittle later.

Just fyi if yoy didn't know you can swap out switches in the original buttons easily. Swapping out the actual button will require filing away notches in each 30mm hole.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    Good news guys. Tomorrow the stick will be shipped back to the owner and I will get my money back.
    I feel very sad because the design of the stick is so good, I love it, and it's comfortable on my lap, but it's just not the thing I expected it to be. Guess I'll have to keep waiting more time :/ oh well. Thanks anyway.
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 339
    @ShiroZX did you get compensation for the shipping? Or do you have to take the loss on that?
    geni wrote: »
    @ShiroZX did you get compensation for the shipping? Or do you have to take the loss on that?

I got the compensation for the shipping. It's not that much though, just $5.
    edited September 23
    Where are you located? The HRAP Pro.N Hayabusa is available for sale at many retailers right now.
  • linkreincarnatelinkreincarnate Joined: Posts: 12
    - Artwork direct printed to the plexi underside so it looks great and will last long time; far superior to standard paper prints (also far more expensive ;) )

How much would it cost to have a custom art printed directly on to the back of the plexi like that. Could it do up to 22 x 9 1/2 inches? I need someone to print my art and the usual canidates dont have big enough printers...
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,359
    - Artwork direct printed to the plexi underside so it looks great and will last long time; far superior to standard paper prints (also far more expensive ;) )

It's not super cheap, those were pretty pricey (over $100) due to the rush, but usual cost for something that size is about $75. Something bigger like you want would probably double and requires vector cut lines.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    Just fyi if yoy didn't know you can swap out switches in the original buttons easily. Swapping out the actual button will require filing away notches in each 30mm hole.
    Yeah, after playing on the namco for awhile this weekend I decided i really like the feel of the buttons. I put Sanwa Switches and Seimitsu switches. The Sanwas felt slightly better so i went with that.
    Im currently working on getting a different stick installed.

• defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 850
    jonyfraze wrote: »

Just finished up a Marvelous Customs "Average Joe" acrylic case artwork and build. It features a wireless DS4 padhacked PCB via ModsBySteve. Also made a video detailing the build.

oh wow that looks amazing
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    Realtalk, people who use cable braid:
    How do you daisy chain your grounds while braiding?
    I spent like an hour last night just doing my top row
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Realtalk, people who use cable braid:
    How do you daisy chain your grounds while braiding?
    I spent like an hour last night just doing my top row
    I don't.
    After I run every wire through I slide the tech flex back a few inches and tape in place. Then I cut the ground wires and solder together with one of the cut pieces coming off the end to create one ground wire for 4 buttons.

• eyeamg0dlyeyeamg0dly Joined: Posts: 45
    khodu wrote: »
    Hi guys. Taking the plunge and going full Hitbox. Just built mine. Wish me Luck.

did you build that case?