Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,311
    edited November 20
    My old high school colors! Nice!
    Puttin’ them gold bits to good use. :smile:
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 207
    sunny84 wrote: »
    Already posted in the BUTTHOLES thread, but here's my lateset creation:

Dual sticks case with a Raspberry Pi integrated. Full Sanwa, runs Recalbox. Client wanted a "huge" stick since he's quite massive too.

Madcatz TES for scale:

Inside (before wiring)

Build has also a shoulder bag strap. Feet are comming from Focus Attack

3D Printed (and painted) support for the Pi. Power switch, power LED, 40*40mm fan, soft power off button and full output.

damn that thing is a tank. I doubt he'll be lugging it around anywhere...just set it down in it's forever spot.

Yes it is: 1m lenght, 30cm wide, 12cm thick. (40*12*4.5 inches)
  • ykdykd Joined: Posts: 85
    DEZALB wrote: »
    Yeah, after playing on the namco for awhile this weekend I decided i really like the feel of the buttons. I put Sanwa Switches and Seimitsu switches. The Sanwas felt slightly better so i went with that.
    Im currently working on getting a different stick installed.

Love that stick! Find any good way to install a different stick in it? In the same boat and hard to go off the little or broken linked pages coming up.
    Good project though. Such a classic.
  • sunny84sunny84 Joined: Posts: 18
    My new chrome Panzer Fight Stick 3. I really am not happy with the finish and won't make more of them. But, its a Panzer and its still awesome enough to spark some fan tributes.

** Edit: Ha! Little Jasen in the balltop :) **

I think the industrial kinda look it's got goin on makes it look sturdy af.
    edited November 24
    Looks great, @Drambit ! Glad it all worked out well.
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Drambit - That looks awesome! Glad you were finally able to finish it :D
    I present my first mod of a fightstick:

- Original SNES controller hack
    - Joystick JLF-TPRG-8BYT-SK Silent
    - 6 Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons
    - BAT HANDLE LB-30N
    - JLF GTY Octagonal Restrictor
    - 1 KOWAL Actuator joystick Sanwa JLF
    - 2lb Tension Spring for Sanwa JLF
    - 2 Seimitsu DS-412 buttons

original stick:

Mad Catz FightStick Alpha Street Fighter V Ps3/Ps4

I can use it on various consoles:

SNES Classic Mini

Ps2

Xbox original

Xbox 360

Several control adapters are needed, mainly this:
    Raphnet-tech Snes Controller to Psx Adapter

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes2psx_adapter/index.php

that's awesome.. always wanted to take on modding one of these or one of the hori compact sticks. Glad it can be done.
  • superfenix2020superfenix2020 Joined: Posts: 7
    Well, now I'm going to do a mod to a Namco Stick. :)
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 74
    edited November 29
    Well, now I'm going to do a mod to a Namco Stick. :)

Me too : D
    What colours and fanciful changes will you be making?
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 622
    Hopefully he keeps the namco buttons, they are great. Just throw some sanwa switches in it
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 101
    A Hitbox Mod one of my clients had finished recently showing off a Bayonneta themed art I've done applied to it.
    DP0t4XkWsAAhjn8.jpg
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 56
    My new chrome Panzer Fight Stick 3.
    I just dumped a bunch of money in a computer build but when I restock my funds I'm gonna get at you for a Panzer Fight Stick 3 Korean edition DIY. Those cases look so damn clean and durable. Nice work.
  • ZCUZCU Joined: Posts: 3
    d3dSfRK.jpg

yeah, i really like blue
    New Namco Stick SNES Edition =) :o

- Bat Handle LB-30N
    - 1 Kowal Actuator joystick Sanwa JLF
    - Mat Mouse and Anti-slip strips
    - Added weight in pipe holes
    - Metal sheet painted in black matt
    - Bat Handle painted in black matt also

Did you cut the jlf housing or something? Or did you swap the namco stick parts in to the JLF?
  • ausomecrawlausomecrawl Demonpossessed Joined: Posts: 112
    New Namco Stick SNES Edition =) :o

- Bat Handle LB-30N
    - 1 Kowal Actuator joystick Sanwa JLF
    - Mat Mouse and Anti-slip strips
    - Added weight in pipe holes
    - Metal sheet painted in black matt
    - Bat Handle painted in black matt also

Did you cut the jlf housing or something? Or did you swap the namco stick parts in to the JLF?

From the looks of it. The shaft is really high. Id say all jlf parts and. The shaft of the namco was not used
    edited December 2

From the looks of it. The shaft is really high. Id say all jlf parts and. The shaft of the namco was not used
    Exactly. I used the same JLF stick, without cutting it. I just took off the metal plate and I had to sand all that plastic part of the stick casing so that the stick would not collide with the metal plate below.

s-l1000.jpg

Well it was originally Namco Stick

IMG_1622_TN.JPG
    IMG_1624_TN.JPG

By the way, the original micropushers of my Namco Stick, are Omron. :o
    My stick is "Made in Japan"

5451fa9c17612a27267a182f758334a3o.jpg
    0b96f992cd1e6eda610903d4428a7c3co.jpg

Very goods. I would say of the same quality as the joysticks they sell now, although I'm not an expert on the subject. The buttons of the Namco Stick are also quite good. Not as much as the buttons Sanwa OBSF-30, that if.

Both the plate and the buttons as the original micropushers of my Namco stick I have put in the other Stick, Mad Catz FightStick Alpha Street Fighter V. I've turned it into a PS1/PS2 Stick.

Post edited by superfenix2020 on
    Hodo858 wrote: »
    Just built that during my paternity leave. Lol.... Building it for my older son. So he can appreciate retro gaming. Gonna put a dreamcast and PC running hyperspin or launchbox.

That's a mighty fine cabinet.
    What'd you make it from?
    edited December 4
    As a curiosity, I had thought of putting a template of the Super Metroid.
    I tried several retro-style images, and they were like that.
    e5b68558dc114c41e534ed84c0a9b40co.jpg
    6f96b877ce72b782f581b48bd9c579a3o.jpg
    f6d3b82b66858ee84868a0a926a258f1o.jpg
    04dc7fe311dcbc6347c96fc317c89505o.jpg
    ae68d39c21e227a474a63ca4448d2465o.jpg
    2bf328c7fd6bb24f261738006dd2e711o.jpg
    629adf28cbb3add530d6ddd1c3c9ac72o.jpg
    46493c5c485b57f9217271fab4858209o.jpg
    Post edited by superfenix2020 on
  • Hodo858Hodo858 Joined: Posts: 78
    Just built that during my paternity leave. Lol.... Building it for my older son. So he can appreciate retro gaming. Gonna put a dreamcast and PC running hyperspin or launchbox.

What'd you make it from?

Thanks!

I had a 32" wide, 30" tall, 19" deep clothes drawer laying around. So I I built it around that using MDF and a router tool. It's actually a pretty big cabinet. Overall width is 42" and it's 6 feet tall. Countertop height joystick panel.
    edited December 2
    @Saint Gut Free is the art panel a printed adhesive-backed vinyl overlay, or printed paper with an acrylic overlay? Either way, where’d you get that done?
  • Saint Gut FreeSaint Gut Free Progressive Calisthenic Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 681
    It's adhesive backed vinyl from Game on Grafix, they used to be Mame Marquees.

It was a fair amount of trial and error to get the dimensions of the artwork just right in Gimp. Ill post the template I used in the other thread if anyone is interested in using it.
    Stevens on the system 11 forums.
    edited December 3
    Great! Thanks for the info. I’m re-creating the original art panel on the HSS-0136, and was looking for a good place to get a printed vinyl overlay.

I am definitely interested in your template. Could you shoot that to me on PM?
    Post edited by jopamo on
  • Saint Gut FreeSaint Gut Free Progressive Calisthenic Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 681
    edited December 3
    I posted it here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137307/the-new-official-arcade-stick-art-thread-no-image-quoting/p309

EDIT - I removed the image from the thread, it is way too small. Be happy to send people the original if they want it.

Just make sure the white circle lines up with the bottom middle screw and you should be good to go.

Hold up. I'm going to PM it to you. I grabbed that pic off photobucket and I think they fucked with the dimensions.
    edited December 3
    I posted it here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137307/the-new-official-arcade-stick-art-thread-no-image-quoting/p309

Just make sure the white circle lines up with the bottom middle screw and you should be good to go.

Hold up. I'm going to PM it to you. I grabbed that pic off photobucket and I think they fucked with the dimensions.

Has anyone made a repository for these sort of templates? Like on dropbox or something?
    If not maybe we should :)

What'd you make it from?

Thanks!

I had a 32" wide, 30" tall, 19" deep clothes drawer laying around. So I I built it around that using MDF and a router tool. It's actually a pretty big cabinet. Overall width is 42" and it's 6 feet tall. Countertop height joystick panel.

I would've never guessed that was a set of draws
    @killkong1211 I would be happy to contribute the file to something like that. I'm not super familiar with dropbox though.
    Nice stick indeed. That joystick needs a dustcover though. Like, yesterday.
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 101
    jopamo wrote: »
    Nice stick indeed. That joystick needs a dustcover though. Like, yesterday.
    He stated that it wasn't fully finished yet. never really told me any other details outside of the buttons and joystick he was using.
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • ConsistencyConfirmerConsistencyConfirmer Joined: Posts: 18
    edited December 4
    EJM wrote: »
    Mini Acrylic Hitbox

Small acrylic hitbox I just completed. It has a Brook UFB, Sanwa buttons, custom wiring and case by me.
    The case measures 13 x 8 x 2.25 inches.

hey man where's the wiring from? This looks so nice.
    ZeonLive wrote: »
    Hey just sharing my recently finished Arcade stick. Bought stick from Jopamo modded with the Brook UFB and art for top and bottom panels excellently designed by P3G3Designs.

That looks fucking awesome. Bravo!!
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,885
    Mini Acrylic Hitbox

Small acrylic hitbox I just completed. It has a Brook UFB, Sanwa buttons, custom wiring and case by me.

EJM does commissioned wiring.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Mini Acrylic Hitbox

You can achieve a similar effect to this with some cable braid, heat shrink tube and a loooooooooot of patience