Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• ausomecrawlausomecrawl Demonpossessed Joined: Posts: 120
    defghui wrote: »

I ordered the new Fighting Edge as soon as Arcade Shock had it up. It’s real purty, crap photo notwithstanding.

... four (One of each PS3 and 4 model released).

>.>

Wow how many sticks to you have total? Any group pictures?
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017

Wow how many sticks to you have total? Any group pictures?

I have nothing on Mark Man, As I “only” have a few dozen (most in storage at any one time), and sadly no group photos.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,370
    I’m sorry...did you say “a few DOZEN?”
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 935
    I mean, anyone with less than 30 is just a pretender.
  • Saint Gut FreeSaint Gut Free Progressive Calisthenic Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 683
    edited December 2017
    Snip

Very clean. Great set up:D

@Jasen Hicks - What are the black switches on the front for?
    Stevens on the system 11 forums.
  • sunny84sunny84 Joined: Posts: 23
    Fūrinkazan - Ultimate LED Fightstick Version 2.0

As a follow-up to my Version 1.0 post -

The build out took over a year to complete, mainly due to the complexity of the coding. The codebase is easily the largest I've ever written (although a feat the coding masters like @32teeth and @Toodles could have completed in a fraction of the time).

Artwork is a Ryu "Fūrinkazan" themed Street Fighter V overlay atop a Vewlix Diamond inspired layout.

The goal of the project was to develop a comprehensive LED controller with zero compromise and unlimited customization. Just like the first iteration, there's no need to reprogram with a computer. All customization is done using the front facing button UI on the controller, and all settings are saved to internal memory on the board. The entire controller is 360-degrees LED backlit (including side lighting of the top plexi) with a 118 LEDs driven in total. There are 130 total LED animations, 7 controller loadouts, and 7 color palette configuration menus.

Just wrapped up on the project. I'll try to post a complete demo when I have time to do a proper video.

If I was playing on that i'd just be staring at the pretty lights and getting my ass handed to me...but it sure is pretty
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,415
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • Saint Gut FreeSaint Gut Free Progressive Calisthenic Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 683
    Thanks!

I went to your site and started looking around for the answer. I started looking at everything else and forgot why I went there in the first place.
    Stevens on the system 11 forums.
    Been working on this Hori Rap.v Kai for Xbox One for about a month. Christmas present for my brother! Art by @P3G3Designs

That is beautiful. How did you color the case? Also, o really like how those colors compliment the art. Happy Christmas to your brother!
  • Eddie_DominguezEddie_Dominguez Joined: Posts: 63
    Been working on this Hori Rap.v Kai for Xbox One for about a month. Christmas present for my brother! Art by @P3G3Designs

That is beautiful. How did you color the case? Also, o really like how those colors compliment the art. Happy Christmas to your brother!

Thanks man. I havent customized a stick since thr original TE so this was fun to do.Which part are you referring to when you say the base?

Thanks man. I havent customized a stick since thr original TE so this was fun to do.Which part are you referring to when you say the base?

Sorry, like the case itself. The blue and red parts.
    edited December 2017
    Sorry, like the case itself. The blue and red parts.
    OK, gotcha.

-Stripped the stick down (removed every single screw until I just had the plastic parts)
    -Used painters tap to mask off any areas that I didn't want painted (i.e. Hori LED display in the top right)
    -Used a primer so that the paint would bond better
    -Printed out my artwork so that I could match it up with the right color spray paint at Home Depot
    -Spray painted the red and blue parts that you see in the photo

Wasn't hard at all. The only thing you have to make sure that you do is be patient. 48 hours between primer and color coat.

• NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,823
    bSfwKnZ.jpg

Removing all the glue under the original artwork was annoying, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result :smile:
  • P3G3DesignsP3G3Designs Artist Of The Century Joined: Posts: 80
    Been working on this Hori Rap.v Kai for Xbox One for about a month. Christmas present for my brother! Art by @P3G3Designs 4BT5w6z.jpg YFY66dl.jpg qpTIZdp.jpg

It was an honor doing the art for you man

Project
    Shop
    "Im with my friends doing hood s*&^ "
    Check out the link for inquiries
  • maduhbeemaduhbee Joined: Posts: 130
    anybody here good with electronics? I have an idea for a new stick I want to see if it's possible... message me please!!
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 57
    edited December 2017
    JesseJames wrote: »
    The back of the panel neatly wired and now uses a DB-15 connector.
    I would love to do this with my HRAP3 and be able to swap from Namco Noir w/ K-Stick 4 button layout for Tekken to Viewlix w/ JLF 6 button for SFV/various. Any tips or would you be able to point me in the right direction for wiring up that connector? That would make the swap super easy.
  • JesseJamesJesseJames Click Clack Joined: Posts: 64
    Snubnoze wrote: »
    JesseJames wrote: »
    The back of the panel neatly wired and now uses a DB-15 connector.
    I would love to do this with my HRAP3 and be able to swap from Namco Noir w/ K-Stick 4 button layout for Tekken to Viewlix w/ JLF 6 button for SFV/various. Any tips or would you be able to point me in the right direction for wiring up that connector? That would make the swap super easy.

What I use is a 40x20x11mm Power Project Enclose to install the DB-15 onto the mini project box and the mini project box itself is mounted to the panel using screws that are countersink from the top. I have to enlarge the hole on the mini project box to feed the wires and have to resort to using thin 26awg wires to have it fit (I first used 22awg wires and it was too thick). Reason I went with that particular mini project box is because I want to have no obstruction with anything inside the joystick box when I put the top panel in. Top panel with DB-15 female socket I used a solid wire; the box with the DB-15 male plug I used 22awg stranded for flexibility.

In your case with the HRAP3, I believe it uses a metal top panel so I would suggest something slightly larger similar to this to mount onto the panel (check on the measurement of the inside to see how much room you got to work with)... also you can use a slightly larger project box since there should be some space inside that joystick and it is easier to work with. Then you can thread the metal panel so that you can mount the small project box in from the bottom and install the DB-15 on it.

Hope this helps.

Euthanasia wrote: »
    I bought a very nice little sapele case (9.5" x 8") from @devastator who drilled it out for smaller-than-normal face buttons. It would have looked great simply stained; however, it was for my son so I hit it with some “Parrot Green” paint and clear coat. I wanted to go with a slimy, Ecto-Cooler juice box aesthetic and commissioned @P3G3Designs to make some appropriate artwork (Hype-C). I used 24 mm Sanwa buttons and JLF, and a Brooks PS3/4 board. There was just enough room inside to hook everything up. I had a fun time making it and I hope he enjoys it (and leaves mine alone).

4utr5p7.jpg
    P4mT3wu.jpg
    7ORn9MK.jpg
    seRpRNF.jpg

It was an honor man. It looks freaking sweet !
    Project
    Shop
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,904
    Picked up a Qanba Drone for sale on Newegg at $40. Modded it with an LS-300, Sanwa buttons, and Q Balltop courtesy of Arcadeshock.

[img][/img]ybPhTTt.jpg

[img][/img]lTjKlpa.jpg
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Finally got received my plexi today and finished up my TE2 Zoro stick! Thanks again to @P3G3Designs for the art.
    8AAJD7T.jpgmlI6LW0.jpgrKygTiE.jpg

It looks f^%&ing sick bro !! I like the entire look. Dope asf I love the outcome man !!!

Always professional and High Quality Designs check the link for my illustrious career*// Slots Open -Message for Rates // Click For Portfolio
    Project
    Shop
    Finally got received my plexi today and finished up my TE2 Zoro stick! Thanks again to @P3G3Designs for the art.
    8AAJD7T.jpgmlI6LW0.jpgrKygTiE.jpg

It looks f^%&ing sick bro !! I like the entire look. Dope asf I love the outcome man !!!

Always professional and High Quality Designs check the link for my illustrious career*// Slots Open -Message for Rates // Click For Portfolio

Thanks man!
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 638
    edited January 3
    This is my new Panzer 3 Korean Fight stick. It has a modified Golden Fanta stick in it with Golden Core mod, it also has 8 GamerFinger buttons with blue switches. The art is by @NYSFinestGFX off Twitter. It's my new favorite thing in life. I got the Korean stick from jasenscustoms.com as it was on sale. They have a new universal stick that will fit any type of lever so these Korean stick only cases went on sale. I got it for $150 shipped. I had my own Brook UFB PCB I could use in it as well so it all worked out. I love it and I'm hyped to learn how to play Dhalsim using this stick. I want to get as good with Sim on this stick as I am with him on Hitbox. Thanks for reading!

2efmd7b.jpg
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 57
    edited January 4
    I love the paint job complementing the art piece which is superb as well!

Is that crackle paint on the bezel? It looks great! I've used crackle paint before for frames, you can have a base paint show through the cracks, it really looks awesome, like the old brass look that used to be done to wood frames back in the day, except you can mix & match whatever colors you like.

Congrats!

PS: This is what I'm talking about, could be done less aggressively in order to achieve a smooth surface and apply some clear after the fact.
    Kroma-sample-chips.jpg

Also I've used hammered paint on a MCTE Bezel then applied some clear, it has never rubbed off thankfully. Love the look of that paint as well.

• sunny84sunny84 Joined: Posts: 23
    was wondering that too...i thought it was possibly some kind of leather textured wrap? Looks good though.
  • electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 57
    edited January 7
    Very nice, love the color combination. Is the camo stenciled and coated with clear? I'd love to hear about the process for that look.