Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 57
    Superb! Looks great! All smoke buttons would look ace as well.

• genigeni Joined: Posts: 352
    Man wish we could archive this topic! So much good artwork and we'll built sticks
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 103
    geni wrote: »
    Man wish we could archive this topic! So much good artwork and we'll built sticks
    everyone save a page and we'll rebuild it when the time comes.

Let's go!

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,067
    I want to post in here one last time. Sadly when I fix my second SE stick this will be long gone :sad:

Just modded a Round 2 X360 TE for Lucky Jim of Toronto. Brook UFB, nothing went unwired within his case. I also wired up his turbo LEDs to light up the buttons on button press.

zJPzWgm.jpg

Nc2kZDB.jpg

5CziJu5.jpg

LAiVxxR.jpg

Also cleaned up the Madcatz wiring the best I could.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    It's still a work in progress as I only really started on it a few hours ago when my parts arrived after work, but I wanted to share before this place goes away.

UaEpl1lh.jpg
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's still a work in progress as I only really started on it a few hours ago when my parts arrived after work, but I wanted to share before this place goes away.

UaEpl1lh.jpg

Nice color choice on what looks like a mint namco (-_-)=b. This thread will be remade in an equal or better form, too many folks mod now for it not to eventually. Image quote intentional*
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 630
    edited January 9
    Superb! Looks great! All smoke buttons would look ace as well.
    Thanks man, I already have KN's on my big red, Neo 29 and Omni. Plus I have too many LS38 setups too. So went with that classic LS40 and PS14g combination, but i still like the higher tension of the LS38 spring
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,067
    I'm just going to be honest. This thread and its predecessor are my two favourite threads of any forum I've ever been a part of.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 933
    @Missing Person I fully agree with that
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • Solidus187Solidus187 Usually Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 64
    zelah wrote: »
    @d3v was fantastic in helping me get this art just right

Turned a Fionna & Cake adventure time comic cover into this

The quality and fit of the thin plexi here looks great. Is that the 1/40" from FA or the 1/32" from tek-innovations? Did you get your art printed and cut by them too, or do it yourself?

Asking because I've seen a few HRAP N art mods which don't look too hot. There are some where the plexi is too thick and creates a big ridge (likely the 1/16" plexis), mods where the plexi warps a lot due to being thin and not handling heat well, and mods where the art/plexi doesn't cover the entire metal faceplate, resulting in exposed (ugly) metal. I'm not seeing any of that in your pic.
  • krimpaikrimpai Joined: Posts: 56
    edited January 9
    Ready for Dragon Ball FighterZ

Razor Atrox with Hori FC4, Hayabusa Silent optical joystick, kowal 1mm oversize actuator and 8 Sanwa OBSFS silent push buttons

UaEpl1lh.jpg

Nice color choice on what looks like a mint namco (-_-)=b. This thread will be remade in an equal or better form, too many folks mod now for it not to eventually. Image quote intentional*

Fairly close to mint, there's some tiny bubbling in the top plates paint, and the bottom plate was so filthy that I had to sand it. Still working on restoring that
    Some damage to the original cable too, but I'm adding a UFB so that's not a huge worry.
    I'm glad the colour pops so well, it's hard to visualize correctly from photos of parts.
    Let the Namco flow...

NPC-102 Namco Joystick 1996...2018 JLF Install.

I had to mod the stick a bit, starting by drilling the joystick base a bit where the bolts line up, I did it in order to use the base as is (keeping it stock) and be as close to the top as possible in order to keep the bottom from scraping at all.

I also did some snipping of the sides where the bolts can mount on certain applicatiopns, just so it could fit in the enclosure without hacking the case.

The tabs for the square gate needed to be a bit shorter and one of the leg clips that hold the gate also needed to be trimmed. Do not cut all the way as you will ruin the integrity of the stick BTW.

The shaft is Namco stock which fits nicely. The actuator needed to be cut and I used the Namco actuator for sizing. I could have used the Namco actuator which I tried and although it provides a shorter throw I'm honestly not too thrilled about the nylon material.

Finnally the spring, the Namco spring is too loose, it's nice for some but too loosey goosey for me, the sanwa spring way to stiff in this case with the shorter shaft (at least for me), so I opted for a Tekken 5 spring, stiff like seimitsu but clean travel and contact like sanwa 'cause it's all basically sanwa anyway.

The results are excellent, proper height, no different than stock height. Looks superb, no alteraions to the case which was my main concern and a bit stiffer than stock JLF, almost like a 1.5lb spring which I could have installed but I'm happy with how it came out.

Played some KOF'99 on PSX with glorious results, corner juggles extravaganza, charging Robah FTMW, didn't feel lost, didn't feel cheated like I did when playing it stock, lol.

26240905_10204069537895179_563707765330829873_o.jpg?oh=08f500f22488f7ec49d52628990b5f71&oe=5AFE9DF1

26756688_10204069534335090_7612680465597899517_o.jpg?oh=13a0c6522e6e37ceb047c10550925881&oe=5AF02C42

26195874_10204069535535120_353886663557531935_n.jpg?oh=1f8a8c2133b4e8cd40a48211af6876b3&oe=5AFD1535

26229624_10204069535735125_8667134830856166458_n.jpg?oh=13b8abb78eae5526aa59f5f9a781eb04&oe=5AED2946

26232517_10204069536015132_844983931263153824_o.jpg?oh=0f80bb52c59a7c900d1264d67f813fa9&oe=5AFA85E5

26678252_10204069536255138_5640507783637714089_o.jpg?oh=7fcdbba1fd5c48a73cf40f808c8a6309&oe=5AF8F28B

26677811_10204069536535145_1712840372923087113_o.jpg?oh=217647573dc0133e2abb6db211f54ce6&oe=5AF47E22

• zelahzelah PDX Joined: Posts: 17
    edited January 11
    Solidus187 wrote: »
    @d3v was fantastic in helping me get this art just right

Turned a Fionna & Cake adventure time comic cover into this

The quality and fit of the thin plexi here looks great. Is that the 1/40" from FA or the 1/32" from tek-innovations? Did you get your art printed and cut by them too, or do it yourself?

Asking because I've seen a few HRAP N art mods which don't look too hot. There are some where the plexi is too thick and creates a big ridge (likely the 1/16" plexis), mods where the plexi warps a lot due to being thin and not handling heat well, and mods where the art/plexi doesn't cover the entire metal faceplate, resulting in exposed (ugly) metal. I'm not seeing any of that in your pic.

Plexi and art cut by FA.

Edit: issue resolved
    Post edited by zelah on
  • dialupslimdialupslim Joined: Posts: 434
    Since the Hori Fighting Edge 2 was released, can someone explain the difference between it and the other PS4 sticks? I need a new one and I keep seeing the HRAP 4, 5 and N? I keep missing the sales too :-(
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 103
    some photo's one of my recent clients sent to me showing off his mayflash F500 mod with a Gurren Lagann themed art I did for him.
    KMl0cHFW.jpg:large
    x9Bi7b54.jpg:large

https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • jmanDMCjmanDMC Focusattack.com Joined: Posts: 2,558

Plexi and art cut by FA. I’m not super thrilled with the quality of the art cut though. There were some ragged edges around the control panel and the paper was matte compared to Tek’s glossy paper.

A friend pointed me here - I'm sorry about the experience you had with the artwork. I wanted to state that a number of improvements are coming to the process in due time, such as laser cuts and a different kind of ink that dries almost immediately, eliminating the need for drying time. Right now, the cutting machine isn't working as well as it did prior, and I'm getting a technician to investigate. The paper I used in semigloss, however; I'm not sure how your print would come out matte.

Please send a message to orders@focusattack.com about your experience, and I'll work to get your printed on the new paper and laser cut. I'm hoping to have the new process in place by end of January.
    Join the FA.R Rewards Program! Earn, share, and redeem chips to save nearly every day! http://bit.ly/fa-rewards
    Have questions? Get answers by our Tech Talk member support team and knowledgebase http://support.focusattack.com
    Try the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus restrictor plate for octagonal control of the popular Hori joystick! http://bit.ly/fa-kowal
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,276 mod
    dialupslim wrote: »
    Since the Hori Fighting Edge 2 was released, can someone explain the difference between it and the other PS4 sticks? I need a new one and I keep seeing the HRAP 4, 5 and N? I keep missing the sales too :-(

Fighting Edge 2 is basically if you want the Fighting Edge form factor and don't ever plan on using it on a PS3 (it's the only PS4 stick I know that isn't PS3 compatible as well). Also, if you want the fun of having a top panel that slides around due to half threaded bolts.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/12/14/shoryuken-review-hori-fighting-edge-arcade-stick-for-playstation-4/
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    d3v wrote: »
    dialupslim wrote: »

Fighting Edge 2 is basically if you want the Fighting Edge form factor and don't ever plan on using it on a PS3 (it's the only PS4 stick I know that isn't PS3 compatible as well). Also, if you want the fun of having a top panel that slides around due to half threaded bolts.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/12/14/shoryuken-review-hori-fighting-edge-arcade-stick-for-playstation-4/

I have the PS4 FE, and my panel doesn’t slide around at all. It is every bit as secure as the PS3 FE panels. I wonder if either mine or yours is an outlier? I even removed my top panel (and was annoyed to discover they had bolts on the other side that were kind of a pain to get back on). I can’t even move the panel using my great strength!
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • LowQueerGodLowQueerGod Joined: Posts: 2
    and here's my current collection:
    tumblr_mjm9yb6XxJ1rmse96o1_1280.jpg

Do you still have the image for the top white Louis Vuitton-ish stick? Or perhaps a name, I would love to print artwork like that for my stick

the queer means strange
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,579
    Pr0sk_ wrote: »
    Hey, old stick-new pictures, but I've worked cable management since last time !

A year ago now I decided I'd want to use my woodworking skills to run my own stick building thing. Knowing zero I found tons and tons of info right there and came out with this stick. Now I'm about to move on into my own workshop here in France, get an instagram and website done, and start working full time on the next models. These pictures are meant to be the start of my communication material and will be really used in the next few months but hey, let's share these here for now.

I'm not 100% happy with how the cabling went but I think the techflex look-a-like I used is too hard and gives a weird look. Maybe my cables were a little bit too short too. I'll have to re-do the photo anyway so I can still work to improve it. But hey, can't say I'm not proud of how it came out !

And even as a newcomer here on SRK, really proud to have been a small part of this great techtalk subforum. Big thanks to every old and new people here that make it so rich of infos and ideas !

https://i.imgur.com/UI3i4vV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/deqzf8f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/veGS9HU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pQqRS7a.jpg
    My two comments:
    1) Is the PCB bolted down? I'd recommend bolting it down in alignment of the case; it looks a bit odd at an angle like that.
    2) I'd recommend shortening the internal USB cable. USB is only rated up until about 15-ish feet (about 5 meters); the more cable you have on the inside (not useful cable length), the less you can have on the outside (actual useful cable length).

and here's my current collection:
    tumblr_mjm9yb6XxJ1rmse96o1_1280.jpg

Do you still have the image for the top white Louis Vuitton-ish stick? Or perhaps a name, I would love to print artwork like that for my stick
    Really? You quote a 5-year-old post?...
    I mean, at least the user is still an active one, but still. For something like that, just PM them directly.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • LowQueerGodLowQueerGod Joined: Posts: 2
    Really? You quote a 5-year-old post?...
    I mean, at least the user is still an active one, but still. For something like that, just PM them directly.

Couldn't see the message button as it doesn't pop up when you haven't registered your email yet, and guess you answered your own question as to why I quoted a 5-year old post of an active user
    the queer means strange
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 225
    Nothing much, but I'm currently restoring a Madcatz TES+.

jblUw45h.jpg?1
    jvXYOaBh.jpg

Poor thing was pretty beat-up. Missing cables to front panel, and touch pad ribbon CUT. I also had to recreate the quick-connect PCB.
    hlArY4dh.jpg
    4S9Jczyh.jpg

Had to put new USB cables, new harnesses, new ribbon, put a DBFZ artwork. Everything works great. Still a nasty scratch on the front, hopefully I should be able to something with a magic eraser and steel whool.
  • FreudlosPsyDFreudlosPsyD Joined: Posts: 33
    You can probably get rid of the scratch but you'll still also loose the texture in the process.
    I once had luck restoring it on a car interior part by placing matched sandpaper sunny side down on the part and heating it with an electric iron. Takes a few passes and you should place the paper at different angles making sure not to reuse the gummed up areas of the paper, but the result a lot better than at a flat (sheen) area surrounded in matte textured flavor plastic.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 225
    You can probably get rid of the scratch but you'll still also loose the texture in the process.
    I once had luck restoring it on a car interior part by placing matched sandpaper sunny side down on the part and heating it with an electric iron. Takes a few passes and you should place the paper at different angles making sure not to reuse the gummed up areas of the paper, but the result a lot better than at a flat (sheen) area surrounded in matte textured flavor plastic.

Ho, intresting method, I'll remember that.
    Steel whole should be fine (I'm going to use 000 or 0000, but yeah magic eraser is destructive)
  • versus addictversus addict Casual User Joined: Posts: 623
    Sick
    BTW, the news are the forums are saved! Big Hurrah still though, hell of a stick, love the combination!

• anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,033
    thats a nitewalker case??

nice varnish job, must have put some time into that
    edited January 12
    Very classy tip to toe. I love the art too, feels like an active loading screen. First time I've ever seen a stick with something religious...feels weird.

• ComradeTaoComradeTao Rock It! Joined: Posts: 1,280
    edited January 13
    Yeah, nitewalker built the box, but it's a custom design I asked him for. I did the artwork completely in gimp (less the screen shots and stock alpha 3 art) and did the wiring, varnish, finishing, etc.
    The varnish was like 10-15 coats. No tint. It's an oil based varnish instead of acrylic because I wanted the warm look right away. Hand buffed and sanded between each coat. The last buffing took forever. I left the bottom a little rough.

I was hoping it was still out there and I could buy it back.

The religious thing? I think it's good to have reminders of good things around.

Does anyone know any current active case makers that could reproduce the wood part?
    With God, all things are possible.

The words "Hype", "Community", "Salty", and "Troll" have lost meaning due to overuse.
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 373
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,370
    One word, dude: AMAZING!
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 852
    Before photo's courtesy of the ebay listing:

After photo's courtesy of myself and a couple days loving restoration:

The top plate hasn't been touched, my camera just seems to have picked up on the tones extremely

Edit: The L1/L2 are not stock, I printed my own replacements and painted them up since I didn't wanna ruin the originals. They're a bit more stiff, but not bad for looks.

how did you clean the bottom plate? thing looks pristine
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw