Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• TomatitoTomatito I like to fight Joined: Posts: 147
    I am working on modding mine as well, hori hayabusa silent and silent hayabusa buttons. I dunno if I will stick with it but I really dig the matte finish of the buttons. it seems to fit pretty well since the hayabusa buttons are so small. Since Gamerfinger came out with buttons again I might switch them out.
    Tekken 1234567: Paul
    UNIEL: Markava
    GGXRD: Sin
    Yata AOC: Azure
    UMVC3: Hulk/Cap/Task

PSN: KentoHardRok
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,522
    chuky500 wrote: »
    First, I completely recommend this style of arrows, arrows were instant to pickup. It's surprising how the directions are directly connected to the brain, there's no adaptation time, no re-learning, Harder inputs are very easy to do. I was a bit scared when I read about a real Hitbox layout because the up button is down so you need to teach that to your brain, but here with regular arrow placements it's seamless. I honestly don't understand why people use the Hitbox-style arrows when regular arrows are so easy to use, and btw the Hitbox controller for Smash bros has regular arrows.
    I'm not a Hitbox user myself, but I believe the reason that the directions are NOT set up like the "standard keyboard" layout is because (like you explained with the attacks), it's faster/easier to have a separate finger on each individual button. In the standard keyboard layout, the middle finger works for both the Down and the Up directions. Which makes D-U moves (like the Flash Kick) or 360 motions much more difficult.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 20
    added new vinyl sticker art to a hori bbcpex stick since the art was fading.
    i would have gone with plexi but i wanted to try doing this for once lol.
    GbrulcSc
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ryZ4wO8.jpg

9M61v5I.jpg

I barely had time this afternoon before work to post the pictures. It is taking some getting used to in order to play on stick again after being on pad for so long!
  • macinnsotmacinnsot Joined: Posts: 37
    EJM wrote: »
    Mini Acrylic Hitbox

Small acrylic hitbox I just completed. It has a Brook UFB, Sanwa buttons, custom wiring and case by me.
    The case measures 13 x 8 x 2.25 inches.

R6kyk0Z.jpg

NM2VeOe.jpg

UYSYY9K.jpg

ekeWols.jpg

9r6TwQm.jpg

Rolek54.jpg

sEAzGxL.jpg

This is a really nice build. I always wanted to see someone use that PCB.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,852
    No quoting images.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • macinnsotmacinnsot Joined: Posts: 37
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    wE11Xmd.jpg

Just finished up a Marvelous Customs "Average Joe" acrylic case artwork and build. It features a wireless DS4 padhacked PCB via ModsBySteve. Also made a video detailing the build.

This is amazing. I think I'm going to build one of these when I have time.
  • sarsi21sarsi21 Joined: Posts: 5
    edited November 10
    EJM wrote: »
    Mini Acrylic Hitbox

Small acrylic hitbox I just completed. It has a Brook UFB, Sanwa buttons, custom wiring and case by me.
    The case measures 13 x 8 x 2.25 inches.

Good sir did you make the acrylic case? if not where did you buy it? does this box require any soldering? I would love to build something similar.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,608
    macinnsot wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/wE11Xmd.jpg

Just finished up a Marvelous Customs "Average Joe" acrylic case artwork and build. It features a wireless DS4 padhacked PCB via ModsBySteve. Also made a video detailing the build.

Tfw you miss the post directly above your own
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,852
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    macinnsot wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/wE11Xmd.jpg

Tfw you miss the post directly above your own

This guys reading comprehension is impeccable
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 66
    I1MiSls.jpg
    Old stick, new art. Worth. Every. Penny.
  • franksterkb891franksterkb891 Joined: Posts: 4

Body: MAD CATZ TE sfiv
    PCB: Brook PS4
    STICK: Crown 309mj
    Buttons: Sanwa OBSF

wi56r8.jpg

Body: Qanba q4
    PCB: Brook Audio rev 2
    STICK: Crown 309mj
    Buttons: Sanwa OBSC
    141hxq8.jpg

• IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 591
    @killkong1211 You play using the first six buttons as apposed to the last?
    @Ianskie that'd be correct
  • EJMEJM Joined: Posts: 441
    sarsi21 wrote: »
    Good sir did you make the acrylic case? if not where did you buy it? does this box require any soldering? I would love to build something similar.

Yes, I designed and made the case, I also did the wiring on it. Soldering depends on how you wire it up. I did no soldering on this one, just quick disconnects to the buttons and then inserted the wire in the screw terminals

A collection of pictures of my mods and wiring: https://instagram.com/modsbysteve/
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 591
    @Ianskie that'd be correct

I give you props. I have a T5 and I love that curved button layout but its too uncomfortable for me to use.
  • BeWrongBeWrong Hori V3 all the way! Joined: Posts: 314
    edited November 14
    Won a Hori Real Arcade Pro V at an event :)
    stickv4_zpsjh3u8sp6.png
    BeWrong :)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,900
    edited November 15
    BeWrong wrote: »

Thats great, but don't use photobucket as they are blocking images unless you want to pay for premium
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    edited November 15
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Thats great, but don't use photobucket as they are blocking images unless you want to pay for premium
    Would suggest imgur myself
    Ianskie wrote: »
    I give you props. I have a T5 and I love that curved button layout but its too uncomfortable for me to use.

Maybe it's the spacing? Or is it actually just the curvature you have issues with?
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,268
    Already posted in the BUTTHOLES thread
    Never heard of that thread before...

Sounds like it’s in General Discussion.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,268
    edited November 16
    Always thought that name was inordinately long...
    :rolleyes:
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Already posted in the BUTTHOLES thread, but here's my lateset creation:

Dual sticks case with a Raspberry Pi integrated. Full Sanwa, runs Recalbox. Client wanted a "huge" stick since he's quite massive too.

I imagine he will go to his weeklies like the priest from Vash: 86d113c8baea28a1d9f882ec1ece7cc3-d581fsn.jpg

And you're talking border line homo innuendos lol.

Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • sirhoothootsirhoothoot Joined: Posts: 1
    Turns out Poppin accessory trays can make fun fightstick/hitbox cases.

What did you use to drill the holes into the tray?
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 918
    boxmaker wrote: »
    This is one of several I made. Solid mahogany with all Sanwa parts and a Zero Delay pcb.

Nice,simple, and clean. Well done man.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • sunny84sunny84 Joined: Posts: 13
    Already posted in the BUTTHOLES thread, but here's my lateset creation:

Dual sticks case with a Raspberry Pi integrated. Full Sanwa, runs Recalbox. Client wanted a "huge" stick since he's quite massive too.

Madcatz TES for scale:

Inside (before wiring)

Build has also a shoulder bag strap. Feet are comming from Focus Attack

3D Printed (and painted) support for the Pi. Power switch, power LED, 40*40mm fan, soft power off button and full output.

damn that thing is a tank. I doubt he'll be lugging it around anywhere...just set it down in it's forever spot.
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,613
    Just converted this old Injustice stick into an Astro City themed Hitbox.

interesting.:pensive:
    i am not sure if i like it so please send it over to me so that i can give it a try and send you some feedback for you to make
    another one...for yourself....