Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Comments

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    finch85 wrote: »
    You'll need primer before you even apply paint, plus clear coat to stop it from chipping. If you can get plastidip cheaper than all three of those, do that.

I'm having some issues with my repainted Namco Arcade Stick, in fact it begins to melt during long game sessions, because of my hands warmth. Does Plastidip could solve this problem? Have you got any other solutions?

I'm honestly not sure whether that'll help in your situation. I've never heard of that, is it the paint melting or the plastic melting?

It's the paint, the plastic is fine

But did you put clear coat on? That would probably fix it. I'd just either repaint it and clearcoat, or just remove the paint and get some plastidip.

do you mean an additional transparent protective layer over the color? nope...black spray over the plastic and nothing more -.-

That's exactly why you're having paint issues.

Repaint it then clear coat it.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,061
    sunny84 wrote: »
    gIobe wrote: »
    Uh-oh watch out Virtual Fighter players.

Failed 6 button layout, cardboard stick

I'll take my L on the way out.

Not sure whether the joystick is mounted with only 3 screws or you're intentionally not showing one...but it's pissing me off. Nice case though.

The ball top could be in the way, or God just don't like you. Take your pick.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 110
    edited January 26
    e6necgn7lac01.jpg
    A finished product done by a recent client (http://forums.shoryuken.com/profile/ytesgonewild) showcasing some art that i did for him.
    Post edited by FoxBlaze on
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 93
    krimpai wrote: »
    My (PS1) Namco Arcade Stick to PS4 and sanwa mod
    dobcrt.jpg

It's... It's beautiful. Best thing I've ever seen. <3
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    NENDO wrote: »
    My coolest pickup from my last trip to Japan.

Exar ROYDS Stick.EX

Holy shit I saw one of those on sale at A&C in Toronto.

Good find.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,621

Exar ROYDS Stick.EX
    AWESOME.
    Tool-less modular sticks are the coolest things.

;)

Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • veohamveoham beep beep Joined: Posts: 14

Exar ROYDS Stick.EX
    (snip)

I always loved the idea of these. Somewhere I have a bookmark folder for links for magnetic connectors I had intended to use as a homage.
  • sunny84sunny84 Joined: Posts: 49

Exar ROYDS Stick.EX

I always liked the feel of the stock parts of the Royds stick EX. They have that smooth feeling like the Namco. Not sure how much of a hassle it would be to mod.
  • AgiezeAgieze Joined: Posts: 324
    edited January 29
    @sunny84 actually this Royds joystick (along with entry level Exar/Exaprize) has a lever that is the same as the one in the SNK AES stick (ls30 variant, with many parts identical to ls56 and same switch spacing as ls56) with the dreaded punched metal plate restrictor. The royds has a pcb affixed halfway on said plate so you'll probably need to relocate it. buttons are soldered on a pcb which you'll probably need to drill through for button replacement.
    Agieze wrote: »
    @sunny84 actually this Royds joystick (along with entry level Exar/Exaprize) has a lever that is the same as the one in the SNK AES stick (ls30 variant, with many parts identical to ls56 and same switch spacing as ls56) with the dreaded punched metal plate restrictor. The royds has a pcb affixed halfway on said plate so you'll probably need to relocate it. buttons are soldered on a pcb which you'll probably need to drill through for button replacement.

Sounds like a pain haha. I hate when buttons are soldered on to PCB's ala namco. I'll be keeping mine stock till the parts crap out. Interesting that it has the same joystick as the neogeo AES. I know that one is a classic for SNK fighters at the time.
  • notworksafenotworksafe To Shine! Joined: Posts: 1,274
    Been using my FS Pro a lot more lately because of AE so I decided to spruce up the art and buttons a bit with an NJPW theme

QcDY7Oq.jpg?1
    LEStxN4.jpg?1
    1OBc1kO.jpg?1
  • ErepErep Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi, I want to present my arcade stick xd
    I do the pics in diferent dates in some it is more modified than in other

First of all I do a circuit for the turbo and put some switches for any button, in that way I need to connect each button to each switch for the GND, but I can use the turbo with any pcb (brook, ps360, cthulhu, etc)
    51oSnmc.jpg

I put 2 buttons on each side for the virtual pinball xd
    x7IQbyE.jpg

Probably it's not very vivible but the stick it's hoocked with the lanyard inside the box
    TghRHhz.jpg

Select/share an start/options buttons
    DlDzt2e.jpg

The box inside with well ordered cables
    wRuhvyT.jpg

And the stick with temporal art, this is a poster from nintendo magazine xD
    7xdXgEJ.jpg

Sorry if I write something strange but my english it's a little bad xd
  • finch85finch85 Joined: Posts: 15
    You'll need primer before you even apply paint, plus clear coat to stop it from chipping. If you can get plastidip cheaper than all three of those, do that.

I'm having some issues with my repainted Namco Arcade Stick, in fact it begins to melt during long game sessions, because of my hands warmth. Does Plastidip could solve this problem? Have you got any other solutions?

I'm honestly not sure whether that'll help in your situation. I've never heard of that, is it the paint melting or the plastic melting?

It's the paint, the plastic is fine

But did you put clear coat on? That would probably fix it. I'd just either repaint it and clearcoat, or just remove the paint and get some plastidip.

do you mean an additional transparent protective layer over the color? nope...black spray over the plastic and nothing more -.-

That's exactly why you're having paint issues.

Repaint it then clear coat it.

thanks for your advice! I'll repaint it
    edited January 31
    Rage592 wrote: »
    My first attempt at making an arcade stick. Artwork is a crossover between Street Fighter and the manga "GANTZ". Props to all the custom stick builders. I quickly found out that it's easy to make a box, but it's hard to make it function and look nice.

that's definitely an unlikely combination but it seems to work lol...also gantz was a weird ass anime.

edit: removed pic tags
  • Rage592Rage592 Joined: Posts: 16
    edited January 31
    that's definitely an unlikely combination but it seems to work lol...also gantz was a weird ass anime.

The anime is just the beginning, it gets crazy in the manga. There is even a panda in there at one point.
    Post edited by Rage592 on
    Rage592 wrote: »

The anime is just the beginning, it gets crazy in the manga. There is even a panda in there at one point.

lol i need to check that out just coz it's so random.
    lol i need to check that out just coz it's so random.

Start at the Osaka Chapter, you wont regret it.
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 110
    Some Screens showing off a finished Dragon mod courtesy of one of my previous clients.

DVNtXCQXkAIrMe8.jpg

DVNtVm1WsAESMZ5.jpg
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
    Chrnocide wrote: »
    Shoutouts to @ckng for the art.

Awesome art. Air Gear and it's soundtrack are phenomenal.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,422
    edited February 6
    Guwange is the shit! Gonna get into a run on that game tomorrow. Thx 4 the reminder.
  • CairnstormCairnstorm Joined: Posts: 39
    Most recent Panzer Fight Stick Builds:

the cases for those sticks look amazing. you did an amazing job :)
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 853
    bchan009 wrote: »
    My Genesis/Megadrive stick overhaul is complete! Works with modern consoles now. More info on how I built it here.

that sticker... i need it.... for research....
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    edited February 7
    Most recent Panzer Fight Stick Builds:

these always look so clean. Definitely need me a panzer.
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,438
    Thanks @sunny84 - I appreciate it. Here's one more I just finished a bit ago :)

27459843_2456652591227415_1499973280452974453_n.jpg?oh=bc5b588e643bd456225f5767d52ae6e4&oe=5B1BBC6D

@butteroj - did I misspell something or show something naughty in my photos by mistake? I am not sure what's funny about either Sunny or I's posts.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,620

@butteroj - did I misspell something or show something naughty in my photos by mistake? I am not sure what's funny about either Sunny or I's posts.
    Luckily I have more tact than calling people out in public........

LoL ok so i have no idea wtf that was about nor care...Not sure how that warranted an lol vote but hey, people are free to do what they will
  • DrPeriDrPeri Joined: Posts: 3
    edited February 9
    Hi Everyone!

Today I bought a MadCatz TE2+ SFV Edition for U$100 from a friend and created a very cool art (well, at least I think it is hahaha). But I have a doubt concerning the template 'cause I downloaded one from Focus Attack and other from Art Hobbies and, putting each one by side, I noticed some size differences. So que question is: which one do I have to use?

Once I finished, I will upload for you ^^
    Post edited by DrPeri on
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 193
    alex_000 wrote: »
    I got into street fighter 5. I used to play street fighter 4 for many years with a shitty hitbox I made with which had movement keys on the right side (I am left handed). I did fairly ok but I never felt that I was playing the game at it should. I bought an arcade stick (Hori real arcade pro 4), and tried to adjust to inverted movement but couldn't, so I decided to mod it and move the stick to the right side.

I did the mod with whatever I could find at the hardware shop, sprays and some stickers, without using any power tools. I don't recommend it however, It was an extremely difficult mod involving lots of sanding (I had to cut the plate in half and invert only the buttons half because the lever can only be wielded on one side. I am happy with how it turned out though.

Awesome work man. This is great.
  • BlocksWithFaceBlocksWithFace Joined: Posts: 21
    alex_000 wrote: »
    I got into street fighter 5. I used to play street fighter 4 for many years with a shitty hitbox I made with which had movement keys on the right side (I am left handed). I did fairly ok but I never felt that I was playing the game at it should. I bought an arcade stick (Hori real arcade pro 4), and tried to adjust to inverted movement but couldn't, so I decided to mod it and move the stick to the right side.

I'm right handed and I've always wondered if my stick movement inputs would be better with the stick on the other side. Props for experimenting.